NBA Live 08 Sliders Thread (All Sliders Discussions Here)

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Postby Binhpac on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:40 am

Does game speed only affect the regular running speed of the players or also the release of their shots?

I figured out that the time the players need for shoot release in nba live is way too long in comparison with real life shots, so do i have to adjust the quickness of the players or does raising game speed helps here?
Binhpac

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:44 am

Raising the game speed should result in faster animations all around, I'd say it's more noticeable when it comes to players running end-to-end or moving from Point A to Point B in the halfcourt.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

still unrealistic?

Postby variellone on Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:58 pm

dears, just joined.....from Italy!
I tried SAATANUS [Let me thank him!!!!] Slidebars yesterday
12 minutes / Superstar
LA Clippers (CPU) - Chicago Bulls (User) 125 - 135
Good playing experience..... BUT:
(1) still too many points on the scoreboard (at least it seems to me 135 is too much...)
(2) for the Clippers (CPU)... I got ELTON BRAND with more than 70 POINTS!!!!!!!!!!! which sounds not realistic!!!!!

I got a plain (out of the box-no patch) game + Saatanus Slidebars taken from the forum....

Is there anybody who can help me with suggestion to get to realistic score results, aligned with the ones of the simulations?
Please refer to 12 minutes per quarter playtime!
T H A N K S !!!!
variellone

Postby rustyduck on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:46 pm

i was wondering...could these sliders be used in the psp version of the game? (especially saatanus' one...cause its the best one so far XD)

thanks
rustyduck

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:33 am

Most likely.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Lagkit on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:27 pm

anyone wants to try my sliders

superstar
12mins slliders
fatigue effect for me is normal, u can try to use low its up to you

Global Sliders

Game Speed 38
Free Throw Difficulty 100
Boundary Force Field 100
Injury Frequency 25
Charge/Block Foul Freq 59
Shooting Foul Freq 69
Reach-in Foul Freq 14
In-air collision foul 69

User Sliders

User Steal Ability 13
User Intercept Ability 3
USer Shot Block Ability 66
User Dunk/lay-up Block 65
User Freestyle Effect 60
User Dunk vs Lay-up freq 15
User Subs Freq 59
User on-ball defense assist 100
User Off Rebound 2
User Defensive Rebound 91
User Fakeout Discipline 100
User Short Range Shooting 29
User Medium Range Shooting 49
User Long Range Shooting 60
User Dunk Percentage 18
User Lay-up Percentage 13
User Adjust Shot Percentage 13
User On-ball physical defense 50
User Poor release shot percent 13
User Double-team effective 100
User pro-hop effectiveness 39
User drop-step effectiveness 39

CPU Sliders

CPU Steal Ability 14
CPU Intercept Ability 4
CPU Shot Block Ability 71
CPU Dunk/lay-up Block 70
CPU Freestyle Effect 60
CPU Dunk Frequency 14
CPU Subs Freq 69
CPU Offensive Rebound 3
CPU Defensive Rebound 90
CPU Fakeout Discipline 100
CPU Short Range Shooting 24
CPU Medium Range Shooting 39
CPU Long Range Shooting 34
CPU Dunk Percentage 19
CPU Lay-up Percentage 14
CPU Adjust Shot Percentage 14
CPU Adjust Shot Frequency 29
CPU On-ball physical defense 100
CPU Poor release shot percent 14
CPU Double-team effective 100
CPU pro-hop effectiveness 43
CPU drop-step effectiveness 43
Lagkit

Sliders

Postby awjn33 on Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:56 pm

So i am trying to change sliders, but people use numbers for their sliders and my NBA live 08 for xbox 360 has no values, just the bar. When you guys say like 20,50,70, etc... do you mean like 20% of the bar?
awjn33

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:06 pm

Those numbers correspond to the values used in the PC and PS2 version of the game. Custom sliders for the 360 and PS3 are usually represented by the number of "notches" left or right from the default value (ie how many times you press left or right).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Alley-Oop Sliders

Postby tee-pane on Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:13 am

I often use the alley-oop control when I'm on fastbreak but it misses 80% of the time even when my dunker is wide open. Is there a slider that could improve the user's rating for a more sucessful and effective alley-oop?
tee-pane

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:40 am

There's no alley-oop slider but I would recommend a high setting for the User Dunk Percentage slider.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby vins20 on Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:06 am

i play at all star 10 mins any slider to recomend thanks...coz eveyrtime i play i ended up doping 150 points+ ehehe
vins20

Postby ps3owner on Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:54 am

damn im having a hard time adjusting the sliders on my ps3 because they don't have the corresponding numbers to go with the sliders. what you see there is just a bar that you adjust.
ps3owner

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:43 am

Xbox 360 and PS3 specific sliders should specify how many "notches" left or right you need to move of the default, centred setting. Any settings that specify a number like 87 or 43 are for the PC/PS2 version.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby sgroov90 on Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:02 am

Andrew, if I may ask, what sliders do you use? Like you, my goal of using roster updates and slider settings is to achieve a game that feels as close to a genuine NBA game as it possibly can. So, when you play Live 08, what settings do you prefer?
sgroov90

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:58 am

I don't use any, I don't play NBA Live 08 PC.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Kurisu on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:33 pm

Andrew wrote:I don't use any, I don't play NBA Live 08 PC.

If so, what game do you play?
Kurisu

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:18 pm

NBA Live 06 PC mostly, though I did like NBA Live 08 for the Xbox 360.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Giannaros on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:10 pm

Here are my sliders for those who find NBA Live very easy and annoying...

Global Sliders

Game Speed 35
Free Throw Dif. 70
Boundary Force 50
Injury Frequency 15
Charge/Block Foul 60
Shooting Foul 80
Reach-in Foul 15
In-air Collision Foul 75

User Sliders

Steal 0
Interception 0
Shot Block 50
Dunk/Lay-up Block 50
Freestyle Eff. 60
Dunk vs. Lay-up 28
On-ball Defense 100
Offensive Reb. 10
Defensive Reb. 85
Fakeout 85
Short Range 45
Medium Range 55
Long Range 65
Dunk % 60
Lay-up % 48
Adjusted Shot % 45
On-ball Physical 50
Poor Release Shot % 45
Double-team Eff. 75
Pro-Hop Eff. 45
Drop Step Eff. 45

CPU Sliders

Steal 100
Interception 100
Shot Block 100
Dunk/Lay-up Block 100
Freestyle Eff. 60
Dunk Freq. 40
Substitution 50
Offensive Reb. 20
Defensive Reb. 90
Fakeout 75
Short Range 50
Medium Range 45
Long Range 40
Dunk % 40
Lay-up % 50
Adjusted Shot % 35
Adjusted Shot Freq. 20
On-ball Physical 100
Poor Release Shot % 28
Double-team Eff. 100
Pro-Hop Eff. 55
Drop Step Eff. 50

Notes:

I use Nigu's 6.81 AI patch (The best IMO)

My sliders are quite similar to Lagoa's. I haven't tested his though to say if mine are easier or harder...

Any suggestions and/or comments will be much appreciated! :wink:
Giannaros

Postby GuCcI08 on Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:53 am

question. do u also set both team every starters to high? and thanx fo posting ur sliders :D and which 6.81 aiact do u preferred? there's 3 types. i used the gimmicky control by key of pass action so that u can hold the pass button to do fancy and tap to pass regular. not sure if theres a lob pass. are ur sliders good for user vs user? tired of hearin my friends,cuzzin whining :lol: we might gonna have to adjust sliders cuz nigu ai 6.9 n 7.0 will strengthen defense. can't wait fo release! i played wit lagoa's slider and im shure its harder cuz user layup % is set to 0 which i dont like very annoying to miss alotta layups. when u shoot free throws do u use analog stick or press shoot button. analog stick is hard fo me and i dont think i will ever be good at it :evil: im askin alotta questions but plz answer all of it xD.

edit (lyke 5th time xD): i won by 5 points it was really a fun game thanx again fo postin tha sliders again. cpu interception and shot block needs to lower. this way stats can be realistic. i suggest usin nigu's sliders for realistic stats and to play a real basketball game.
GuCcI08

Postby Giannaros on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:27 am

GuCcI08 wrote:question. do u also set both team every starters to high? and thanx fo posting ur sliders :D and which 6.81 aiact do u preferred? there's 3 types. i used the gimmicky control by key of pass action so that u can hold the pass button to do fancy and tap to pass regular. not sure if theres a lob pass. are ur sliders good for user vs user? tired of hearin my friends,cuzzin whining :lol: we might gonna have to adjust sliders cuz nigu ai 6.9 n 7.0 will strengthen defense. can't wait fo release! i played wit lagoa's slider and im shure its harder cuz user layup % is set to 0 which i dont like very annoying to miss alotta layups. when u shoot free throws do u use analog stick or press shoot button. analog stick is hard fo me and i dont think i will ever be good at it :evil: im askin alotta questions but plz answer all of it xD.

edit (lyke 5th time xD): i won by 5 points it was really a fun game thanx again fo postin tha sliders again. cpu interception and shot block needs to lower. this way stats can be realistic. i suggest usin nigu's sliders for realistic stats and to play a real basketball game.

no, i don't set the starters defense to high because it's very annoying to do that in every game... i use the same 6.81 AI as u (haven't tried the others though). these sliders are not really good for user vs. user games... about the free throws... i don't really know, i only press shoot button, but in the past i used analog stick and i think i had better percentage... my nash only missed 3 free throws last season, and now he has lost already 6 (in 7 games, 76%)! i've set cpu's interception so high because my players steal A LOT (really don't why :p) and i want to balance things... certainly my sliders aren't that realistic, but i'm forced to use them in order to make the game harder... hopefully cpu's defense will really improve on nigu's next update, so i can modify my sliders a little bit. thanks for ur interest in my sliders!
Giannaros

Postby iounasas on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:03 am

Giannaros wrote:
GuCcI08 wrote:question. do u also set both team every starters to high? and thanx fo posting ur sliders :D and which 6.81 aiact do u preferred? there's 3 types. i used the gimmicky control by key of pass action so that u can hold the pass button to do fancy and tap to pass regular. not sure if theres a lob pass. are ur sliders good for user vs user? tired of hearin my friends,cuzzin whining :lol: we might gonna have to adjust sliders cuz nigu ai 6.9 n 7.0 will strengthen defense. can't wait fo release! i played wit lagoa's slider and im shure its harder cuz user layup % is set to 0 which i dont like very annoying to miss alotta layups. when u shoot free throws do u use analog stick or press shoot button. analog stick is hard fo me and i dont think i will ever be good at it :evil: im askin alotta questions but plz answer all of it xD.

no, i don't set the starters defense to high because it's very annoying to do that in every game... i use the same 6.81 AI as u (haven't tried the others though). these sliders are not really good for user vs. user games... about the free throws... i don't really know, i only press shoot button, but in the past i used analog stick and i think i had better percentage... my nash only missed 3 free throws last season, and now he has lost already 6 (in 7 games, 76%)! i've set cpu's interception so high because my players steal A LOT (really don't why :p) and i want to balance things... certainly my sliders aren't that realistic, but i'm forced to use them in order to make the game harder... hopefully cpu's defense will really improve on nigu's next update, so i can modify my sliders a little bit. thanks for ur interest in my sliders!

I dont know how can you people play this game..It cant be fixed so I gave up..
Try Giannaros sliders, nigu patch, set pressure to high and anything else you can think of...then sign Boykins from free agents, smallest player I know (Height: 5-5)..play against phoenix and give boykins the ball..use only your movement keys to get him behind the basket(you dont really need to dribble or sprint), press layup button and watch him put amare and shaq to shame..
You can do this every single time..sometimes just holding "up" will get you to the hoop..You can practically play 08 with 2 keys "up" and "layup".
You will score at least 90% and lets say cpu scores 60% while your not doing anything..when cpu misses press 'up' and 'layup' when under the basket. I have done it.

EA I want my money back!
Im playing 06 now
iounasas

Postby mcwebs on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:01 pm

hi there, can someone please give the best PC sliders for realistic stats and gameplay for a 12 minute quarter and CPU vs. CPU game for NBA LIVE 08/09 PC.. i like watching them play on their own and i am making a season right now. thanks!
mcwebs

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:17 pm

Have you tried any of the slider suggestions already posted?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

NBA Live Sliders: Explaination of each Slider

Postby Liveguy7 on Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:17 am

NBA Live Sliders: Explaination of each Slider

Level: Highest (Recommended Level: The highest level allows the computer to stay smart, but the adjustments are below to keep them from cheating.)
Quarter Length: 8 minutes
Half Length: 16 minutes

GLOBAL SLIDERS

Game Speed: 50 (Game runs just right with this rating)
Free Throw Difficulty: 50
Boundary Force Field: 75
Injury Frequency: 10
Fatigue Effect: 50 (Creates good substitution frequency)
Momentum Effectiveness: 50 (Visiting team affected by home crowd)
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 50
Shooting Foul Frequency: 50 (Able to get to the free-throw line a fair amount of the time)
Reach-in Foul Frequency: 50
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 100 (Makes for those nice, open jump shots with much less over-the-top blocking)

CPU/USER SLIDERS

Steal Ability: 25
Interception Ability: 0 (Can't hardly pass the ball on this game's engine without congestion; setting 0 here eliminates this congestion)
Shot Block Ability: 0 (This engine is prone to too much shot blocking)
Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 0 (Improves flow of the game)
Freestyle Effectiveness: 0 (This is not streetball; if it was, rating would be over 90)
Dunk Frequency: 25 (The game is not the slam-dunk contest; the NBA is conservative basketball most of the time)
Substitution Frequency: 50
Offensive Rebounding: 0 (Alleviates problem with players not getting enough defensive rebounds)
Defensive Rebounding: 100 (Alleviates problem with players not getting enough defensive rebounds)
Fakeout Discipline: 95
Short Range Shooting: 75 (Nice scoring consistency for easy baskets)
Medium Range Shooting: 65 (Eliminates consistently missing open jump shots)
Long Range Shooting: 55
Dunk Percentage: 75 (Improves flow of the game)
Lay-up Percentage: 75 (Improves flow of the game)
Defensive Pressure: 0 (Defensive ability should be dependent upon each individual player)
Adjusted Shot Percentage: 50
Poor Release Shot Percentage: 50
Double-team Effectiveness: 50
Pro Hop Effectiveness: 50
Drop Step Effectiveness: 50

Get my Book at Barnes&Noble: CLICK LINK
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Exposi ... custreview
Liveguy7

Postby mcwebs on Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:24 pm

yes, but it seem the FGA/FGM are unrealistic.. both teams have about 117 FGA/game and 45-50 FGM/game.. but most of the game performance are okay only the FGA/FGM are the problem.. also they are not using alley-oops even though there is an open man near the basket.. what slider should i adjust to make them do alley ops?
mcwebs

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 08