-Craptors to Raptorz- Introduction

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

-Craptors to Raptorz- Introduction

Postby Khanwarrior on Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:13 am

Franchise recap: Since their inception in 1995, the Raptors have made the playoffs six times (2000, 2001, 2002, 2007, 2008, and 2014), advancing past the first round just once (2001, when they were eliminated in the Conference Semifinals). The Raptors have won the Atlantic Division twice times (2007, and 2014), and the franchise record number of wins in the regular season is 48 (2014). Four Raptors have been selected to play in the All-Star game: Vince Carter, Antonio Davis, Chris Bosh, and Demar DeRozan.

The Starters

- Kyle Lowry - Demar DeRozan - Terrence Ross - Patrick Patterson - Jonas Valančiūnas -

The Bench

- Louis Williams - Greivis Vasquez - Amir Johnson - James Johnson - Tyler Hansbrough - Greg Stiemsma -

The Reserves

- Lucas Noguiera - Chuck Hayes - Landry Fields - Bruno Caboclo -

Depth Chart:
PG - Lowry/Vasquez
SG - DeRozan/Williams
SF - Ross/Johnson/Fields/Caboclo
PF - Patterson/Johnson/Hansbrough
C - Valančiūnas/Stiemsma/Hayes/Noguiera

Settings:
Platform: 2K15 PS4
Roster: Default
Season Length: 82 Games
Playoff Format: 7-7-7-7
Team Chemistry: On
Progressive Fatigue: On
Trade Deadline: On
Allow CPU Trades: On
Trade Override: On
CPU Trade Approval: On
Quarter Length: 12 minutes
Sim Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Sliders: Simulation
Difficulty: HoF
Injuries: On
Khanwarrior

Re: -Craptors to Raptorz- Introduction

Postby RMJH4 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:19 am

Good luck man, l love that your a Celtics fan doing a a Raps dynasty! I watched a documentary on Vince Carter last night and it has me itching to play as the Raptors!
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby Vespasian92 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:20 pm

Toronto's my secret second NBA team. So many likable players and former Kings like Patterson and the Chuckwagon. Hoping you get this going for a while :)
Vespasian92

Postby Khanwarrior on Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:21 am

Vespasian92 wrote:Toronto's my secret second NBA team. So many likable players and former Kings like Patterson and the Chuckwagon. Hoping you get this going for a while :)

Yeah Toronto's definitely one of my favorite teams to watch and also play as. I've always liked Patterson and how he can stretch the floor and Chuck Hayes probably has the best free-throw animation. :lol:

seaboh13 wrote:Good luck man, l love that your a Celtics fan doing a a Raps dynasty! I watched a documentary on Vince Carter last night and it has me itching to play as the Raptors!

Yeah Vince and Bosh are on my favorite players out there. Always liked the way the VC played and i hope to find a gem like him for my team somehow.
Khanwarrior

Postby Khanwarrior on Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:34 am

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Since I'm starting off so far back from the current NBA I decided to simulate the whole first season including the playoffs. I'm still gonna include a recap for the first season so don't worry about that. Another thing to note is that I kept the most current rosters so you're still gonna see MCW on the Bucks, etc. I decided to turn off cpu trades for the season so nothing crazy happens without me having a say on it.

Anyways I'm probably going to narrate this association as a blog writer (kind of how Vespasian does his) and may shift to different narrators or different types of narration throughout the story. I still don't have a concise idea of how I'm going to run things such monthly recaps, game recaps, etc. so I'll be trying new styles every now and then including formats other people use. Now lets go on with the show!
Khanwarrior

Postby Khanwarrior on Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:36 am

The Timeline:

2014-15 season:
Khanwarrior

Re: -Craptors to Raptorz- 2014-2015 All-Star Weekend

Postby Khanwarrior on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:50 am

All-Star Weekend 2014-2015

This years All-Star weekend took place in the Madison Square Garden, arguably the most famous stadium in the world. This was one the most competitive All-star weekend ever, with both the Rising Stars Challenge as well as the All-Star game being extremely hard fought, with some actual defense this time. The 3-point contest was probably the most star-filled one ever and the dunk contest introduced us to up and coming stars in the making who have exceptional leaping abilities. Let's now look back and this memorable weekend

Rising Stars Challenge

Team Chuck: 88
Team Shaq: 93

This year team Shaq won once again led by the game's MVP, Mason Plumlee who had a 20/10 game along with 3 blocks. Chuck's team was lead by rookie phenomenon Andrew Wigging who had a team high 26 points, along with 5 makes beyond the three point line. This was the first time we ever experienced a rookie-sophomore game like this one, where there was a lot of defense, a few technicals here and there, and a lot of pride involved. Hopefully this leads to a few good rivalries in the future.

Foot Locker 3-Point Contest

Consistency proved to be the key for Klay Thompson

The 3-point contest was filled with stars, from top to bottom. The participants were Klay Thompson, Steph Curry, Isaiah Thomas, Chandler Parsons, Kevin Durant, and James Harden. All of these players were in top 8 three points made, excluding only Damian Lillard and our own Kyle Lowry. Unfortunately Curry(8) and Harden(10) struggled and did not make past the first round along with Chandler Parsons(14). In the final round, Klay Thompson would go on to win with 21 points, while hitting all 5 money balls. KD came a close 2nd with 20 points while Isaiah came 3rd with 18.

Sprite Dunk Contest

Unlike the 3-point contest, the dunk contest wasn't filled with stars but instead included players capable of making the highlight reel while at the same time showing that they have the potential to be great stars in this league in the future. This years dunk contest had 4 players: Toronto's Terrence Ross, Minnesota's Zach LaVine and Shabazz Muhammad, and also Ben McLemore form Sacremento. Zach LaVine threw down the most memorable dunk but still ended up going 3rd with Terrence Ross dead last, Shabazz at second and finally the king of Sacramento took home the trophy coming at 1st.

Zach laVine dunked over 4 players. Although they were bent, it was a great dunk nonetheless.

All-Star Game

Finally on Sunday came the event that everyone was in town for, the All-Star game. The teams rosters goes as follows:
East:
PG - Kyle Lowry
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - LeBron James
PF - Greg Monroe
C - Andre Drummond

Reserves: J.Wall - J.Butler - C.Anthony - P.George - K.Love - K.Irving - D.Rose - T.Harris

West:
PG - Steph Curry
SG - James Harden
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - Anthony Davis
C - Marc Gasol

Reserves: R.Westbrook - E.Bledose - R.Gay - D.Nowitzski - D.Howard - D.Lillard - G.Hayward - B.Griffin

The surprises that we had for the rosters were the Piston's frontcourt were starting in their first all-star game ever. Greg Monroe had averages of 18.7/11.5/3.4 while Andre Drummond was averaging 17.3/13.4 along with 2.2 blocks a game. Tobias Harris made his first all star game with averages of 15.3/8.7. The only surprises on the west was Rudy Gay who found new life in Sacremento with averages of 22.3/7.4/2.6 and Gordon Hayward averaging 21/6/5.

Just like every annual all-star game, this year also did not include any defense whatsoever with the West winning 131-122 while being led by all-star MVP James Harden who had 28 points. The east was led by Greg Monroe with 22. James Harden said after winning MVP of the game
This was great while it lasted but now I have to focus on the team and make sure we make a strong push for the playoffs. If I do that, the accolades will come by themselves.
Khanwarrior

Postby RMJH4 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:47 am

Khanwarrior wrote:IMPORTANT NOTE:
Since I'm starting off so far back from the current NBA I decided to simulate the whole first season including the playoffs. I'm still gonna include a recap for the first season so don't worry about that. Another thing to note is that I kept the most current rosters so you're still gonna see MCW on the Bucks, etc. I decided to turn off cpu trades for the season so nothing crazy happens without me having a say on it.

Anyways I'm probably going to narrate this association as a blog writer (kind of how Vespasian does his) and may shift to different narrators or different types of narration throughout the story. I still don't have a concise idea of how I'm going to run things such monthly recaps, game recaps, etc. so I'll be trying new styles every now and then including formats other people use. Now lets go on with the show!

Bit of advice, Monthly or Bi-Monthly recaps work, along with some highlighted big games two. Doing 82 games of individual recaps is very difficult, i only ever did it once, and it really dragged! Put your storylines in around those and it should work! Good luck and I'm following!
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood