The Seattle Hornets: The birth of a dynasty

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

The Seattle Hornets: The birth of a dynasty

Postby HoopDreams on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:40 am

settings
NBA 2k14, xbox 360. playing on all star, 7 minute quarters. Everything else is normal

Rebrand
On October 27th, two days before the 2012 season would be begin, Michael Jordan made an announcement that would shock the NBA world for a very long time. Jordan had decided that because the Bobcats needed a rebrand, he was also going to move the team. Charlotte fans cried out in anguish but Jordan had already made the decision. Seattle was finally going to have a team again. However, they would not be the supersonics. In an attempt to mix both franchises Jordan wanted to bring into the league, he created the Seattle Hornets. Boasting old school supersonics-esque green jerseys, the team seemed to have a bright future. After the draft, in which the hornets selected Cody Zeller, the team was ready to begin playing. Rich Cho, ex-GM of the Hornets chose to step down after the team was moved, and refused to comment to the media. Rich Cho's successor would be his intern, Eric Blair. Blair was a young GM, and was very excited to see what he could do with such a young team. Immediately, he hired Gary Payton to be the head coach.

When asked what style of play he wanted to bring to this team, Payton answered
"What I really want is to see guys doing everything they can. I want guards rebounding, I want big men passing, stuff like that. Hopefully I can help these young guys mature into great players that can win a championship for this great city."

Bad news

After the first week before the season started, Al Jefferson became very distant towards the media. A video surfaced on the internet of Jefferson in the locker room, screaming at rookie Cody Zeller for not working hard enough. It became very popular, and Jefferson was notably disgruntled. After a few weeks of Jefferson acting distant, he came out of the locker room looking very angry one day. A reporter asked him how things were and he simply blew up.
"I never should have signed that [expletive] contract! This [expletive] team doesn't know how to play a [expletive] game of basketball. Trade me! All you big guys up there managing this team, you see this? The locker room is awful, the rookies are trash, and you guys can't draft at all! Man, [expletive] this, i'm out."

Trade conversations were reportedly going on between the Bucks, the 76ers, and the Jazz.

3 team trade

A three team trade between the 76ers, Hornets, and Jazz has surfaced.

Hornets Give: Al Jefferson, Gerald Henderson, 2014 1st round pick, and Ben Gordon
76ers trade: 2014 first round pick, Nerlens Noel, and Daniel Orton
Jazz trade: 2014 first round pick, Richard Jefferson, and Brandon Rush

Hornets receive: Jazz 2014 1st rounder, 76ers 2014 first rounder, Nerlens Noel, Daniel Orton, and Richard Jefferson.
Jazz receive: Gerald Henderson, Ben Gordon
76ers Receive: Al Jefferson, Hornets 2014 first round pick, and Brandon Rush.

As Bill Simmons said it in a recent article: "The Jazz need to remove Dennis Lindsey from his position as fast as possible. The Jazz are not very talented, and just gave up a pick that could be in the lottery in one of the most talented drafts in the past couple decades. The Jazz got completely fleeced on this. A lot of people see Philly as the big winner in this deal, as they got a strong big man in Al Jefferson and a pick that will probably be in the lotto by draft season. To me though, the Hornets fleeced both teams. They got two 1st's in this amazing draft off of two bad teams, and a young prospect in Nerlens Noel. Daniel Orton will eat burgers on the sidelines while Richard Jefferson counts his money. Whoever has bad pictures of Dennis Lindsey must have really scared him to make this trade happen. cue jazz fans nodding"

Minor change

Hornets drop Daniel Orton, Pick up Terrence Williams on 2yr/6.04M deal.

Coach Payton accounced Williams would be starting at 2 guard, saying
"I think he has a lot to offer this team. He came in and has really meshed well with our group of guys, so we'll see how he plays and make some decisions based on that going forward."

First game vs. Rockets

"Overall, our young talent played well and so did T-will but we ultimately got destroyed. Howard and Asik had an amazing rebounding game and other than some nice blocks by Nerlens, we didn't really have much interior defense to work with. I think this is a growing team, and hopefully we will be much improved by next game." -Gary Payton, after the game.

Note: I am using realistic draft classes but if you would like to join, leave a comment or PM me and I will use random.org to choose what your players overall will be (maximum 81, minumum 61)
Just a ball and a dream.
HoopDreams

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood