Xml Or Scripter?

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Xml Or Scripter?

Postby Devilish on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:21 am

Hey guys i have an question about scenes file in live 05 i've edited my previous post so
i wanted to know can you put those files inside of the viv and create a viv instead of a folder and place in your sgsm?
the folder goes in the sgsm from nba live 05
i would like to bring back the cutscenes or would that be part of the scripter?
Last edited by Devilish on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People down here need ice water..
User avatar
Devilish
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:12 pm
Location: Hell's Kitchen

Re: 2013 Rookie Free Agents PREVIEW!!

Postby Dc311 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:15 pm

Why did you create a new thread?You should just use the one that you already created and use that one for any of your releases instead of creating a new topic for everything.

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=90447
User avatar
Dc311
"F@*K YOU WHALE!!!F@*K YOU DOLPHIN!!!"
Contributor
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:19 am
Location: San Antonio

Re: 2013 Rookie Free Agents PREVIEW!!

Postby Devilish on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:56 pm

Dc311 wrote:Why did you create a new thread?You should just use the one that you already created and use that one for any of your releases instead of creating a new topic for everything.

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=90447

Oh sorry about that my mistake i'll change this one to something else
People down here need ice water..
User avatar
Devilish
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:12 pm
Location: Hell's Kitchen

Re: Xml Or Scripter?

Postby Pdub on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:08 pm

There is no mistake. You did the right thing by creating a new topic since it's a different subject than your patch thread.

EAGraph, or bigGUI can be used to create viv files.
downloads.php?cat=1
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 12733
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Pasadena, California, US

Re: Xml Or Scripter?

Postby Dc311 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:15 pm

Pdub wrote:There is no mistake. You did the right thing by creating a new topic since it's a different subject than your patch thread.



Actually there was.He had posted some cf's that he created onto this thread.He already posted them to his correct thread and edited this one.
User avatar
Dc311
"F@*K YOU WHALE!!!F@*K YOU DOLPHIN!!!"
Contributor
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:19 am
Location: San Antonio

Re: Xml Or Scripter?

Postby Devilish on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:47 pm

Thanks guys,and Pdub what i am asking is if there is a folder inside my sgsm named scenes and i take the contents of that folder and create a .viv and place that in my sgsm would i be able to use the cutscenes from nba live 05? such as practice and draft cutscenes
People down here need ice water..
User avatar
Devilish
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:12 pm
Location: Hell's Kitchen

Re: Xml Or Scripter?

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:47 pm

I don't believe it would work.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube Channel
User avatar
Andrew
Handing out unfair buns since 2001
Administrator
 
Posts: 89270
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Xml Or Scripter?

Postby Devilish on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Andrew wrote:I don't believe it would work.

Im assuming that those are where that stuff is located or am i wrong?
People down here need ice water..
User avatar
Devilish
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:12 pm
Location: Hell's Kitchen

Re: Xml Or Scripter?

Postby Pdub on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:11 pm

Dc311 wrote:
Pdub wrote:There is no mistake. You did the right thing by creating a new topic since it's a different subject than your patch thread.



Actually there was.He had posted some cf's that he created onto this thread.He already posted them to his correct thread and edited this one.


Ah, ok. He must have already removed.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 12733
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Pasadena, California, US

Re: Xml Or Scripter?

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:16 pm

Devilish wrote:
Andrew wrote:I don't believe it would work.

Im assuming that those are where that stuff is located or am i wrong?


NBA Live 08 doesn't make use of those files and it won't recognise a .viv file containing them either, so they can't be utilised in either manner. Additionally, xrms.viv is the only .viv file in the main sgsm folder that the game will load.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube Channel
User avatar
Andrew
Handing out unfair buns since 2001
Administrator
 
Posts: 89270
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Xml Or Scripter?

Postby Devilish on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:17 pm

Pdub wrote:
Dc311 wrote:
Pdub wrote:There is no mistake. You did the right thing by creating a new topic since it's a different subject than your patch thread.



Actually there was.He had posted some cf's that he created onto this thread.He already posted them to his correct thread and edited this one.


Ah, ok. He must have already removed.

yea i edited and removed it,but hey pdub since i have your attention for a moment do you happen to know the textstrings to remove the layup where a player starts to dunk but when there is contact he does the switch layup?i can show a screenshot if you need.Hopefully you can help me to get it removed its the worst animation they could have ever put into this game.
Image
Image
Last edited by Devilish on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People down here need ice water..
User avatar
Devilish
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:12 pm
Location: Hell's Kitchen

Re: Xml Or Scripter?

Postby Devilish on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:20 pm

Damn would be nice to bring that back.
I overlooked your thread Andrew and i were picking things out to try out.
People down here need ice water..
User avatar
Devilish
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:12 pm
Location: Hell's Kitchen

Re: Xml Or Scripter?

Postby Pdub on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:01 pm

All collision animations involving two or more players are "scenario" animations and I believe that none of them are in the actual aiact files. However, when I was messing around turning dunks animations into jumpshots for fun(lol), you can take the individual animation of one of the players and turn it into it's own layup/dunk/jumpshot/hookshot, etc, or take the collision dunk animation and turn it into just a dunk animation with no collision.

The information for these animations and how they happen would be in the scenario.dat file, but I don't have any idea what to do with that file or how to edit it to accomplish what you want.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 12733
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Pasadena, California, US

Re: Xml Or Scripter?

Postby Devilish on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Pdub wrote:All collision animations involving two or more players are "scenario" animations and I believe that none of them are in the actual aiact files. However, when I was messing around turning dunks animations into jumpshots for fun(lol), you can take the individual animation of one of the players and turn it into it's own layup/dunk/jumpshot/hookshot, etc, or take the collision dunk animation and turn it into just a dunk animation with no collision.

The information for these animations and how they happen would be in the scenario.dat file, but I don't have any idea what to do with that file or how to edit it to accomplish what you want.

Cool thanks and where could i find the collision animation in the xanim and it would probably xmcpcol.orl and ord right?
and also the crossovers from 05 possible or no?
People down here need ice water..
User avatar
Devilish
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:12 pm
Location: Hell's Kitchen

Re: Xml Or Scripter?

Postby Pdub on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:34 pm

Probably the crossovers would work, but I don't know if you would need to edit any other ai files. I don't have the game installed, but xmxpcol looks correct. Look and see if there is any with "scen" or "scn" in it as well. Keep in mind that they go hand in hand with the scenario.dat files.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 12733
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Pasadena, California, US

Re: Xml Or Scripter?

Postby Devilish on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:38 pm

There is an xmpcscen.ord&orl if i replace that with the one from 05 the game is probably gonna crash on me huh? :lol:
Btw what Hex software do you use?It also seems i cannot open the 05 xanims in notepad to see the text.hmm
People down here need ice water..
User avatar
Devilish
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:12 pm
Location: Hell's Kitchen

Re: Xml Or Scripter?

Postby Pdub on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:31 pm

I use hex workshop. There are free ones out there, but it has a trial.

Yes the game will crash, but if you replace the scenario.dat file, it might not. I'm not sure if you have to make any changes to the act files. This would require a lot out cross checking of animation names. You also might not be able to go back as far as 05. Maybe 06 with some work, I don't know.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 12733
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Pasadena, California, US

Re: Xml Or Scripter?

Postby Devilish on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:33 am

Sweet thanks for your help i appreciate it (Y) (Y)
People down here need ice water..
User avatar
Devilish
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:12 pm
Location: Hell's Kitchen


Return to NBA Live 08

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest