Update on Injury Status & Errors in Live 365

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

Update on Injury Status & Errors in Live 365

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:27 am

As most people are probably already aware, the NBA Live 365 updates recognise certain players who are currently injured in real life as being injured and unplayable in the NBA Live 09 rosters. This obviously isn't ideal for those of us who are Dynasty enthusiasts as there's no way to overwrite injury status without completely resetting the rosters. I've been told that this issue is being looked at, so hopefully it will be corrected in future updates.

I've also been told that the team is aware of issues such as the incorrect team records and the Thunder still be listed as "Oklahoma City Oklahoma City" and hopefully these will be addressed soon as well. In the meantime, I'd invite anyone to report similar roster issues here in addition to information about updated accessories in the interest of providing the NBA Live 09 Development Team with useful feedback for the NBA Live 365 updates.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Update on Injury Status & Errors in Live 365

Postby thingism on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:02 am

Yes I am a xbox360 user and noticed this problem. It is ridiculous that we cannot remove the injury status after updating the rosters, players like Gilbert Arenas who are in injury are not allowed to use. Is it possible for EA to update 2 roster patches through Live 365? One with update injury status and one only with update player movement?
thingism

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:23 am

No further info from EA as yet but apparently if you save and re-load a roster, the injury status is cleared allowing you to reorder rosters before taking them into Dynasty Mode. Worth a try until EA fixes up the issue in the 365 updates.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby fjccommish on Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:04 am

Heard from one of the producers on another forum on this.

There are no plans to fix the IR issue. But it will be fixed "next year." So now with the workaround we can move players off IR back onto rosters, but in a season or dynasty if players go to the IR and then recover, the CPU teams do not place them back in the starting lineup. Either we have to monitor the IR list all through the season, then edit CPU rosters when guys are injured and then healthy, or we have to play with injuries turned off.

None of the marketing material about the game mentioned that. "Dynasty mode is improved, but you have to manually edit teams to return players from IR."
fjccommish

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:06 am

Thanks for the update, I've been waiting to hear back on that. Certainly not ideal and disappointing that they're not doing anything about it this year. I think NBA Live 365 is going to be a tough enough sell as a paid service as it is, at least until they work the kinks out. Hopefully sponsors provide the subscription until that time as I don't think many people will bother with it if it's not included in the purchase of the game, not yet anyway.

I was hoping 365 would have corrected the database errors by now though. Blake Ahearn's data is still incorrect too, though admittedly he hasn't played a game for the Spurs yet.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:06 am

Hmm...the latest 365 update I downloaded has cleared injury status for all players, though currently inactive players are still correctly placed in the inactive slots on each team's roster. You might want to check that out...no word on the database fixes yet, I'll ask again.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby xocsucram on Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:08 am

so i take it that since its now 5 months since this issue was reported by you guys and Injured Players are still not able to be used for offline gaming, EASports doesnt give a crap about this issue?

seeing as how Wade is playing tonight, id like to be able to play a realistic playoff matchup but i guess that will never happen, seeing as how they havent updated any rosters since the last game of the season on Wednesday, they should of updated for the playoffs, Ben Wallace put in 11 minutes yesterday in Game 1 but is still listed as injured (N) as of 5pm the next day(today).

the regular season updates never took this long to update, they normally are ready in the early hours of the night/morning after the last game.
xocsucram

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:46 pm

They stopped assigning "injured" status a few months back so it shouldn't be an issue anymore.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby MarkLALALakers on Sun May 31, 2009 8:42 pm

Andrew wrote:They stopped assigning "injured" status a few months back so it shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Hello Andrew, I'm just wondering if you can help really because this is an issue that kinda stops me from wanting to play NBA Live 09 and go back to NBA Live 08.

I'm playing the game on PS3 if that helps. Basically, I updated the rosters yesterday through NBA Live 365 as I was read on this forum that they had removed injuries. As it downloaded it saved it as "nbalive365" roster. I then saved this roster called "roster1". I then went to play a game as the Memphis Grizzlies and noticed that they had quite a few injuries so I put Darius Miles as the starting small forward but when I then went to play the game, he had been replaced by another player as he is "injured". Certainly on PS3 when you update the rosters, there are still injured players with the cross next to their names.

Is there anyway that you can help as now that the NBA season is nearly over, I would like to play with certain injured players on the game.

Kind regards,

Mark
MarkLALALakers

Postby Andrew on Sun May 31, 2009 11:08 pm

It would seem I stand corrected on that as the most recent updates are problematic on PS3 and Xbox 360. I've nothing to suggest, sorry. :(
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dagger55 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:16 am

Yea I noticed I can manually insert Injured players into the line-up but the "injured" icon remains next to their name. So I'm guessing they won't let me use that player once the game starts. I have the two separate roster files saved: nbalive365 and roster1 and when I load them, players are still injured. Has anyone found a way to overwrite this?
Dagger55

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:31 pm

Not that I'm aware of, that's definitely been a problem with NBA Live 365 in its first year.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 09