Kevin Parker| Journey to the NBA

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Kevin Parker| Journey to the NBA

Postby Kevin on Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:25 pm

BIO:
Name: Kevin Parker
Nickname: "Flash"
Birthdate: November 29,1994
Height: 6'5
Weight: 210 lbs
Position: Point Guard
Play Style: Athletic
Overall: 64
Position Rank: 103rd
NBA Rank: 403rd
Drafted by: Indiana Pacers (2013-2014 season)
Target team to go to: Los Angeles Lakers
Last edited by Kevin on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Kevin Parker| Journey to the NBA

Postby Kevin on Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:26 pm

Chapter 1
Episodes:
1.Enjoying it while it's still there
2.The Flight

3.Having Fun
4.Running like the WIND

5.Update
6.Draft Combine Results
7.Calls
8.Minnesota Timberwolves Interview
9.Indiana Pacers Interview
10.Oklahoma City Thunder Interview
11.Commercial
12.I GOT PICKED!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 2
Episodes:
Last edited by Kevin on Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:26 pm

Last edited by Kevin on Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:38 pm

Enjoying it while it's still there

Hey guys, Kevin here.

So as you may all know, I’ve been cleared to enter this year’s NBA draft and also, I’ll be attending the Draft Combine for scouts to see and know my talents and also for "professionals" to train me to be the best.

Right now, I’m still what you call a “Prospect” as the team’s scouts are still doing their thing with me and my past stats.

Anyways, since I’m going to be here in Canada for only 1 week before I go to US, I decided to play with soon-to-be drafted players from Canada!

So, we decided to play pick-up with our own Kyle Lowry and played a 2v2 half-court game. Me and Kelly (Olynyk) won while we defeated Kyle (Lowry) and Anthony (Bennett)! It was a blast.

This is it for now guys, see ya!

Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:31 pm

5 DAYS LATER
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:31 pm

The Flight

Feels like years but it’s been a couple of days since I’ve made an update for you guys. Honestly, I’m not doing anything interesting except working out (which is not interesting or fun at all).

Meanwhile, the media is starting to stalk me while working out outside. I’ve seen pictures of me in sports websites when I was playing pick-up, I also read their comments and the support is really fantastic. I read the comment and this guy is saying that I can be one of the greats if I work hard enough.

I guess, they are noticing me now? Lol, I hope so.

So anyways, yeah this is my last day here in Canada and I’ve packed up all of my things. I’ve got my tickets, my wallet and of course the NBA letter/card invitation thingy.

My flight will be in 10:00 AM so we’ll probably land there in 11:30-ish. I hope to see you guys there.
Bye!
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:12 pm

Just dropping by to say that I've been drafted by a great team but I wont be posting anytime soon. Maybe after 3 days
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:32 pm

The Arrival

Hey guys, Kevin here. We just landed here in New York and will soon be taking the bus to make our way to the Draft Combine GYM near the Rose Garden where we'll work-out and train our asses off in one week and will be drafted this June 27.

I'm still not sure wether I'd be drafted this year. I mean look at this draft class, its full of guards that can defend and shoot at the same time, but me, I dont even know what I can do now. It feels like the criticism is tearing me apart. I guess this is how it feels like when you're in the big spotlight.

Anyways, I am glad I'm still alive. Thanks for you guys who tweeted me to have a safe flight and although my head is aching like hell, I'll be sure to answer y'all in twitter or somewhere. Just post or tweet me your questions or concerns.

See you guys later!

Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:48 pm

THE NEXT DAY
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:16 pm

Having Fun

Whats up, guys!

So as you guys may have already known via the social media, me and my other canadian rooks played a pick-up game in a random park where there were no "bullies" around. (Yes, laugh at us. HA-HA-HA)

Anyways, it was a 2v1 game with me and Kelly playing with each other while my man, Anthony Bennett who by the way is projected to be the nuber one pick in this years draft, played with only himself. It was a fun game but me and Kelly are simply unstoppable, we scored 21 points waaaaaaay even before Ant scored 4.

We had fun, we laughed and talked about the big stage, the spotlight, the game, the teams we want ourselves to get in, and our plans going ahead after we get drafted.

It was like we weren't bothered by the fact that the scouts would be all over us tomorrow, with their very big notebooks, countless stat papers from our past games in college and a whole lot of pencils and walkie-talkies.

I'm sure its going to be a wonderful day in practice tomorrow. I mean, I hope so. I just don't like embarassing myself and maybe my country the way I will participate in the Combine.

Hope you guys would be there and cheer for me. BYE!
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:17 pm

Had fun with my bros! It was a blast! @AnthonyBennett @KellyOlynyk
#WeTheKings #CanadianPride #MediaPic

Last edited by Kevin on Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:39 am

Shuttle Run Report

Welcome basketball fans, today we look at the results of this year's Shuttle Run Drill performed by this year's draft class.

We went ahead and picked up the TOP 10 rookies that came up with the lowest Shuttle Run Time.

In first place, we have Cody Zeller. Zeller has surprised us basketball fans with his ability to change his direction and momentum quickly, also knowing that he is a Center is just plain awesome for a guy with that height and balance.

In second place, we have our newcomer Kevin Parker! Parker has the second best shuttle run time with 2.70. He is also becoming a great prospect for teams who need an athletic point guard with the way he is showcasing his talents here in the Combine.

In 3rd, came Mason Plumlee who had 2.76 record. He is also a Center just like Cody Zeller, both have been showcasing their talents gracefully in this Combine.

So far, the rookies are promising and is projected to be a deep one for guards and centers. We will keep you updated here in our site as we regularly monitor the player and the scout's blogs to collect useful information.

Stay tuned, America.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:49 am

Running like the WIND

So, hey guys Kevin here.

We just finished our workouts and draft measurements and it has been fun. All of my fellow rookies that I talked to are all friendly and very supportive on each other, cheering at others when they perform a certain drill or whatever.

I feel kind of sad, thinking that Ant(thony Bennett) can't join me and Kelly here in the Combine. It's great here and I've seen some of you guys cheering along the stands.

Anyways, this day we had the Shuttle Run Drill where we do this crazy stuff and just turn directions and balance and all that. And you may not believe it but, I finished second! I came before that tall guy Cody who had long legs and was so fast in doing the drill, like he was just a blur. So, I finished with 2.70s flat while he had 2.69, I mean damn that's close.

I just really want to thank you guys for supporting me until here and I hope you guys would stay and stick with me and read my blogs as I would be doing this to "document" my life in the NBA.

See you guys!
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:54 am

Made a name for myself! XD Combine is so fun with awesome trainers to work with.

#HereICome #ImtheWind #WeCanDoThis #TeamElites

Last edited by Kevin on Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby unitas9 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:45 am

KevinParker13 wrote:[i]Hey guys, so since nobody is interested in sharing their My Player stories in this forums (last time I read one was Andrew's) so I decided to make one.

I'm offended :x (see below)

JK, I'll be following. good luck at the combine!
"One Goal-- Jack Walker's NBA Journey"

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=94589
unitas9

Postby Kevin on Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:20 pm

Oh my god, I forgot about your story. :oops: :oops: Anyways, thanks man :D :D
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:09 am

Lane Agility Report

Good evening, basketball fans and welcome to the NBA DRAFT ANALYSIS where we analyze and talk about what is going on with this year’s draft.

Today, our rookies performed the Lane Agility Drill which measures how a player moves around the key, using forward sprinting, side-to-side shuffling and backpedalling to navigate cones placed around the key.

Coming first in this drill is the Canadian point guard, Kevin Parker, he finished with 10.19s. Parker has been ringing the alarm of the scouts these past days as he has shown his talents here in the Combine. We will surely keep an eye out for him.

Second place goes to Vander Blue, also an unknown prospect in this draft and is a shooting guard.

In third, we have Peyton Siva, who is projected to be the picked by the Detroit Pistons this year.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:11 am

Proud of myself because I finished first in the #LaneAgilityDrill . This Combine is so fun!
#FirstPlace #TheySeeMeRollin #Flash

Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:45 pm

Standing Vertical Leap

Good evening, basketball fans! We wrap up our Draft Combine with the last drill, the Standing Vertical Leap. It wasn’t a disappointing result for the draft prospects as they produced legit results with Cody Zeller, a Center finished with 35.50 inches.

Result:

First place goes to Cody Zeller who recorded 35.50 inches. Next up is Shane Larkin, a promising point guard. He seems to be raising the Mavs’ eyebrows in this particular drill. In third, we have another point guard, Kevin Parker. Parker recorded 34.25 inches in this drill.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:48 pm

Jgh from the Combine GYM. Finished 3rd! I could've done a better job but I got rattled. Anyways, see you guys in 3 days for the NBA DRAFT! Also, this media pic tho!
#HereICome #Superman #Combine #NBADRAFT

Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:57 pm

UPDATE

Hey guys, I haven't updated y'all on what's been happening to me these past couple of days.But some of you may already know it because of my tweets but lately, I finished 3rd in the standing vertical leap drill, 2ns in the shuttle run drill and fortunately, came out first in the lane agility drill.

So as you may all know, coaches and scouts have been, well, scouting me. I've also been invited by multiple teams to workout with like the Timberwolves and Pacers. They seem to be interested in my talents?

Anyways, its been a busy week for me that's why I was not able to update you guys like I always do.

That's it for now guys! Make sure you check me out on the NBA MOCK DRAFT and of course in the NBA DRAFT.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:36 am

Draft Combine Results

How's it going guys! We have just finished playing in our last game in the Combine GYM but this time, our performance relies on our future.

The game was back and forth and the fans seem to like it as they cheered for every shot we make. It was hard but fun and we all enjoyed it, but what made me happy today is the fact that we won with a comeback win in the fourth quarter with 3 minutes left in the game. Zeller and I were unstoppable. He pulled down literally all the rebounds and passed every outlet pass to me, making it easier for me to see my teammates cutting to the basket. We ended the game with handshakes and congratulations.

I finished with 29 points, 7 assists, 4 steals and 2 blocks with only 20 minutes of playing time.

I hope you guys will watch the NBA DRAFT tomorrow and don't forget to check ESPN's NBA 2013 MOCK DRAFT as they predict which team is going to pick who.

Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Lamrock on Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:43 am

Is the Draft Combine a mod or just something you came up with?
Lamrock

Postby Kevin on Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:45 am

Its just the Rookie Showcase but I made a custom floor and arena for it. :D
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:47 am

NBA MOCK DRAFT

Good morning, basketball fans! Last night, we wrapped up this year’s NBA DRAFT COMBINE where we had a chance to meet, see and interview upcoming league superstars as they performed straining drills and gave their best to impress the scouts. So, as the Draft Combine ended we like to share to you what we think would be the results of this year’s draft.

1st pick: Nerlens Noel |Kentucky | 7 ft. |219 lbs.| C

Analysis:
Noel has been my top pick in every mock from 1.0 to 7.0. The Cavs, however, have yet to tip their hand. Various theories about Cleveland's attachment to Noel, Alex Len, Anthony Bennett, Ben McLemore, Otto Porter and Victor Oladipo abound.
Here's what I know as of midnight Wednesday evening.
The Cavs' top option is to trade the No. 1 overall pick for a combination of a veteran plus a 2014 first-round pick. If they can pull that off, they'll move the pick. If they can't, they'll keep attempting to move whoever they draft until all their options have been exercised.

2nd pick: Victor Oladipo |Indiana | 6-4 ft. |213 lbs.| SG

Analysis: I continue to hear that if the Cavs pass on Noel, the Magic are leaning strongly toward selecting Noel with the No. 2 pick in the draft.
If Noel is off the board? Things get a little tougher. Some favor Oladipo. Others McLemore. While McLemore is a stronger offensive player, Oladipo's defense and his crazy motor hold a strong appeal for the Magic. Culture matters in Orlando and I think Oladipo trumps McLemore by an edge.

3rd pick: Otto Porter| Georgetown| 6-9 ft.| 198 lbs.| SF

Analysis
: The constant that was Otto Porter has become less constant as several reports claim the Wizards now favor Anthony Bennett. I've heard both from inside the Wizards. Clearly, like most front offices in the league right now, there are two different factions. I continue to hear that Porter is the safer pick and better fits the team's culture and they will lean that way.

……………….

23rd pick: Kevin Parker| Canada| 6-4 ft.| 210 lbs.| PG
Analysis:
I’ve been surprised with this kid’s talent. He has tremendous athletic ability. He is fast, agile and his leaping ability is just outstanding.

He was, a month ago, not well known by people but he is surely turning heads in the Draft Combine. Parker was projected to be a 2nd rounder but because of his latest performance, he is surely going to go in the late 1st round. It will also probably benefit the Pacers as they continue to find the right point guard to go along with Stephenson and George. He scored 29 points, 7 assists , 4 steals and 2 blocks. Making him one of the best defenders in this year’s draft.

Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood