A New Hope: LA Clippers 2009-10.

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Pierce sign with Wizards

Postby RMJH4 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:37 am

Wizards snatch and grab Paul Pierce

After a short stay in Brooklyn, Paul Pierce is heading to the Washington Wizards.

Sources close to the process told ESPN.com on Saturday that Pierce has committed to sign a two-year, $11 million deal with the Wizards, who moved swiftly to find a title-tested replacement for Trevor Ariza after Ariza struck an agreement earlier in the day to join the Houston Rockets.

The contract, sources said, has a player option after this season that will allow Pierce, 36, to return to free agency next summer if he chooses.

The short-term nature of the deal, meanwhile, could help Washington preserve some flexibility for its dream scenario of pursuing DC native Kevin Durant when the current Oklahoma City Thunder star is scheduled to be a free agent in the summer of 2016.

Pierce was almost signed and traded to OKC along with Kevin Garnett and Deron Williams. Pierce wanted to play for a contender and seemingly realised the Brooklyn Nets were not going to contend so switched area codes for Washington. This is a direct shot at the Nets who mortgaged their future on a big trade last year, and it clearly hasn't worked out. Its up to new GM Ronnie Hobbs to continue to reshape the roster as all the cards start to fall.
Last edited by RMJH4 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

A visit from an old friend!

Postby RMJH4 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:57 am

Come on in. This place is a helluva lot nicer than Continental Airlines Arena..

"Wow your right Ronnie, its awesome in here."said Marbury

"I told you. Its about time you finally got a look in here. Thanks for making the effort man." said Hobbs

"Yeah Its just as nice as KG said. Pity Paul is after leaving, would have been nice to catch up today!"said Marbury

"Thats the business unfortunately Steph. I didnt want to lose him, but he had his mind set up on leaving here." said Hobbs

Yeah thats the way the cookie crumbles my man, I suppose you are going to learn that the hard way." said Marbury

"Yeah I haven't got the midas touch yet, got to work the phones and reshape the roster pretty darn quickly." said Hobbs

Well yeah but all is not lost yet. You still have my main man KG." said Marbury

"So you pretty settled in China or whats the plan this year?" said Hobbs

"Well we won it all again this year, a little easier than I thought too. Our roster doesn't fit properly anymore though. I think we've hit a road block in that we have very little youth coming through. I havent re-upped for this season yet" said Marbury

"Well with all the great media coverage out there players are leaving here by the busloads. Did you hear Emmanuel Mudiay just signed for Guangdong? I didn't expect that. But it might happen more often now. Unless the D-League improves its salaries." said Hobbs

"Yeah its a major coup alright, he can light it up out there next season. I think guys like me are well past it when I see his highlights." said Marbury

"Well I dont think so Steph. You're still putting up impressive numbers and being the floor general on a nightly basis. There ain't many guys left like that stateside" said Hobbs

"Well i'm not sure. I'd have to think about that. I think there are mostly athletic points that don't have such a great feel for the game now. Apart from maybe Steve or young Linsanity." said Marbury

"Well Lionel and I are thinking of playing Deron at the 2 this season. On offense mainly, and taking the point on defense." said Hobbs

"Sounds like a plan alright. Jarrett starting on the point then? Man that's an enviable position. Deron on one wing, Joe on the other, Big Bad Brook down low. Dime city for the point guards" said Marbury

"I think thats our best option. We'll ride it out with that and see where it takes us. We sure could do with an experienced floor general to back Jarrett up" said Hobbs

"Hmm I see where you're going with this Ronnie, Its very intriguing, but i'd have a lot of uprooting to do. I'm not sure a 37 year old point guard can cut it in the NBA anymore" said Marbury

"Hey why not! Listen Steph, think it over. You've got my number. If Steve Nash can, you can. We'd like to have you here, in a playing and coaching role. Lionel is intrigued with adding you to his staff as a minimum, but would like your on-court presence too. I've had some time to think about what direction I'd like to take this roster and talked it over with Mikhail. We need to establish a new culture and identity. Bringing back a hometown here like you would help establish that identity and culture. " said Hobbs

"OK I'll think this through at home Ronnie. Keep it quiet, I could take some backlash from this one at home! You thinking about some other Brookylnites or New Yorkers?!" said Marbury

"Bit of both, some guys with roots here can really help the fans get more involved. Cheers Steph." said Hobbs
Last edited by RMJH4 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Brooklyns Finest Returns

Postby RMJH4 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:28 am

Brooklyns Finest Returns - Nets sign Marbury

From right out of left field, new Brooklyn Nets GM Ronnie Hobbs has signed former Nets Point Guard Stephon Marbury. Marbury now 37 played with the Nets from 1999 - 2001. He will go down as one of the top Nets point guards of all time. And may make the hall of fame one day. But after playing in China for the last 4 years, everyone thought he had his last run in the NBA with KG, Paul Pierce and the Celtics in 2009. He went on to win 2 CBA titles with the Beijing Ducks in 2012 and last season 2014. he was acknowledged as one of the top players in the league last season as he earned his 4th consecutive CBA All Star Selection.

Marbury had only one year ago stated how happy he was in China, and has convinced numerous former NBA stars to now ply their trade in the CBA. Much touted 2015 NBA Draft prospect Emmanuel Mudiay has just recently signed with Guangdong. A sign of the growing reputation of the league. But something has changed his mind. The deal is only for one year at the veterans mimimum, so it could be a temporary break from China. But Marbury may be added to the Lionel Hollins coaching staff for the upcoming season too.

Heres my 2 cents on what may have been a factor in Marbury giving the NBA a second and final shot.

-A brand spanking new Barclays Center. Which is located where? In Marbury's home town Brooklyn. Home town hero.

- After Jason Kidds messy exit from the Nets this summer, Marbury may have seen an opportunity to be more fondly remembered in the Nets folklore, and perhaps get his jersey retired in Brooklyn. Kidd and Marbury were two of the best in Nets history. Imagine a scene at center court, similar to the start of last season, only this time, Jason Kidds #5 uniform is lowered from the rafters and Marburys #33 is raised in its place? #WOW. Way to get back at J-Kidd. Wont happen though. I think.

Marbury has got to be a solid vet off the bench. From all of us here at Hang Time Blog, dont muck it up. Play solid minutes, dish some dimes and forever go down as one of the Nets and leagues best point guards. Fingers crossed for ya Starbury.

Last edited by RMJH4 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Garnett exits Brooklyn

Postby RMJH4 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:50 am

Garnett signs off on homecoming to Chicago

Right after the shockwave of losing Paul Pierce to Washington, the Nets have sent Kevin Garnett back home to Chicago. He returns to the city he grew up in, and reunites with former Celtic asst coach Tom Thibodeau. This might seem like a strange move for the Bulls as they just signed Pau Gasol. But it means the Bulls have one of the most decorated and experienced frontcourts in NBA history. Gasol, Noah and now Garnett will take on all comers and sets the Bulls up as favorites in the East.

However this may have been just as dominant if the Bulls kept Taj Gibson, who they have sent in exchange for Garnett. Gibson was born and bred in Brooklyn. He will be surprised and extremely disappointed to be traded from the Bulls, but heading home to Brooklyn may make up for it.

The Bulls wanted some depth, and they added Kirilenko to the trade, in exchange for unproven rookie Doug McDermott. A reasonable trade off for both teams. The Bulls push further into contention, the Nets, well reshuffle the deck, get younger and shave a bit off salary off. They do add a Brooklynite too hot on the heels of signing Stephon Marbury. The Nets could have one of the most athletic frontcourts in the NBA this season (Brook Lopez aside...) in Gibson, Plumlee and McAdoo. Lob City East?!

Brooklyn Nets Trade:
Kevin Garnett
Andrei Kirilenko
Bucks 2nd Rd Pick 2015

Chicago Bulls Trade:
Taj Gibson
Doug McDermott
Last edited by RMJH4 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Depth Chart after Meeting with Lionel Hollins

Postby RMJH4 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:00 am

PG - J. Jack
SG - D. Williams
SF - J. Johnson
PF - T. Gibson
C - B. Lopez

6th Man - M. Plumlee

7- M. Teletovic
8- S. Marbury
9 - M. Brown
10 - D. McDermott
11 - S. Karasev
12 - J. McAdoo
Last edited by RMJH4 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Nets new Players 2014-15

Postby RMJH4 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:19 am

Brooklyn Nets New Players Photoshoot

Last edited by RMJH4 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Paul George Breaks Leg

Postby RMJH4 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:39 am

Paul George Breaks Leg in USA Scrimmage

Indiana Pacers Paul George has suffered a blood curdling leg break while in action for the US national team.

The All-Star, who was picked for the game on Friday, leaped to contest a fast-break layup with James Harden and smashed his leg into the bottom of the backboard stanchion.

George was immediately assisted by trainers as the game was stopped for 10 minutes for him to receive attention before he was eventually stretchered off.

Team-mates of the injured player were visible upset and the game was called off after the incident out of respect for the player.

USA Basketball chairman, Jerry Colangelo, said: "This is a first for us in USA Basketball, to have something like this take place.

"It's a tough situation for our entire organization, the coaches, the players. Very, very emotional. There's no way the game could have gone on under the circumstances."

The injury is all too similar to Kevin Wares horrific leg break last year, and Shaun Livingston leg break all those years ago. It looks like at least 12 months recovery time for George now, and that certainly knocks the Pacers out of contention, and maybe out of the playoffs too.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Re: #Winningtime. Nets sign Brooklyns Marbury!

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:26 am

You really put a lot of work into this story and presentation.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood