Difficulty

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

Difficulty

Postby TheVirtualStar on Thu May 14, 2009 12:26 am

Hey guys
I'm having a bit of problem on this newest game of yours (which is really good congratz on such a good work, and i'll hope for more good news on this to come). When i first installed NBA 09 i got the problem (as all i suppoz) that the dynasty mode didin't work, than the update came and the dynasty is working smoothly, but there is one little problem that doesn't let me enjoy my game at the highest level. I'm not a guy that likes to spend about 40 minutes on one game, so i usually play 4-6 minutes quarter on superstar level. But the superstar level didin't work out too good for me. Before the update i played all games on superstar and enjoy it very much i lost much games but i liked it. But now after the update on superstar mode it as easy as brushing my hair (not a good experesion though) i won with my team (bulls) on 30 points playing 6 minutes quarter, the same happened with orlando... i thought maybe this Too easy Superstar level works only on dynasty mode but i won with oklahoma against all-time Lakers playing 2 minutes quarter on 10 points. That's ain't right and i enjoy a dificult game even if it means i'm going to lose. It was allright playing 8 minutes quarter (i lost against orlando with bulls by 5 points) , but 40 minutes it's way too much for my character. So sorry if i missed something on the forums that this stuff was already explained but i'd really like an answer. Thank you.
TheVirtualStar

Re: Difficulty

Postby Andrew on Fri May 15, 2009 1:38 am

We're not actually the official site so we can't claim any credit for the game. Glad to hear you're enjoying it though, and welcome to our community!

I'd suggest tweaking the sliders to give yourself a bit more of a challenge. Once you get to the point where you can beat the CPU senseless on Superstar difficulty, it's time to give the CPU a bit of an unfair advantage to really force you to bring your A game. Doing things like lowering the User shooting sliders will raising the CPU's, as well as raising the CPU's ability to intercept passes and make steals forces you to be much more careful with the ball and your shot selection.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby TheVirtualStar on Sat May 16, 2009 11:00 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. And thanks for the tips, they're working perfectly i'm able to enjoy my game while playing as much as i like.
TheVirtualStar

Postby Andrew on Tue May 19, 2009 12:58 am

You're welcome, glad to hear they're working out for you. Apart from allowing us to tweak the game for as much realism as possible, the sliders can be pretty effective in giving you a challenge so if it starts getting easy again, give the CPU even more of an advantage. You can also try things like playing the first and third quarters as your opponents so that you're forced to try and make up a deficit in the second and fourth quarters, it's a bit contrived but something else to try for a change of pace.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby TheVirtualStar on Sat May 30, 2009 3:10 am

More good ideas to come from you :) Thanks once again i'll try out your quarter idea and see how that works for me, wouldn't have thought about it myself, thanks.
TheVirtualStar

Postby Andrew on Sun May 31, 2009 11:09 pm

No problem. :) As I said it's admittedly kind of contrived but when you're looking for a new challenge it's something worth trying.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 09