NBA 2K14 My Association, Chicago Bulls.

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

NBA 2K14 My Association, Chicago Bulls.

Postby Chicago231 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:00 pm

Yo guys I want to share my Association. Loving my team right now so here it is.

Chicago Bulls 2013-2014 season.
Superstar Mode.
Custom Sliders(to offset shot clock cheese, so the score will be realistic, offset rebounding cheese), got these sliders from IGN.
82 Game Season
Playoffs are all Best of Seven
12 Min Quarters
12 Min Simulated Quarters
I play all the games

My roster on the start of the season looks like this
PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Joakim Noah
6th: Taj Gibson
7th: Kirk Hinrich
8th: Mike Dunleavy
9th: Nazr Mohammed

Cap Space for 2014 Free Agency -3mil

So after December, the upcoming free agents of 2014 were available for viewing. The 2014 Free Agency is really stacked with great players. LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Luol Deng, Pau Gasol, Lance Stephenson and many big names. So I was thinking of trading for expiring contracts to make a splash at this free agency. So I explored my options, at first I wanted to get rid of Deng, but since he already had an expiring contract and his 3pt shooting is so deadeye when you master his shot, I explored other options. I wanted to trade Boozer for a good post up player with an expiring contract. So I went ahead and explored the whole NBA, Greg Monroe and Pau Gasol caught my eye so I came up ways to get them(they are good post up players and their contracts are expiring). Unfortunately, Greg Monroe and Pau Gasol were injured so I could not trade for them (Pau recovered on time but Monroe did not) so that left me with Pau Gasol. On the other hand I was frustrated with how Nazr Mohammed getting tired fast, and he does not jump for rebound when I smash the rebound button, So I traded him and a 2014 first round pick for Kyle O'Quinn and their 2014 first round pick (I don't know why they agreed! but Mohammed had a higher rating than O'Quinn. I also traded Marquis Teague for Jannero Pargo and a 2015 second round draft pick (did this to free cap space). Back to Boozer, I did not do anything drastic before the allstar break. I waited until the allstar break was over and explored my options. So after the allstar break and two days before the trade deadline, I went ahead and traded Carlos Boozer, Mike Dunleavy and the Magic's 2014 first round pick for Pau Gasol and Wesley Johnson (I traded Dunleavy to free up cap space, I traded the draft pick to sweeten the deal). So with all that here is the summary of my transactions.

Bulls Trade: Nazr Mohammed, 2014 1st Round Pick(Bulls)
Magic Trade: Kyle O'Quinn, 2014 1st Round Pick(Magic)

Bulls Trade: Marquis Teague, 2015 1st Round Pick(Bulls)
Bobcats Trade: Jannero Pargo, 2015 2nd Round Pick(Bobcats)

Bull Trade: Carlos Boozer, Mike Dunleavy, 2014 1st Round Pick(Magic)
Lakers Trade: Pau Gasol, Wesley Johnson

So here is my lineup right now

SG: Jimmy Butler
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Pau Gasol
7th: Kirk Hinrich
8th: Tony Snell
9th: Kyle O'Quinn
10th: Wesley Johnson

Draft Picks
2014 1st Round Draft Pick (Bulls)
2014 2nd Round Draft Pick (Bulls)
2015 2nd Round Draft Pick (Bulls)
2015 2nd Round Draft Pick (Bobcats)

Cap Space for 2014 Free Agency - 17Mil

My cap space won't allow me to sign a Max Player so I'm targeting Lance Stephenson (I like his potential and speed). He is currently not being used in the rotation of Indiana, his role is "Prospect" and he wants to test free agency. I'm planning to give him 15Mil, give him a starter role to attract him to us. I'm looking to resign Wesley Johnson and Pau Gasol. I'm gonna sign Johnson first for 2Mil as a role player, I'm gonna sign Pau Gasol for 10Mil (Bird rights give me the flexibility to sign him even if it exceeds the cap). I'll sign Kyle O'Quinn for the league minimum. What is important to me is that I get Lance Stephenson and resign Pau. So here is the lineup that will unfold if all goes to plan.

SG: Lance Stephenson
SF: Jimmy Butler
PF: Pau Gasol
7th: Kirk Hinrich (might walkout in FA so not guaranteed)
8th: Tony Snell
9th: Kyle O'Quinn (might walkout in FA so not guaranteed)
10th: Wesley Johnson (might walkout in FA so not guaranteed)

So there. Should I resign Deng and keep this core intact or should I go after Stephenson. Should I find another PF and let Pau walk or not? Please give me suggestions, all are welcome.

Right now I'm focused on winning the Championship. I really love this, specially the acquisition of Pau. We have the best record right now. 10th in rebounding, 13th in scoring, 1st in blocks and 1st in points allowed. I'm really eager to start the playoffs, also I'm curious to know if Stephenson develops to a great player.

I play motion offense by the way, no standing around, ball is always moving, a lot of pick and rolls/pick and pops, I always crash the boards hard which results in fast break situations for the opponent. I isolate and post whenever I have a bad possession (Rose/Gasol/Gibson). I like the pick and rolls/pop of Rose and Gasol (they have the Pick and Roll Maestro, and the Screen Outlet skills respectively)

Comments and suggestion guys! Please no trolling. Thanks for reading!
Chicago231

Re: NBA 2K14 My Association, Chicago Bulls.

Postby Chicago231 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:30 pm

I have changed my mind regarding the 2014 Free Agency. Stephenson has been static because of his injury, no development. I scouted him, kept my eyes on the potential and was disappointed with the results, only a C+.
So I took another look at that 2014 Free Agency pool. Three players caught my eye. These are Kawhi Leonard(team option), Avery Bradley and Eric Bledsoe. Kawhi has a 85 rating and a A- potential, but he has a team option so with that rating they'll probably keep him. Avery Bradley has a 79 rating, lockdown defender and has good shooting, his potential is at B so he is average on my watch. Eric Bledsoe on the other hand has a 83 rating. He has a A- potential, I played him on a quick game and he has good handles, fast and a good jumpshot but D Rose is already my PG. I'm planning on changing him to SG, getting Bledsoe also allows me to replace Kirk Hinrich too. He has my interest right now but that could change. Planning on signing him to 4 years, 11-15Mil annually. The three of them want to test free agency. Any suggestions about this guys?
Chicago231

Postby Spandex_ on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:05 pm

I think you got robbed at these trades:

"Bulls Trade: Marquis Teague, 2015 1st Round Pick(Bulls)
Bobcats Trade: Jannero Pargo, 2015 2nd Round Pick(Bobcats)

Bull Trade: Carlos Boozer, Mike Dunleavy, 2014 1st Round Pick(Magic)
Lakers Trade: Pau Gasol, Wesley Johnson"

Free agency is stacked but that doesn't mean you have to sell all your draft picks. The 2014 Draft Class is also stacked with Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid as the top 3 prospects not to mention Dante Exum, Marcus Smart and the others. You should have demanded a 1st round pick from Lakers and you should have tried to get a 2014 2nd Round Pick from the Bobcats.

This is only an idea. I'm not saying that you were wrong in your decisions but I'm just pointing out that it isn't wrong to demand more.
"The best has yet to come."

Spandex_
Mamba Mentaility

Postby Chicago231 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:37 am

Na I didn't use Custom Draft class. My association currently is auto generating rookies. Since I have Rose, Noah and Gibson entering their primes I didn't want to develop a core player. Maybe develop a role player/6th man but not someone in the starting five.

Transaction Update:
Bulls Trade: Marquis Teague
Bobcats Trade: Jannero Pargo

I didn't trade my draft pick that was a typo.
Chicago231

Postby Chicago231 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:43 am

Association Update.
Right Now I'm in the playoffs. Finished with the best record in the league (76-6), I'm looking to move up to Hall of Fame (if you take away the CPU's cheesing they don't have a way to win). Taj Gibson averaged 11.9 PPG and 7.9 RPG. I used him more on offense (with the help of Gasol and Noah's post playmaking ability)

Awards received:
Jimmy Butler: All Defense 1st Team
Derrick Rose: Allstar, All NBA 3rd Team
Taj Gibson: Sixth Man of the Year
Tom Thibodeau: Coach of the Year

We are currently facing the Brooklyn Nets (rematch of last year's playoffs), we are currently up 1-0. Started the game 20-3, finished 75-97
Chicago231

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood