▲ Breaking Bull

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

▲ Breaking Bull

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:54 am

Well guys... after taking a long, long, long hiatus because of work and career studies, hopefully I can make it up to you with this story. After countless, infinite dynasty and association attempts, my Spurs were able to do the job -- of course I had to use my favourite team to accomplish that feat. In the meantime, I had to format my computer TWICE, backups made, but a huge pain installing everything again. So, all ready to go, I'm giving another chance to the Bulls -- the team that showed me what basketball is back in the 90's, with MJ & Co. The challenge here is keeping Rose healthy and hopefully challenge for the trophy again in a couple of years, along with Jo; Lil' Jimmy from Tomball, Texas; Dunleavy, Kirk "Goggles" Hinrich, Nazr returning; and Pau and Nik joining. Exciting to say the least.

I'm going with the default 2K rosters -- I edited them myself with signings and trades until the opening night, but I didn't create any players... some are missing (like, half the Sixers roster :lol: ) and other undrafted guys, but I might add them via the next draft (just for real life purposes). Emulating my Spurs' short second year, I'm going with weekly recaps here so I can speed this up. For the first time ever (in my whole life) I will try to be ahead of RL at some point, so I might recap everything but with half the games simulated, at least. I will also try to add NCAA with your draftees in the middle, and if this continues for a long time, FIBA stuff in the offseason. Of course I'm hoping to receive any feedback you guys might have. Buckle up!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

▲ Breaking Bull ▼ Team Roster

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:55 am

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: ▲ Breaking Bull

× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:56 am

× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:56 am

...05! (go ahead with the good luck wishes) :wink:
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Kevin on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:30 am

Breaking Bull. So would this last for 5 seasons like Breaking Bad? :lol: :lol:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

▲ Breaking Bull ▼ Bullseye Blog ♦ 2013-14 Season Review

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:56 pm

Chicago ended their season when they couldn't get a defensive rebound to save their lives against Washington -- a disappointing way to finish, but the very fact that it was disappointing made this year a success. Derrick Rose was looking like he hadn’t skipped a beat. Jimmy Butler seemed like the perfect fit alongside him, and they were poised to be one of the best young backcourts in the NBA. Butler and Luol Deng were an elite defensive tandem. Deng finally had a serviceable backup in Mike Dunleavy Jr., who could play three positions and stretch the court. Taj Gibson and Carlos Boozer were one of the best power forward pairings in the league (that's before Boozer crashed). Joakim Noah was injured during most of the preseason, but his all-around play had him grouped with the elite centers. Positions 1 through 5, these Bulls were equipped to challenge for a title. For once, Jerry Reinsdorf, the Bulls’ owner, was putting his money where his mouth was. The Bulls were going well over the cap, ready to drop close to $90 million, one of the highest payrolls in the league, and there was a palpable sense of hope in the locker room.

But hope and reality had a tough meeting in the first game of the season. The Miami Heat came out on the night they received their championship rings and played like champions; the Bulls played like grazing cows. Four games into the season, the difference between Chicago and a 0-4 start was a miracle. Just when it looked like the Tauros were going to the slaughterhouse, they got their act together and went on a five-game winning streak, steamrolling their opponents by an average of 15.2 points. But on November 22, the Bulls went into the Moda Center, formerly known as the Rose Garden -- a name change that was ironic considering it’s where Rose's season died. What happened after that was brutal. They got obliterated, shredded and annihilated, going on a 3-12 spiral, and the record barely tells the beginning of it. The collective hearts of the Bulls were smashed into a billion pieces.

Such “powerhouses” as Milwaukee, Cleveland, New Orleans, Detroit and Orlando -- all lottery teams -- took turns smacking the Bulls in the chops, collecting injuries like stamps in the process. Noah, Butler, Deng and Kirk Hinrich all missed games. On December 19, they were tied for 10th in the East, sitting outside the playoffs. Along the way, the Toronto Raptors waived D.J. Augustin, and the Bulls picked him up with little fanfare; for the duration of the season, he would be Chicago's leading scorer. By January 6, they had climbed to sixth in the Eastern Conference, and there was hope they could salvage something. But that night, the news that Chicago's longest-tenured player and two-time All-Star, Deng, was being traded for picks and cap relief broke. It was as though the Bulls had dug out from the the pits of hell, and just as they were putting their hands on solid ground, general manager Gar Forman sent them back down.

Image Image

But Noah had different ideas. Buoyed by the inspiring bellows of his coach, Tom Thibodeau, he pulled them up and out of that hole. The very first thing the Bulls did after the Deng trade was go out and win. The second thing they did was win again. Then, just for good measure, they won yet again, doing a really horrible job of tanking. After New Year’s Day, no team in the Eastern Conference had a better record than the Bulls. Thibodeau re-imagined the offense to run through Noah, and by the bye, his defense won him Defensive Player of the Year. The Bulls weren’t blowing teams out -- they were grinding them down. No one thought the Bulls were going to win a title. But who cared?

Chicago secured the No. 4 seed and then promptly lost to the Wizards in five. They simply didn't have the offense when they needed it; the early departure was saddening, but the season was not a disappointment. Through all of this year's adversity, the Bulls did the one thing they could do: keep trying. And we learned that sometimes the prize is in the fight, not the victory. Most fanbases motivate their teams, but this team motivated its city. This offseason the Bulls can add talent, and they are well poised to do it this summer with two first-round picks, potential for free agency if they use the amnesty on Boozer and the pending arrival of Nikola Mirotic. And, don't forget, there's the return of that Rose guy. Talent can be drafted, traded for or bought. What you can’t buy is heart, especially if you already lost it. The Bulls might not be the best team in the league, but they were the most valiant, and that’s good enough for Bulls fans to “see red” and be proud.
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:56 pm

KevinParker13 wrote:Breaking Bull. So would this last for 5 seasons like Breaking Bad? :lol: :lol:

Man, just imagine. That would be a huge accomplishment. :cheeky: But one step at a time...

First article up and also added the roster.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Phil89 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:15 pm

Always loved your presentation on here, very classy. Hopefully Rose stays healthy and we can see your Bulls in the finals.

I think Russell Westbrook would be jealous of your GM's fashion sense :cheeky:
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby mp3 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:15 pm

Good to see you back at it again.

Respect and following... like breaking bad !
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Martti. on Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:13 pm

OMG, #thereturn. Good luck my man, nice to see you back here. Probably for the 50th time, hope this lasts. :D
Martti.
#HeatLifer

▲ Breaking Bull ▼ Bullseye Blog ♦ 2014 Offseason Resumé

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:00 am

The Bulls entered the offseason with numerous question marks surrounding the organization, trying to take the necessary steps to build a championship-caliber team once again. By trading Luol Deng earlier in the season to free up cap space, the team is in a great position to improve the roster. However, looking forward to next season the Bulls must focus on one thing and one thing only: signing players who can score, as the team was ranked last in points per game this season as well as the last -- averaging just over 93 points per game the past two years. There is a tough decision to make with power forward Carlos Boozer, who struggled the last two seasons; if the team cannot find someone willing to take him, the Bulls will be forced to amnesty him in order to save $16.8 million. The Carmelo Anthony rumors have existed since he announced he would test free agency before the season began, but the Bulls will need to make some moves in order to sign him.

May 11 // Gasol could be interestedPau Gasol's name had been thrown around as a possible option for the Bulls this offseason, and while the big man said he'd prefer to remain with the Lakers in an interview with the Spanish sports website Marca, he also did say he could be interested in coming to Chicago (via the LA Times). The Spaniard looked like a guy severely on the decline in 2012-13, but he did bounce back to put up much better numbers this year, averaging 17.4 points and 9.7 rebounds. Of course, just like 2012-13, Gasol once again dealt with nagging injuries for much of the year, which is a major concern going forward. He's going to turn 34 in July, and his big body just might not be able to handle the rigors of a full season anymore. He could be an intriguing option with the Bulls because of his skill set and the need for some frontcourt help, but the price would have to be just right due to his age and injury problems.

May 28 // It may not take much to bring Mirotic stateside • As holders of his draft rights, Nikola Mirotic was limited to negotiating with the Bulls -- that means they were able to get him far more cheaply than on the open market. Of course there was incentive for Mirotic to come to the NBA and get the clock started on his next contract as soon as possible, but not enough to compensate for the buyout for Real Madrid. Mirotic's shooting would be nearly unparalleled at the power forward position. He also brings excellent passing, the abilities to attack off the bounce on closeouts and post up smaller players. His defense and rebounding will not be a strength, but he is tough. He is worth perhaps as much as $8 million a year on the open market, so securing his services for only $3.5 million a year to start is probably the most efficient possible use of the Bulls’ cap space short of acquiring a true superstar. Not only would the news that Mirotic could be easier to bring over than thought previously be good for his future with the Bulls, he could become a lot more desirable as a trade asset in getting that 'true superstar'.

June 7 // Bulls have made offer for Love, per report • According to several media outlets, the Minnesota Timberwolves privately maintained they already have fielded better offers from other teams, among them the Chicago Bulls, who could offer draft picks and some combination of Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson along with Boozer, whose bloated contract expires next summer and represents the kind of cap space rebuilding teams crave. Bulls fans had been throwing around Love's name as a target for quite some time, and it looked like he might be available -- a good time to pounce after playing in 77 games last season (all starts), averaging career-highs of 26.1 points and 4.4 assists along with 12.5 rebounds. Love had reportedly named the Bulls as an "intriguing" destination. There was some debate over whether the Bulls would be better served acquiring Love or Anthony, but, obviously getting either one would be phenomenal. Anthony probably better fits the Bulls' need of a "pure" scorer.

June 19 // Chicago reportedly pursuing AfflaloArron Afflalo was mentioned as a potential backup plan if the Bulls didn't land Anthony or Love, and Chicago was apparently pursuing the Magic shooting guard, according to Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski. Afflalo was coming off the best season of his career in Orlando, averaging 18.2 points while shooting 45.9 percent overall and 42.7 percent from three; he just missed the All-Star Game, which was probably a product of being on such a poor Magic squad. His defense isn't all that great, but that was of little concern at that point in time. If he were to be acquired, he would have been the best 2-guard the Bulls have had in years and would have slotted in nicely next to Derrick Rose, likely allowing Butler to move to his more natural position at the 3. The Bulls need shooting in the worst way, and Afflalo would have filled that need.

June 27 // Bulls trade up; add McDermott, Bairstow to roster • There were some moves prior to the draft, as Denver acquired their former SG, Afflalo from Orlando. The Bulls were rumored to have been in on Afflalo, though it was tough to determine whether that was part of a Anthony pursuit or a backup plan for cap space if that option failed. So the Bulls took the draft route -- Doug McDermott was picked #11 by the Nuggets, and the Bulls traded their #16 and #19 picks to Denver for his rights. The Creighton product's pedigree (4-year college player, part of a successful team) harkens back to John Paxson's picks of the past. The Bulls also received Anthony Randolph in the deal, but was traded almost a month later to the Magic. Cameron Bairstow was selected with the 49th pick; originally from Australia, he is a 6'10" senior from New Mexico and was the 2014 Mountain West tournament MVP and first-team all-Mountain West last season.

Image Image

July 15 // Boozer officially amnistied by Bulls • The Bulls said goodbye to Boozer, using the amnesty clause to cut the veteran forward after four seasons with the team. He came to Chicago in a sign-and-trade deal with Utah in July 2010, and the two-time All-Star averaged 15.5 points and nine rebounds in 280 games with the team; he had one season left on a five-year deal worth roughly $75 million. With the amount of money the Bulls have paid for his level of production and his struggle to keep up on defense, his contract holds the team back. With averages of 13.7 points and 8.3 rebounds in 2013-14, the Bulls did try to trade Boozer before actually using the amnesty provision, but it never panned out. The 32-year-old took to Twitter to thank the team for his four seasons with Chicago. The Bulls also waived forward Lou Amundson (who later signed with the Cavaliers) and guards Mike James and Ronnie Brewer as they continued to clear salary-cap space for the signings of Gasol and Mirotic.

July 19 // Bulls sign Gasol, Mirotic • "It hasn't been easy. After meditating it a lot I've chosen to play with the Chicago Bulls. Looking forward to this new chapter of my career", said Gasol on Twitter, officially announcing his agreement with the team. The upgrade from Nazr Mohammed (who stays as a bench warmer) as backup center to Pau is immense: he remains as skilled as any player in the league when operating out of the high post or low post. He averaged 17.4 points, 9.7 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.5 blocks per game. "I am very happy and excited to announce that next season I will be playing with the Bulls. Today I fulfill a dream", tweeted Mirotic. This was always the first offseason that saw the chance of Mirotic coming over, and while there initially was some questions about him coming, those were mostly erased due to his somewhat messy exit with Real Madrid. With Mirotic agreeing to the buyout several weeks ago, the Bulls had basically all the leverage in negotiations. His signing killed any chance of him being moved to Minnesota in a potential trade for Love. First, he couldn't be traded for 30 days; second, the Bulls had zero intention to move him. The team clearly values him highly, reportedly even turning down a top-10 pick in the draft for him.

July 23 // Bulls re-sign Hinrich, add Brooks • In what should probably be characterized as the surest thing of the offseason, Kirk Hinrich is returning. With Charlotte falling out of the chase, it probably didn't even matter if they did keep chasing Hinrich, because it was his destiny to come back to Chi-Town -- both the organization and head coach Tom Thibodeau rate him highly in the locker room. An 11-year veteran of the NBA, he has played in 767 (636 starts) regular-season games and averaged 11.8 points, 3.1 rebounds and 5.2 assists. His return eliminated the chances of D.J. Augustin coming back (he would sign with Detroit a couple of days later). With Rose still out, the Bulls went shopping for another bargain point guard, and Aaron Brooks fitted the mold: short, quick and can shoot the rock. Considering how players like Augustin or Nate Robinson often looked in Thibs' system, it's not hard to envision Brooks flourishing if given the opportunity. Last season with the Rockets and Nuggets, Brooks appeared in 72 games (12 starts) and averaged 9.0 points, 1.9 rebounds and 3.2 dimes.

August 15 // Bulls season schedule announced • The NBA officially announced the schedule for the 2014-15 season, with the Bulls opening their season on October 29, visiting Anthony and the Knicks at Madison Square Garden; that's followed by the home opener against Love, LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and the Cavs at the United Center on Halloween. There are 11 road games due to the Circus Trip, but only five of the 15 November games are against playoff teams from last season, and one of those is Indiana. Having a lighter early schedule is definitely nice as Rose gets his legs back and the newcomers gel together. The Bulls have one other longish road trip, coming at the tail end of January into February. That's a six-gamer, while the Circus Trip will be seven games. Chicago has a seven-game homestand in February/March, but the end of it is part of a rather brutal stretch of games that includes Oklahoma City, the Clippers and later San Antonio on the road.

September 16 // Rose, Team USA clinch FIBA World Championships in Spain • Team USA accomplished its goal, winning the gold medal at the FIBA World Cup by routing Serbia in Madrid, 129-92. At the conclusion of the opening period -- of which Rose played the final 1:21 -- Mike Krzyzewski's squad held a 35-21 advantage, completely changing the tenor of the game with a 28-6 run to close the frame. Rose started the second quarter, notching a steal and an assist. He then played the final 2:35 of the third quarter and heading into the final stanza, Team USA had turned the game into a laugher, 105-67. One popular opinion is concerned with his play, mostly featuring an off-target jumper and inexplicable turnovers, while playing a limited, reserve role behind Irving; but he was back on the court, playing nine games in 16 days -- including five in six days, which is especially significant because he’s only played 10 NBA regular-season games in the past two years. While he was certainly rusty, the Chicago native’s explosiveness was on display in games that actually mattered, with and against top competition.
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:02 am

Phil89 wrote:Always loved your presentation on here, very classy. Hopefully Rose stays healthy and we can see your Bulls in the finals.

This is a transition year man! With Rose getting completely healthy again. I think I need another couple of pieces to really contend. And yeah, Westbrook ain't got nothing on me. :lol:

mp3 wrote:Good to see you back at it again.

Respect and following... like breaking bad !

Thanks man! It's been a long process.

Martti. wrote:OMG, #thereturn. Good luck my man, nice to see you back here. Probably for the 50th time, hope this lasts. :D

Nice to see everyone again. :D It's been tough on me lately but only good things coming!
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Cruzerr on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:15 am

This presentation, wow. You truely have some skill with photoshop. I wish you luck with this project!
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

▲ Breaking Bull ▼ Bullseye Blog ♦ 2014-15 Season Preview

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:47 am

Without Derrick Rose for much of the last two years, the Chicago Bulls have struggled to tread water in an increasingly weak East. Now, with Rose back and several new players added to the mix, the Bulls look like one of the elite once again. If we've learned anything the last few years, it's that Chicago will always be one of the league's most successful regular season teams, if only because of Tom Thibodeau's tenacious coaching. This year, though, they may have (along with Cleveland) more talent on this roster than any team in the conference. Rose worked out some kinks playing international ball this season, but what makes this team really exciting is its depth, supplemented this summer by the additions of Pau Gasol, Nikola Mirotic, rookie Doug McDermott and Aaron Brooks -- all of whom should help the team's offense. Chicago hasn’t exactly been an offensive juggernaut lately, but all of those players can score and getting Rose back will help them on that end as well.

On defense, it would be hard to pick anyone other than Joakim Noah, the team's best player on that role and reigning Defensive Player of the Year. Always an energetic, intense player, he is a perfect fit in Thibodeau's defensive system. He moves through rotations with ease and, despite his 7-foot frame, can actually guard a number of different positions. For a number of years he was one of the league’s more underrated defenders, but not anymore. With Carlos Boozer gone, this was supposed to be the year that Taj Gibson finally was given the opportunity to start and show what he could do as a starting power forward, but with the additions of Gasol and Mirotic, Gibson is now part of arguably the most talented and crowded frontcourt in the NBA. Despite all that, he’s a perfect role player with tremendous work ethic and more than enough talent to step in and do whatever is asked of him. Don’t be shocked if, despite not starting, he does finish games thanks to his imposing defense, just as he did last season.

Entering a contract year, Jimmy Butler is really the only two guard the Bulls have on the roster (with Kirk Hinrich backing up Rose and Tony Snell playing most of his minutes as a small forward in 2013-14), which means that, once again, Butler is going to play a large amount of minutes. He's young and hungry, though, so having him on the floor that much, particularly considering his defensive skills, isn't necessarily a bad thing. He regressed from three-point range last season quite a bit, and to be a worthwhile long-term backcourt mate to Rose, he's going to have get those percentages back up this year. Despite all of that, at his salary Butler remains one of the best values in the NBA. All those threes Butler didn’t hit last year, McDermott will be expected to knock down this term, and he should inject a new dimension into Chicago’s offense. He’s also a perfect fit for the culture of the Bulls' locker room.

Image Image

While Thibodeau isn't a huge fan of playing rookies, he proved last year with Snell that he would if a.) they were good enough, and b.) the need arose for them to see more minutes. Mirotic, a former Spanish League MVP and first-round pick, is certainly good enough. It’s why the Bulls worked so hard to get him over here and paid him as much as they did, reportedly turning down a top-10 pick for him. Opportunity could be an issue with so crowded a backcourt, however, but there’s no question that Mirotic will be one of the most NBA-ready and mature rookies in the league. One injury to Gasol or Noah will give Mirotic a huge boost in minutes, and then we'll really get to see what all the fuss has been about.

Though it's a return season for Rose, the goals are still very high. This team is looking to make the Finals, and anything less than an appearance in the Eastern Conference Finals would be tough to swallow. The majority of the Bulls key contributors are either in their prime or a little past it, and the time is now for them to take advantage of yet another down season for the rest of the conference. The Cavaliers new Big 3 should be a force for years to come, but as with LeBron's last super-team it may be where the first year will be the time to get them. The Bulls pose the biggest threat to do just that.

Best Case Scenario: 63-19
    Worst Case Scenario: 49-33
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:48 am

Cruzerr wrote:This presentation, wow. You truely have some skill with photoshop. I wish you luck with this project!

Thanks man! There's the last article. Games coming! :dance:
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Phil89 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:03 pm

Ezio Auditore wrote:
Phil89 wrote:Always loved your presentation on here, very classy. Hopefully Rose stays healthy and we can see your Bulls in the finals.

This is a transition year man! With Rose getting completely healthy again. I think I need another couple of pieces to really contend. And yeah, Westbrook ain't got nothing on me. :lol:

You have a great big man rotation and Rose obviously has the ability to play at an MVP level. Maybe you just need a Ray Allen type to be the final piece of the puzzle to get you to the finals.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Lamrock on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:25 pm

Ezio is a good pick for GM. Daryl Morey also got his start as a 15th century assassin as well!
Lamrock

Postby Martti. on Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:35 am

You can win it all if everyone's healthy.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Murat on Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:43 am

If I recall correctly, your last association was successful.

Agree with other users here, you are the boss at presentation.

This section missed you, Thierry.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

▲ Breaking Bull ▼ All Access (3-0) [3-0]

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:05 am

ImageImageImageImage

Pau Gasol was able to shine in his first game with the Chicago Bulls. The Spaniard put on a clinic and registered 20 points and six rebounds, while Derrick Rose showed some flashes of his old self as Chicago dominated in a 114-98 victory over the New York Knicks, in the season opener for both teams. The Bulls had six players score in double figures, shooting 52 percent (46-of-88). "It feels pretty good when all the balls are going in and everybody is getting touches," said Rose, who had 14 points and ten assists but shot 4-of-11. "That is what we strive for as a team." Mike Dunleavy scored 10 of his 14 points before intermission as the Bulls raced to a 68-53 lead, while Gasol posted 14 of his 20 after that. Jimmy Butler was everywhere tonight with 10 points, 10 rebounds, seven dimes and five of the Bulls' 11 steals. "We opened the game up on both ends of the floor right from the beginning and that helped us get the win," said Butler. "We got into a rhythm early and did what we do best." In their NBA debuts, Nikola Mirotic notched in 17 points while Doug McDermott, the nation's leading scorer at Creighton last season, had seven. "If I played good, it's because we played great," Mirotic said. "We were consistent and it's a perfect way to start our year." Taj Gibson added 14 as he shot a combined 15-of-26 with Mirotic.

"It wasn't just a quarter," Carmelo Anthony said. "It was probably a full half of them having a lot of energy a lot of life and moving the ball around. They got a bunch of guys who can shoot the ball and we didn't have much response." Anthony was the lone bright spot for the hosts, connecting on 6-of-10 shots, including both of his 3-point attempts. J.R. Smith scored 14 points and Amar'e Stoudemire added 13, as the Knicks also shot 50 percent or better (33-of-66). "They just came out and jumped on us and it just carried over for the rest of the game," Smith said. "Against a team like that, you can't really make that many defensive mistakes." Andrea Bargnani led a charge by New York's bench in the fourth, but it was not enough as he finished with 11 points. Iman Shumpert shot just 2-of-10 for five points. "I think we've forgotten who we are," added Knicks head coach Derek Fisher, whose team allowed the Bulls to lead by as many as 29 and have 32 assists. "I've got to try to get the guys back to defending because we're trying to outscore teams and they steamroll us." On the other hand, Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau didn't want to talk much about the Bulls' attempt to sign Anthony over the summer, saying both sides had moved on.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

ImageImageImageImage

It was vintage Derrick Rose, with the ball swinging from one side of the field to the other, and the former MVP coming off a pick-and-roll to enter the paint and lay-up the ball. Rose shot 10-of-15 from the field, making his way for 22 points and another ten assists as the Chicago Bulls controlled the pace of the game through the entire night, beating the boosted Cleveland Cavaliers 110-101 on Thursday night. Pau Gasol had 14 points and Jimmy Butler notched in 13 for the Bulls, but it was Rose that carried the team during the game's key minutes. Still not at a 100 percent healthy, he looked like the one with the freshest legs when the game was on the line, but will miss the game against Minnesota this Saturday because of a sore wrist. "Not my knees, you can be sure of that," Rose joked. "You look at the shots I made, but every time somebody found me to make them." The Bulls were 6-for-10 from 3-point territory, with Aaron Brooks and Mike Dunleavy sinking two apiece. Reserves Doug McDermott had 12 points and Nikola Mirotic added nine. "Nikola has been great," said Gasol of Mirotic. "Only two games in, my hat is off to him. He always finds the way to take part in the offense and his defense is nothing less of stellar."

Mirotic was given the task of defending new Cavalier Kevin Love and did it perfectly, as the former Timberwolf didn't shoot in his presence. Love was limited to seven field goal attempts for 14 points; Gasol and Taj Gibson didn't stay away from him either. Kyrie Irving led Cleveland with a game-high 35 points, five rebounds and six assists, while LeBron James posted 21. "It was tough in the first half, we were able to come back but we couldn't get any real close," said Irving. "Down the stretch, you've got to make the right plays or you don't have a chance, especially against Chicago." The Cavaliers had 20 fast break points and won the glass battle at 48-37 (thanks to 13 offensive boards), but they couldn't make a 3-pointer and their bench was outscored 44-12. "I didn't like our start at all," Cavs head coach David Blatt said. "I didn't like our control or the way we tried to execute our offense. There are some little things that we have to do better.'' Anderson Varejao had a double-double for the visitors with 13 and 15, as Shawn Marion and Dion Waiters combined for a 4-of-14 shooting night. "We shot the ball horrendously from the 3-point line or we didn't shoot it at all," Waiters said. "A lot of that was desperation."
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

ImageImageImageImage

It didn't take Jimmy Butler very long to go back for his former self. Shaking off any questions of a lingering thumb injury he suffered in the preseason, he has played 30+ minutes in all three games so far and ran the floor smoothly tonight. With Derrick Rose in street clothes, Butler scored 10 straight points -- including two 3-pointers -- to close the third quarter, on his way for 28 points in 12-of-14 shooting, to go with nine rebounds and eight assists. "I couldn't be happier," said the swingman after leading the Chicago Bulls to a 109-92 victory over Minnesota. "I wasn't really expecting to be as effective as I was. I just played and had fun tonight." Pau Gasol recorded his first double-double as a Bull with 17 points and 11 rebounds, while Kirk Hinrich took Rose's place in the lineup and finished with 15 points, nine assists and three steals. Chicago outscored the Wolves in the paint, 36-26 and also outrebounded them, 46-36. "He set the tone," Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau said of Butler. "But he's been feeling it coming lately. He didn't see nothing but the basket, and it was getting bigger and bigger for him." On the other hand, with six points each, Joakim Noah, reigning Defensive Player of the Year, has yet to crack the 10-point milestone, while Taj Gibson picked up his sixth foul early in the fourth quarter.

"Their depth is definitely their biggest strength," Thaddeus Young said of the Bulls. "You're competing hard, and these guys are hardly breaking a sweat because they're so comfortable in running their gameplan." Young shot 4-of-11 for 11 points as the only bright spots for Minnesota were the late play of Kevin Martin, who scored 14 of his 18 points in the second half; Mo Williams off the bench (16), and the early statline of Nikola Pekovic, with 9 of his 11 before halftime, but becoming invisible after that. "I haven't really been shooting that much," Pekovic said. "Some of their key players stepped up for them and made the shots that we didn't make." Trailing 51-42 at intermission, the Timberwolves couldn't keep up with the length of the Bulls, who opened up with a 13-3 run that pushed the game out of reach. The Bulls led by as many as 22 points and Gorgui Dieng might have thrown up a white towel, scoreless in 16 minutes. "We have a lot of young players and I think they showed some heart and some pride," Wolves head coach Flip Saunders said. "We weren't making shots, but I thought we were playing pretty hard." First-overall picks Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett weren't much better, shaking their heads in disbelief with every jumper by Butler; Bennett shot 0-of-5 while Wiggins was 2-of-7.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:06 am

Lamrock wrote:Ezio is a good pick for GM. Daryl Morey also got his start as a 15th century assassin as well!

It's a different timeline. :lol:

Martti. wrote:You can win it all if everyone's healthy.

If everyone's healthy, then yes, we do have a shot. But Derrick went down already!

Murat wrote:If I recall correctly, your last association was successful.

Agree with other users here, you are the boss at presentation.

This section missed you, Thierry.

Yeah my Spurs were really successful. Thanks man, I wouldn't say this section missed me, let's see what happens with this. (Y)
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Martti. on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:14 pm

Excellent presentation as always and a great start. D-Rose can afford sitting out games, the Bulls are very deep.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Kevin on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:47 pm

The presentation....dude. :drool: :drool:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood