Jersey Making

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Jersey Making

Postby S_Brat on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:56 am

Ok i tried my hand at making jerseys. All the tutorials i read tell you how to make numbers and how to import them but they don not state how to position them on the jersey in the proper locations. Nor do they state how to change the size of them. Any tips? Also im having a problem with a white line appearing when i put in new numbers. Anyone with experience who could help me with this would be great!!!

S_Brat
NLSC CF Patcher
Contributor

Re: Jersey Making

Postby BAYAG on Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:00 am

I look for a jersey with a similar number font with the same position and just import the buni directly in there.
or just place the number direcly on the buni file. I would'nt make all 99 numbers though. just the numbers for the players on the roster.
BAYAG
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

Postby S_Brat on Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:49 am

that would require manually saving the numbers correct?
because when i try to use jd12's action file i just get an error.
S_Brat
NLSC CF Patcher
Contributor

Postby BAYAG on Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:19 am

For example, see what i did with the 66 dubs retro "city" jerseys. EA messed up with the original positioning of the numbers. I just put the numbers on each buni file.

Take a look at the link below. inside is the jersey viv file. Once you open it up, youll figure it out. (Y) . if not just reply to the thread i'll help you out.

http://www.filedropper.com/newwinrararchive_7
BAYAG
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

Postby S_Brat on Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:27 am

oh ok so i can rebuild the viv without all the extra numbers... i see.... that makes it easier as there are only 15 players on a team... perfect...thanks!!

wish the jersey batch files by jd12 and pdub actually worked for me :cry: i would def do jersey updates as well if i could just get the darn programs to work....
S_Brat
NLSC CF Patcher
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:01 am

It'd definitely be great if someone could give jerseys a shot, so it's nice to see you trying your hand at it. Certainly not my forte...the numbers in particular have always seemed quite fiddly to me.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mervie16 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:50 pm

I can reposition the numbers on the front via hex editing. I've only tried it on 1x jerseys though
Francis Magalona
3 Stars and the Sun
mervie16

Postby G-Game on Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:50 pm

I used Zeller 's Jersey number maker, for me thats the easiest tool to use to reposition, change font, font size. font color of jersey number. Have you already tried that? I can help you, if your having problem with that. I also know how to use pdubs tools, but it will take you more time hex edit number position and size.
Just to proved that your a real men you don't need to bang up different girls every night, being loyal to just one girl is already man enough... oh yeah!!!
G-Game
Certified Judoka.

Postby S_Brat on Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:47 pm

Mervie how do you reposition with hex editor?

Ggame. Any time I paste a new layer into Zellers PSD and try to position it, it throws off all the other layers. What am I doing wrong?

Also is it possible to reposition names. I feel like they are too high on the back
S_Brat
NLSC CF Patcher
Contributor

Postby G-Game on Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:58 am

Here's the step by step process on how to use Zeller tool.

1. Select the layer name "jersey" then select layer transparency then clear (not delete) then paste the new jersey you made.

2. Hide all layers except "jersey" layer.

3. Select any number from layer, as you can see a number shows up. Zeller already link all the front numbers so as the back numbers. So when you move one number all other numbers link will also move to your desired position.

4. Used move tool to reposition the numbers.

5. Select "character" from your windows phoshop tabs. You can see font, font size, color and other option you can do to your number.

6. If you like to change example font? select and hold shift first the layer then choose new font. Same process also if you like to change font size and color. If you already done editing, hide all numbers again.

7. To change back name color select "texture0!blet" then fill solid color (choose any color) then merge down. Hide again.

8. To make your jersey not shinny in game, do this...add layer mask then got to channels tab, copy your jersey then paste it to "jersey mask" layer. Your jersey must look invincible, if not your jersey will be shinny, Then press F5 on your keyboard.

9. Once it done, press "import numbers" then rename "newyhome" to whatever jersey name your trying to update. And that's it!

Hope my tutorial somehow help you bro. ;)
Just to proved that your a real men you don't need to bang up different girls every night, being loyal to just one girl is already man enough... oh yeah!!!
G-Game
Certified Judoka.

Postby S_Brat on Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:58 am

wow! i think that explains it very well i will try this and let you know how it works!!

i did this jersey following bayag's method... i will try and make another jersey following your methos using zellers number system... CREDITS TO HONEYBADGER for the texture and numbers
S_Brat
NLSC CF Patcher
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:34 am

Looks great!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mervie16 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:55 pm

S_Brat wrote:Mervie how do you reposition with hex editor?
Also is it possible to reposition names. I feel like they are too high on the back

here's the tutorial for it http://www.nba-live.com/nbalivewiki/ind ... ey_Editing
And also I think the surname can't be reposition. Unless you do it like Bayag did.
Francis Magalona
3 Stars and the Sun
mervie16

Postby RobbenHood on Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:59 pm

Could someone convert the jersey pack on the nba live 05 forum so they can be used on live 08?
RobbenHood

Postby S_Brat on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:03 pm

G-Game wrote:Here's the step by step process on how to use Zeller tool.

1. Select the layer name "jersey" then select layer transparency then clear (not delete) then paste the new jersey you made.

2. Hide all layers except "jersey" layer.

3. Select any number from layer, as you can see a number shows up. Zeller already link all the front numbers so as the back numbers. So when you move one number all other numbers link will also move to your desired position.

4. Used move tool to reposition the numbers.

5. Select "character" from your windows phoshop tabs. You can see font, font size, color and other option you can do to your number.

6. If you like to change example font? select and hold shift first the layer then choose new font. Same process also if you like to change font size and color. If you already done editing, hide all numbers again.

7. To change back name color select "texture0!blet" then fill solid color (choose any color) then merge down. Hide again.

8. To make your jersey not shinny in game, do this...add layer mask then got to channels tab, copy your jersey then paste it to "jersey mask" layer. Your jersey must look invincible, if not your jersey will be shinny, Then press F5 on your keyboard.

9. Once it done, press "import numbers" then rename "newyhome" to whatever jersey name your trying to update. And that's it!

Hope my tutorial somehow help you bro. ;)

g-game i followed your instructions but when i run import numbers it imports the numbers without the jersey texture... any idea what im doing wrong?
S_Brat
NLSC CF Patcher
Contributor

Postby G-Game on Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:05 am

Try to skip process 8, if jersey texture and numbers shows up correctly without layer mask then your doing right (Don't skip to click F5). If yes the texture already shows up, try to do it again with process 8, adding layer mask. Your layer mask should be visible first, click on the eye beside the layer mask name. Then copy and paste your jersey on layer mask, it should be look like invincible. And also rechecked if all the files correctly placed in the right position.
G-Game
Certified Judoka.

Postby S_Brat on Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:49 am

yeah i went back and tried the method again by not doing layer mask and it worked... but every time i try doing layer mask it does not show up in game....
S_Brat
NLSC CF Patcher
Contributor

Postby G-Game on Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:02 pm

Can you show me a picture from your Photoshop when you add layer mask? But If your playing the game with lighting setting off, its already good, your jersey will not be shinny.
G-Game
Certified Judoka.

Postby S_Brat on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:29 am

is there any way to change the position of the name to be bellow the number? like on the okc orange alternate jersey?
S_Brat
NLSC CF Patcher
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:51 am

Unless it's possible via hex editing, I'm guessing the only (or at least, the easiest) way might be to start with a jersey that already has the name positioned under the logo, and replace the textures as necessary.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mervie16 on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:26 am

I explore the fsh file for the jersey using hex, and I only got the back number move up and down. I think the name at the back is not controlled by the fsh but by the game itself. Coz if you'll see it in game, its not really flatten unlike the numbers.
Francis Magalona
3 Stars and the Sun
mervie16

Postby G-Game on Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:47 am

I don't think it is possible to move the name up and down. I agree what mervie said, even I tried to look and hex edit the position of the name some years ago and tried it again today, but still can't find any possible solution.
G-Game
Certified Judoka.

Postby S_Brat on Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:53 am

aww shucks... oh well thanks for the response guys...
S_Brat
NLSC CF Patcher
Contributor

Return to NBA Live 08