Need help creating new shoes

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Need help creating new shoes

Postby mjkb2324 on Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:57 am

Hi guys,
I've spent a few days searching the internet for a tutorial that explains in detail how to create new shoes on NBA Live, but the truth is that I can't find it. Could someone please explain to me how new shoes are created or provide me with a very detailed tutrial that explains step by step how they are created.

Thank you very much and greetings. (Y) (Y) :D :D
mjkb2324

Re: Need help creating new shoes

Postby mjkb2324 on Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:25 am

Hi guys,

Anyone know if there is any tutorial about it, I am very intrigued to know how it is done and in what way.

Thank you very much an regards. :D
mjkb2324

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:18 pm

I thought we had one somewhere, but seems if we did, it's long gone. There aren't many people making updates for NBA Live these days, and I'm not sure if any of the shoe creators are still around.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mjkb2324 on Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:26 am

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for answering me, sincerely it is a pity that nothing continues to be edited for this great game. The truth is that I was very interested in being able to make new creations, especially when it comes to creating sneakers and especially aa retro sneakers from the 90's. I have been tracking the web for days and although it is true that there is a lot of material Created for NBA Live, when it comes to retro sneakers there is not much, hence my interest in trying to find some way to make or design them.
If you knew or knew how I can find a way to design them or if there are retro sneakers created by a forum editor, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again and regards :D (Y)
mjkb2324

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:48 am

There are shoe updates in the Downloads section if you wanted to try and reverse engineer those mods. Like I said though, I could've sworn we had at least one shoe tutorial in the Forum, Downloads section, or Wiki, but it doesn't look like we do. Perhaps it was a downloadable file that was lost over time.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mjkb2324 on Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:20 am

Andrew wrote:There are shoe updates in the Downloads section if you wanted to try and reverse engineer those mods. Like I said though, I could've sworn we had at least one shoe tutorial in the Forum, Downloads section, or Wiki, but it doesn't look like we do. Perhaps it was a downloadable file that was lost over time.

Yes, the truth is that I have tried to adapt the textures of the shoes that are created in NBA 2K, which certainly there is more material in terms of shoes than in NBA Live, but I have noticed that the distribution of the texture is not the same as in NBA Live. The other day I tried to export an NBA 2K texture to NBA Live, but the shoe was deformed in the game :( . Are you aware of the possibility of exporting the textures of NBA 2K shoes to NBA Live?

Thank you very much and regards (Y) :D
mjkb2324

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:22 am

Generally speaking, it's not possible without some sort of manipulation of the texture, at least as far as I'm aware. There are similarities, but I don't recall any instances where people have been able to export a texture from an NBA 2K game and import it into an NBA Live game (or vice versa) and immediately have it work. As you noted, the textures are similar but not quite the same, because they use different model files and the like, so there's no 1:1 export and import possibilities to my knowledge.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mjkb2324 on Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:41 am

Andrew wrote:Generally speaking, it's not possible without some sort of manipulation of the texture, at least as far as I'm aware. There are similarities, but I don't recall any instances where people have been able to export a texture from an NBA 2K game and import it into an NBA Live game (or vice versa) and immediately have it work. As you noted, the textures are similar but not quite the same, because they use different model files and the like, so there's no 1:1 export and import possibilities to my knowledge.

Already, I said it because as the textures are image files, which in the case of NBA Live can be .bmp or .dds files, I believed that they could be exported in some way. The other day I tried to export a .dds texture from a shoe created for NBA 2K and I could export it fine to an NBA Live fsh file, but it didn't appear correctly in the game. Regarding the search for created shoes, I have also been looking at downloads of editions of NBA Live from another year, and although I have found things, such as the Apex Mailman by Karl Malone, the truth is that there is not much in as far as retro shoes are concerned.
mjkb2324

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:48 am

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. It's possible to export and import textures, but they're not set up the same because they use different model/shape files, so they'll look weird and garbled in-game. Anything you take out of NBA 2K would likely have to be manipulated in some way before it'll appear correctly in NBA Live. Again, I don't recall anyone having any success or describing a method of doing it, but it might be possible with some textures. More likely faces and jerseys because there are more similarities, but possibly shoes if the texture can be manipulated to work with NBA Live's models.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mjkb2324 on Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:16 am

Ok, i will keep looking to see if i find something else on the forum about if there are more retro sneakers. And if nothing else, I will have to settle for what has already been created because I do not have much knowledge in creating patches. :cry:

Thank you very much for the help and regards. (Y)
mjkb2324

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:51 am

You're welcome, sorry I couldn't be more help. Shoes aren't something I ever dabbled with so unfortunately I don't have any insights.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 08