Patch Update And Info...

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

Patch Update And Info...

Postby Haval on Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:59 pm

From NBA LIVE team:

Hey everyone,

The patch for the PS3 was prematurely pushed live from Sony. They quickly pulled it, but we're working on getting them to put it back up now that it's out there (stay tuned on that one). The XBOX 360 patch should follow shortly, and we appreciate your patience!

We wanted to give you some details on what’s included in the patch. We listened to the community feedback very closely, and although we couldn’t get everything we wanted to in the patch due to size limitations, we do think we’ve addressed some key issues.

The reception of NCAA Basketball 09, from a gameplay perspective, has been really good. Part of the luxury of being on the same engine for our basketball franchises is that we can differentiate between the two, but through the patch process, we’re able to get some of the really good things that the NCAA Basketball 09 team did. We addressed a lot of the gameplay complaints that you guys had including tuning shooting percentages, both overall and in contact situations, so that you’ll have a more realistic shooting percentage outcome. We also made some quick strike ballhandling, analog passing (logic and receptions) and jostle improvements.

The number one thing we were able to address was the responsiveness with block animations.

We adjusted the skill level of OTP to All-Star, so with lowered shooting percentages and a higher skill level, you should have a much improved OTP experience. Speaking of OTP, you're now able to see the "Scouting" tab to look at position leaders (not just the GMs). We bumped up the club search window to 60 seconds so that you'll have a better opportunity to find a club to play against.

You're now also able to put headbands on NBA players, and the team color accessory bug has been fixed.

Teams with alternate home jerseys are now wearing their HOME shoes instead of their away.

There are other under the hood things included in the patch (like the autosave in FIBA mode now working) that we won’t go into, but we’re pretty confident that you’ll notice a difference in NBA LIVE 09.

Thanks for your support!
Haval
Somewhat Cool

Re: Patch Update And Info...

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:13 pm

Fantastic news, thanks for the update. I'll sticky this for convenience. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Haval on Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:17 pm

No problem...Now I just have to wait for the 360 patch... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Haval
Somewhat Cool

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:19 pm

Indeed...well, at least the new Xbox Live Experience gives us something to look at in the meantime. ;)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Haval on Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:20 pm

Yeah...Lets waste some time by looking at those avatars... :wink:
Haval
Somewhat Cool

Postby Chaoot on Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:47 pm

Hmm, will this patch come through THe PS store? Probably another week then....
... Operari sequitur esse ...
Chaoot

Postby ps3owner on Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:37 am

I recently downloaded a 1.02 update for nba live 09 is this the patch that they are talking about?
ps3owner

Postby cluber77 on Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:35 am

please EA make a camera fix patch.
cluber77

Postby JaoSming on Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:12 am

what's wrong with the cameras?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Rukawa_11 on Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:09 pm

Man, good new...

I hope EA fix the number behind the jerseys, the team acessorys and add new shoes, because some players don't use the respective shoe or don't have the specific model or color...
Rukawa_11

Postby icyboiz on Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:22 pm

just dl n installed this patch. a question : what's OTP ?
icyboiz

Postby nba_baller on Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:03 pm

Just downloaded the patch, 1.02. Blocking animation definately improved. The two steps they take before they jump was removed (I'm pretty sure). Less interceptions (online) so passes were adjusted. Didn't see much else exept scored 100 points on online so they did something with the shooting. PS3 by the way.
nba_baller

Postby Chaoot on Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:53 pm

Not noticing much with the FG pct. Blocking seems more responsive, still framerate issues in replays, still no sprite highlight reel, injury thing with 365 rosters going in dynasty is resolved (!)...

Btw I'm on a ps3.

Edit: Just noticed in a game only happened in the 4th quarter, after an inbound pass on my half (my possession) the camera refuses to show my half of the court. This went on the first time for a few possessions (i changed camera angle - no avail - but after some time it was back to normal, second time it is still happening, now i'm not changing the camera, to see if it auto adjusts back.) So I'm not seeing my basket...
Ok now it jumped back after free throws opp team... BAD glitch!
... Operari sequitur esse ...
Chaoot

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:58 am

ps3owner wrote:I recently downloaded a 1.02 update for nba live 09 is this the patch that they are talking about?

Yes, that's the one. PS3 users get it first.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby edman15 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:35 am

The update is available for the 360. Popped up when i turned on the game
edman15

Postby SHAFT23 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:19 am

yeah the update is there and it has effect on the gameplay. I think they changed the block animations when you want to contest a jumper and it is really responsive. I notice it in a league game online and agaisnt the CPU on my Dynasty. It makes it really easy to block shots now. Inside and outside. Guys can average 4 blocks per game even if they aren't shot blockers.

In my online league game Ben Gordon had 4 blocks.

I saw everyone get blocked in my Dynasty game. Deng and Hughes were blocked by Kobe on lay up attempts and it's harder to score inside online, because of the new blocking.

The fastbereaks seem to have gotten an update too. My guards and forwards run the break better and the Bigmen don't seem to run upcort as often and the long outlets get stolen more often too.
SHAFT23

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:21 pm

It could be just me but the game does feel a bit smoother with the update, the changes to the blocking animations being particularly noticeable. I didn't have an issue with the wrong players getting a lot of blocks but I only played a quick game this morning to test it out. It's a bit easier to challenge shots without that delay though and there were a few more fouls on layup attempts being able to actually get up and contest the shot. Field goal percentages were also tweaked quite well in my opinion, the good shot attempt it still rewarded but contested shots seem to miss more often, as you'd expect.

Unfortunately some other stuff, like the injury status, Oklahoma City's name and similar roster issues weren't resolved. I'll try to get some more info on those issues.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby kingjames23 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:00 am

OTP? what is that?
kingjames23

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:13 am

OTP is online team play. Up to 10 players, on 10 consoles, playing online.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kingjames23 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:29 am

i wasnt even thinking about that... thought it was a rating or something lol
kingjames23

Postby Rukawa_11 on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:25 am

Andrew wrote:Unfortunately some other stuff, like the injury status, Oklahoma City's name and similar roster issues weren't resolved. I'll try to get some more info on those issues.

Yes.... I'am waiting for the next update and i hope ea fix that mistakes...
Rukawa_11

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:20 am

The injury status apparently can be worked around by saving then re-loading the rosters and one can always edit Blake Ahearn (who still has incorrect data and ratings) but the Thunder issue is a bit of an annoyance that unfortunately we can't do anything about.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby kingjames23 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:47 pm

i dont really get what the issue is with the injured players, during my dynasty the cpu teams auto reorder their rosters whenever someone gets injured and the guys who were on the reserve list get inserted back in the lineup
kingjames23

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:27 am

Ideally those players shouldn't have injured status heading into a new Dynasty game.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby kingjames23 on Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:57 am

what if they were injured to start the season... ?
i would rather not see gilbert arenas active if he isnt playing anytime soon
kingjames23

Next

Return to NBA Live 09