Is it really over??

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

Is it really over??

Postby Loyal2Live on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:21 am

In 15 years......15 years....I never thought I would say these words. But Live is BullS*%T. When I first bought Live 09 in October, I had to take it back to the store because it wouldn't load. Mind you all my other Xbox 360 games work fine. So I take it back, get a new game, bring it home. The game loads then I play a game to get a feel. Then I started to create men....the damn game freezes. I take it back to the store again. I get another game, go thru the same process...and it freeze (thats now a total of 3 different brand new games).

I get online to NBA LIVE SERIES CENTER, it was suggested that it may have been profile error. Ok. I delete my entire profile with all the game data of all my other games (thats just how important LIVE is!!). It began working. It worked until that is after the 7th created player about a month later....Deleted the profile again, and have been playing successfully since roughly December.

Last week I go to play Live it freeze..."the disc is unreadable". Clean the disc, restart the Xbox...freezes again. After the third time, I took it back to Game Stop (of course, I bought a warranty) get a new game. Come home, the motherf%$#ing
game won't even load. Meanwhile, I can play Madden, Fight Night, 2k Baseball until my fingers bleed. So of course, I give Live yet another chance. Returned the game to a different Game Stop. The guy in the store is telling me how something written in the code for Live has problems with XBOX. Don't know if its true, but just something to think about. Anyway, got home deleted everything...everything....from the Xbox and I'll be damned the game doesn't load.

This is unacceptable! As great as the game has gotten over the years, what's the f*&king point if you can't play it. The unfortunate part of this is that I read the wishlist submitted by Andrew and I don't think game crashes were even mentioned. The other sad fact is that now I can't even switch to 2k because from my understanding it won't be around next year. Which is starting to make me wonder.....why would EA even give a S*&t anymore about fixing little glitches, if there is no left to compete against. And for those of you thinking its the console.....Like I said I've playing three different games since last week.....with NO PROBLEMS. LIVE is BULLS*#T

15 years of Live....a loyal EA customer and this.....this is what it comes to.
In NBA Live, don't play the game....play basketball !!
Loyal2Live

Re: Is it really over??

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:01 am

All I can say is that's got to suck. Yeah, I know, call me Captain Obvious, but many people have been playing Live 09 with none of those problems. There have been all sorts of "solutions" from deleting your profile like you said, to deleting any NBA Live 08 (Yes, 08)data or NBA Live demos, and even disconnecting your Xbox 360 hard drive or getting one of the newer xbox 360's. Since the game has also been reported to freeze on the PS3, I'm sure the problem is in the game itself, or it's update features.

Notice how slow the create-a-player mode can be sometimes? It seems to be reading the disc at every interval, especially when changing the shape of the face. I'm not sure if your posting because you gave up on Live or just needed to vent, but do you save your roster after every created player is made?
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:47 pm

Seconded. I had that problem too but clearing the cache resolved it and I haven't had any issues since. I did make sure to submit a list of bugs with the Wishlist (we actually submitted three documents this year) but the lines of communication with EA are still open so it's not like we can't continue reporting any issues.

At any rate, I definitely don't blame you for being frustrated. I was frustrated enough with the problem when it happened to me, even though it turned out to be fixable.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby timith11 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:25 pm

Man, that sounds rough. You seem like a loyal player, so I'm guessing 2k9 is out of the question. That's really an unfortunate situation you have yourself in right now.
timith11

Return to NBA Live 09