blocks

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

blocks

Postby BAYAG on Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:11 am

Hey everyone,

I just wanted some feedback for the amount of blocks during the game. When i set the sliders to even 0 blocks I feel there are way too many. I even tried setting blocks to 0 for each player with pretty much the same result. what annoys me the most is the amount of blocks in the paint, which i dont think is realistic.

While looking at the box scores of nba games played this past week i found that the average total blocks per both teams is about 10 per game. If you really watch the game you'll notice not every shot has a block attempt.

I found a workaround by inputting different anims into the block .act. The result is not every shot is contested. what do you guys think? You still want the ability to block every shot? Thanks to all 3 of you who play this game. :D (Y)
BAYAG
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

Re: blocks

Postby Freddie on Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:12 am

Are u sure? :) I have problems with free throws (sometimes not too much for my team or opponent) or if opponent team has good PG (overall and stamina) not substitue them even if they have good PG on the bench.

But! I played now one match and I have that box scores. My team was Boston. Off course I had matches with 10 or more blks per both teams. It happens.

But It's true. Too many blocks. In my roster only Biyombo has 98 rats in blk, Al Jefferson has 45 rating and 3 blks in this game.
Freddie

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:49 am

Sounds like a good solution. I say go for it. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby atlwarrior on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:05 am

Bayag you are about to go into a world of frustration. Nba live 08 is a game where you sometimes have to deal with some bugs. The blocks tie into the tight defense. If you mess with it then it will only make it easier for players to go right by each other (ex: PG Domination). Its more issues with 08 than any other pc live title. Some things you just have to learn to deal with lol. Nba live 07 and 06 does not have the block issue. Maybe you could somehow use all of 07s block animations in 08. If that does not work then...Idk. If a person were to ever to find a way to put sig shots and go to moves in 06 or 07 I'd ditch this game so fast.

Edit: Also to help get rid of the amt of blocks is to change the foul sliders. When you set the shooting foul slider to 100 the cpu will draw a foul on a jumpshot instead of you blocking the shot all the time.
atlwarrior

Postby Cpt(K) on Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:39 pm

The animations you have recently put to use in your latest upload appear to have a shorter window for which to block with. I've noticed a couple of them swing rather quickly, but almost always miss (maybe that's what you were aiming for).

The only time I've had an other-worldly amount of blocks would have to be in-game (non simulation - USUALLY), except the CPU is considerably better at blocking than I am (could just be my timing is off). atlwarrior, why oh why would you return to Live 07 under any circumstances . . . :lol:
Cpt(K)

Return to NBA Live 08