i usually sim the first 3 quarters...

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

i usually sim the first 3 quarters...

Postby kingjames23 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:32 am

then play the 4th, regardless of the score going into that quarter. if its a tight game i can usually pull out a victory, if i have a lead, same story. its those "down by 20" games that really are challenging.

anybody else do this? i just usually dont have time to sit down for a full 48 minute game.
kingjames23

Re: i usually sim the first 3 quarters...

Postby invoke66 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:58 am

I so totally agree, I find that even if I play the whole game the score is always like in the 120-130's making all the stats weird, the intervention thing is pretty fun though, so I use that a lot. For one of my dynasty's I just do the 2 minute quarter games :D
invoke66

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:17 am

It's definitely handy in lieu of in-game saves and can save a lot of time if you want your players to play full games but don't have the time to play them all. It's proven to be a fine addition since NBA Live 2005.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: CHI hair straightener

Postby Donatello on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:20 pm

avrgv610 wrote:CHI flat iron, CHI hair straightener, Cheap CHI flat irons, CHI ceramic flat iron save up to 74%,Fast and Free shipping at <link removed>

Ha. Huge market for hair straighteners on a video game forum. :lol:

On topic, I don't personally don't do what you're saying, but I agree that playing the whole game can sometimes be very lopsided. I have actually, over the years, found something that works pretty well, if you're playing the entire game.

I set the game to the easiest difficulty and manually adjust the sliders from that point; mine down and the CPU's up. Maybe it's just a fluke, but it's always worked wonders for me.Even with my fast-paced 6 minute quarter playstyle, I still get prety realistic stats by doing it that way.
Donatello
Dongatello

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:36 pm

That's a pretty sound strategy. So long as you can tweak the sliders to give yourself enough of a challenge, you can give yourself a game that isn't a pushover but doesn't resort to some of the unfair tricks the CPU can sometimes employ on Superstar difficulty.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby AMenace on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:26 pm

I just sim most of my dynastys, but your idea is good. Does it work with live 08 pc???
#thereturn
AMenace
A comeback??
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:47 pm

In theory it should work for any NBA Live with sliders (in other words, NBA Live 2004 onwards).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 09