2k9 Moves List

Talk about NBA 2K9 here, as well as all previous games in the NBA 2K series.

Postby Sportsgamer on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:36 am

Za_man: Its the up and under move. When posting up, move the RS into direction and then quickly into another. You have to figure out yourself when he does which upandunder move.

And does anyone else know how to do some moves in Blacktop? I only know pressing Sprint+Sizeup... And button mashing sprint+crossover+sizeup.
Sportsgamer

Postby Za man on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:49 am

Thanks for the answer bro but no matter how hard i tried i still can't figure it out i followed your tip and i also read about the upandunder post move in other forums and still no change i hope some one can give me a walkthrough exactly what should i do in order to get it right THANKS. ;)
We are the football Champions the winners of the African Cup of Nations 6 times last 2 on a roll.
Za man

Postby Bsktblking25 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:54 pm

how do you do the move jamal crawford does?
Call him Robin Hood the way he's stealin' and dishin' that rock.
Bsktblking25

Postby Sportsgamer on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:22 pm

Sorry Za_man I cant explain it better..
Bsktblking25: The Crawford moves happens randomly if the player has the Crawford package. Its pretty inaccurate though
Sportsgamer

Postby Za man on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:23 pm

Well it's me again bro. since it seem that you are the only one who can get it right. so i got no one else but you to ask for instructions. first you post up with the LB button then you pump fake with the X button and as soon as the pump fake initiate you move the RS left then right or up then under my question is you make all of this with the LB button pressed or as soon as the pump fake start you release the LB button. or what is the sequence exactly. sorry for the inconvenience. (Y)
We are the football Champions the winners of the African Cup of Nations 6 times last 2 on a roll.
Za man

Postby Sportsgamer on Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:17 am

Huh? I dont get it :oops:

Just hold post-up. And try to do it with the RS instead of the buttons
Sportsgamer

Postby GuCcI08 on Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:14 pm

aiite let me try to explain. first post up then tap tha RS to left or right then quickly, quickly flick tha RS toward tha rim to finish tha up and under move. also try wit gasol at tha end instead of flickin toward tha rim flick it away from tha rim. it's a good move also. its a pump fake to left then right then tha hook shot. pretty sweet :D
GuCcI08

Postby Za man on Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:09 pm

Thanks GuCcI08 for the explaination. after lots of tries i finaly figure it out my problem with is to keep pressing the post up button while iam using the RS or as soon as my player post up i should release the post up button and do the trick only with the RS now i know.

Here is my contribution to the 2k9 Moves List thread:
BLACKTOP STREET MOVES:
in order to make this crazy (AND1 style) street moves. here is how it's done with your player in a stand position press and hold the (Post up + Turbo) buttons and try one of the main 4 buttons on your controller (Shoot, Pass, Crossover & Spin) etc... (Post up + Turbo & Shoot) this will do a move or (Post up + Turbo & Spin) this will make a different move.
N.B YOU MUST MAKE THIS MOVES WITH A SKILLFULL BALL HANDLER
otherwise your player will loss the ball easily to the defender. hope this help you guys to enjoy the BLACKTOP mode as i do. enjoy ;)
Za man

Re: 2k9 Moves List

Postby GuCcI08 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:34 pm

for all tha nba 2k9 moves list. chek out this site!!! http://www.allgame.com/
GuCcI08

Postby FiZzO on Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:52 am

How can i perform a tip-jam ?? Is it RT + Y like regular tip-ins or do i have to press something else. Maybe it's because of my sliders cu ive got all the dunking sliders at 42 or lower .. but i have tried moving them up and still no tip-jams. Hell i have played about 40 games but i have only seen 1 tip-jam (and even that could have been 2k8 i don't remember)
So .. could someone please help me??
FiZzO

Postby GuCcI08 on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:29 am

i never got a tip-jam be4. im using RT + rebound button. mayb its some other button to do tip-in jam.
GuCcI08

Postby Roie316 on Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:26 am

Does anyone knows what is the meaning in PC game of the buttons B2, B3, B6 etc?

I don't get it
Roie316

Postby Joern III on Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:49 am

hello :)

i have the pc-version of nba 2k9 and play with logitec-dual-action.
in training i press 5 and take right stick for a dunk. :oops:

but, in the game i don´t see dunks and can´t make dunks with it.
the cpu-team dont make dunks too. steal ball in the feld never
goes too. :cry:

have some of you a idea for help :?:

tanks :!: (Y)
www.hsv.de ...thats my favorite team. i hope for win the german championchip in the next future...
Joern III

Postby nalcazar on Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:35 pm

how I make this fake move?

sorry for my English
nalcazar

Postby Za man on Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:18 am

Oh yes please!!! can some on tell us how to make this kind of fake move?
Za man

Postby GuCcI08 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:02 am

running towards the key, tapping LT quickly before pumpfaking with X. You can do this setup with the shot stick also, but it's very unreliable whereas the X button does it basically every time. Remember that LeBron up-and-under .gif that Momentous made? That setup leads into those moves.

So tap LT while on the move, then quickly tap X, and then quickly move the shot stick in any direction. There are 3 or 4 different moves that will happen, and it seems like moving the LS after that X fake determines which move you do. There is a triple-fake up and under (seems like holding the RS in a direction causes this msot often), a double-fake kind of floater/one-hand jumper thing, a fake then jumper (you can fade away on this one as well), or you can cut it short and basically use the LT + X fake as a quick stop to get a jumper in the mid-post area. That stop-jumper is deadly with guys like LeBron and Kobe (who seems to have signature step-throughs), but also CP3 and some of the faster guards who sometimes have trouble getting jumpers off inside -- it'll fake the defense out of their shoes because you normally can't stop and shoot that quickly.
GuCcI08

Postby Za man on Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:07 am

First of all thanks bro GuCcI08 for the instructions but here is the sutation now iam running towards the key area while holding the RT (sprint) button i tap the LT (post up) button then quickly tap the X (shoot) button to fake the defander in order to perform this kind of up-and-under move correct? but each time i try this my player is only preform a jumping pro-hop step can you please tell me what am i doig wrong. PLEASEEEEEEEEE :roll:
Za man

Postby GuCcI08 on Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:17 am

after u tap tha shoot button then u have to quickly move tha shot stick in any direction.
GuCcI08

Postby radzadam on Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:18 am

can someone make a tutorial on youtube about this move ? becuase i still don't know how to do it ? tutorial will be very helpful
radzadam

Postby nalcazar on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:24 am

yeah....a tutorial please
nalcazar

Postby defaced on Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:29 am

Hi all , Is there a Move list or just keyboard tutorial for PC just , or if just someone can give me the touch for B1 , b2 ect .... Thx a lot !
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
defaced

Re:

Postby ilias on Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:15 am

mr2ksports wrote:hold the post up button + pass :D

PDUB! Big thanks for answering my question now i can play the damn game with the moves

are sure?im trying so much to perform an alley-oop but when i throw the pass and the other player is in the air,he cant catch the ball!its getting so frustrating :evil:
i have tried with great players such as kobe,lebron and they cant catch the ball!!what am i doing wrong??
ilias

Re: Re:

Postby FiZzO on Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:46 am

ilias wrote:
mr2ksports wrote:hold the post up button + pass :D

PDUB! Big thanks for answering my question now i can play the damn game with the moves

are sure?im trying so much to perform an alley-oop but when i throw the pass and the other player is in the air,he cant catch the ball!its getting so frustrating :evil:
i have tried with great players such as kobe,lebron and they cant catch the ball!!what am i doing wrong??

You have to face the dunker when you're throwing the pass and he's got to have an open lane to the basket. It's the best to throw an alley-oop when your'e on a fastbreak. Also if you have never caught the ball maybe you have lowered the hands or the dunking ability in your sliders.
FiZzO

Postby Za man on Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:12 pm

I can see lots of you guys facing problems with the alley-oop thing here is the easiest way to execute an alley-opp suppose you will finish the dunk with KOBE give the ball to KOBE first then press (post up+sprint+pass) buttons aiming to the player you want to throw you the alley-opp pass aka FISHER as soon as you pass the ball to FISHER an icon will appear on KOBE which is the pass icon KOBE will make a cut toward the basket directly press (post up+Pass) aiming to KOBE 90% he will catch it and finish it with a style.Hope that will helps guys
Za man

Postby Leon43 on Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:14 pm

How i can release Put - Back dunk ?
Leon43

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K9 & Older