Hotspots.

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Hotspots.

Postby ~boshalladay~ on Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:44 pm

This is an idea similar to MLB 2K's Inside Edge, except for your own players:

With your Dynasty points, you could buy 'hotspots' for a player of your choice. If you buy hotspots for a player, whenever they walk over a spot where they are likely to make the shot, a small 'spot' on the ground will turn red.

When I say most often, I mean over 60%. Therefore success is not completely certain.

For pricing... I was thinking the better the player, the more points it would cost. A good idea in that case would be to buy it for an up and coming player on your team. That way if they become a superstar you'll know there hotspots and won't have to pay more dynasty points.

I was also thinking that over a course of a dynasty the hotspots would differ as a player improves or get worse. Although the player would be responsible to figure out that a players hotspots were not working though, and they would have to pay a cheap price to update those players hotspots.

If a player is in a slump, you may want to turn off his hotspots, which can be done in the substitutions menu, or the Reorder Roster menu.

Before a n00b says: What about cold spots?
That is a dumb idea.
~boshalladay~

Postby Oznogrd on Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:14 am

why are cold spots such a bad idea? Sure players are better from certain spots but they're also bad from certain spots....interesting idea but i dont think its necessary. I move around too much with the ball to even consider this a valid option for my players. Hell if you shoot when your open, whats the point of a hotspot?
Oznogrd
Gummy bears are stupid and delicious!

Postby [Q] on Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:59 pm

um i'd rather play NBA Jam or NBA Ballers if i wanted hotspots.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:47 am

I have to agree, it sounds a bit too arcadeish for my tastes. Also, there aren't any Dynasty points anymore which in my opinion is for the best. They were hardly a terrible idea but they penalised players who simmed games and the best method of accumulating them didn't allow you to play very realistically.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby TSquared on Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:17 am

i agree andrew.. i think the dynasty points was making the game arcadiash... and unrealistic..

hotspots are most likely not for the tastes of the realistic-loving users like myself..

i think that if ever the hotspots were included in the game, they would only activate when the player who owns a hotspot is able to make three field goals without missing... and they should be bought by dynasty points.. but more or less default like the freestyle superstars..
TSquared

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:27 pm

If they did ever add hot spots to the game, I'd hope it would be in an arcade style mode or we'd have the ability to turn them off. It would be great if players had more attributes that governed where they attempted the most shots and where most of their successful attempts came from (SCOREAREA is meant to do that but more detailed attributes would be more effective) and perhaps on Rookie difficulty colours in the control circle could indicate whether a player is in range or not but I don't think hot spots would be the way to realistically represent a player's range and preferred area on the court to score from.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JJ_Weir on Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:24 pm

i wish players played more lyk themselves in games, lyk bruce bowen sit on the baseline all day shootin open three's, and steve nash gettin pick and rolls majority of game.. i heard in 2k7 on 360 they play lyk that
There Aint A Baller Like Me

[url=http://www.nbaliveforums.com/ftopic48539.php]My Philadelphia 76ers [67-15]
Philadelphia 1 - 0 Toronto[/url]
JJ_Weir

Return to NBA Live 08