NBA Live 09 Sliders - Playstation 2

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

NBA Live 09 Sliders - Playstation 2

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:46 am

Please post any and all sliders suggestions or questions related to the Playstation 2 version of NBA Live 09 here. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Playmakers on Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:43 am

Man I used to have some fun times with Live on my PS2

I think my favorite one was NBA Live 06 that game had some cool plays and with proper sliders it played awesome.
Last edited by Playmakers on Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now Playing

Madden 10/NCAA Football 10

Currently working on NCAA Football 10 Alumni Rosters
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... sters.html
Playmakers

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:56 am

I'd say it was the last good release on the previous generation of consoles (and to date, PC).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby megidoflare on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:09 am

(Yikes. last post was on Oct 22...)

Anyways, I did some PS2 slider tweaking and I'll share some of it here once I have the time..

I've made some progress though. CPU teams are subbing more frequently throughout the game (8-9 man rotation). but unfortunately, still no AUTO SUBS. :|
megidoflare

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:29 am

Indeed, not a lot of people playing this version of the game given there's no PC port. Feel free to share those slider sets though. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA Live 09 Sliders - Playstation 2

Postby Cleveland wins on Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:50 pm

So far with my sliders i'm getting good realistic stats, for both offense and defense, and this is the playstation 2, gameplay even. I've set cpu interception slider to zero, because every time i pass the ball to my big men down low they intercept it. Stealing stat is 50 but i still get a fairly good amount of steals, blocking is great but hard. I still don't know how to get my big men to jump for blocks. I've set the play quartor legnth to 5 minutes sometimes 4, so there won't be too many steals or blocks, i want the cpu's and my stealing and blocking stats to be no more than 15 each. But overall i say the way i have all my sliders setup makes my game more realistic. For playstation 2 users the way you set your gameplay quartor legnth, is to set your simquartor legnth, if you want your gameplay to be 5 minutes then you have to set your simquartor legnth to 5 minutes. Before i knew that i could do that, i was playing 12 minute quators with very unrealistic scoring. For midrange, shortrange and longrange sliders, shortrange could be set to 50, midrange 40, and longrange 30. And you should have realistic scoring. You can still make three pointers with that 30 longrange, i know i do, you just have to jump, and at the very top of the jump, release the ball, and it should go in. Unless the cpu is playing defense, but if you're open, then it should go in. With my sliders set the way they are, i'm very satisfied with my stats, I just wish i had the patience to play every game.
Cleveland wins

Return to NBA Live 09