NBA Live 09 Sliders - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

NBA Live 09 Sliders - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:45 am

Please post any and all sliders suggestions or questions related to the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions of NBA Live 09 here. Alternatively, if you'd like to share your sliders via the EA Locker post your gamertag so that your locker can be accessed. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SHAFT23 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:10 am

the only thing i did so far is bring long range shooting and mid range shooting down 20% and brought close range shooting down to 25%

so the mid range and long range are twice the size of the short range shooting.

it selems to make the players miss shots inside when contested. Even the good players. The game was more realistic to me. On default almost every inside shot is money.
SHAFT23

Postby tosharetowin on Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:27 am

In SUPERSTAR DIFICULT and offline, if you learn to defend very good(it is not easy) the Sliders are very good.
It is my experience.

The CPU scores more easy if you don´t control the man who defend the ball player.I have studied this aspect, it is true.

Cause if you down the slider in shots and the CPU shot totaly free the shot is not basket like if you are near the ball player.
When a man shot free , the basket is a 80% to be (in CPU case)
(in Human case ,depend of player and timing shot)
I think.
The defense is the key to the victory,like in Real Basket.
The Defense, not : the No sportmanship (like any Team did it in last play offs)
Bye BasketballLovers.
tosharetowin

Postby kingjames23 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:55 pm

my shooting sliders so far....
for both User and CPU

short range 25% (makes less shots go down in traffic but is complimented by raising the dunk %)

mid range 45%
(the average nba team shoots about 45% 7 teams shot this percentage so i used this as the starting point. 11 teams shot better than this last year and 12 teams shot worse than this last year. at the high end 50% at the low end 43.5%

long range 35%
(the average nba team shoots about 35% 5 teams shot this percentage so i used this as the starting point. 14 teams shot better than this last year and 9 shot worse than this last year. at the high end 39.3% at the low end 31.7%

dunk 75% (offsets the lower short range slider i think bringing inside scoring to 50% overall) 75-25 =50

layup 50% default seems to work well for me here

my sliders are in my EA locker, my gamertag is DARTH KTULU and it is set to be available to the public. editing the slidrs is easy enough that you dont need to download them really anyways.
Last edited by kingjames23 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kingjames23

Postby kingjames23 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:45 pm

GAME PLAY SETTINGS, not yet a final slider set... still needs some adjustments

Auto Subs ON
Game Speed: 50
Fatigue Effect: 75
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 0
Shooting Foul Frequency: 50
Reach-in Foul Frequency: 25
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 100

USER SLIDERS

User Steal Ability: 75
User Interception Ability: 50
User Shot Block Ability: 75
User Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 50
User Offensive Rebounding: 50
User Defensive Rebounding: 100
User Fake out Discipline: 75
User Short Range Shooting: 25
User Medium Range Shooting: 45
User Long Range Shooting: 35
User Dunk Percentage: 75
User Lay-up Percentage: 50
User Drop Step Effectiveness: 75
User Sink Or Swim Effectiveness: 75
User Defensive Low Post Strength: 75
User Shot Alter Ability: 100
User Fight Through Screen Ability: 75
User Hands in Post: 75
User Hands on Perimeter: 75

CPU SLIDERS

CPU Steal Ability: 50
CPU Interception Ability: 0* (was 25, still kept getting picked off way too often)
CPU Shot Block Ability: 50
CPU Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 25
CPU Dunk vs Layup Frequency: 50
CPU On Ball Physical Defense: 100
CPU Offensive Rebounding: 0
CPU Defensive Rebounding: 100
CPU Fake out Discipline: 100
CPU Short Range Shooting: 25
CPU Medium Range Shooting: 45
CPU Long Range Shooting: 35
CPU Dunk Percentage: 75
CPU Lay-up Percentage: 50
CPU Drop Step Effectiveness: 100
CPU Help Side Defensive Effectiveness: 100
CPU Sink Or Swim Effectiveness: 100
CPU Close Out Effectiveness: 100
CPU Defensive Low Post Strength: 75
CPU Shot Alter Ability: 100
CPU Fight Through Screen Ability: 100
CPU Pass Accuracy: 100
CPU Hands in Post: 100
CPU Hands On Perimeter: 100

12 MINUTES

HUMAN SKILL LEVEL ALL STAR
CPU SKILL LEVEL ALL STAR
Last edited by kingjames23 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingjames23

Postby Playmakers on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:24 pm

kingjames23 wrote:GAME PLAY SETTINGS, not yet a final slider set... still needs some adjustments

Auto Subs ON
Game Speed: 50
Shooting Foul Frequency: 50

USER SLIDERS

User Steal Ability: 75
User Interception Ability: 50
User Shot Block Ability: 75
User Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 50
User Offensive Rebounding: 50
User Fake out Discipline: 75
User Short Range Shooting: 25
User Medium Range Shooting: 45
User Long Range Shooting: 35
User Dunk Percentage: 75
User Lay-up Percentage: 50
User Drop Step Effectiveness: 75
User Sink Or Swim Effectiveness: 75
User Defensive Low Post Strength: 75
User Shot Alter Ability: 100
User Fight Through Screen Ability: 75
User Hands in Post: 75
User Hands on Perimeter: 75

CPU SLIDERS

CPU Steal Ability: 50
CPU Interception Ability: 25
CPU Shot Block Ability: 50
CPU Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 25
CPU Dunk vs Layup Frequency: 50
CPU Defensive Rebounding: 100
CPU Fake out Discipline: 100
CPU Medium Range Shooting: 45
CPU Long Range Shooting: 35
CPU Lay-up Percentage: 50
CPU Sink Or Swim Effectiveness: 100
CPU Shot Alter Ability: 100
CPU Pass Accuracy: 100

12 MINUTES

HUMAN SKILL LEVEL ALL STAR
CPU SKILL LEVEL ALL STAR

Holy crap man.....My settings are virtually identical to these with a few sliders being just a tad lower for Human.

I have the CPU skill level on Super Star which I think is cool idea this year by EA to allow us to seperate the difficulty level
Now Playing

Madden 10/NCAA Football 10

Currently working on NCAA Football 10 Alumni Rosters
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... sters.html
Playmakers

Postby kingjames23 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:55 pm

care to post yours Playmakers? im finding mine a tad on the difficult side. but i might not be as skilled as some here. im curious to see how similar yours are?
kingjames23

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:03 pm

How much of a difference does putting all those sliders at 75 or 100 make? Wouldn't you want to turn cpu pass accuracy down a bit so they don't complete a bunch of full court passes? Shouldn't user drop step effectiveness be lower because it's already easy to score in the paint?
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kingjames23 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:12 am

its already herder to score in the paint with the human inside scoring rating lowered to 25, and the cpu defense is maxed out at 100 for almost everything except the steal and block sliders. even if you get the drop step, if you dont finish strong the cpu usually denies you the basket in my experience. i would rather be able to do the move and not finish in traffic than not be able to do the move at all.

as far as the passing rating for the cpu, i set that at 100 to limit user controlled interceptions, but if i notice more than 2 or 3 full court passes from the cpu per game i will tone it down. i originally set the human slider for passing at 0 and my outlet passes all went sky high. anyways, i don't think this is a final slider set in my opinion.

Playmakers where is yours?
kingjames23

Postby Playmakers on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:53 am

TWEAKED FINAL VERSION ON 10/15/08

Wanted to get more defense into the game and also slow down the high FG% because of EA's overated ratings for just about every single outside shooter. I couldn't take knocking down 5-6 straight 3's with Jerry Brickhouse/Stackhouse anymore and the CPU's post defense and help defense was atrocious.

Also, if you have free time I'd reccomend going in and doing a Global Edit to all players Verticals -25 points. It will take away all the Jet fast dunks and layups you see when players take off.
-----------------------------------------------------
GAME PLAY

SUPER STAR LEVEL-If your looking for a challenge this is definetly the level to play on.

ALL STAR-This Level is pretty decent and you'll get some games with true stats and player edits will make this level just as good as Super Star.

MINUTES: 9

Auto Subs-ON
Game Speed: 48
Fatigue Effect: 78.....(U have to keep this atleast 30% higher than your game speed slider)
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 48
Shooting Foul Frequency: 38.........(I reduced this down after playing more games but I'm shooting for NBA league avg's here 25 FT's per game)
Reach-in Foul Frequency: 78.........(This is the 2nd most frequent call in the NBA)
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 90

Game Play Sliders

User Steal Ability: 30
User Interception Ability: 80.........(I use this to trigger a few more fast breaks until I edit the rosters)
User Shot Block Ability: 30
User Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 80
User Offensive Rebounding: 30
User Defensive Rebounding: 80
User Fakeout Discipline: 10............(I want the CPU to be able to pull off the same moves as Human player)
User Short Range Shooting: 20
User Medium Range Shooting: 38....(Now you have to really know your shooters spots)
User Long Range Shooting: 34
User Dunk Percentage: 60
User Lay-up Percentage: 45
User Drop Step Effectiveness: 10.....(This stops guys like Eric Dampier from looking like Tim Duncan inside)
User Sink Or Swim Effectiveness: 30
User Defensive Low Post Strength: 30....(CPU Big's already play weak enough inside)
User Shot Alter Ability: 80
User Fight Through Screen Ability: 30
User Hands in Post: 0
User Hands on Perimeter: 45

CPU:

CPU Steal Ability: 80.........(May seem rather high but if your aware of the defender he won't pick your pockets)
CPU Interception Ability: 30
CPU Shot Block Ability: 30
CPU Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 80.....(CPU really doesn't protect the paint very well if this is set any lower IMO)
CPU Dunk vs Layup Frequency: 100..(Makes CPU perimeter players attack the basket more & helps them in fast breaks)
CPU Offensive Rebounding: 30
CPU Defensive Rebounding: 80
CPU Fakeout Discipline: 100............(I got tired of of seeing clowns fall down)
CPU Short Range Shooting: 20
CPU Medium Range Shooting: 38
CPU Long Range Shooting: 34
CPU Dunk Percentage: 60
CPU Lay-up Percentage: 45
CPU Help Side Defensive Efffectiveness: 100
CPU Sink Or Swim Effectiveness: 100.......(This helps the CPU's Elite Big's to go to work down low)
CPU Defensive Low Post Strength: 100.....(Game is too easy to back people down)
CPU Shot Alter Ability: 80.............(This is their only chance of throwing off your jumper every now and then since EA did away with poor release shot slider)
CPU Pass Accuarcy: 100..............(Lowering this just creates a mess on their fast breaks and they don't get very many to begin with IMO)
Last edited by Playmakers on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:26 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Now Playing

Playmakers

Postby babbtong on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:28 am

just a question Playmaker...when you say human skill level and cpu skill level, is that in the options under gameplay settings? it says away team skill level and home team skill level, but doesn't designate a cpu vs. human option? :?
babbtong

Postby Playmakers on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:42 am

babbtong wrote:just a question Playmaker...when you say human skill level and cpu skill level, is that in the options under gameplay settings? it says away team skill level and home team skill level, but doesn't designate a cpu vs. human option? :?

Yeah my bad

I guess to simply things depending on which team you control set the Human level to All-Star and CPU to Super Star.

I prefer that setup because it makes the game more challenging for me. A lot of guys aren't going to like Super Star level for the CPU because they knock down shots but I don't care I want a challenge and when I play good defense I get rewarded on Super Star level if I suck then the CPU kills me doing a game.

They shoot a little more realistic on All-Star level but I kept eventually blowing them out.
Now Playing

Playmakers

Postby lyk13 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:09 pm

PM, for some weird reason, I couldn't post in your original thread at sportsgamer(in fact reg-ed but can't enter forum).

In any case, I'm using your sliders and options full fledge, but toned down the Shooting Foul frequency to 25(to test).

Basically, the PF is scoring on me at will, and if my player is defending him well and going for the block, fouls and 1 are the norm.

What's your opinions on that? Otherwise, I really like how the game played out, difficulty is there, but the pain is to switch difficulty levels if your team is at Away instead of Home.

Thanks and props. :D
lyk13

Postby Playmakers on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:18 am

lyk13 wrote:PM, for some weird reason, I couldn't post in your original thread at sportsgamer(in fact reg-ed but can't enter forum).

In any case, I'm using your sliders and options full fledge, but toned down the Shooting Foul frequency to 25(to test).

Basically, the PF is scoring on me at will, and if my player is defending him well and going for the block, fouls and 1 are the norm.

What's your opinions on that? Otherwise, I really like how the game played out, difficulty is there, but the pain is to switch difficulty levels if your team is at Away instead of Home.

Thanks and props. :D

Unfortunatley there is no way to tone down the And 1's using the default NBA Live rosters. I've observed the ratings and do to the many harrasing request :lol: I'll go in and alter the ratings that I've found makes Live a better product than it already is out of the box.

I will then send that file to 1-2 guys who have EA Locker and also create a zip file for those who don't have it.

Anyone that doesn't have either of those options I'll provide you with a detailed list of the ratings that were altered very similiar to the previous 3 versions of Live (06, 07, 08) I've worked on for Next Gen.

I really didn't want to go this direction, just wanted to play the game but I can see there are still some issues that can't be covered up or hidden even with the new DNA features.

EA removed several sliders this year not sure if you guys caught on to that and I'm really dissapointed because they sent out a wishlist thread asking about what sliders should be added in 09, well they didn't even bother to add any new sliders in stead they removed for the 3rd straight year sliders that effect game play.

Andrew maybe you can make a point of emphasis to EA in regards to them removing several key sliders over the last few years and I have a list of the ones that were removed

Adjusted Shot %............This game badley needs it
Poor Release Shot %......This game badly needs it
1st Step
On Ball Defensive Assist
FT Percentage Slider
Pro Hop Effectiveness......I see guys that are basically unstoppable in this years game when it is used

There are like 2-3 more that I can't think of at the moment. But those 1st two Adjusted Shot and Poor Release Shots would have done wonders for this game.
Now Playing

Playmakers

Postby lyk13 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:35 am

PM, nevertheless, thanks for your dedication, every year, the first thing I would go out for is to find sliders to adjust gameplay, and from that, I've learnt about you...:D

If whatever are your ratings are up on EA Locker, do inform the community though. :D
lyk13

Postby kingjames23 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:12 am

hey playmakers,do you think you will be doing player edits this year? i am thinking that would kind of make the whole point of the 365 dna updates... pointless? i did some edits last year myself... and i was very happy with the results. this years game seems to play better out of the box anyways.. and even better with slider tweekage. do you think the players need adjustments? in what areas?
kingjames23

*** The Tomba Formula ***NBA Live 09 Slider Settings

Postby Tomba on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:56 am

Visual Settings

Broadcast
Camera Height - 0
Zoom - 3

Player Indicator - ON
Replay indicator - OFF
Auto Replay Frequency - 0
Pick n Roll - OFF
Call Play - OFF
DNA Ticker - OFF

Brightness Control

Brightness - 4
Contrast - 1

Game Level

Home Team Skill Level - Superstar
Away Team Skill Level - All-Star
8 - 9 Minute Quarters

Auto Sub - ON
Game Speed: 43
Shooting Foul Frequency: 25

User Sliders

User Steal Ability: 50
User Interception Ability: 100
User Shot Block Ability: 100
User Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 0
User Offensive Rebounding: 100
User Fakeout Discipline: 0
User Short Range Shooting: 50
User Medium Range Shooting: 50
User Long Range Shooting: 50
User Dunk Percentage: 100
User Lay-up Percentage: 75
User Drop Step Effectiveness: 30
User Sink Or Swim Effectiveness: 100
User Defensive Low Post Strength: 100
User Shot Alter Ability: 0
User Fight Through Screen Ability: 100
User Hands in Post: 100
User Hands on Perimeter: 100

CPU Sliders

CPU Steal Ability: 0
CPU Interception Ability: 0
CPU Shot Block Ability: 0
CPU Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 0
CPU Dunk vs Layup Frequency: 0
CPU Defensive Rebounding: 75
CPU Fake-out Discipline: 0
CPU Medium Range Shooting: 50
CPU Long Range Shooting: 25
CPU Lay-up Percentage: 25
CPU Drop Step Effectiveness: 0
CPU Sink Or Swim Effectiveness: 75
CPU Shot Alter Ability: 25
CPU Fight Through Screen Ability: 0
CPU Pass Accuracy: 0
CPU Hands in Post: 50
CPU Hands On Perimeter: 75

In it's 3rd year, the Tomba Slider Set combines game logic with real life NBA basketball knowledge. Focusing on creating an accurate game speed and flow, Tomba's slider sets bring to you the further realization of realism and depth to your gameplay needs. From visual to on court player behavioral play, this years Tomba slider set continues to provide the best option in your gaming experience.

***Now available on XBoxLive 360>EA Locker >Global Content***
Tomba

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:17 am

Cool, I will check these out. Thank you.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Playmakers on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:32 am

kingjames23 wrote:hey playmakers,do you think you will be doing player edits this year? i am thinking that would kind of make the whole point of the 365 dna updates... pointless? i did some edits last year myself... and i was very happy with the results. this years game seems to play better out of the box anyways.. and even better with slider tweekage. do you think the players need adjustments? in what areas?

No not massive adjustments.

Just a few Glaobal edits that takes like 20-30 minutes to do all teams and few individual ratings like making LBJ more aggressive and attack off the dribble more, making Shaq not settle for short jumpers and instead try to dunk or someone's a$$ in the paint like typical Shaq, trun Jason Kidd into strictly a distributer because EA for some odd reason gave him the 2nd highest shooting mentality on the Mavs.

There were other's but those are just some things I'll be tweaking on my own because I don't think DNA updates will solve those issues within the game.

DNA updates won't make players move without the ball better, attack the rim on the break, recognize how to rotate properly on help defense or balance this game out when it comes to shot variety. Right now guy's are afraid to attack the rim off the dribble. I've always wanted a mid range game in Live and EA has definetly got that right this year but they kinda over did it as you'll see way too many guys settle for jumpers and knock down shots from everywhere because half the league when I observed the ratings have a very high mid range and long range shooting rating.

i didn't realize shooting was that easy until I went back to playing Live yesterday. Basically you have to really drop the shooting ranges this year because that's the only way by using the sliders you can get guys to shoot below 50% consistently.

The Sliders I posted are about to get an overhaul to adjust to the lower shooting sliders I've figured out.
Now Playing

Playmakers

Postby Playmakers on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:57 pm

I posted and update to my final version within this slider thread.
Now Playing

Playmakers

Postby bank4life on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:33 pm

Playmakers, thanks again for your dedication, every year.
bank4life

Postby Cleveland wins on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:57 am

Next time i play i'm gonna use the short range, medium range and long range and set them to 50, because even when i set them to 60 something i still make most of my shots, even in the hardest level.
Cleveland wins

Postby kingjames23 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:35 am

every player rating should have a slider that relates to it, this way you dont have to globally edit every player.. but rather you can edit every players performance based on sliders...

so rather than globally editing every player's rating, globally edit a slider to control the effectiveness of the ratings

lets take vertical leap... (hypothetical slider)

so instead of dropping every players vertical 25 points as playmakers suggested, simply drop the verticals slider by 25 points, so that the ratings remain the same... but the effectiveness of those ratings in changed by the sliders.

so say you have a guy on your team with a vertical rating of 90 and another guy with a vertical of 45, if you tweek the sliders (which are 50 by default) down by 25 points to a setting of 25, that guy with the 90 rating will jump like a guy with a 65 rating, and the guy with the rating of 45 will jump like a guy with a rating of 20.

of course this means that if you raise the slider by 25 (from 50 default) then the guy with the rating of 90 will jump at a 99 (where the ratings would top out normally) and the guy with the rating of 45 would jump as if his rating was 70.

this would really help fine tune the gameplay

so yeah, a specific slider for each and every attribute.
kingjames23

Re: *** The Tomba Formula ***NBA Live 09 Slider Settings

Postby kingjames23 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:49 am

Tomba wrote:Image

Visual Settings

Broadcast
Camera Height - 0
Zoom - 3

Player Indicator - ON
Replay indicator - OFF
Auto Replay Frequency - 0
Pick n Roll - OFF
Call Play - OFF
DNA Ticker - OFF

Brightness Control

Brightness - 4
Contrast - 1

Game Level

Home Team Skill Level - Superstar
Away Team Skill Level - All-Star
8 - 9 Minute Quarters

Auto Sub - ON
Game Speed: 43
Shooting Foul Frequency: 25

User Sliders

User Steal Ability: 50
User Interception Ability: 100
User Shot Block Ability: 100
User Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 0
User Offensive Rebounding: 100
User Fakeout Discipline: 0
User Short Range Shooting: 50
User Medium Range Shooting: 50
User Long Range Shooting: 50
User Dunk Percentage: 100
User Lay-up Percentage: 75
User Drop Step Effectiveness: 30
User Sink Or Swim Effectiveness: 100
User Defensive Low Post Strength: 100
User Shot Alter Ability: 0
User Fight Through Screen Ability: 100
User Hands in Post: 100
User Hands on Perimeter: 100

CPU Sliders

CPU Steal Ability: 0
CPU Interception Ability: 0
CPU Shot Block Ability: 0
CPU Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 0
CPU Dunk vs Layup Frequency: 0
CPU Defensive Rebounding: 75
CPU Fake-out Discipline: 0
CPU Medium Range Shooting: 50
CPU Long Range Shooting: 25
CPU Lay-up Percentage: 25
CPU Drop Step Effectiveness: 0
CPU Sink Or Swim Effectiveness: 75
CPU Shot Alter Ability: 25
CPU Fight Through Screen Ability: 0
CPU Pass Accuracy: 0
CPU Hands in Post: 50
CPU Hands On Perimeter: 75

In it's 3rd year, the Tomba Slider Set combines game logic with real life NBA basketball knowledge. Focusing on creating an accurate game speed and flow, Tomba's slider sets bring to you the further realization of realism and depth to your gameplay needs. From visual to on court player behavioral play, this years Tomba slider set continues to provide the best option in your gaming experience.

***Now available on XBoxLive 360>EA Locker >Global Content***

man, who the heck is Tomba? these sliders look iffy at best... compared to playmakers, or even mine for that matter... he is going in a totally different direction here
kingjames23

Postby Bateman111 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:16 pm

LOL at dissing tomba. This guy is the king.
Bateman111

Next

Return to NBA Live 09