[HELP] Newbie Creating Own Player

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

[HELP] Newbie Creating Own Player

Postby KROPEKED on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:10 pm

Okay. So I created my own player. Saved the roster with my own player on NBA Document Saves. Replaced the OrigDb files on database of NBA root folder with Roster(with the created player) Db files.
Opened the Player Editor and created the correct PLAYERPKG of the created player. Changed the ISGENERATE,ISCREATED, and ISHISTORIC to False. Extracted those four files plyrprts~(CREATED PLAYER).big and changed them with customized files. Put it into sgsm folder. Put (CREATED PLAYER).fsh into sgsm folder[the created cyberface]. And still the created cyberface and portrait didn't showed up. Please, can someone give time to explain what did I possibly missed? Even the basics.
Sorry for bad english. Thanks in advance.
KROPEKED

Re: [HELP] Newbie Creating Own Player

Postby G-Game on Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:46 am

Follow this method.
Open NBA live 08 Editor and export one player from the roster save you currently using. I suggest you choose rookie player so that no other records such as game played, points etc will be copied.
Then hit F2 on your keyboard, a new player will be created, now import the player that you exported to the new player that you created.
Rename infos like name, playerkpg, height etc then save.
Load again your roster then that's it!
Just to proved that your a real men you don't need to bang up different girls every night, being loyal to just one girl is already man enough... oh yeah!!!
G-Game
Certified Judoka.

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:27 am

When working with roster files, don't copy anything to the original database folder. Just edit the saved roster, and re-load it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby KROPEKED on Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:55 am

G-Game wrote:Follow this method.
Open NBA live 08 Editor and export one player from the roster save you currently using. I suggest you choose rookie player so that no other records such as game played, points etc will be copied.
Then hit F2 on your keyboard, a new player will be created, now import the player that you exported to the new player that you created.
Rename infos like name, playerkpg, height etc then save.
Load again your roster then that's it!

Thanks. I'll do that. But my point is, how do I put my created cyberface and portrait to my created player? And load it into Dynasty mode particularly?

*Edit* Wow, the thing actually works. Thanks.

Andrew wrote:When working with roster files, don't copy anything to the original database folder. Just edit the saved roster, and re-load it.

I thought that's okay because I've managed to play Dynasty mode with the latest roster. Because you know, too lazy to edit the roster. :D Anyway, thanks for reminding. I'll put the OrigDb back to the root folder.

But, how do I play the Dynasty mode with the current roster? Thanks.

Problem solved. Thanks. :D
Last edited by KROPEKED on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KROPEKED

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:03 pm

Select "No" for the 2007 Draft option when starting a new Dynasty.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby G-Game on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:28 pm

That's good to know it works for you. I'm always glad to help people.
Just to proved that your a real men you don't need to bang up different girls every night, being loyal to just one girl is already man enough... oh yeah!!!
G-Game
Certified Judoka.

Return to NBA Live 08