Double High 1

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

Double High 1

Postby Peja_4_3 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Anyone remember this play from previous lives 99-2003? This was my go to play and was pretty much unstoppable due to numerous options with the 2 big man PF/C at the free throw line and the SG and SF at the wings. The C or PF sets a pick for the PG who can drive or pull up for 3/perimeter shot or kick to an open wing player whose unguarded after the defense collapses, or the PF/C cuts to the basket. I've seen the Boston and Houston use this play a lot of times and was just disappointed that it' s not in the game. I remember they took this out in 2004. I've been searching through offensive sets in Live 09 (PS3) with no luck, was hoping i could just at least get find something similar.

Me and my friends back then (6 of us) decided not to use this against each other because it was so lethal. I remembered playing Live 99 PC with one cheeser online (modem to modem ha ha..i know) and all he did was push and knock down players to the floor, he was ranked no.1 by the way in their own website. Played him a couple of times and he lost by 40pts. They eventually learned about this strategy and posted an article calling it "Flying V".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peja_4_3

Re: Double High 1

Postby Peja_4_3 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:41 am

no replies? i guess this play wasn't pretty much used.

Playmaker, i know you're more sim and strategy type player, any chance you found something similar to this?

I posted a pic but i don't have enough posts so it was removed.
Peja_4_3

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:16 pm

That attachment is still available. No similar alternatives spring instantly to mind, sorry.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Peja_4_3 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:38 am

anyone here care to share any offensive strategies (plays) they use?
Peja_4_3

Postby MJ23_7 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:06 am

When I play basketball in real life we use that play...
MJ23_7

Postby Peja_4_3 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:20 am

i know this is Live 09 thread but this play is back in Live 10! Thank you EA! It's called 2up! there are other variations (5X etc) which is the same as the original Double High play in the earlier NBA live years!

i like this play a lot better since when you start the play you will have plenty of options depending on what the defense gives you. This play really works and i can beat Superstar (offline) with just this play/strategy. I have tried this a few times as well online but usually is not available if i'm not the host and if i do get it up, it's a nice variation or go-to play for an easy 2 or 3.

Option 1: Just wait for the screen and when the on ball defender get's stucked in the pick you have the clear path to drive to the basket or open jumper. And if the wing guys help out while you drive you have the open 3 on each wing depending on which side is open

Option 2: The defense goes through the pick, now you have you PF/C cutting to the middle of the lane for an easy 2. Take note the other big (say PF) goes on top while the other slides towards the rim (C), so if it's a shooter (ie. R.Lewis, R.Wallace, Frye, Okur, Bonner) you have another option on top.

This play is perfect for the Magic, Suns, Spurs, Celtics to name a few. The nice thing is you can call the play with any guys..so let's say i'm the Magic..i hand the ball to Carter, call 2Up, and wait for Howard for the pick and Carter will have a higlight dunk waiting, pull up for a 3 or a jumper..and depending on the how the defense react you have Pietrus, JWill/jameer on the wing and Rashard on top..
Peja_4_3

Return to NBA Live 09