NBA 2k9 WILL be on PC

Talk about NBA 2K9 here, as well as all previous games in the NBA 2K series.

Postby Spotlight on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:12 pm

Well, great news for sure! I hope finnaly we will get a great bball game for pc, but there can be bugs, you know it's their first attempt to make a bball game for PC and it shouldn't be so easy. It looks like a experiment from 2k, I'm sure their priority still is xbox and ps3, so personaly I doesn't expect a perfect game from them. But deffinelty it's a great decision by 2ksports, can't wait for this game! (Y)
Spotlight

Postby benji on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:20 pm

Matthew wrote:Shadowrun allowed pc users to play xbox users, so it could, but likely won't.

Yes, but it wasn't Xbox Live. XBL is a connectivity package that is placed into all the software so it is standardized, and for the PC version they have to code their own connectivity package. (Or use GFW Live. Which is still quite different from Xbox Live.)
but there can be bugs, you know it's their first attempt to make a bball game for PC and it shouldn't be so easy

Ah, but it is. Which makes EA's decision to forego free money all the more questionable.
benji

Postby Erchamion on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:29 pm

I hope that the fact that 2K Sports is releasing a pcversion means that
EA Sports will revolutionize their series for the pc next year because they did almost nothing the last five years.
Last edited by Erchamion on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erchamion

Postby Matthew on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:32 pm

benji wrote:
Matthew wrote:Shadowrun allowed pc users to play xbox users, so it could, but likely won't.

Yes, but it wasn't Xbox Live. XBL is a connectivity package that is placed into all the software so it is standardized, and for the PC version they have to code their own connectivity package. (Or use GFW Live. Which is still quite different from Xbox Live.)

But pc users can still connect to people playing over xbox live.
Matthew

Postby benji on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:42 pm

Yeah, but I meant from the developers point of view, one of the things that wouldn't be included in "most features" would include the Xbox Live system as they don't have access to it.

Nothing to do with online play across platforms.
benji

Postby diddy on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:50 pm

i don't care of xbox live, i don't play online! tho flatout on pc has xbox live!
i would like to know what system requirements gonna be for that game! is 1gb of RAM and 384 mb Video gonna be enought?! if i would compare port of 2k9 with port of flatout, i'd say that it would run normally on medium settings!
only god can judge me
My graphic thread My Recent Blog Entry
Ricky Roma from Miami Heat forums wrote:" Celtic fans: We lead the league in age, fat aszes, O'neals, senior citizens, and acting! Don't mess with us, cause we got rondo!! YOU HEAR ME!! RONDO!!!!"

2pac wrote:through every dark night, there's a bright day after that, so no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
diddy
Miami Heat starting PG

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:52 pm

Matthew wrote:So theres no chance of making a 2k section of this site because you don't like isomotion?

No, I'm saying I'm not keen on abandoning NBA Live and making this into a 2K fansite because while I'm not saying 2K is a bad game, I'm not a fan of it and do not have any interest in running a 2K fansite. I also think it would be prudent to wait and see what can be done with NBA2K9 in terms of patches and such before we expand the downloads database and NBA2K forum section.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby N'JAN on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:05 pm

Wow :shock: :shock: !!!Fantastic newz!!!!I bought PS3 only for this game(of course now there are many great games on PS3 for me) and now it's coming on PC!!!
I hope that the game can be patched :) .
N'JAN

Postby benji on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:13 pm

Diddy wrote:i don't care of xbox live, i don't play online! tho flatout on pc has xbox live!

No, it doesn't. GFW Live != Xbox Live even though they use the same account.
if i would compare port of 2k9 with port of flatout, i'd say that it would run normally on medium settings!

It depends on how well 2K9 scales, but I'd say that yes, if you can play most 360 PC ports (of which many have demos to test) you will be able to play 2K9.
I'm saying I'm not keen on abandoning NBA Live and making this into a 2K fansite

I don't think anyone was advocating that, and Matthew certainly wasn't.
benji

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:17 pm

I know Matthew wasn't suggesting that, it seemed like Beatboxer was though which is why I stated my position on that. I apologise if I was mistaken.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Double LC] on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:36 pm

Minimum requirement of PC hardware?? :roll: :roll: :roll:
GOD is GOOD, All the Time !!!

[Facebook] [Double LC - Blog] [bbs.baballs.com]
[<<CLICK ME>>]
"Sorry My Sucks ENGLISH !!!"
[Double LC]

Postby diddy on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:39 pm

benji wrote:
Diddy wrote:i don't care of xbox live, i don't play online! tho flatout on pc has xbox live!

No, it doesn't. GFW Live != Xbox Live even though they use the same account.
if i would compare port of 2k9 with port of flatout, i'd say that it would run normally on medium settings!

It depends on how well 2K9 scales, but I'd say that yes, if you can play most 360 PC ports (of which many have demos to test) you will be able to play 2K9.

okay, thanks for sharing an opinion! i hope it'll be smooth!

Andrew wrote:This is the NBA Live Series Center, and it will remain that way.

tru, it should stay as it is, tho we don't know anything about 2k9 for pc, and what we could do with it, so there's no need in another site! and i'm sure live will be back in the '10!
only god can judge me
Ricky Roma from Miami Heat forums wrote:" Celtic fans: We lead the league in age, fat aszes, O'neals, senior citizens, and acting! Don't mess with us, cause we got rondo!! YOU HEAR ME!! RONDO!!!!"

2pac wrote:through every dark night, there's a bright day after that, so no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
diddy
Miami Heat starting PG

Postby The X on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:04 pm

whilst it doesn't effect me as I have no plans to do big upgrades to my 5 year old computer, nor am I going to buy a new one, this is great news for PC basketball gamers worldwide....even better, come 2009, PC gamers will have the choice that they have been waiting for since the start of this decade (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:23 pm

Diddy wrote:tru, it should stay as it is, tho we don't know anything about 2k9 for pc, and what we could do with it, so there's no need in another site! and i'm sure live will be back in the '10!

Well that's the thing, depending on what can be done with 2K9 we can look at our options for providing some content for it (or even just expanding this section of the Forum) but at the end of the day we're still going to be NBA Live orientated. We'll see what happens after the 21st rolls around.

The X wrote:whilst it doesn't effect me as I have no plans to do big upgrades to my 5 year old computer, nor am I going to buy a new one, this is great news for PC basketball gamers worldwide....even better, come 2009, PC gamers will have the choice that they have been waiting for since the start of this decade (Y)

It's excellent news for all concerned, providing another option on the PC and for people who do remain more interested in Live getting better, hopefully the competition will prove to be a good thing and demonstrate that there is still a market for a PC basketball game.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby manelg on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:24 pm

manelg

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:27 pm

I think it's been well and truly confirmed by now. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby diddy on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:28 pm

manelg, great find, thanks!
only god can judge me

diddy
Miami Heat starting PG

Postby Fizdale on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:29 pm

Damn good news, hopefully, this forces LIVE to port their 360 v too in NBA LIVE 10, Wait a go Take 2 (Y)
© Kbryant8 on His Greatness
Fizdale

Postby diddy on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:36 pm

but i forgot that ea bought 2k, so we can think that it's almost EA NBA live 2K9 :mrgreen:
only god can judge me

diddy
Miami Heat starting PG

Postby Meloforchampion on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:16 pm

Hey great news! :D
there will be a x-box 360 demo coming out on October 2nd
Does anyone know if it will come out for pc, too?
Melo for Champion...
Meloforchampion

Postby ericem on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:29 pm

I am very happy for the PC basketball fanatics who doesn't have a PS3 or an Xbox360! Its gonna be a great game I'm sure. I might get it for both PS3 and PC.
peace. out.
Ericem
ericem

Postby Coyroy on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:36 pm

Diddy wrote:but i forgot that ea bought 2k, so we can think that it's almost EA NBA live 2K9

This's a false statement.On 2008-02-24, competitor Electronic Arts launched a hostile takeover bid for Take-Two Interactive, worth around US$2 billion.The bid was extended on 2008-05-15, but expired for good on June 16. With NBA 2K8 being the best game in the history of 2K8, says Evan Conrad.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2k_sports
Coyroy

Postby diddy on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:45 pm

wow, thanks! i didn't know!
only god can judge me

diddy
Miami Heat starting PG

Postby mr2ksports on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:28 am

ps3. I think the pictures that were post here last month is a PC screens. Cause it's like on low-medium settings.
mr2ksports

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K9 & Older