things ea needs to include in live 08

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

things ea needs to include in live 08

Postby Jophantom45 on Thu May 10, 2007 9:22 am

Sure EA as said that they will get back to the fundamentals of basketball with nba live 08,and that is a great thing to hear seeing how live 07 was truly a disappointment, but ontop of all that there are still some little things ea needs to add to the next gen version of the game including; a deeper dynasty mode, better camera angles(center court), more attention on the primacy ratings so the scores of games are more realistic, throwback jerseys, and i would love to see the nba store in this installment.
Jophantom45

Postby Bateman111 on Thu May 10, 2007 9:30 am

For me EA needs to do these things: Fix animation & player speed glitches, Redo all dunking and lay-up animations(add more basic ones), add post moves, work on footplanting system, take out or do something with FSS, add realistic freestyle moves(dribbling), more shooting forms. If they can do these things on top of everything that was talked about in recent articles, they will have a chance at competing with 2K this year, unless 2K does something amazing. 2K seems to have nearly reached their limit with their current engine, Live is just scratching the surface of their engine.
Bateman111

Postby Jophantom45 on Thu May 10, 2007 9:39 am

Combining what you said with what i think and live 08 could truly be a great game. They are just beginning to stratch the surface of their engine, and if the trake their time and really give live some thought and concentration they can put the heat back of the 2k to respond with something new. Bascially i hope live 08 is great becasue i really dislike the 2k series. :(
Jophantom45

Postby Andrew on Thu May 10, 2007 8:58 pm

I'd love to see Primacy become a visible rating again because tucking it away in players.dbf as a hidden attribute - and subsequently implementing the whole recalculation scheme to compensate for injuries - really plays havoc with the simulated stats. I have to admit at times I almost long for the days of Dstats, since even though they were rigid and didn't really allow for player decline, at least the stats were accurate for a couple of years. Still, as long as the ratings-to-stats engine can produce realistic realistic results it would be the preferable system.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Fri May 11, 2007 5:38 am

Bateman111 wrote:For me EA needs to do these things: Fix animation & player speed glitches, Redo all dunking and lay-up animations(add more basic ones), add post moves, work on footplanting system, take out or do something with FSS, add realistic freestyle moves(dribbling), more shooting forms. If they can do these things on top of everything that was talked about in recent articles, they will have a chance at competing with 2K this year, unless 2K does something amazing. 2K seems to have nearly reached their limit with their current engine, Live is just scratching the surface of their engine.

all of this stuff you mentioned would be nice but there are ALOT of more important things for EA to focus on right now. infact there is more important stuff than what i want more than anything and that is the ability to save my game damn it.
Sauru

Postby Tupik on Fri May 11, 2007 5:44 am

Sauru wrote:All of this stuff you mentioned would be nice but there are ALOT of more important things for EA to focus on right now. infact there is more important stuff than what i want more than anything and that is the ability to save my game damn it.

I agree with this, this is one of the most important thing with gameplay problems!!
Tupik

Postby Bateman111 on Fri May 11, 2007 7:06 am

Sauru wrote:
Bateman111 wrote:For me EA needs to do these things: Fix animation & player speed glitches, Redo all dunking and lay-up animations(add more basic ones), add post moves, work on footplanting system, take out or do something with FSS, add realistic freestyle moves(dribbling), more shooting forms. If they can do these things on top of everything that was talked about in recent articles, they will have a chance at competing with 2K this year, unless 2K does something amazing. 2K seems to have nearly reached their limit with their current engine, Live is just scratching the surface of their engine.

all of this stuff you mentioned would be nice but there are ALOT of more important things for EA to focus on right now. infact there is more important stuff than what i want more than anything and that is the ability to save my game damn it.

I don't what system you play on but I play on the 360. Basic gameplay elements like the things I posted come before in-game saves. In-game saves are absolutly pointless when you have horrible gameplay.
Bateman111

Postby Sauru on Fri May 11, 2007 12:10 pm

you are not really talking gameplay, redoing dunks and layups? the graphics of how something is performed is minor to the overall picture. well it should be minor, to EA its everything cause thats how they sell the game to people who are not fans of basketball but fans of the quick 3-5 minutes of highlights on sportscenter. shooting forms? worthless right now. you have a good idea with the speed glitch i agree there but other than that its just graphical. also note that i said in game saves is not the most important, i just feel it is more important than everything you listed(cept maybe the speed glitch).

what live needs is a dynasty that will rival maddens. get that done
Sauru

Postby Bateman111 on Fri May 11, 2007 10:03 pm

Dunks and lay-ups aren't gameplay? I understand what you saying but they are absolutly horrible on 07. Most of the time when a player dunks, he doesn't even make contact with the rim and his neck is rim level. For me, it's all about creating a realistic NBA experience.
Bateman111

Postby hokupguy on Fri May 11, 2007 11:54 pm

they really need to get all arenas in the game i think off the top of my head there are 4 missing nets , mavs , celtics and the pacers of some close to it but not the real thing and some throw backs

youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9GFV2 ... xyDGKHpF-g

If you enjoy my mod & would like to show your appreciation please donate here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
hokupguy
Blue Print

Postby Num33Baller on Sat May 12, 2007 7:22 am

daddie9 wrote:they really need to get all arenas in the game i think off the top of my head there are 4 missing nets , mavs , celtics and the pacers of some close to it but not the real thing and some throw backs

yeah cuz thats way more important than fixing gameplay, and bugs that have been in the game for 3 years (Like the foul under the basketball, ball hits backboard, out of bounds, no foul).
Num33Baller

Postby Sauru on Sat May 12, 2007 11:57 am

Bateman111 wrote:Dunks and lay-ups aren't gameplay? I understand what you saying but they are absolutly horrible on 07. Most of the time when a player dunks, he doesn't even make contact with the rim and his neck is rim level. For me, it's all about creating a realistic NBA experience.

i agree that it is important, but what i mean by gameplay is making how the game is played more realistic, not the animations. for instance, how come the point guards always put up huge numbers? stuff like that needs to be fixed.
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Sat May 12, 2007 6:40 pm

daddie9 wrote:they really need to get all arenas in the game i think off the top of my head there are 4 missing nets , mavs , celtics and the pacers of some close to it but not the real thing and some throw backs

I could be mistaken but I seem to remember reading that there was some legal red tape preventing the inclusion of a couple of arenas.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby michaelc37 on Mon May 21, 2007 1:28 am

JUST 1 THING I think needs to be included in nba live 08.

1) live 08 needs to include an emulator to run nba 2K.
michaelc37

Postby Sauru on Mon May 21, 2007 9:53 am

good one there. no really, good one. i might have to come back here and repost just to let people know when i actually stop laughing
Sauru

Postby dascoot on Sun May 27, 2007 3:04 am

things that EA Needs to Include in Live 08

- multiplayer dynasty
- trading future draft picks
- trading on draft night
- trade more than 3 players at a time
- first and last name listed in mock draft
- saving during the offseason
- multi team trading
- less undersized rookies in draft ( a few is ok but not a bunch in each draft i.e. 6'1"- SG)
- mvp candidate list for 6th man of the year ( a new one i thought up)
- save in the middle of game

there are other things but those stick out in my mind
dascoot

Postby Andy92_man on Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:40 am

i think they should bring in a superstar mode(like madden) that would be tight as hell. also flagrant fouls and technicals and ejections
Andy92_man

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:48 pm

While I don't disagree that would be a popular feature, I wouldn't call it a "must add" for NBA Live 08; there's quite a few things that could/should be done before that's added to the game.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Faripixa on Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:13 am

I always play with one friend in the same team than me and i'd like recover to 08 the user statistics option to know the personal stats of mine and of my friend like in older versions of NBA Live like 99.Greetings and sorry for my english.
Faripixa

Postby Num33Baller on Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:26 pm

Faripixa wrote:I always play with one friend in the same team than me and i'd like recover to 08 the user statistics option to know the personal stats of mine and of my friend like in older versions of NBA Live like 99.Greetings and sorry for my english.

Yeah... and I would like to see the stats in a "sports card" lay out like they did in 98 and 99... especially in dynasty, where you could see player stats as the years wore on.

Plus a Dynasty Hall of Fame where you could see other team's retired players, their stats, and players that made it to the real hall of fame.
Num33Baller

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:15 pm

It's a small detail in the grand scheme of things but the "trading card" stats layout is something I'd really like to see return as well.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Num33Baller on Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:23 pm

Andrew wrote:It's a small detail in the grand scheme of things but the "trading card" stats layout is something I'd really like to see return as well.

Yeah, it is a small detail... but I know i spent a lot of time just looking at the stats of the players.
Num33Baller

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:17 pm

I liked the career stats page. Looking back on a 25 year dynasty and how many of the players developed.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Num33Baller on Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:02 pm

Pdub wrote:I liked the career stats page. Looking back on a 25 year dynasty and how many of the players developed.

yeah that was nice... especially a created player.
Num33Baller

Postby Kremsku on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:54 pm

I'm not sure if it was in live 2001 or so... But I really liked to editplayer -feature that you could add bulk and muscle as you liked... That way you could give the player just the right bodyshape :)

Signature jumpshots would be nice on PC also... Some of them were really look-a-like compared to real life.

I wouldn't mind signature free-throw styles either, but i guess that won't happen 'cause you would have to learn every players shooting style to know when to push the paddle up or so...
My patching thread: Kremsku's custom accessories
Kremsku

Next

Return to NBA Live 08