Start-Up player 1 on 1

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Start-Up player 1 on 1

Postby mervie16 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Guys do you know how to change the starting players in 1 on 1 mode? In the original game it's Lebron vs Duncan. If you don't know how to change it. Here's what you need to do to change it.

1. Make a back-up of your roster, in case anything go wrong
2. Open your roster file using DB commander.
3. Find the two players you want on the star-up of 1 on 1 mode.
4. Remember their playerid.
5. Now find the playerid 350 and 1121. They're the players start-up of 1 on 1 mode.
6. Swap the playerids of the two players you want to 350 and 1121.

example I want James Yap vs Paul Lee on the start up. Their playerids are 99 and 266. I will make james yap playerid to 350
and paul lee's id to 1121. Now there are two 350 and 1121 on the playerid. Make the original 350 into 99 and 1121 into 266.

7. After that, you will do the same at the appearance.dbf.

And you're done.
Francis Magalona
3 Stars and the Sun
mervie16

Re: Start-Up player 1 on 1

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:36 pm

You'll also need to make that change in career.dbf, otherwise the assignments will be incorrect...assuming of course, you're looking to retain accurate NBA rosters and care about the career stats.

As a side note, over the years I've discovered that the corresponding IDs in players.dbf and appearance.dbf don't really matter; it's just for reference, being able to easily find the correct player. In terms of the correct appearance data in appearance.dbf matching up with the appropriate player data in players.dbf, it's all about being on the same numbered row in both databases.

For example...the player on row 510 in players.dbf will use the appearance data on row 510 in appearance.dbf, regardless of whether or not the PLAYERID and APPEARID values match or not. However, it's a good idea to make sure that they do match, as it makes it a lot easier when hunting through appearance.dbf for the correct player.

That's why it's a good idea not to delete players from the database, and just assign them to Team 32 (the Retired Pool) if you want to remove them from the active roster. When the rows in player.dbf and appearance.dbf don't line up, that's when you get players with incorrect appearance data.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Start-Up player 1 on 1

Postby mervie16 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:50 pm

Andrew wrote:You'll also need to make that change in career.dbf, otherwise the assignments will be incorrect...assuming of course, you're looking to retain accurate NBA rosters and care about the career stats.

Oh, I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding it Sir (Y)

Andrew wrote:As a side note, over the years I've discovered that the corresponding IDs in players.dbf and appearance.dbf don't really matter; it's just for reference, being able to easily find the correct player. In terms of the correct appearance data in appearance.dbf matching up with the appropriate player data in players.dbf, it's all about being on the same numbered row in both databases.

For example...the player on row 510 in players.dbf will use the appearance data on row 510 in appearance.dbf, regardless of whether or not the PLAYERID and APPEARID values match or not. However, it's a good idea to make sure that they do match, as it makes it a lot easier when hunting through appearance.dbf for the correct player.

That's why it's a good idea not to delete players from the database, and just assign them to Team 32 (the Retired Pool) if you want to remove them from the active roster. When the rows in player.dbf and appearance.dbf don't line up, that's when you get players with incorrect appearance data.

Yeah I've noticed it too sir. Thanks for replying :D
Francis Magalona
3 Stars and the Sun
mervie16

Return to NBA Live 08