Fictional Rosters

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Fictional Rosters

Postby Cpt(K) on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:24 pm

Description Edited

Hey, I've not been around as much as I'd like with Finals approaching among other annoyances. I had taken some time out to edit some rosters of mine and figured I'd share them. The idea came to mind reading one of Andrew's posts regarding a game that I think was called International Basketball 2009 (?).

This release for what I've had of it is standalone, it was started with the base game and slowly tacked on more content (I mean, new and larger .dbf files like players, teams, teaminfo, and teamgear corresponding with all the stuff in my sgsm folder). Ultimately I'd like to have a larger mod consisting of entirely fictional teams with fictional rosters (A fictional league, but not anime-style like Slamdunk).

In these rosters, I have made all of any remaining real players unusable. I couldn't figure out why players weren't getting deleted when I changed their .dbf value so I dropped their ratings significantly, I did not go into edit player individually for each player- so most of their overalls are still inaccurate. Moved them to retired pool.

I have some work ahead of me to complete this, I'm starting off small for now. I will work on assigning players to every all-star week team (the 3rd roster file already has both East and West fully assigned, but not the other 2), then hopefully begin removing some teams that are not necessary (90s allstars, Adidas, Reebok, etc) and perhaps changing their names and team art to something fictional.

These releases are still unfinished and will have some bugs no doubt. So if anyone is interested in testing, or fiddling around with them please provide some feedback. Either in this thread or by personal message. :bowdown2:

Link to version 0.20 (4 of 25 rosters) Cpt(K)'s Fictional Rosters

What's done:
4 complete rosters featuring fictional players on active teams.
All 4 rosters with all-star teams (East and West) have complete fictional players assigned.
Fixed a wrongly assigned all-star player, from Eastern team to Western team - 3rd roster
Assigned Players to the Rookie and Sophmore teams in the - 3rd roster
Age fix for the first fictional roster (fewest players) - will be uploaded soon.

What's next:
Assigning the next all-star weekend teams, which are 3 rookie/sophmore teams with select fictional players - rinse and repeat with other rosters
Applying an age-fix so players aren't 12 years old when entering dynasty mode. The first four rosters have the age-fix applied.

Wishful yet hopeful thinking:
Modifying each roster's base statistics for the 2006/2007 column to reflect the actual stats acquired during dynasty or season mode
Removal or replacement of unnecessary teams, may include some custom art
Developing creative logos and other art (such as jerseys and courts) for all league teams, after replacing the real teams
Somehow fix the crash on start of dynasty mode (encountered in these first 3 rosters) - Done
Last edited by Cpt(K) on Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:33 am, edited 6 times in total.
Cpt(K)

Re: Fictional Rosters

Postby Cpt(K) on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:46 am

I've been absent for a while, some problems came up in this wonderful game called life I've been playing. Also, the game somehow reset some of my rosters to a earlier date, and I could not restore them so I essentially had to start over.Well, I have managed to fix the crash on the start of Dynasty mode though I'm not sure how. I am not sure what will happen after 1 year of the dynasty, I only observed the very start after staff assignment.

I moved all real players to retirement, and assigned players in all 3 rosters to east and west all-star teams. Decided by a simulated season I had from earlier for each roster. There are at least 1 roster that I forgot to assign rookie and soph players to. I may start working on some separate art, jerseys are another thing I've yet to learn. I will look forward to examining those tutorials that are up. Oh, and I need to fix the player's ages when starting a new dynasty. Done

Edit: Now to check for any other missing assignments in teams rosters positions, then perhaps, I will start on removing and/or renaming teams. Hopefully, I'll learn to create logos and apply those to the game. Replacing all 30 nba teams, and the all-star teams.
Cpt(K)

Re: Fictional Rosters

Postby Cpt(K) on Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:37 am

The OP has been updated to reflect most of the changes. Progress has been rather slow, and I'm not all too sure how much I'll have finished by the week's end. Sorry for the sloppy post(s), I'm inept with organization.
Cpt(K)

Return to NBA Live 08