Trade & Roster Advice

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

Trade & Roster Advice

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:28 pm

Stumped on how to improve your roster? Ask for suggestions in this thread; anyone may jump in with answers and advice. I'd also suggest making use of the Trading Block feature (if you're playing the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 version of the game) to see what kind of offers the CPU is willing to make for the players you're wanting to shop around.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Cleveland wins on Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:07 am

I'm doing a chicago dynasty on the playstation 2, and i was wondering first of all if trading for chris paul would be realistic? And how can i trade for him, i want to get rid of hinrich although i like him a lot his style of play. But i wanted a point gaurd who has a higher stealing stat, i have the original rosters so i haven't made a trade yet. Any advice you can give me?
Cleveland wins

Postby Valor on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:22 am

my personal opinion
trading for chris paul would NOT be realistic, due to

1. they just drafted derrick rose, who plays pg, with their number 1 overall pick
2. hornets wont give up cp3 for anyone on the bulls
3. chicago doesnt need another guard

if its pgs with high stl that u r looking for, maybe packeage hinrich and some other dudes to denver for AI, more realistic since denver is semi rebuilding right now (otherwise they wouldnt give camby away..) and they would be glad to get rid of ai's fat contract.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:47 am

It's not realistic but if you're keen on getting Paul, your Dynasty is your own NBA reality. You'll definitely have to include Hinrich in the deal, I don't think the Hornets would give him up without a point guard with an overall in the 80s coming in return.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

what do you think of this team

Postby Cleveland wins on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:16 am

charlotte bobcat line up.
C-A.ajinca-69-1st round pick
c-N.mohammed-67
pf-e.okafor-80
pf-J.dudley-72forgot what round but computer rookie
pf-s.may-70
sf-j.howard-87
sf-s.jayme-76
sf-a.morrison-76
sg-j.richardson
pg-e.boykins-75
pg-r.felton-77
pg-d.augustin-72
pg-r.powell-67
last year without playing one regular season game we went to the second round of the playoffs which i played just that one game with the hardest level. We were playing boston and we were getting blown out but we fought back with 14 to 4 run i think it was 3rd quartor and we won. Ray allen scored over 70 points for boston as their high point man, and our best player was between reymond felton and adam morrison both sccored over 20 points. Wallace didn't do much offensively and that's why we wanted a scoring small forward someone who could possible shoot threes. And i believe that josh howard may fit that discription. PLus he can play defense as an added bonus. Before the dynasty i invested my money in a scout with good grades in each catagory an a, b and a c. Not in that order. We got 2 good rookies because the draft was strong, i'm looking to trade in the offseason, early boykins and maybe powell. I may trade for either a point gaurd or a center, we have too many point gaurds on our team. Last year i think we were a 5th or 6th seed in the playoffs, we won 40 plus games close to 50. So what do you think of my team. This is done on the playstation 2.
Cleveland wins

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:04 pm

Looks alright and it seems to be getting results, though you're a bit weak up front and have a glut of point guards, one of whom I'd try to move for a backup shooting guard (or switch Morrison to a SG/SF).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Trade & Roster Advice

Postby POLISH_BOY on Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:20 am

I have about 5 days to trade deadline in my dynasty and I think I gotta make trade to fight in Playoff. I want to trade Quentin Richardson (salary - 6.50 M, ovrl-71) for a shooting guard with better shot than Quentin. I can also accept PGs like Eddie House who can play as SG as well. I thought that trading him for Luther Head will be a good idea, but they decilne it. I've also tried getting Matt Caroll (ovrl.64, 4.50 M) and I thought that I must accept but they give me totally stupid counter offers.
Other Players that I was trying to get : DJ Augustin, OJ Mayo,Eddie House, James Posey. But neither accepted my offer.
Players that I can trade to other teams from my team :
Quentin Richarson, Jerome James (4.50M), Greg Buckner (4.40 M) , DJ Strawberry (776k) . I wrote salaries because as I saw they are sometimes more important than ratings.

Write here players with a good shot ( with at least 65 3PT rating ) that I can get. Maybe there are some players that have low 3 PT rating but they shoot very well ( Roy has 58 (3PT rating) but is on first place in league leaders in 3PT shots made, and I won 3PT shootout with him yesterday ). Post every player that you think of
POLISH_BOY

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:47 am

What about Gerald Green? He can knock down threes and he's got tremendous athleticism so he can finish inside as well.

Others: Brent Barry, Michael Finley, J.R. Smith, Damien Wilkins, Kyle Korver, Damon Jones, Ronald Murray, Daequan Cook, JJ Redick, Deshawn Stevenson
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby POLISH_BOY on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:24 am

Thanks Andrew, I have had a chance of getting only 5 players of those above. Kyle Korver was a perfect man for me but, even when I gave them a superb trade offer (salary OK, Jazz were able to get players with much better ovrl) they declined it.
I tought about Cook or Wilkins too, I chose Cook after trying him in NBA Academy, but Miami declined my offer.
Then I tried getting Wilkins , Oklahoma agreed trade for Brian Skinner and 1st round pick.

So finally I have SG, but I still have Quentin Richardson in my roster :/ and I dont have PF, and next year I will have a rookie only from second round.

So I think I gotta finally trade Richardson, this time for Power Forward. Please post some PFs here ! :)
POLISH_BOY

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:27 am

My list (that you'd probably be able to get for Q) would include: Brandon Bass, Kurt Thomas (PF or C depending on your needs), Mikki Moore, Ryan Gomes, Leon Powe, Nick Collison, Chris Wilcox, Paul Millsap, Sean Williams, Jason Maxiwell and Amir Johnson.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby GANTY on Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:48 pm

Im in the 1st year of a dynasty with Boston. They have a good starting 5 could be better with a better C and PG. Ive already traded for a better C. The trade was K.Perkins, P.O'Bryant and S.Pollard for E.Brand. Now Im looking to trade for a PG with a good steal and shooting all round (FG, 3PT and Dunk).

My roster as it stands:

PF(plays C)-E.Brand $15.34M
PF-K.Garnett $24.75M
SF-P.Pierce $18.08M
SG-R.Allen $17.39M
PG-S.Cassell $6.15M
------------------------------
SG-T.Allen $1.87M
PG-G.Pruitt $711K
PF-P.Brown $8.00M
PG-E.House $932K
PG-R.Rondo $1.65M
PF-L.Powe $797K
PF-G.Davis $711K

I will not trade trade anyone in my starting 5 except S.Cassell. Other than that I will trade anyone else.
GANTY

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:23 pm

Chris Paul is the first that comes to mind, though you're not getting him for any of the players you'd be willing to give up, Jason Terry's probably out of reach as well. Maybe someone like Jordan Farmar, Randy Foye, Russell Westbrook, Ronnie Price or Rodney Stuckey.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby kitsios on Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:05 pm

POLISH_BOY wrote:I have about 5 days to trade deadline in my dynasty and I think I gotta make trade to fight in Playoff. I want to trade Quentin Richardson (salary - 6.50 M, ovrl-71) for a shooting guard with better shot than Quentin. I can also accept PGs like Eddie House who can play as SG as well. I thought that trading him for Luther Head will be a good idea, but they decilne it. I've also tried getting Matt Caroll (ovrl.64, 4.50 M) and I thought that I must accept but they give me totally stupid counter offers.
Other Players that I was trying to get : DJ Augustin, OJ Mayo,Eddie House, James Posey. But neither accepted my offer.
Players that I can trade to other teams from my team :
Quentin Richarson, Jerome James (4.50M), Greg Buckner (4.40 M) , DJ Strawberry (776k) . I wrote salaries because as I saw they are sometimes more important than ratings.

Write here players with a good shot ( with at least 65 3PT rating ) that I can get. Maybe there are some players that have low 3 PT rating but they shoot very well ( Roy has 58 (3PT rating) but is on first place in league leaders in 3PT shots made, and I won 3PT shootout with him yesterday ). Post every player that you think of

you can get
OJ Mayo by trading Reymon Felton
DJ augustin by trading D.Wright

To get OJ Mayo I made a lot of transactions I will tell them maybe they help you get him. (The team i use is Miami Heat)
J. Richardson and J.Jones to L.A Clipers for C. Kaman
C. Kaman to Charlotte for E. Okafor
E. Okafor to Sacramento for R. Artest
R. Artest to Ney Jersey for D. Harris
D. Harris and M. Collijns to Charlotte for R. Felton And M. Carrol
and finnaly R. Felton for OJ Mayo

And just mentioning one of the players i love the most
D. Cook to L.a Clippers for E. Gordon

Also if you are interested if you sign free agent A. Mcdyess, you can trade him for J. Alexander from Milwaukee, he playes very good for me.
kitsios

Postby money89 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:52 am

Wilson chandler and quentin richardson to chi for cedric simmons and tyrus thomas was a trade I made..

Maybe try trading richardson and sumone on your team for tyrus thomas and filler
money89

Postby Robert on Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:03 pm

A Im in year 2 and Im thinking about trading Okafor but I think im gonna wait till he gets a higher overall but I really want to trade Boris Diaw for a young sf or a PF i can put at the sf . Diaw gets paid 9 million and has think 2 years left so does anyone know if There is a yung pretty good sf and we have 10 mill in cap sace ,I really just need a player 20-25 or 26 who has an overall of 72-75 or higher any help?
Robert

Postby money89 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:08 pm

Perhaps joe alexander, jason thompson
money89

Postby Robert on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:24 am

Ok 1st i'll see if Danny Granger becomes a freeagent or Rudy Gay becomes a freeagent becasue I any of them does Im gonna sign them but if both players go to freeageny then I'll sign Danny Granger . But if neither of them become freeagents them I'll see if I can get Thompson or Alexander
Robert

Postby money89 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:45 pm

Luckily you didn't have to wait for free agency because let me tell you its not good lol

I cleared cap space and had about 40 mil to spend in the 2011 when lebron,kobe, every great player was supposed to be a FA and none were there! Only nowitzki but he was 33 or sumthin like that so I signed other up and comin players instead but not the superstar signing I was hopin for
money89

Postby Robert on Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:34 pm

money89 wrote:Luckily you didn't have to wait for free agency because let me tell you its not good lol

I cleared cap space and had about 40 mil to spend in the 2011 when lebron,kobe, every great player was supposed to be a FA and none were there! Only nowitzki but he was 33 or sumthin like that so I signed other up and comin players instead but not the superstar signing I was hopin for

Man I would hate that!So what does your starting 5 look like now
Robert

Postby Cleveland wins on Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:59 am

money89 wrote:Luckily you didn't have to wait for free agency because let me tell you its not good lol

Well, actually, the superstar free agent year is supposed to be 2010. Did you check the free agent list then?
Cleveland wins

Postby money89 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:34 pm

I cleared all the space for 2010 and they weren't Free agents. In the game they become free agents in 2011.
money89

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:19 am

That's because NBA Live's contract lengths don't recognise opt out clauses, which is how LeBron and co will (likely) become free agents in 2010.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby SinDS on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:51 pm

Okay, so this isn't so much advice on what I need, but how to achieve it.

I'm trying to get Boston's first round pick (since the mock draft in the offseason central has them having the 1st pick), but they don't seem to want to trade it away. How exactly can you achieve trades involving picks?
SinDS

Postby money89 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:13 pm

U would have to give them a really good player and take back a low rating player from them...but it is hard to trade picks especially #1 overall...I currently have 9 2nd rd picks idn wat im gonna do with all of them lol
money89

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:47 pm

The bottom line is that it's very hard to get lottery picks (especially projected #1s), which is how it should be. You really need to offer an arm and a leg just to get a chance and even then teams sometimes will just not be interested in parting with their pick...especially in a strong draft.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Next

Return to NBA Live 09