no defensive rotation

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

no defensive rotation

Postby kingjames23 on Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:14 am

there is a total lack of defensive rotation on the human controlled team. always. every time i go for a steal or send a double team one of two things happens. the ball handler drives to the rim untouched.. or they pass to a guy who is way too open and he knocks down a 3 on me. there is no slider for defensive assist this year and that really sucks. i am sick of the cpu getting so many easy shots. on the other end of the floor, the cpu's defense closes out way too well and rotates defensively... but i see nothing on the user controlled side.
kingjames23

Re: no defensive rotation

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:30 am

I've had guys rotate over and block shots sometimes but I'd agree that CPU teammate's movement on defense could be better, especially when you double team. I find I'm able to defend the paint OK but the slow rotation after the double teamed player finds the open teammate is a killer.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: no defensive rotation

Postby Playmakers on Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:19 pm

kingjames23 wrote:there is a total lack of defensive rotation on the human controlled team. always. every time i go for a steal or send a double team one of two things happens. the ball handler drives to the rim untouched.. or they pass to a guy who is way too open and he knocks down a 3 on me. there is no slider for defensive assist this year and that really sucks. i am sick of the cpu getting so many easy shots. on the other end of the floor, the cpu's defense closes out way too well and rotates defensively... but i see nothing on the user controlled side.

You got to fix their help side defensive ratings....the default ratings are pretty darn bad defensively

Once you increase that rating and combine it with the Help Side defensive slider for game play you should see better results.
Now Playing

Madden 10/NCAA Football 10

Currently working on NCAA Football 10 Alumni Rosters
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... sters.html
Playmakers

Return to NBA Live 09