Dexter

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Dexter

Postby [Q] on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:08 pm

SURPRISE, MOTHAFUCKA

pretty good season so far, lots of shit happening in every episode. not like that big cocktease walking dead show.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:38 pm

That ending was kind of depressing. They spend all season showing how Hannah is perfect for Dexter, then he just turns her in without any real proof that she tried to kill Deb. Plus the fact that she knows that he is a killer and has already testified against her past boyfriend to get immunity. Like she said, he should have just killed her.

And him knowing that LaGuerta was onto him but still trying to kill Estrada days after he was amazingly released was pretty stupid.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:16 pm

Anyone think Deb did it to herself to turn Dexter against Hannah?
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:12 pm

I got that feeling during the scene at the hospital. Wouldn't Deb have been going more nuts trying to convince Dexter that Hannah did it if she really thought that she had poisoned her. She was pretty calm during that scene (although she may have been on some meds after the crash)

Deb said to Dexter that she only took one pill. But haven't we seen her take like a mouthful every time she takes some?

And like Hannah said, if it had been her, Deb wouldn't have survived.

Can't wait for the finale to get some answers. Then 9 months of waiting again... aagghh.. :?
My Stories
Phil89

Postby [Q] on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:45 pm

didn't tihnk of that, but that would make sense. or i just figured that hannah really did do it. whatever the case, it was such a great episode, it got me saying what the fuck out loud when LaGuerta was closing in on the shipping container lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby buzzy on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:10 pm

I do believe it was Deb herself.

Part of why I'm liking this season is because they're going back to the theme of season 2, which is still my favorite, that is Dex trying not to get caught.
WHich I guess is the reason for killing off Isaac as early as they did, so they could focus on LaGuerta for the last few episodes.

Hoping the finale delivers.

Also love the "I'm fucked" look on Dexter when he found out he was set up by LaGuerta.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Its_asdf on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:56 pm

Phil89 wrote:
Oh and I re-watched the pilot last night and damn, I've noticed 2 things that I miss already. Doakes and the music throughout the episode. Recent seasons really have suffered from a lack of 'creep', 'psycho' or 'muthafucka' in each episode. :(

I've also noticed that the "facade" that Dexter puts up towards his coworkers and loved ones is emphasized a lot more and you can tell Dexter is trying a lot harder to be a "normal guy". One of the more dynamic aspects of Dexter that has slowly withered away imo.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Phil89 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:34 pm

:shock:

I kind of felt that Deb would shoot LaGuerta the longer that last scene went on, because even though it was against everything she stands for, Dexter is her only family and after everything they've been through together and all the times he's helped her, she kind of owed him this and she would never kill him.

Hopefully there is no Isaak/Trinity/ITK/Jordan Chase next season. They should just deal with the fallout of LaGuerta's death. How will they get away with it? Would they leave the bodies and make it look like they killed each other like Dexter planned? But Deb used her own gun so that wouldn't work.
Maybe Dexter just got rid of the bodies and makes sure that they can't be connected to him or Deb and hope that no one suspects them.
Or maybe they investigate the fact that Estrada called her just before she went missing and assume he killed her for setting him up.

I liked the retrospective Doakes scenes. Hopefully next season they use more of those kind of scenes instead of introducing new characters.That's another thing I miss from the early seasons when we were learning something new out about Dexter every episode.

Only 9 months to wait until next season. :cry:
My Stories
Phil89

Postby [Q] on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:26 pm

i expected laguerta to die, and the more i thought about it, i thought deb would kill her or be deeply involved somehow (like she was involved in covering up travis marshall's death)
interesting loose end/continuing storyline with hannah magically escaping like houdini. could definitely see her blackmailing dex & deb in the next (last?) season. thought she would get killed too, but i guess they're gonna save that for next season.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby buzzy on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:57 pm

jesus fuck
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby el badman on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:03 pm

Crazy ass finale indeed, can't wait for their last season.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:41 pm

LaGuerta was a bitch. She wanted Deb to shoot her own unarmed brother, not one thought of arresting him. I wonder who still take the job.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:16 pm

Why was she even awake during that scene anyway? I know she was only given a 'half dose' of M99, but that should have lasted longer than 5 minutes or however long it was before Deb showed up. Convenient writing probably.

Maybe Matthews will come back as captain for the last season. Deb is probably too young to take the job and given that she killed the person who had it previously, she probably wouldn't want it. With Mike and LaGuerta dead and Angel apparently retiring, Deb and Quinn are like the only homicide cops left in Miami. Maybe Ramos or Soderquist will get screen time now (whoever they are. was the guy who said 'look LaGuerta arrested Morgan' one of them? :wink:)
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:52 am

They will probably give it to the arson investigator. I think Angel will be offered the job since he was up for it before.

So, now that Deb has joined Dexter as a murderer, is it incest time next season? She kind of had her arm around his during the scene at the party.
Anyone think Matthews will be suspicious of the circumstances surrounding LaGuerta's death and end up as Deb and Dex's first team homicide?
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby buzzy on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:03 am

it's easy to see past the flaws/holes with such an exciting and thrilling finish to a season, but when you think about it, the drama was really forced the last couple of minutes.
Like Phil said, LaGuerta was literally only out for like 3-5 minutes. Debra could have arrested Dexter.
Or she could have just left and let Dex get his hands dirty. Which, admittedly, would have been very anticlimactic, but there were ways for her to not pull the trigger. But whatever, it was a suspenseful ending, you just can't really get too caught up with the logics behind it.

What I like and other people have pointed out, Dexter's dark passenger was born in the container, as was Debra's.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:12 pm

Only a week until season 8 starts (Y)
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Its_asdf on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:56 am

Pretty solid episode aside from a few soap opera-esque moments but that's to be expected from Dexter by now.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby [Q] on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:37 am

yeah i really didnt like the deb parts. she got really annoying. overall, the episode was pretty meh for me, but im sure they'll pick it up. theyre trying to set up the story for the season
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby jenz on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:52 am

The neurologist(?) is an interesting character, although they should have just built up the tension between her and Dexter towards the end of the episode. She seems a credible main antagonist for the season. Can't wait for the next episode.
jenz
Too cool for a custom title.

Postby [Q] on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:01 pm

yeah she even said to him that she doesnt fit the code
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:37 pm

What are the odds that Harry went to her for help when Dexter started showing signs of being "different"? I mean, if those drawings are real there is no way Harry would have kept them for someone like her to find if he was really trying to protect Dexter. He must have gone to her with them and she helped him create his code. How else would she know about it? Maybe she's back to check on how Dexter turned out.

Also, I didn't like the Deb quitting the police force storyline. How can she be an undercover bounty hunter after being a high ranking cop and local celebrity (ITK's girlfriend, stopping that gunman in the nightclub, etc.). Her face has been on TV several times. :facepalm2:
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Its_asdf on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:32 am

Yeah I agree the deb parts were pretty contrived I found. Her bumminess is understandable but I think they tried too hard.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby buzzy on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:54 am

Odds Dex is gonna bang the old lady?
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:18 am

Probably less now that she is acting like his mother.

I wonder if Dex and Vogel can save Deb before she implodes and takes them all down.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby el badman on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:31 am

I love the show but I can't say I've fully enjoyed the first two episodes so far. I don't know, the pacing seems odd, the writing feels like it's been rushed, the dialogs aren't all that great...I'm sure some big shocker will come soon (I hope so), but right now something seems off, especially with this lady who comes out of the blue and already knows everything about Dexter from what she learned 25 years ago...
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic