New Orleans Shadow/Shadow Vs. LAC Preseason

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

New Orleans Shadow/Shadow Vs. LAC Preseason

Postby Mandich on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:49 pm

New Orleans Shadow

The NBA stays in New Orleans, with the Shadow being the new team in town.

A story about Michael Carnas, a young fitness coach working for the New Orleans Shadow

Association Settings

Team: New Orleans Shadow
Game: NBA 2K14 (PC)
Season: 82 Games
Quarter Length: 10 Minutes
Sim Length: 12 Minutes
Playoffs: 7-7-7-7
Roster: My Edited
Injuries: On
Sliders: Custom
Difficulty: Superstar

Starting Lineup

ImageImageImageImageImage

G- Jrue Holiday, #11
G- Eric Gordon, #10
F- Al-Farouq Aminu, #0
F- Ryan Anderson, #33
C- Anthony Davis, #23

Bench

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

G- Brian Roberts, #22
G- Austin RIvers, #25
G/F- Lazar Hayward, #15
G/F- Anthony Morrow, #3
G/F- Tyreke Evans, #1
F- Darius Miler, #2

ImageImageImage

F/C- Jason Smith, #14
F/C- Greg Stiemsma, #34
F/C- Jeff Withey, #5

Coach

Monty Williams
Last edited by Mandich on Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:53 am, edited 19 times in total.
Mandich
Muffin Button

Re: New Orleans /Insert team name

Postby Mandich on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:11 pm

Prologue

It was u busy day in New Orleans. Another dissapointingk playoffless season. Having a team that's not great or bad. It didn't seem anything big was going to haven in New Orleans for at least a couple of seasons. But the management decided it was time for a name change. This is a big deal, but not nearly as big the people in the organization made it to be. Names have been buzzing around the city, with the Pelicans being the most favorable one. I know that the pelican is tied to them geographically, but I really don't see how will that name cause fear in opponents bones, demand respect from some iconic franchises like the Lakers, the Celtics, etc.

I just entered the New Orleans Arena 10 minutes ago and I'm starting to get nervous just by looking at all this people. Do this, do that, go here, go there. This name picking have gotten out of control. I've heard about 2' people giving their try of an NBA team name, and all were awful. Fake smiles, people sucking up to each other, oh I love the NBA from the top to its bottom. But who cares about them weaklings, I'm here for my job interview...What, you think I am here for a job as a general manager? Ha, good one, wouldn't that be a cliche. Dell Demps has that honour and I have no intention pursuing his chair. Even if I had, I'm not really a business man. What is it then, am I here for the Head Coach spot? What head coach spot?. Now listen, I've met Monty Williams through a mutual friend. He is a terrific guy and has a lot more basketball knowledge than I do, so, no thank you. He is doing a good job with this team.

My name is Michael Carnas, and I am here for the lolz. Just kidding I really am waiting for the job interview, which was scheduled to start half an hour ago.The thing is, I would normally talk to Dell Demps, the GM, about the job. But giving the recent negative energy surrounding this organization (stupid name change), I am forced to talk to him, the owner (Tom Benson) and Monty. And I'm here just to be a fucking fitness coach, help guys in the gym, whether they are home or on the road. It's not like it's as complex as coaching.

I saw Monty opening the office door and calling me in. I stood up and took a deep breath. You could see I was scared from a mile away. "No reason to panic, just a job interview". Monty was trying to encourage me. That's like saying "it's just another walk" to your dog before you take him to the vet. Not saying that I am the dog, but...But fuck it. I am thinking to much and speaking nonsense, even in my head. If I don't get this job, there is a new gym opening close to my place, I'm sure I'll get a job there. At least it's easier that this, less travel and all of that. I do have a little fear of flying.

"Hello Mr. Carnas, take a seat" - Demps politely said as he pointed to the leather chair. I shook his hand, sat, and then realized I haven't shook the owners hand. Out of every person I've encountered today, I choose not to shake hands with the owner, who was standing a feet from me waiting to greet me. Better play this cool.
"Sorry sir, I haven't seen you. Hello". You haven't seen him? What the actual fuck Michael. Am i really that stupid not to see a person standing in the middle of a freaking room, and is he that stupid to think I am actually being honest.
"Son, just take a deep breath, everything is okay- even the owner encouraged me. They must think I am a pussy or something, better flex my biceps. U mirin' ?

As I briefly looked around the office, I've noticed that Monty and Benson are just meere bystanders to this interview. Like in high school, when a new teacher gets hired and the principal attends his/her lecture. I've decided to control this interview, going aplha-male mode on this sorry fucker in front of me.
"Mr. Demps, I hope this goes well"-I've said, with the pitch in my voice going up a note with every new word.
"Relax Michael, it's just a fitness job" - Monty said, holding himself not to start laughing at me. The owner, of course, already started when I flexed my biceps (why is he laughing, man has chicken arms, DYEL)

It really was just a fitness job. Why the hell was I nervous? I have all the qualifications to be their No.1 pick, so lets relax a bit. The interview started and we were done with the official things and paperwork after 20 minutes. Monty mentioned that the two of us have met before, and we all started chatting about basketball and erm, some other things...
I've noticed that they were a good group of guys, very close to each other. Benson was nothing like a regular owner, kind and funny. Heck, the man is 86 and challenged me to a push.up contest.
Demps was a bit more selective with his words, being the quiet person among them. He sounded very inteligent, and was very well spoken. I think I can learn a lot from him, business wise. And Monty, not really a close friend of mine, but we always got along. He is one of the nicest people I've met, and I am looking forward to working with them

Oh, by the way, I have the job. Wonder what name will the give to the team ?
Last edited by Mandich on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mandich
Muffin Button

Re: New Orleans /Insert team name

Postby Mandich on Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:21 am

Chapter 1: Michael Meets The Team

Training camp starts today. This is always the time where players show off their newly polished skills, get into shape, and most importantly, learn to play with the team-mates they've been asigned to play for the upcoming season. It is also a time where coaches are demanded to shine, where they should integrate their gameplans into their respective players heads.

This was Michaels first day as a member of the New Orleans organization. His work time doesn't until player scrimmages come to an end, but he was there from the very begining. "If I come early, I'll be able to tell where players need to improve from an athletic standpoint, and I can also learn a trick or to for pick-up games. Plus if the bosses see me coming early, maybe they'll give me a raise or something." - Michael was eager to leave a good first impression right from the start.

The scrimmages were brutal. Anthony Davis bulked up a bit during the off season so he isn't getting pushed around so much anymore. The problem was his ego. Davis felt he didn't get enough touches on the offense in his rookie year, and he was being clear about it. "Pass me the f*cking ball" - Davis yelled at point guard Austin Rivers, known for being a scoring point guard, not a passing one. "Coach tell him something. I won't be able to shine if I don't get the touches, Austin is being selfish" -Davis was a big nerve, which surprised Michael a lot. On TV he always seemed so calm and laid back. Guess everyone is an actor these days. The thing was he was calling for the ball every single time, even when out on the three point line. "I thing his shot selection is going to be terrible this season. "At least he grown some balls" - Michael continued following the scrimmages.

Coach Williams was a stable figure in practice. His words were listened carefully, the players respected him. But damn he has a good sense of humour. "Anthony, a three? Really? Imma smack you on that unibrow if I see a crazy attempt like that again. Go in the post! "- Monty really figured this job out. He was good, real good. No player immpresed Michael particulary, they were all playing as he have expected them to. Jrue Holiday was good, his defense and shooting were up to what you'd expected from a player of his caliber. Davis was getting his share of rebounds and blocks, altough he did take some shot ala Tragic Bronson. Eric Gordon was scoring, but his shot wasn't as effective as it used to be. His defense was sluggish too. But there was one player Michael was in awe of. Tyreke Evans. Coach told him he will be playing from the bench at the start of the season, and Tyreke had no problem doing that. He did get a big contract this summer and you'd expect a player as expensive as him to start for a non-playoff team like New Orleans. But he was just a true pro. He didn't call for a lot of plays for himself, didn't turn the ball over, played good D, passed well, got to the foul line... "He is just so strong" -Michael acknowleged. a 6'6 guard, long chiseled arms, strong upper body. Evans could sure bang downlow. He also knocked down the outside jumper, but the hell, it's just training camp.

The scrimamges continued for a few hours, then coach ended them. The players got some time to rest, and then they were in Michaels hands. "Destroy them for me, will you" -Monty patted Michael on the back as he sat in the gym, deciding to watch Michaels first training session.

"OK fellas, my name is Michael Carnas and I'm your new strenght and conditioning coach. You will be divided into two groups, with one staying in the gym, and the other going with me on the court. The session is also divided into two parts. Both groups will work out in the gym and on the court. If I see someone joking around, suicides for the whole team. You'll joke when the session is over" -Michael immediately eastablished himself amongst the players. The guys in the gym were doing tarketed strenght workouts, which were fairly hard. The guys on the court were building their stamina, durability and explosivness. "Damn coach I can't feel my legs, you should lighten the workout a little bit."- Davis already started being a primadona. "Well Anthony, that makes sense since you're a pussy"- The whole team bursted into laughter, as Davis finally closed his mouth and continued his training.

"Boy you sure know how to discipline egos. it's good you're a part of this team, good work" -Monty Williams looked happy with Michaels training session, everything was going well.

As Michael ended his session, he alligned the players around the center logo in the court. They were all covered in sweat, breathing deeply. It was truly training camp.
"There is one thing left for some of you to do. Don't worry, You'll enjoy this one"
Coach Williams returned with his laptop, played Celine Dions Titanic, and shouted: "Rookies, show dem boys what you're made of, make your mamas proud."

The whole team was having fun, and the one song turned into a karaoke contest. There some pretty good signers on the team, people would be pleasantly surprised if they sang in public. After all was done, everyone was leaving with a smile on their face. Evans thanked Michael for the hard training, so did the rest of the team. But on the parking lot something strange happened. Anthony Davis was waiting for Michael. "Coach, don't talk smack to me anymore, i'm the face of the franchise and I can make sure you loose your job in a minute"- Davis was so full of himself it was disgusting.
"Face of the franchise? Stop acting like a queen and be the player of the franchise"- Michael walked proudly past Davis, got into his car and drove home. A good day for the young lad.
Last edited by Mandich on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mandich
Muffin Button

Re: New Orleans /Insert team name (Chapter 1 )

Postby Mandich on Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:02 am

Chapter 2: New Orleans What?

It was training camp, players were getting into shape, getting to know the system. Sweat was poured, hard fouls were commited, everything so they could prove their spot on the team. Things got a little bit chippy at times, but were instantly putten aside, knowing that their place in the team isn't cemented. New Orleans looked like a organized basketball team. Team staff was doing an axcellent job of preparing their players, bot phisically and mentally. After all, the NBA season is a grind and will definetily take a tool on them. The team had one big unresolved problem, being not having name. Michael didn't really care for that. "It's only a name" - he would say anytime people came with a so called rumour on the new one. And boy did the rumours swirl...Pelicans, Bees, Saints, Rhinos...Michael've heard it all.

He established a good relationship with general manager Dell Demps and owner Jim Benson. Other than the head coach Monty Williams he was their favourite staff member on the team. The quartet was often seen eating lunch together at a local restaurant. "They are just a great group of guys, I enjoy their company"- he would say to anyone asking why does he spend that much time with them. Michael also established a good relationship with most of the players, as his funny persona graded well with them. He managed to keep the guys focused and disciplined, as they went trough his brutal work outs. He was mostly talking to teams sixth man Tyreke Evans, with whom he'd become good friends. That didn't mean Tyreke could afford slacking on practice, it was quite the opposite. Michael pushed him more than any other player, and Tyreke was thrilled with it. "This friendship is really good for me"-Tyreke said. "You really push me to my limits, I'm grateful for that man, don't allow me to slack. I'm growing as a basketball player in this camp"-he continued. Although his general likeability, there was still one player that hated his guts, and it was Anthony Davis. Davis was the face of the franchise, and he got extra attention from every member of the organization, expect for Michael Carnas. The two were on the war foot ever since Davis complained the first day of training camp. Every time Michael gave some advice to Anthony, the star replied: "I'm in the NBA, not you. I think your help is not needed, fitness boy". And so training camp went on, with days passing by, and the team looking like they have a slight chance of making the playoffs. It was a long shot, but everyone was motivated.

One day, eating lunch like they always do, the quartet of Michael Carnas, Monty Williams, Jim Benson and Dell Demps started talking about the teams future. They started of with Anthony Davis, with Michael immediately saying that the boy needs to show some respect to his coaches. After Demps said he will speak to Anthony, things got serious. They started discussing the teams future name. Normally they didn't talk about that subject in front of Michael, because when they were all together basketball wasn't on their mind. Neither were their jobs. but today was different. After the waitress politely brough their plates, the discussion began. "The NBA called"- general manager Dell Demps started. "They want a name until tommorrow"- Everyone suddenly stopped laughing, putting on a serious face. "Well then give them one. Being my friend doesn't give you the right to have fun and avoid this issue."- owner Jim Benson started, putting his hands on the table, staring into Dempses eyes. "Tell me what have you and the guys come up with"-he continued. "Well...the best name we have is still the Pelicans"-Demps responded knowing that his boss doesn't like that name. "Pelicans? If that's the best I'm going to fly my foot up your ass Dell!"- the old man shouted as the whole restaurant went silent, looking at their table. Michael was confused. He never saw any of the members shouting on each other up untill this point. "Jim, calm down, I know this is a big thing, but Dell did all he could, it's just that most of the names we've been reccomended sound like crap"- Monty went into rescue for his friend. He told Benson the rest of the names the team came up with, and the owner was just grabbing his head.

The trio went on discussing the teams future name, with Michael being a silent bystander. He just ate his chicken, carefuly listening to what each of the guys were saying. Tempres have coolen off, with everyone thrying their best to help. Benson was starting to see that the Pelicans were their best choice, he even said his granddaughter likes the name. But then he asked Michael a question. "Son, You've been silent. I hope we didn't scare with the shouting at the beggining, it's all just business. I know you hate the Pelicans as much as I do, please give me something"- the old was was showing sadness in his eyes. Michael laid back in his seat, smiled, and replied: "It's only a name and I'm only a coach".

"Is this funny to you? I'm just asking you for a little help for gods sake. I know you're a coach, but you are a bright kid. Surely you can come up with something that sounds better than this crap, if not, at least try."-Benson was desperate. His forehead was covered in sweat, hands shaking a bit, breaths being deep. You could clearly see the others also weren't in a much better mood. Suddenly things weren't that great in New Orleans. "Well since you're at it. I've been talking with my friends about a possible name. We even made a virtual New Orleans team on a certain basketball game. But are you sure you want to hear the name, after all we are just NBA fanboys"- Michael answered cautiosly. "Please son, give me anything"- Benson crossed his fingers.
"OK, team colours black and red"..
"That's a good start kid, and the name?" the whole table leaned towards him.
"New Orleans Shadow"
Last edited by Mandich on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mandich
Muffin Button

Re: New Orleans /Insert team name (Chapter 2)

Postby Mandich on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:44 am

this indeed is a remake of the New Orleans Saint logo. My bad work at photoshop limited me to being unoriginal.

New Orleans Shadow

New Orleans Shadow owner Jim Benson with commisioner David Stern

New Orleans- The main news in the NBA today is the new name of the New Orleans organization, Shadow. It is a surprising move as majority though they would be named the Pelicans. This marks a new start for a team that is having some down years, and could bring more fans in New Orleans Arena. When asked about the odd name, team ownner Jim Benson replied: "It was a last minute shocker. We really didn't know what name to choose, with the Pelicans beign the most likely one at the moment. And yet, I am satisfied with the new name, it's certainly a refreshing one for the NBA.

The newly found Shadow didn't stop there as they immedietaly presented their jerseys for the season, which are in my opinion, pretty sexy. Take a look.

Front View

ImageImage

Rear View

ImageImage
Last edited by Mandich on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mandich
Muffin Button

Re: New Orleans Shadow

Postby Mandich on Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Preseason Schedule Has Been Released

With only one look at the opponents New Orleans will be facing this preseason, experts wonder what kind of impact is it going to have on the team.

New Orleans(AP) - As the training camps close to an end, the preseason is set to start. New Orleans is one of the last teams to announce its schedule, with probably having the most difficult in the intire NBA. It will surely bring some experience to the players and prepare them for the long, hard NBA season. "I think we can make the playoffs this year, and this kind of challenges will only help us"- head coach Monty Williams was confident in his teams abilites. The team has a lot of road games, and their staff is concered injuries might occure given their condensed, hard schedule in the offseason.

Image October 5th, 2013. @ Brooklyn

The preseason kicks off October 2nd, but the New Orleans Shadow don't have a game until October 5th, and it will be against the new looked Brooklyn Nets in Brooklyn. New coach Jason Kidd has a difficult task of getting the team of hall of famers click and bring the title.

ImageOctober 8th, 2013. @ Chicago

After that game is over, the Shadow travel to the windy city of Chicago to face the Bulls, and their former MVP superstar Derrick Rose. Everyone wants to see how well has Rose recovered from a horiffic injury. Will the Bulls again be the creap of the East?

ImageOctober 10th, 2013. @ Miami

Following the Bulls game the Shadow travel to the beautiful city of Miami, where they will face the defending champions, the Heat. Lebron is in chase for his 5th MVP award and 3rd ring. Can anyone stop this team, or are they destined to win again?

ImageOctober 12th, 2013. @ Houston

The 4t game of the preseason is against the refreshed Houston Rockets, at Houston. The Dwightmare is finally over, but can the talented big man deliver this year? Will James harden continue to emerge as one of the best 2 guards in the league, and will Jeremy lin finally start playing liek expected?

ImageOctober 16th, 2013. Vs. Los Angeles

The second to last game is finally played on home turf, and it will be against the Los Angeles Clippers. With Doc Rivers and soem good newly acquired players in town, can they finally get over the hump and make some noise in the playoffs this year?

ImageOctober 19th, 2013. Vs. Oklahoma City

The last game of the preseason will also be played at home. The Oklahoma City Thunder is coming into town. Russell Westbrook said he won't play in the offseason, and will miss the start of the season, but they still have Kevin Durant. How will the Thunder fare against a better Western conference this year ?

Mandich
Muffin Button

Re: New Orleans Shadow/Preseason Sch. Announced

Postby dascoot on Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:06 am

Interesting name New Orleans shadow. I can't wait to see where this franchise goes. I can't wait to see how Anthony Davis develops. I think Jrue Holiday is a much better point guard than having Austin Rivers. I'm planning on soon with NBA Live 14 doing a New Orleans Pelicans dyansty. Rivers is going to be on the bench for me as possibly a sixth man.
dascoot

Postby Mandich on Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:35 am

dascoot wrote:Interesting name New Orleans shadow. I can't wait to see where this franchise goes. I can't wait to see how Anthony Davis develops. I think Jrue Holiday is a much better point guard than having Austin Rivers. I'm planning on soon with NBA Live 14 doing a New Orleans Pelicans dyansty. Rivers is going to be on the bench for me as possibly a sixth man.

Thanks for checking in man (Y)

Rivers should prove to be a good scoring option off the bench.
Good luck with your dynasty
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Mandich on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:45 pm

The Nets smash The Shadow as preseason starts

Preview | Box Score | Recap

October 5th, 2013.

New York (AP)- Preseason was on. It's the time when coaches expreminet with different lineups, and when newcomers can shine due to solid playing time. New Orleans Shadow was on to visit the Nets in Brooklyn. It wasn't really an exibiton game, as the Nets played playoff-type D. They went on to win the game 89-77.

It all started with superstar Kevin Garnett going right at the 1st pick of the 2012 draft, Anthony Davis. "I don't know what got into him"-Davis stated. "He was throwing elbows like it was game 7 of the finals. KG is a terrific competitor but it doesn't change the fact that this is preseason"-Davis perhaps defended his poor, selfish performance. He went 3-12 from the field, en route to 7 points. He also had 6 rebounds, a block, and 0 assists. Garnett had a solid game, scoring 16 points and grabbing 8 rebounds.

The best player on the court today was Joe Jonhson. He was looking slimmer than he had in years, moved like he was in his mid 20's, and had a skillset of a veteran. They veteran swingman nailed 4 three-pointers, which helped him get to 21 points on the game. Johnson also handed 6 assists, and grabbed 8 boards.

"Joe (Jonhson) was unguardable today. If he continues this level of play, watch out east." Rookie coach Jason Kidd stated.

The outcome of the game was never really in question, as the Nets had a double digit lead for almost the whole game.

Eric Gordon had a forgetabble night, scoring 3 points on 7 field goal attempts. "This really wasn't my day. I will try to come back stronger next game"

"Point guards are supposed to secure the ball and make smart decisions. I didn't the opposing playmaker doing that tonight"-Deron Williams(9 points, 5 assists) commented the opposing point guard.

He was talking about Jrue Holiday. Jrue did score 12 points, handed 4 assists, but the former Sixer did commit 7 turnovers. "I am still getting used to this teams offense, I'll get better as the games go on. The Shadow will not be able to compete for the playoffs if this trend continues.

Notes: KG trash talked toward Davis the whole game...Shadow field goal % at 39...Brooklyn had a 10 rebounds advantage...Joe Jonhson subbed out at the 4th quarter with ankle roll...Next game @ Chicago

Notable Stats

Joe Johnson: 21 pts, 6 ast, 8 reb, 8-12 FG
Kevin Garnett: 16 pts, 2 ast, 8 reb
Paul Pierce: 11 pts, 5 reb

Tyreke Evans: 9 pts, 3 ast, 4 reb
Ryan Anderson: 13 pts
Al-Farouq Aminu: 7 pts, 7 reb

Mandich
Muffin Button

Re: New Orleans Shadow/Shadow @ Brooklyn

Postby Mandich on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:37 pm

New Orleans Comes Up Short, Are Now 0-2 In Preseason

The return of Derrick Rose was a good one.

October 8th, 2013.

Chicago (AP)- United center was sold out. It was the return of Derrick Rose. The arena was full with fans dresses in his jersey, shouting his name everytime the former MVP would touch the ball. The crowd and Rose carried the Bulls to a narrow 93-89 victory over the Shadow, making Roses comeback that much better.

The explosive point guard didn't play heavy minutes, with the count stopping at 24, but he did manage to score a healthy 15 points in the progress, with 10 of them coming in the 4th quarter. Rose also had 4 assists, and the equal ammount of turnovers. All in all, the young lad had a solid game in his long awaited return.

"I just want to thank the fans for coming up in such a large number and supporting me. Great things are going to happen in Chicago."-Rose went emotional at the end of the game.

The Bulls best player on the floor was Joakhim Noah. The veteran center was a beast on the boards, collecting them 16, adding up 19 points in this terrific performance.

"I know it's just preseason, but the whole teams wants to show Derrick(Rose) that we take every game seriously, and are aiming towards a championship."-Noah expressed his optimism.

The game itself was close fought, with neither team really leading by a big margin over the other. The Bulls escape began with a 10- run early in the 4th which put them in control of the game. The lead was 13 at that point.

Jimmy Butler had a good shooting performance off the bench, knocking down 6 three pointers en route to his 22 points, a team high.

Anthony Davis of the New Orleans Shadow had another selfish, bad shooting night. The 6'10 big scored 8 points, shooting only 3 from 10 from the field. Davis had a couple of blocked shots, and just 3 rebounds.

So who was the player keeping New Orleans in the game ? It was Ryan Anderson. The forward had 28 points, a game high. He was a deadly shooter tonight, knocking almost every shot, keeping New Orleans in the game.

No other New Orleans player impressed particularly. Al-Farouq Aminu did have 10 rebounds and 12 points, but he was just awful both from the field and on the defensive end. He shot 4/15 from the field, and got scored on possesion after possesion.

Coach Monty Williams has a lot of work to do, the game wasn't as close as the score shows, with Chicago leading by 9 with a minute left in the game.

Next game New Orleans plays the defending champions @ Miami.

NOTES: Jrue Holiday had 7 turnovers...Derrick Rose won't play next game due to "knee soreness"...Anthony davis went 0-2 from the three point line...
Mandich
Muffin Button

Re: New Orleans Shadow/Shadow @ Chicago Preseason

Postby Radioman on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:36 pm

Garnett just showed Davis what it takes to become one of the best bigman ever played the game. :D
Radioman

Postby Mandich on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:59 am

Radioman wrote:Garnett just showed Davis what it takes to become one of the best bigman ever played the game. :D

And boy he did. Davis is very usable in the game though (Y)
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Mandich on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:03 am

Wade Destroys The Shadow

Dwyane Wade deservingly took away the player of the game honours.

October 10th, 2013.

Miami (AP)- Soutch beach maybe already has a king, but he doesn't conquer the NBA by himself. There is one guy, nicknamed flash a long tiem ago, who was there prior to the king actually becoming one. His name is Dwyane Wade, and he led the Heat to a 106-83 victory over the Shadow.

Wade scored staggering 47 points, and it's only preseason! But that's not all: The all-star guard grabbed 14 rebounds and dished 10 assists, making Wade recorded the first player that has recorded a triple-double against the newly found New Orleans Shadow.

"I felt good coming into todays game, and asked coach (Spoelstra) to allow me to play some big minutes. Look what happened"-Dwyane Wade is sending a message to the other East guards.

As usual, the king was a true one indeed. LeBron James didn't do much scoring wise, scoring 12 points, but did lead his teams defense, blocking a couple of shots and stealing the ball on 3 possessions.

Chris Bosh used the double teams his teammate Wade encountered, allowing him to score a hefty amound of points in this ball game. To be precise, 19 of them. The big man was also big on the glass, pulling down 9 missed shots.

"The Heat were simply a better team. Their offense is so difficult to stop given their talent, and their defense is one of the best in the league."-Shadow coach Monty Williams lost his 3rd straight preseason game.

It wasn't all bad for new Orleans. Anthony Davis put on a decent show, scoring a double-double. The former 1st overall pick had 16 points and 11 rebounds. He showed his refined post game, with his footwork being exceptionally well.

The Shadow shot just 37% from the field. If you compare that to the 52% which the Miami Heat had, it's not really a surprise why they lost the game.

Ryan Anderson had a forgettable night shooting the basketball. As his team was loosing, he just wasted away possessions with wild three point attempts. At the end of the night, he was 1-9 from beyond the arc. The forward finished with 6 points.

Turnovers were a big factor in the game. Miami only commited 8 of them, with New Orleans commiting 19. The player who turned the ball over the most times was Jrue Holiday. The recently acquired point guard had 6 turnover, which compare poorly to his 3 assists.

"It was just one of those nights. (I) didn't make the right decisions and let my team down. Hopefully we can all learn from a loss like this.

The Shadow is having a tuff time in the preseason going 0-3 so far. Maybe they can finally get a win under their belt next time, when they play the Rockets @ Houston.

NOTES: Greg Oden and Michael Beasley did not play... Dwyane Wade hit 17/20 free throw attempts...New Orleans shot 3/16 from beyond the arc...
Mandich
Muffin Button

Re: New Orleans Shadow/Shadow @ Miami Preseason

Postby dascoot on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:13 am

I can't wait to see if Anthony Davis develops more into an offensive threat. He's not much of one right now. I enjoy this and good luck against the Rockets.
dascoot

Postby Mandich on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:56 am

dascoot wrote:I can't wait to see if Anthony Davis develops more into an offensive threat. He's not much of one right now. I enjoy this and good luck against the Rockets.

Thanks man, Davis has promise.
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Mandich on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:00 am

New Orleans Shadow Lose 4th Straight

A play a lot of teams will have to deal with when facing the new-look Rockets squad.

October 12th, 2013.

Houston (AP)- Thins haven't been going well for the Shadow, losing their first four preseason games. Tonights game against the Rockets wasn't even close. A balanced scoring effort helped the home team grab a deserving 98 - 77 win.

6 Houston players were in double digits, while only 3 reached 10 or more points for the New Orleans Shadow.

The games leading scorer was James Harden. The all-star guard scored an efficient 19 points, grabbing 4 rebounds in the proccess. Harden knocked down 3 three pointers during the course of the game.

"I think this years Houston Team should be greatly respected." coach Monty Williams stated. "6 players in double digits with the minutes so evenly distributed among them, they are an offensive threat."

The Rockets did a good job keeping their turnovers down, wile the Shadow just kept losing the basketball like in previous preseason games.

Dwight Howard is enjoying a good start in his new team. The big man played in 3 preaseason games, with this being the fourth, and helped Houston establish a low post presense both offensively and defensively. He scored 17 points, grabbed 13 boards and blocked 4 shots.

"You can easily tell he really likes it here"-teammate James Harden stated. "The fans love him, he is back to his old joking self. And as the whole world knows, the man can play."

Jeremy Lin is slowly bringing Linstanity back. He cut down his turnovers, and during 4 preseason games has only 7 of them. Lin continued his good play tonight, scoring 14 on 5/9 shooting.

New Orleans big guy Anthony Davis continues his good preseason plays. Tonight he recorded yet another double double, scoring 18 and grabbing 12 boards.

"I just wish my good plays affected the way the team performs." Davis stated. "Untill I achieve that, the individual performances have no meaning."

Brian Roberts has proven to be a solid backup for the point guard spot this preseason. The numbers may not be staggering, with tonights 8 points, 5 assists and 3 rebounds, but Roberts has give this team much needed leadership when on court.

He became the second point guard, with Austin Rivers sliding back in the depth chart. The sophmore guard continues his poor shooting performances, going 2/9 tonight. Good enough for 4 points.

While the preseason has taken it's tool on the Shadow, both mentally and phisically, they finally go home to face the Los Angeles Clippers @ New Orleans.

NOTES: Jrue Holiday continues his poor performances, turns the ball over 6 times...New Orleans went 3/12 from beyond the arc...Anthony Davis is rumoured to have twisted his ankle...
Mandich
Muffin Button

Re: New Orleans Shadow/Shadow @ Houston Preseason

Postby Mandich on Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:52 am

Preseason Full Of Dissapointment

The future of the NBA is safe with this guys.

October 16th, 2013.

New Orleans (AP)- The preseason finally goes to New Orleans. The newly found Shadow played 4 games so far this preseason, but every game was away from home. With New Orleans losing all 4 of those games, fans hoped moving back home would provide the first win. Unfortunately, things on the court didn't change much for their teams, as the Los Angeles Clippers easily won the game, the final score being 127-103.

The Clippers are looking good under Doc Rivers, with their big man being more agressive and more responsible defensevely.

This is particularly visible on the play of their star forward Blake Griffin. Blake is still doing his pick 'n roll plays, but is establishing himself more in the low post, on both sides of the court.

He had a solid game, scoring 23 points. Griffin was a beast on the boards, as his hustle and positioning earned him 17 rebounds on the night.

"Doc [Rivers] is a great coac. He really pays attention to details, details which were much needed to both me and the team. He made us all better with his terrific gameplan." Griffin was full of praise for his new coach.

Griffin wasn't the only forward that shined tonight. Anthony Davis continued his stretch of consistent preseason displays, proving to be a match for Griffin. Although he came up short in this one, Davis is proving he will have a long and succesful career as a pro.

The "unibrow" scored 19 points, going 6/9 from the field. The former Wildcat also pulled down 12 boards.

"Blake really improved this offseason, He is becoming nearly impossible to guard" Davis stated.

Chris Paul was the usual floor general the basketball world holds him to be. With a game high 12 assists, he was making things easy, with virtually every decision being the right one.

He was a beast on the passing lanes and gave trouble to the opposing point guard the whole night. Jrue Holiday won't remember this nights by good thing, as his turnover issues continued. The struggling guard had 8 of them.

"People are starting to compare me to a certain player from the Houston Rockets because of the turnovers. I must improve as soon as possible." Holiday stated.

The Clippers had a terrific offensive night, shooting 57 percent from the field. They had 9 more offensive rebounds than New Orleans, also 9 assists more.

Their sixth man, Jamal Crawford, was red hot tonight. It was particularly shown on the three point stat, as he attempted 5 three point shots, with every one finding the bottom of the net.

New Orleans continues to have turnover problems. On this night, the commited 21 turnovers, 7 more than the Clippers.

The next game is the final one of the preseason, as the await the Oklahoma City Thunder

NOTES: Blake Griffin attempted 13 FT's, making only 6...New Orleans attempted 19 shots from beyond the arc, making 5...Jrue Holiday scored 0 points.
Mandich
Muffin Button

Re: New Orleans Shadow/Shadow Vs. LAC Preseason

Postby Radioman on Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:05 pm

Griffin vs. Davis might become a nice rivalry, i hope you can get some more wins in the regular season. :wink:
Radioman

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood