things ea needs to include in live 08

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:29 pm

Num33Baller wrote:Yeah, it is a small detail... but I know i spent a lot of time just looking at the stats of the players.

Absolutely. As I said, it's a small detail that I'd really like to see again too. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby 617KiD on Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:24 am

I would like to see nba live add 10 day contracts, and a d-leauge, but it wouldn't even have to be all detailed, they could just make it like rookie scouting, i think that would be a great feature
Houston Rockets...gotta have faith!
617KiD

Postby bosiydid6 on Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:02 pm

Some has said that this engine has only scratched the surface, how do you guys figure. I have never read anything to that effect and I follow this series pretty closelly. Also, I would like for NBALive to TURN UP THE LIGHTS. Look at those videos.....PITCH DARK!
bosiydid6

Postby ukrainik on Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:39 am

Besides all the technical and in-gameplay issues there are tons of underdeveloped game depth areas, for example:

1) So there is such a thing as EA Shop where player can purchase absolutely useless shoes, wallpapers and such with hard earned points :) . And let's be honest here the only purpose of wallpaper is to sit back and say: Geez, this picture og KG is great, I think he looks really cute from this angle..." :wink: If EA put 200+ shoes to choose from it might be a good idea to make them mildly functional.

And it doesn't have to be much +2 Passing for C-Billups; +1 Dunking +1 Jump For Garnett's Bounce etc. I think anyone who ever player Basketball would agree that shoes DO matter otherwise NBA would be endorsed by Caterpillars as well as adidas and nike.

P.S. So a player on your team (let's say Nash) won the 3-point competition and was selected as a Finals MVP, shouldn't he get some kind of shoe contract?! Just a thought
:roll:

2) Player creation is yet another unexplored territory. I dunno 'bout you guys but I think creating a self-clone with 99 everything is pretty lame I like to start with 75-79 overall rating and work my player up the ladder until he owns everyone on the court.
Why not make it fun like they did in 2K with mini games that will not only teach you how to dunk, shoot, dribble, pass but also will give you points to invest into your attributes.

3)Same goes for training sessions in Dynasty mode. Let's say I don't want to waste training camps time on aging Dampier I would much rather see younger Diop reach his peak faster but the "wise" trainer gen raises Dampier's stats by +5 and Diop got nothing!? I want complete control over my team.

It is amazing for me to think that development team that came up with X-factor and player CHEM left such huge gaps in gaming experience. :o
ukrainik

Postby T-MAC#1 on Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:45 am

I would actually like to see the kickball violation in Live 08
T-MAC#1

Previous

Return to NBA Live 08