[POLL] Read the summaries for each possible storyline!

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Pick the two storylines you would be most interested in following.

Chicago Bulls: What's Next?
17%
Minnesota Timberwolves: For Flip & KG
17%
New York Knicks: Melo Vs Zinger
17%
Philadelphia 76ers: Enough is Enough
17%
Portland Trailblazers: Lillard's Legacy
No votes
San Antonio Spurs: The Birth of a New Era
17%
Washington Wizards: The Chase for Durant
17%

Total votes : 6

[POLL] Read the summaries for each possible storyline!

Postby Pistol on Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:53 pm

Hey everyone, I've been having a pretty bad itch to write. I've also been looking forward to this NBA season and especially NBA2K16. With all these feelings combined, I have decided to start a nice little story that focuses more on the storyline than the gameplay.

I know that best advice is to pick a team that will keep you interested. I'm having a tough time deciding on a team though. I also have been away a long time, so I don't know what teams are being overused these days.

Vote for two options that you would most like to see. I have possible storylines for each team below. Please give them a read and let me hear your opinion. I'm very interested in each of these storylines and I'm also open to suggestions/ideas. Glad to be back and really looking forward to starting this story.

:arrow: Summaries for each Possible Storyline:
Chicago Bulls: What’s next?
Derrick Rose’s injury riddled career has put the Bulls in purgatory. The potential was sky high after his MVP season. Now Chicago has a roster full of aging stars and a brand new head coach. After backlash from the breakup with fan favorite head coach, Tom Thibodeau, the Bulls have decided to go with some new faces in the front office as well. Who are the Bulls building around, Rose or rising star Jimmy Butler? Is it time to ship of pieces like Joakim Noah and Mike Dunleavy while they still possess value? Can the Bulls keep their core and make the necessary moves to push them past the Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference? The Bulls face an uncertain future and many tough decisions will have to be made.

Minnesota Timberwolves: For Flip & KG
Minnesota’s most successful years came when Kevin Garnett was at his best and Flip Saunders was the head coach. Kevin Garnett had to leave the team to win a ring and Flip Saunders continued to be cursed losing three straight conference finals with the Detroit Pistons. Both have returned to Minnesota. Garnett, the veteran leader of a very young core is back with Saunders, who is going through a bout with cancer. Can the replacement general manager help steer this franchise to win a ring before Garnett retires in honor of their ill president?

New York Knicks: Melo Vs Porzingis
Phil Jackson committed a lot of money to re-sign Carmelo Anthony and promised to build a contender around him. After a couple swing and misses during the 2015 free agency, the Knicks made some solid signing in terms of role players. They decided to draft for the long term when going after Kristaps Prozingis. While the Knicks have some solid pieces, they seem far off from contending. Who is Phil actually building for, Melo or Porzingis?

Philadelphia 76ers: Enough is Enough
It’s well known that the 76ers have been tanking and are in the midst of a massive rebuild. Gone are the days of Dr. J and Iverson. Philadelphia fans have no hope in championship glory, but that’s not keeping them from being upset. The fans have finally had it with the losses and the constant lottery picks, especially when the management continues to draft post players to an already packed frontcourt. The ownership has decided to bring in new personnel to convert to a “win now” mindset.

Portland Trailblazers: Lillard’s Legacy
Rip City appeared to be on the rise with their solid starting five of Damian Lillard, Wesley Matthews, Nicolas Batum, LaMarcus Aldridge, and Robin Lopez. Portland was able to clearly see that as good as this team was, they appeared to have the odds stacked against them just as they did when Rasheed Wallace was roaming the paint during the Lakers’ Golden Years. They blew up the roster in the summer of 2015, due in large part to Aldridge’s departure to San Antonio. They have gone “all in” with Damian Lillard making the versatile point guard the cornerstone of their franchise. How will they build around Lillard? How will Lillard respond to being the number one man? Will he finally bring back championship basketball to Portland?

San Antonio Spurs: The Birth of a New Era
R.C. Buford, Greg Popovich, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, and Tony Parker have been responsible for one of the greatest dynasties of all time. They have built the foundation of a world class organization. They’ve amassed championship trophies and focused on the success of their team instead of personal accolades. The time is coming when all are going to move on. Buford has decided to bring in a new young assistant that will take his place one day with a new core of LaMarcus Aldridge, Kawhi Leonard, and Danny Green. Will they uphold Spur tradition?

Washington Wizards: The Chase for Durant
The NBA summer of 2016 is in sights and the Wizards hope to end their summer crush with a marriage to Kevin Durant. First, the Wizards must successfully navigate the 2015-2016 season while ensuring the future is bright enough to entice Durantula back to the nation’s capital. Who will be moved? The Wizards must create cap space while also staying competitive. Will it be realistic to feature a team of John Wall, Bradley Beal, and Durant? Can Washington keep the Polish Hammer or is it crucial that they unload his contact?
Pistol
You have to want it as bad as you need to breath.

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood