NBA Live 365 Updates Commence

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:56 pm

I expect problems like that will be fixed within a couple of daily updates. They seem to have added everyone which means new players have probably been added with generic bio data as part of the DNA/lineups update, which should hopefully then be corrected. With that in mind, if you're looking to start a Dynasty I'd definitely wait to see what the next couple of updates are like.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby potatolovin on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:58 pm

I hope they'll change the size of Thabo Sefolosha he's listed 6'5 in the game instead of 6'7 :(
potatolovin

Postby [Q] on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:47 am

just a question for you guys that have the new update. i have yet to play online since the beginning of the season and was wondering if jersey numbers have been fixed as well as roster changes. i'm wondering if Ariza is updated to #3, Aaron Afflalo is updated, man there were so many incorrect numbers before i just wanna know if that's been fixed.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby ps3owner on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:45 am

ariza is indeed no. 3, afflalo has no. 28 what's incorrect are some the new players such as thomas gardner. the no. is correct but the height and other info are wrong. Like what Andrew said we need to wait for updates and lets see what happens from there.
ps3owner

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:04 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if updates like that came every couple of days or even weekly, like the accessory updates. The lineup changes will be daily and some data for new players will be added where necessary but the in-depth player additions and data corrections (which I'd say will be manual) seemingly won't be.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:45 pm

The Allen Iverson trade has been included in the latest 365 update, though all players involved are on the inactive list for their new teams and Juwan Howard is still on the Nuggets roster and Cheikh Samb is in the Free Agents. The newly added players still have incorrect bio data as well.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ps3owner on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:16 am

I just have a question about the live 365. I erased my current roster because the ps3 is freezing whenever I edit or create a player. So what I did was I downloaded a new roster from live 365 and I reset that roster into it's default roster. Would live 365 still work. I'm somewhat lost here. If you're playing a team in season mode how does live 365 affect your current roster?
ps3owner

Postby ps3owner on Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:01 am

Another issue I would like to point out. Let's say I started the season mode using the current live 365 roster update and I have Iverson on the injured reserved list. Would he remain on the injured reserved list? It seems there's no way for me to remove that injury icon next to his name.
ps3owner

Postby ps3owner on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:20 am

Andrew would resetting the roster on a live 365 updated roster also reset the DNA of the players?
ps3owner

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:17 pm

YEAH!!!
ThaLiveKing

Postby ps3owner on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:52 pm

thats not good.
ps3owner

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:27 pm

thats not good.

But that's what resetting means. If you reset something, you erase the changes you've made. If if it didn't work like that, it wouldn't be resetting the rosters.

Anyway, EA Sports have sent us another status update for the NBA Live 365 service:
Hey everyone,

We wanted to check back in to let you know that not only are we extremely appreciative of the patience and excitement you all showed while we were working through our initial issues with NBA LIVE 365, but we also wanted to point out some really cool things to look at now that everything has been updated.

For starters, you’ll notice that almost every player and team is updated with new DNA. I’d like to point out some of the top rookies like Mayo, Love, Rose and Beasley. Take a look at their DNA. It’s pretty cool to see the first DNA data on new players that haven’t played in the NBA before. You can’t compare it off of last year. It’s like seeing the DNA mapping of a child established. What you’re seeing now may be the foundation for how these young superstars may play for the rest of their career. Take a look at the Rockets DNA with Artest, or Philadelphia’s DNA with Brand. It’s not there yet, but once they play some games, Detroit and Denver should look pretty different too ;).

If you’re seeing the numbers “14” and “15” for players with the latest update, it’s because they haven’t played yet. Once they do, you’ll see their DNA.

This is a process guys, and we thank you for your patience. We knew that once the now infamous “kinks” were worked out, you guys would be pleased with what you’re seeing. Please continue to give us feedback as we move forward. Things may move slowly at the beginning, but we’re working out a rhythm here that will set us up for success! Rest assured though, your game will be “Made Fresh Daily!”

Thanks,

The NBA LIVE Dev Team
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ps3owner on Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:37 pm

i think they update the rosters at 12 midnight.
ps3owner

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:04 pm

It's usually a little while after the final games have concluded, yes.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ps3owner on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:36 am

The latest NBA Live 365 update is the one that I'm sure most of us have been waiting for, not only updating lineups and Player DNA but also correcting the bio data for newly added players. It appears some jersey numbers are still incorrect (notably the recently traded Allen Iverson) but these are small issues that can be corrected by the end user as opposed to incorrect heights and weights. If you've been holding off starting a Dynasty until a more detailed update is released, you'll definitely want to check out the latest 365 release.

Is this available now or tonight at around 12:30 am?[/quote]
ps3owner

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:27 am

Yes, that one was available from the time I made my previous post.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ps3owner on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:34 pm

I'll just wait for it tonight :)
ps3owner

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:46 am

Well, the latest update should be the same in that regard so that won't be a problem. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA Live 09