The Rise | Max Kennedy | 2k14 (PC)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

The Rise | Max Kennedy | 2k14 (PC)

Postby maxime86 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:08 pm

My last story was really bad, not gonna lie, but I think I'm ready to take this story for a long run, but please comment as I need feedback

The Rise

Episodes

Season 1

Episode NumberEpisode NameURL
Episode 1"The Start"Click Here
Episode 2"Hello"Click Here
Episode 3"The Team"Click Here
Episode 4"Preview"Click Here
Episode 5"Practice Tales"Click Here
Episode 6Vs. MilpitasClick Here
Episode 7“Milpitas game reaction "Click Here
Episode 8Vs. De La SalleClick Here
Episode 9"Been a While"Click Here
Episode 10December Wrap-UpClick Here
Episode 11"Live From the Hospital"Click Here

Ep. 1 "The Start"

Not quick enough.....Not fast enough.....can't pass.....no ability
All of you guys have told me this all my life, but now I'll show you

This is my journey, my quest to be the best, this is what I was born to do

Last edited by maxime86 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 12 times in total.
maxime86

Re: The Rise | Max Kennedy | 2k14 (PC)

Postby maxime86 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:46 pm

Ep. 2 "Hello"

I'm Max Kennedy, I am a high school student, a junior to be exact.
I'm on the varsity Basketball team as well as the varsity Volleyball team

This is the blog of my life

maxime86

Postby maxime86 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:53 pm

Ep. 3 "The Team"

Again, I'm max kennedy, I'm the varsity point guard here at cupertino high school and I decided to start this blog as want to be a journalist after collage

This team's quest = State champions

Here's our little team preview which was writen by our school newspaper:

Guards:
Max Kenneedy (6'2)- The star of the team, a top talent and has been highly scouted even though he is still a junior, probably the best player to attend cupertino high since Kurt Rambis
Darren Hyde (6'3) - The closer, the leader of the team. He struggles with his shot, but he can always get to the hoop or to the line with his speed/strength

Fowards:
Ivan Turner (6'6) - The team's deffensive stopper, he can annoy the heck outta any player, on the offensive end, he can drain threes all day
Carey Brewer (6'3) - Although he is extreamly small for his position, he plays like he's half a foot taller the what he is

Centers:
Shelton Noel (6'9) - The youngster, even though he's only a sophomore he's 6'9, incredible deffensive abillity + speed

Its really too bad they didnt talk about our bench, because we've got some guys who can really light it up, well thats it for now, see you guys later

Last edited by maxime86 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
maxime86

Postby maxime86 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:47 am

Ep. 4 "Preview"

This season is bound to be a great one, here’s our schedule for the whole season

Dates Times Opponent Location
Dec. 4 6:30 Milpitas Milpitas
Dec. 6 5:30 De la Salle Cupertino
Dec.10 5:30 Westchester Cupertino
Dec.11 7:00 Prospect Prospect
Dec. 14 12:30 Santa Cruz Santa Cruz
Dec.17 5:30 Willow Glen Willow Glen
Dec.19 4:30 Gilroy High Gilroy
Dec. 21 6:30 Santa Clara Cupertino
Dec. 27 4:00 Lynbrook Cupertino
Dec.30 5:30 Newark HS Newark HS
Jan.3 4:30 Eastside HS Eastside HS
Jan.8 5:30 Monta Vista Monta Vista
Jan.10 7:45 Mountain View Mountain View
Jan.15 5:30 Kings Academy Cupertino
Jan.17 7:45 Mission San Jose Cupertino
Jan.24 7:45 Hillsdale High Cupertino
Jan.29 5:30 Saint Francis Saint Francis
Jan.31 7:45 Saratoga Cupertino
Feb.5 5:30 Palo Alto Palo Alto
Feb.7 7:45 Wilcox Cupertino
Feb.9 7:45 Mills High Mills High
Feb.14 7:45 Los Gatos Los Gatos
Feb.16 7:45 Independence Cupertino
Feb.18 5:30 Burlingame Cupertino
Feb.19 5:30 Homestead Homestead
Feb.21 7:45 Belarmine Belermine High
Feb.23 4:30 Fremont High Cupertino
Feb.24 5:30 Gunn High Cupertino

We play many teams who are going to be fighting for the state championships this season, we're gonna have to pull out all the stops to beat them

Last edited by maxime86 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
maxime86

Postby maxime86 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:43 am

Ep. 5 “Practice Tales "

fantastic just fantastic
So our had a little family problem and won’t be here for a week or two

But that’s not the problem that I’m pissed about, (I mean I wish him the best and I love coach but yea)

But I told assistant coach yesterday that I was gonna be late for practice because I had a volleyball tournament
So I come to practice 30 minutes late, just like I said I would be, and coach tell me to run 30 laps around the gym which is about 4 miles.
I asked him “why?”
And he was like “If you wanna be a great player you have to be devoted to this sport:
I answered “this is the first time I’ve been late”
The he said “Okay, if you’re going to talk to your coach with that attitude then you might as well come off the bench until you learn some respect”
Then he told me to leave.
So I guess I’m coming off the bench for at least the first game.

Just perfect
maxime86

Postby maxime86 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:16 pm

Image Kennedy comes off the bench, leads comeback over Milpitas Image

The pioneers' first game of the season from the start, Max Kennedy, argueably the team's best player came off the bench with James Anderton starting in his place. By the time Kennedy checked into the game the first time with 4:30 left in the second quarter the score was already 16-26 for milpitas.

But it wasn't Kennedy's presance on the court that sparked the team, it was the play from Senior Preston David who was usually an end of the bench player. He hit 3 threes in a span of 2 minutes to help the pioneers' comeback.

At the end of the first the score was 22-32 and Milpitas' best player Josh Gowan had 12 points and 5 rebounds

It all went downhill from there for Milpitas, Shelton Noel held Gowan to 2 rebounds and 5 points the rest of the game, and kennedy went on a tear scoring 17 of his 19 points in the second half and tallying 5 assists and 3 rebounds in that second half.

going into the fourth it was 46-43 and milpitas was hold their lead.

Then it started going wrong for Cupertino, as Preston David missed 2 three's and Kennedy was not being gaurded tight and took open shots but missed over and over again.

Then Darren Hyde, the man who they turn to when they can't score, scored or assisted on 5 straight baskets to pull Cupertino ahead by 5, the score was 58-53 with 1 and half minutes left.

On the next posesion, Justin Gowan hit a three to pull milpitas within 3 points. They fouled Kennedy, our best free throw shooter, but Max only made 1 of 2.

56-59

on the next posession Avery Shelton finished over Noel to pull the score within 1

then Ivan turner threw the ball down court to shelton Noel for the easy two, that play brought Cupertino up by 3

But on the ensuing possesion, Braydon Best Commited the worst of his 4 turnovers by throwing the ball over Avery Shelton's head out of bounds.

Milpitas was forced to foul Kennedy again who made one of two free throws again butthe game was pretty much over

Justin Gowan hit his second of two threes at the buzzer to make the 62-61

maxime86

Postby maxime86 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:18 pm

Ep. 7 “Milpitas game reaction "

It was a good game I’m really happy we won, but it wasn’t exactly very well-played game as we had an extremely low shooting percentage and the first half we weren’t able to stop anyone down low.

But it was our first game of the season so I guess it’s okay that we were a bit rusty, however, we did get the baskets that we needed down the stretch

Oh and coach “informed me” that I was going back into the starting line-up against De La Salle, who are big favorites to go far in the state championships.

maxime86

Postby maxime86 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:07 am

Image Kennedy’s spectacular game makes up for Hyde’s no-show Image

Harrison Varner's dunk maybe the dunk of the year in the loss

This was one of the most looked forward to game of the year as two of the favorites for the state championships go head to head

From the start it seemed like it was going to be a great game as Harrison Varner and Max Kennedy were going back and forward during the whole first half

However, by half time Cupertino was leading at home by two

but in the third, Carey Brewer and James Anderton both went off tallying 18 of the 22 points that the pioneers scored in the third

Noel crashed the boards hard and kept De La Salle at bay in the paint

The rest of the game was just going back and forward but that third quarter was the difference

Scoring Leaders:
Kennedy (CUP): 31pts
Varner (DLS): 21

Rebounding Leaders:
Hibbert (DLS): 10rbs
Noel (CUP): 8rbs

Deffensive Leaders:
Brewer (CUP): 3blk, 2stl
George (DLS): 2stls, 1blk

maxime86

Postby maxime86 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:08 am

Ep. 9 “Been a While"

Two game have gone by since last time I posted a report here

First we took on Westchester where it was a close game throughout the whole game and going into the fourth we were down by three

But we just traded baskets in the fourth until the score was 55-54

Coach decided to Isolate Darren (hyde) on the left side and have some back side screen action for me

Hyde had scored our last 8 points and was on fire, but if you looked at that last shot you couldn’t tell, He broke their best player’s (Jose Wall’s) ankles and had a wide open shot at the free throw line but bricked it off the back rim,

The Day after, we were at Prospect, but it was fine as coach decided to rest Darren, Shelton and I for most of the second half because Jamaal (Franklin) and James (Anderton) were both killing it. As we easily won with a season high of 80 points

maxime86

Postby maxime86 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:18 pm

Ep. 10 December Wrap-Up

oof, time does really fly by quickly its already the end of december, but our we already have two losses against our Nine wins

Heres a little look around at the notable teams around our District:
Independence High: 7 - 3
Gunn High School: 7 - 3
Mission San Jose High: 6 - 2
Santa Cruz High: 7 - 4
Westchester High: 9 - 6

At the moment it seems that Gunn is our main enemy with their main man Jebarr James

Now let's get into the stats

League Leaders:

M.Kennedy (17.7) = Cupertino High School
J.James (17) = Gunn High
J.Live (16) = Mountain View High
R.Northwest (15.8) = Belarmine High

Points per game totals may seem very low but we are at pretty high level of collage basketball causing point total to be a bit low

Rebounds:
J.Live (9.8) = Mountain View high
J.McGil (9.3) = Leigh High
K.Perkins (9.3) = Newark Memorial High
M.Razel (9.1) = Willow Glen High
D.Bogut (8.9) = Belarmine High

Assists:

M.Kennedy (8.4) = Cupertino high
K.Lowis (7.9) = Mission San Jose High
T.Everet (7.6) = Los Gatos High
S.Nair (7.5) = Homestead High school
C.Saul (7.5) = Saratoga High

I guess I'm quite high on many some of the leader boards but its all from the help from my team mates (when they decided to show up to play) and coach's system

maxime86

Postby maxime86 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:22 pm

Ep.11 "Live From the Hospital

Well I guess the tittle says it all, I'm in the hospital.

I'm sure you guys are much more interested in my tell you what happened instead of me stating the obvious so here it goes:

Okay so we're playing at Mountain View who have Power Foward Jones Live, who has been tearing it up this year

well, I drove to the lane and I got past their points guard, but then two of their big guys were right there, but I tried to finish right over them, I went up for the layup, but as I landed my knee twisted and now I have a extended partial ligament tear in my knee, effectivally ruling me out for the next 6-8 weeks of action

Coach had someone set up some sort of streaming thing at the game after I left, so I got to watch Ivan Turner tear it up (like my knee), Turner's been great so far, hopefully he can emerge with me on the sidelines

maxime86

Postby Kenny on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:46 am

I really like the blog and recap format. I tried something similar in a previous story I did, but you seem to be handling it better.

You're starting off in high school too - that's a really ambitious move and I hope it works out. This could turn out to be one of the more unique stories on the board. Is Max going to get taller as he gets older? Because I think guys stop growing when they're 21 or something like that. It'd be a nice touch if he gets an inch or two taller when he gets to college.

Anyway, keep up the good work (y)
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby maxime86 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:28 pm

Kenny wrote:I really like the blog and recap format. I tried something similar in a previous story I did, but you seem to be handling it better.

You're starting off in high school too - that's a really ambitious move and I hope it works out. This could turn out to be one of the more unique stories on the board. Is Max going to get taller as he gets older? Because I think guys stop growing when they're 21 or something like that. It'd be a nice touch if he gets an inch or two taller when he gets to college.

Anyway, keep up the good work (y)

thanks, I actually got the format from someone else on another sports video game site

and yea, being in high school myself, I can relate to it more and it gives me a lot more motivation

an Max should grow as he heads on to collage

thanks!
maxime86

Postby maxime86 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:30 pm

Episodes
Season 2
Episode NumberEpisode NameURL
Episode 1"Rehab"Click Here
Episode 2???Click Here
Episode 3???Click Here
Episode 4???Click Here
Episode 5???Click Here
Episode 6???Click Here
Episode 7???Click Here
Episode 8???Click Here
Episode 9???Click Here
Episode 10???Click Here
Episode 11???Click Here

Ep. 1 "Rehab"

Hey guys im back

Last few weeks have been really hard and tiring, the teams been playing well though, but it bothers me when i watch, knowing that im not on the court with them.

Well, its time for me to get some rest, see you guys later

maxime86

Postby cricnewbye on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:35 pm

Hello, nice story. I'd like to know more info about the game itself though. Is this MyCareer mode? What Mod are you using? Difficulty level? Thanks and hope you'll keep it going.
cricnewbye

Postby TGsoGood on Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:00 pm

I like that you have incorporated the high school mod. I played a large role in creating that mod so I know many of the star players you are going up against. I love it. I also like that the post are not too lengthy. Good start to thread.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood