The GoTo Moves thread (all versions)

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Postby agentkaos on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:16 am

I dont think the PC version of Live 08 have Own the Paint, Quickstrike Ballhandling or HotSpots, atleast not the proper Hotspots.
In the PC, you cannot bring up HotSpots in-games, only from the menu and that stinks.
Quickstrike, if it is even here in the PC, is implemented poorly and my players are actually a little sluggish and several times refuse to backdown/dribble even while pressing the appropriate buttons. Own the Paint is simply non-existent. As usual, PC gamers have been short-changed. :?
agentkaos

Postby JaoSming on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:18 am

agentkaos wrote:In the PC, you cannot bring up HotSpots in-games, only from the menu and that stinks.

Goto the controller config screen, find out what you have to press for the "crossover" button and then just hold it in game for a second to bring up hotspots.
JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby BiGrEd819 on Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:27 am

although quickstrike and own the paint is not included in the pc version this year they changed just a lil bit of the crossover animation. if the player wish to cross the ball from left to right, hesitate and dash, or whatever u may wana do with whatever the crossover button lets u to do, the player could quickly change the animation of the crossover. hm iono if this make any sense but in other words, in previous games the crossover command would have the player do a whole animation of a crossover before the player could move on to another crossover command. as for own the paint, they brought back the back-down button and the pro-hop, pivot button. all of these features may not even come close to what's available in consoles but they are much more applicable and sophisticated than ever before.
BiGrEd819

Postby Mars2pac on Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:15 am

You have hotspots on the pc version.
Mars2pac

Postby Za man on Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:59 am

Hey. i noticed something in the game while i was playing a game between the spurs and the caveliers when i do the tony park tear drop shoot which is his go to move it shows in relpy in slow motion so i guess that when u do a go to move the reply will be in slow motion also i managed to use the glass in tim duncan go to move but that was once only and i can't make again. bottom line go to moves reply in slow motion hope this helps
We are the football Champions the winners of the African Cup of Nations 6 times last 2 on a roll.
Za man

Postby BiGrEd819 on Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:24 am

not really. there are many times when i do a normal dunk they show slow replay. or sometimes i do a go to move they dont show any replay at all. i think fantastic shots in general are played in slow mo replay randomly.
BiGrEd819

Postby fliplaurel on Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:30 am

For Wade's signature stepback fadeway move try this.

1. Run towards the basket then,
2. Quickly pull the left analog stick down and press shot button (not lay-up/dunk button)
* this move will trigger his sig move
* you could do this anytime within the game.

Don't know if he has any other sig move but this one looks particularly cool! :lol: More so if he makes it, a replay of the move and commentary would follow.

Other are fss moves of 07.

Hope this helps! Peace! :D
Last edited by fliplaurel on Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fliplaurel

Postby fliplaurel on Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:34 am

agentkaos wrote:

In the PC, you cannot bring up HotSpots in-games, only from the menu and that stinks.

Goto the controller config screen, find out what you have to press for the "crossover" button and then just hold it in game for a second to bring up hotspots.

For keyboard users, you could access the hotspots within the game by pressing the control key. :)
"you miss 100 percent of the shots you do not take."
fliplaurel

Postby sarkis on Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:38 am

plz can anybody tell me how to make go-to moves in pc with keyboard!!!!???
sarkis

Postby Za man on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:01 am

Sarkis the go to moves in pc is no diffrent then the ps2 dependig on the player go to move it self if the player is a good low post player like shaq or duncan so try to backdown then fade away from the basket with a shot if the player is a shooter try fade away or backdown from his hot spot areas on the floor. to backdown use the backdown button to fade away use the back arrow in the directions arrows while u shooting the ball. hope this will help u :lol:
We are the football Champions the winners of the African Cup of Nations 6 times last 2 on a roll.
Za man

Postby Za man on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:13 am

A very nice found fliplaurel i give it a try and it worked like a charm please any one knows any more ways to perform the GTM's share it with us. that really will make the game worth playing it.
I still don't know why the hell EA is not posting a guide for how to perform the GTM for the PC version (N)
Za man

Postby Jer0m3 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:04 pm

Hi guys, I just wan't to ask how to perform Yao Ming, Michael Redd, Baron Davis and Jermaine O'neal's GTM?
Jer0m3

Postby Sportsgamer on Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:22 am

HAHAHA
I just wanted to install Jaos aiact and I found (i think so) all go to moves animations its in your Live\anim\body folder just look there arent 150 go to moves just 73 files 2 files for each gtm i think
Try to rename them now and see what happens^^
Sportsgamer

Postby Za man on Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:44 am

Can some one of u guys who have the 360 version please post us how to perform the GTM with the controller coz i found that there is no diffrent on how to perform the GTM between the PC version and the 360 version the diffrent only on how many player can perform the GTM in the 360 in compare to the PC version for example 1-Wade can perform his step back jumper by suddnley will running with the ball pull the left analog stick down with the shot botton pressed
2- Areans can perform his side step jumper by pulling the left analog stick back in 45 degree with the shot botton pressed just like the 360 version so thats why i asked u guys with the 360 version to help us with the rest of the GTM thanks in advance (Y)
Za man

Postby agentkaos on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:25 am

thanks to all who helped with the GTMs. I'm using a Cordless RumblePad 2, but as usual (is there no end to EA's incompetence?) my default controller config was something different. I have now mapped the Crossover button (useless for consoles and PC-gamepad users because we have the right analog stick) to Hotspots. I don't understand that! WE don't NEED the crossover button, so when it detects a dual analog gamepad, why not separate the buttons and make better use of the remaining button. Dammit EA, do we have to spoon feed you COMMON SENSE! PAH!!
agentkaos

Postby jessiesanjose on Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:50 pm

wat is the meaning of the differnt colors of the hot-spots?
i think it has blue, red, and transparent. what are that for?
need help to people
jessiesanjose

Postby Za man on Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:53 am

The red is the hot spot areas the blue is the cold spot areas the transparent is dead areas. meaning shot the ball from the red areas on the floor
Za man

Postby Reimu on Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:48 pm

can some1 tell me how i can do GTM-s in pc... plz send answer to my mailbox :) Thanks!
Reimu

Postby Binhpac on Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:59 pm

Do you guys also think that the GTM are inefficient. Why should i perform a contested (fadeaway) Goto Move, when you have plenty oportunities ingame to get wideopenshots from your best shooters or go directly under the rim.

The GTM are just some slobby show feature but honestly i dont feel that they are efficient for gameplay.
Binhpac

Postby Henrik11 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:02 pm

I have 2 questions:

Do the pc version has GTM??

I asked because everytime I try to make a fadeaway, my players make superstar moves, like the ones in nba live 07?? Can I change anything in the DBF file to change this?? I haven't been able to make any GTM.

Help please,
Thanks!
Henrik11

Postby fangman on Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:17 pm

In the pc version for most of the guys with fadeaway gtm eg kobe lebron wade gil u just have to be tightly guarded and then fade. only exception is tmac i think u have to be backing down and then fade for tmac's gtm.
I have the pc version and the only guys with sig jumpshots are: kg, ray allen, brand, marion, dirk, durant, VC. Are there supposed to be more players with sig jumpshots? and with gtm i can only do: bosh, brand, gil, tmac, nash, cp3, parker, vc, bron, wade, dirk, kobe, iverson. can anyone tell me if there are others and how to do them please?
fangman

Postby deihatein on Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:52 pm

I think there are still a go-to move that dwayne wade and gilbert can do. The step back jumper i think. You have to drive then press down then they will do the step back jumper.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby mike879 on Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:23 pm

yup. correct. or while backing down, press down then layup button.

with nash and iverson, while driving, press shoot button.
mike879

toinks...

Postby koolkhatz on Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:16 pm

i just played my NBA08 and happened to use those go to moves of some players....

1 thing i hate about it is that Kobe Bryant's GTM which is a fade away sucks...
it don't looks like he is the one doing that
-aside from that it is so easy to be blocked amf!!! :x
koolkhatz

Postby GuCcI08 on Thu May 22, 2008 11:01 am

The following players' goto moves require you do lean towards the basket with a shot.

Allen Iverson
Steve Nash
Chris Paul

can u be more specific? do u press the dunk/layup button or tha shoot button? is this a floater shot? do u run toward tha basket, stop and shoot? i did tha backdown and shoot by chris paul but thats not a floater.
GuCcI08

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 08