is there any limit?

Talk about NBA 2K9 here, as well as all previous games in the NBA 2K series.

is there any limit?

Postby AreaOfEffect on Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:24 pm

me and my friends are planning tou buy nba 2k10, the 3 of us will pay for it. but is there any limit in installing it on diffrent pc's? i mean, can the 3 of us install it on our pc using the same dvd?
AreaOfEffect

Re: is there any limit?

Postby benji on Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:26 pm

You'd have to share the Steam account, and it can only be logged into on one PC at a time.
benji

Postby AreaOfEffect on Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:40 pm

ah. so all of us can install it, we only have to share on one account? kk. tnx :D
AreaOfEffect

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:49 pm

benji wrote:You'd have to share the Steam account, and it can only be logged into on one PC at a time.

I'm aware it can be only logged on to one PC at a time but I didn't know about sharing a Steam account. I lent my 2K9 copy to a friend and it seems to work fine without her harassing me about Steam.
Unless Steam automatically logs an account in any PC or....
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby hungrybear on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:12 pm

shadowgrin wrote:
benji wrote:You'd have to share the Steam account, and it can only be logged into on one PC at a time.

I'm aware it can be only logged on to one PC at a time but I didn't know about sharing a Steam account. I lent my 2K9 copy to a friend and it seems to work fine without her harassing me about Steam.
Unless Steam automatically logs an account in any PC or....

this was because 2k screwed up last year and forgot to include the cd keys in the box, so they had to patch it to allow people to install the game without a cd key, meaning you could use one cd to register the game on multiple accounts. I doubt they let the same thing happen again this year, whoever slipped up probably got canned as the community response when the game initially asked for the missing key prior to install was pretty harsh, plus i like to think 2k is paying more attention to us pc gamers this year, heck they even included online play and living rosters.
hungrybear

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am

I think that problem was for the North American release only. I'm in Asia (Philippines) and mine had a CD-Key stickied to the manual. The installation procedure never did ask for any cd-key though.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Return to NBA 2K9 & Older