Nba Live 08 PS2 savegame needs calculate checksum to unlock jordan and more

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Nba Live 08 PS2 savegame needs calculate checksum to unlock jordan and more

Postby uberos on Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:34 am

Hi everybody!

I love retro games and my favorite sport game is NBA LIVE 08. A few days ago i was playing NBA LIVE 08 on my old Playstation 2 and saved rosters to memory card and extract this to my PC.

Editing savegame with winhex i saw that Jordan, pippen, rodman, kerr, laimbeer, dumars, bird, johnson, etc.. were in savegame.

I changed Jordan to chicago bulls roster but didn't work. I've noticed that if i change only one digit savegame don't work.

I like experimenting about this and comprobe that eight hex digits are changing when i replace something in game and save a savegame.

I think that this code is the checksum but i don't know how calculate it.

I've seen that administratos JaoSming in this post viewtopic.php?f=138&t=81502 can calculate checksum for nba like 2011 savegame but his program don't work for nba live 08 PS2 savegame. :(

I'm fan of this game and i think that if anybody knows calculate checksum for this savegame i could to do a retro game based in NBA LIVE 08 for PS2 players. It's a Challenge!! (Y)

Thanks everbody and any help is welcome!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uberos

Re: Nba Live 08 PS2 savegame needs calculate checksum to unlock jordan and more

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:38 am

The PC version is much easier to edit, so we've known about this since NBA Live 08 came out. ;)

Although those players are in the database, there aren't any art assets or complete team data for them. That isn't an issue with the PC version since we can create custom art and edit the files really easily, but the PS2 version doesn't have that flexibility.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby uberos on Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:01 pm

Yes, I've played pc version too and i know that database is more flexible that PS2 version. i've played patchs for pc version: retro nba, fiba, etc...

I've no problem with art assets, players are there and my challenge is modify PS2 version.

Just one step to get it, calculate checksum to PS2 savegame file.
uberos

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:46 pm

Fair enough. I'm only familiar with editing the PC version, as are most people around these parts, but hopefully someone can offer some assistance.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby uberos on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:05 pm

Ok, thanks Andrew. Maybe JaoSming can help. i've seen he knows how calculate checksum to other files.
uberos

Postby JaoSming on Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:25 pm

it doesnt mean I can help with this though, I dont know what kind of checksum this is and there is no ps2-specific checksum to look for and edit

please do not PM me a question and post it in the forums too.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby uberos on Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:30 am

I've attached savegame in firts post. I'm testing with file changing checksum to zeros and calculating crc32 and crc64, maybe it be a variation of crc32.

If discover something i share with you, thanks.
uberos

Postby uberos on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:33 am

Hello friends!

I've got inserting jordan, kerr, and others players in database PS2 version using winhex. Now the problem is that face, skin color and other data are not defined, Andrew told me yet about this.

I haven't calculate checksum but I've able to extract database files from XDB.VIV using bigGUI.exe which it's in folder database --> ORIGDB.
xdbplyr0.dbc PS2 file corresponds to players.dbf file PC version.

Database files from ps2 seems to be encripted because i've opened players.dbf with DBF Viewer 2000 but this program can't open dbc files.

I think that dbc files are the same that dbf files but encripted. if anybody knows how open them it would be interesting to progress and make a nba live 08 mod for ps2 players.

Attach file for test and find any idea...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uberos

Return to NBA Live 08