(1-0) "The Other Team" - Season Opener vs Dallas

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

(1-0) "The Other Team" - Season Opener vs Dallas

Postby Ball_Hawk on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:45 pm

2K13 Association

Settings

Console: X360
Quarter Length: 10 minutes
Sim Quarter Length: 12 minutes
Season Length: 82 games
Playoff Format: 7-7-7-7
Difficulty: All-Star
Rosters: 4/25/13 2K Official
Sliders: Sim with some tweaks
Rookies: Generated

Last edited by Ball_Hawk on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:13 am, edited 8 times in total.
Ball_Hawk

Re: "The Other Team" - LA Clippers Association

Postby Ball_Hawk on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:30 am

WHAT ARE MY PLANS FOR THIS ASSOCIATION?
- Assemble a well-balanced, championship contending team.
- Build around CP3 and a good wing player
- Contend in the West for at least 3 years.
Last edited by Ball_Hawk on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ball_Hawk

Postby Ball_Hawk on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:28 am

Ball_Hawk

Postby Woogie98 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:15 am

Following....Definatly should try and get Tyreke Evans...just need to develop his jumpshot
***SNEAKERHEADS UNITE***
Woogie98

Re: "The Other Team" - 2013 Offseason

Postby Ball_Hawk on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:24 am

Allen, Nash and Kidd highlight 2013 retirees

Image Image

The 2013 season has been quite remarkable, this season has given us one of the most exciting NBA Finals in history. With the Heat downing the Spurs in 7 games. And this season also leaves us with a handful of great players that has changed the way we perceive the game. Out of the 5 retiring players, 3 of them have been inducted in to the Hall of Fame. These following players will retire this offseason:

MIA - Ray Allen (HoF)

NYK - Jason Kidd (HoF)

LAL
- Steve Nash (HoF)

LAC - Grant Hill

OKC - Derek Fisher
Ball_Hawk

Re: "The Other Team" - 2013 Off Season

Postby Ball_Hawk on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:38 am

Clippers pick up team option on Bledsoe

Clipper Nation reports that the Clippers have picked up the team option on Bledsoe just in case Paul bolts the Clippers.
Ball_Hawk

Re: "The Other Team" - 2013 Off Season

Postby Ball_Hawk on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:24 pm

Sources: Clippers hire Hollins as head coach

A few days after the VP of Basketball Operations for the Clippers, Gary Sacks, announced that they are choosing to hire between former Coach of the Year George Karl and Lionel Hollins, today, they have made their decision. The Clippers Nation Twitter account has stated a possibility of the Clippers hiring Woodson or Hollins in this tweet:

Followed by this:

After people have read this, they started to spread the rumours in social medias, sports webs and other sources. Then just a few minutes ago, the Clippers Nation Twitter account confirmed the speculation of the hiring.

According to the tweet, Hollins would be coaching the Clippers for three years worth $10.2M. Immediately, just half an hour ago, Mike D'Antoni's brother, Dan, was hired by the Clippers to be the head assistant coach in Hollins's staff.
With this hiring, rumours started spreading that Chris Paul will be 99% sure he would re-sign with Los Angeles. Is this a good move by the Clippers?

Other News:

Dwight: "I'm ready to leave LA"
LeBron crowned Finals MVP
Pelicans win NBA Draft Lottery
Ball_Hawk

Re: "The Other Team" - 2013 Off Season - L. Hollins in LA

Postby Durant35 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:39 pm

CP3 is the only one left. Good signings and Hollins' system will fit perfectly with the CP3-Blake pairing.
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Postby Ball_Hawk on Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:39 am

Woogie98 wrote:Following....Definatly should try and get Tyreke Evans...just need to develop his jumpshot

Hey, thanks for following! This story will be exciting!
Ball_Hawk

Re: "The Other Team" - 2013 Off Season - L. Hollins in LA

Postby Ball_Hawk on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:37 am

One leaves Tinseltown, one finds it 'home'

During the past few weeks, the attention of the NBA world has focused on where the two biggest and most hyped superstars, Chris Paul and Dwight Howard, will play next year for the 2013-14 season. And it might not have been the center of attention just this past few weeks, but it has been at the start of the 2012 season. Decisions have been made and it looks like 2011 all over again, with all the attention, speculation, rumours and drama (erhem, Dwightmare for Laker fans).

Clipper fans rest easy, as your number one player Chris Paul has agreed to stay with the team for four more years and looks to build his reputation with the Clippers and retire with them. Paul also believes that this Clipper team is "well-assembled" and "championship contending" if coached and built right.

"I have given this some thinking over the past, couple of months. I mean, LA is just way too nice for me. The organization has been great, they've asked me for consultations on who to sign, who to leave and stuff, I believe that Los Angeles is the place for me and I am going to stay here until I win a ring." Paul stated during ESPN interview following the signing.

"I look forward with this team and by the way, DeAndre's been working hard this off season on his free throws and post game. So, I'm positive." Paul added.

Chris Paul's contract has 4 years in them, 5 with the player option worth $84.53M.

On the other hand, Laker fans, Dwightmare has just begun and just ended and probably left a bitter taste in your mouth. Dwight Howard has stated the other day "I am done with Los Angeles." As if it had not left an obvious clue, Harden and Chandler Parson has done a great job recruiting the perennial All-Star center to Houston. A lot of people had said that the Lakers were the best team for him to win a title and if he leaves, his reputation will forever be tarnished, and taht is true for all the basketball fans out there. But Howard believed LA was not the right place for him, and decided to bolt Hollywood.

"I love being here in Los Angeles, I really do. But I just felt like, the Lakers are not. I feel like Houston is going to be a much better place to play and I think I have a better chance of winning a title in Texas." Dwight had said when asked why he chose Houston over Los Angeles.

Kobe Bryant, the Black Mamba, had his say on Dwight's decision. " All of us here (the Lakers), wanted Dwight to stay. Now I don't know what, or why he left, but whatever was the reason, he made a very bad choice. I was in the same situation in 2004, and 2007, but it's just a little bit of struggle for a year or two then we're going to be back on top. And once we do, Dwight will be there, watching me and Pau at the center stage holding the trophies."

Some harsh but meaningful words from the Mamba, the Lakers might struggle for a period of time, but for a couple of years, they definitely will be back on top. There is no doubting the Mamba.

OTHER NEWS
Thibodeau: "Rose looking like Rose again"
Clippers' Jordan to work out with David Robinson
Iguodala signs with Cleveland for 4yr/$39.59M
Ball_Hawk

Re: "The Other Team" - 2013 Off Season - CP3 back in LA

Postby hova- on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:22 am

Looking good. Good job retaining CP3. Will follow!
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Ball_Hawk on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:12 am

hova- thanks, man! I've been reading your stories for a while now and I like your Mavs story!

Durant35 I think I'll sign some wing shooters
Ball_Hawk

Postby Ball_Hawk on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:51 am

Notable 2013 Free Agent Signings

The 2012 season is all but over, and it is the off season yet again,there have been surprising changes and big ones as well. The changes might change how teams play next year, some will be playing from mediocre to unbelievably contending, some might play as being contenders from a year ago to being and average team at best. We look now at the free agent signings this free agency highlighted by Dwight's decision to move to Texas from the big stages of Hollywood, and Andre Iguodala's move to Kyrie Irving's team, the Cavaliers.

Philadelphia 76ers
Dorrell Wright - 3yr/$10.02M
Grade: C+
Wright is a decent three point shooter at best, and in my opinion, that is enough to space the floor and spot up for the 76ers when Holiday penetrates the defense and when Bynum gets double-teamed.

Charlotte Bobcats
B. Mullens - 1yr/$3.29 M
C. Landry - 3+1yr/$8.90 M (team option)
Grade: B+
The Bobcats add that much needed scoring in their frontcourt.

Milwaukee Bucks
B. Jennings 1yr/$4.33M
S. Dalembert 2yr/1.83M
Grade: B
The Bucks could have done much better on this deal, they could have signed Jennings on a long term contract and they could have signed a back-up bigman better than Dalembert. But for the mean time, this will do.

Chicago Bulls
R. Hamilton - 1yr/$1.40M
At this point of his career, Hamilton is just a voice and a leader in the locker room. He is still a tremendous shooter, but with the emergence of Jimmy Butler this past season, Hamilton will be a much better help if he just leads this team with his experience form his long career.

Cleveland Cavaliers
A. Iguodala - 4yr/$39.59M
Grade: A
Iggy will be a big help for the Cavaliers not only in the offensive end of Iggy's game, but also his tremendous ability to play defense. The Cavs have been searching for that 3 position hole since LeBron left, both are versatile and plays all-around, although Iggy does not score, his play will contribute to Cleveland.

LA Clippers
C. Paul - 4yr/$84.53 M
C. Billups - 1yr/$3.90 M
J.J Redick - 2 yr/$5.93 M
Grade: A+
When you retain arguably the best point guard in the game right now, and add a former NBA Champion and Finals MVP with a deadeye shooter who had a Finals appearance, you are on the right track. This gives Clippers a real chance of being a contender.

Atlanta Hawks
J. Teague - 1yr/$3.47 M
E. Brand
N. Pekovic
Grade: A-
The Hawks made solid changes this off season, bringing Smith back (who will probably play the 3 so Horford will move to the 4 and Pekovic at the 5), re-signing the agile Jeff Teague and the veteran Brand. The Hawks still may not be the best of teams, but they will be for sure a threat in the East.

New Orleans Pelicans
N. Robinson - 3yr/$28 M
The Pelicans, who has been in the same situation as Cleveland leaving a deep hole since the departure of their star at the position, looks to fill that "void" by adding a temporary replacement for the long-gone Chris Paul with Nate Robinson. Robinson had some big postseason performances last year, but that still won't be enough for the Pelicans to make the Playoffs.

Houston Rockets
D. Howard - 4yr/$76.80 M
Grade: A+
The Rockets are slowly re-emerging piece by piece, first by signing Lin, then trading for Harden and Robinson, now by adding arguably the best Center in the league, in the near future the Rockets will be contenders. If Dwight is right, only a few pieces would make this team a solid championship team. But the question that will always be hanging around: 'Did Howard make the right decision of leaving probably the greatest franchise in basketball?" We will find out.

Other News
Duncan says he will not yet retire
Cavaliers: Dark-horse team in the East?
George Karl retires after being fired by the Nuggets

Ball_Hawk

Re: "The Other Team" - Free Agency Summary

Postby Hiteshom on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:00 am

Following! This is sweet! Nice work and good luck!
Hiteshom

Re: "The Other Team" - Free Agency Summary

Postby Ball_Hawk on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:03 am

hiteshom wrote:Following! This is sweet! Nice work and good luck!

Thanks, man! Hope you like it!
Ball_Hawk

Re: (1-0) "The Other Team" - Season Opener

Postby Ball_Hawk on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:13 am

Clippers win season opener against Dallas; 91-73

(0-1) Dallas Mavericks @ Los Angeles Clippers (1-0)

Staples Center

Player of the Game Chris Paul (15 points, 12 assists, 7-12 FG)

DAL ( 20 16 15 22) 73
LAC (25 20 28 18) 91

The Clippers open their season at home in Staples against the Mavericks. The Mavs have never looked as rusty and shaky as before, even Nowitzki, who scored only 14 points and grabbed only 4 rebounds seemed rusty. And the Mavericks squad as a whole, did not look confident whatsoever, they were passing up wide open shots, milking the clock way behind the three-point line and no effort on the rebounding, losing to the Clippers on the boards -5.

The Clippers looked like a team that have played together for years, and they played like they promised, success. Chris Paul was living up to his reputation as the best point guard in the game with 15 points and 12 assists and efficiently shooting from the field as well, 58%. Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan was looking to be the new 'twin towers' of Los Angeles, the two combined for 29 points, 18 rebounds and 13-18 shooting from the field.

The game was close during the first quarter, but the second quarter was when the Clippers pulled away with a 14-5 run. And eventually finishing off the game after three quarters, leading by 22 at the end of three.

"Like I said before, I feel confident with my squad, that's why we beat them. Eric (Bledsoe) and Deandre has been outstanding today, as they have been during the pre-season," Paul said during an interview after the game, "and I'm pretty sure they will keep on improving."

"We did not execute. We were feeling each other out like we did not know how to play with each other. Hopefully, we play with chemistry as the season progresses." Dirk Nowitzki had commented on his team's performance after the game.

AROUND THE NBA
Rose scores 35 in return as Bulls topple Suns; 115-84
Irving erupts for 40 points to beat Houston
Blazers win close against the Spurs; 107-106
Ball_Hawk

Re: (1-0) "The Other Team" - Season Opener vs Dallas

Postby hova- on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Oh man, the Mavs always fuck up the offseason in 2k and turn into a cellar dwellar. I hope that does not happen IRL :) Good job taking care of them though.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood