Cleveland Cavaliers (S3): [37-23] (Trade Deadline)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: What's So Good About Cleveland? (End of Season 1)

Postby Kenny on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:42 pm

Do you think you're better than Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker?
Well you might just have a shot to prove it.

I'm looking for a few select readers to be in the 2015 Draft with the aforementioned players. This is the first time I've ever attempted anything like this, so I'm not promising that my coverage is going to be great or anything like that, but you'll at least be a part of one of my stories. So if you want in, fill out the rookie template that I've stolen from Lamrock's Blazers. Along with the information below, any additional screenshots to show me what your player will look like will help me a lot.

Code: Select all
NLSC Rookie Template

[b]Name (first and last):[/b]
[b]Age/Date of Birth (19-24 years old):[/b]
[b]Position(s):[/b]
[b]School:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Jersey #:[/b]
[b]Dominant Hand:[/b]
[b]Body Type:[/b]
[b]Skin Tone:[/b]
[b]5 Strengths:[/b]
[b]5 Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]3 Signature Skills[/b]
[b]Playing Style:[/b]
[b]NBA Comparison:[/b]
[b]Physical Appearance (use a headshot if necessary):[/b]
[b]Misc. Details (Backstory, sig. shot, specific tendencies etc):[/b]

Please note: priority will likely go to regular readers of this and my TNL dynasty. But if there's enough demand, I'll add people to the 2016 Draft.
Also: Please PM me your details. Anything posted on this thread won't be considered.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Martti. on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:55 pm

I think I'll take part, will send my info soon.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Kenny on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:49 am

Martti., cool, there's no rush. At the moment I'm gauging how much interest there is. The NLSC draftees are probably going to replace the double-ups that also appear in the 2013 class as well (if I remember correctly, McAdoo was one of them).
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:50 am

The 2014 NBA Draft

Watch the Draft

phpBB [video]

Cleveland's Draft Summary

9th pick (Jeff Withey) and Cesar De La Cruz sent to Atlanta for the 7th pick (Steven Adams)
Selected Seth Curry (Duke) with the 39th pick.
Seth Curry and Cleveland's 2015 2nd round pick sent to Golden State for the 55th pick and their 2015 1st round pick.
Selected Mouphtaou Yarou (Minnesota) with the 55th pick.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:53 am

Father and Son Hired by Cavaliers

The Cleveland Cavaliers hired Henry Bibby as their new assistant coach. He will join his son - Mike Bibby - who re-signed for another season with the Cavaliers.

Henry was previously an assistant coach with the Memphis Grizzlies.

Cavaliers Extend Qualifying Offer to Speights

Marreese Speights received a qualifying offer of 6.34 million dollars for the 2014-2015 season. Speights is a restricted free agent, which means Cleveland can match any offer sheets he signs.

Tracy McGrady Fed Up with Cavaliers

Tracy McGrady will be looking to keep his career alive in the free agency. There were reports throughout the 2013-2014 season that he was unhappy with his role within the Cavaliers franchise and that he wanted to be traded.

Three Players to Test Free Agency

Anderson Varejao, Gary Neal and Austin Daye will all test out this upcoming free agency. Varejao's decision comes after the Cavaliers declined his team option worth approximately 9 million dollars, while Neal and Daye will look to have a bigger role elsewhere.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Axel The Great on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:48 pm

I was going to say good choice drafting Seth Curry, but then I realized you traded him. I was a little disappointed to see he didn't get drafted in real life; would love to see him enjoy some success in the NBA. Still, you got Steven Adams, hopefully he pans out well for you.

I will send in my draftee information in a bit. :)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Phil89 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:51 pm

Wizards did good getting Noel with pick 4. Also noticed that the Thunder got McLemore at 28 (Y)

I like that you picked up Adams, especially with Varejao testing free agency. Hopefully the Warriors have a terrible season and that 2015 first rounder lands you someone good.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Kenny on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:11 pm

Axel., I would have kept him if it Golden State didn't offer that first round pick. There's going to be a lot of talent in the 2015 Draft Class, so all the picks I can get are a bonus. I realised a while afterwards that Seth is going to play on the same team as Steph, so I thought that was pretty cool too.

Phil89, I was surprised that Nerlens ended up falling in this draft too. When I saw that he wasn't selected at number one, I got that sinking feeling, thinking he'd sign with the Lakers. But luckily the Wizards have him now. It probably means they'll look to move Okafor or Nene during the season as well.

I'm hoping both Memphis and Golden State have bad seasons, as I picked up a first round pick from the Grizzlies when I traded C.J. Miles :)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:13 pm

AK47 Bound For Cleveland

Andrei Kirilenko decided to ink a one year deal with the Cavaliers worth 2 million dollars. According to a source close to the situation, GM Young lauds Kirilenko's versatility on both ends of the court.

Cavs Sign OKC Stopper

Oklahoma City guard Thabo Sefolosha signed a one year deal with the Cavaliers. While his minutes will be limited, he'll look to add a much needed perimeter stopper for the Cavaliers, who struggled last season on the defensive end.

Cavaliers Gain a Stache

Adam Morrison impressed Cleveland scouts so much that he earned a one year deal worth 610k. The last time Morrison played in the NBA, the Lakers won their second consecutive championship. Afterwards, he worked out for a series of teams without success, until the Cavaliers threw him a lifeline.

Bucks Match Sanders' Offer Sheet

The Cleveland Cavaliers made a play at Bucks centre Larry Sanders, signing him to an offer sheet that would see him earn 28.49 million over 3 years with the Cavaliers. The Bucks however decided to match this offer, which will keep him in Milwaukee.

Speights Goes to Clippers

Marreese Speights signed an offer sheet with the Los Angeles Clippers. The deal he had was for 14.26 million over 4 years. The Cavaliers decided not to match this offer sheet. With both Kyrie Irving and Tristan Thompson free agents in the 2015 off-season, it's been reported that the Cavaliers weren't looking to commit long term to Speights. Marreese on the other hand was looking for something more long-term.

T-Mac Becomes a Laker

Disgruntled Cavaliers guard Tracy McGrady signed a one year deal with the Los Angeles Lakers. McGrady's deal is reportedly worth 1.54 million.

Bulls Sign Varejao

Anderson Varejao signed a one year deal worth 1.52 million dollars. The addition of Varejao further strengthens the Bulls frontcourt, which consists of Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer and Taj Gibson.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Sucks that you lost Varejao and Speights, but at least Adams should get more playing time now. AK47 should do alright as well.

What is your goal for next season? Playoffs? Tank for Wiggins? :P
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Kenny on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:27 pm

Phil89, I was pretty much resigned to losing Varejao at about draft time, which is why I made the move. 9 million a season is too much for a guy who I only average 7 and 7 with. AK47 just so happens to be one of my favourite basketball video game players of all time. I had him in TNL and an offline dynasty I did in NBA Live 06. I always manage to overachieve with him, so hopefully this time isn't an exception.

It's funny because I'll be aiming for the Playoffs, but I still suck at this game a fair bit (can't string together anymore than 2 wins in a row). So it might look like I'm tanking at some point. It all depends on injuries I guess. If Kyrie Irving gets for any substantial amount of time, then I wouldn't like my playoff chances. At this point though, I don't think I need a guy like Wiggins or Parker. They'd probably take too many shots from Kyrie.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:28 pm

Melo Goes to Phoenix

With the focus on what LeBron James was going to do this free agency, it was Carmelo Anthony who made the big move. Melo signed a 4 year deal with the Phoenix Suns worth almost 90 million dollars.

Heat and Spurs Big Three Split Up

While LeBron James exercised his player option, Chris Bosh signed a 4 year deal with the Timberwolves. It marks the end of the Miami Big Three. They made 4 consecutive NBA Finals, but only won a single championship.

It's also the end of an era for the San Antonio Spurs. As well as Tim Duncan, who retired, Manu Ginobili decided to move on from the franchise, signing a one year deal with the 76ers.

76ers
Manu Ginobili 1yr/3.09M
Evan Turner 3yr/30.09M
Ishmael Smith 3yr/11.14M
Toney Douglas 5yr/23.29M
Tyler Hansbrough 4yr/11.08M

Bobcats
Byron Mullens 4yr/14.18M
Darius Morris 4yr/13.72M

Bucks
Brandon Jennings 5yr/76.25M
Larry Sanders 3yr/28.49M

Bulls
Anderson Varejao 1yr/1.52M

Cavaliers
Andrei Kirilenko 1yr/2M
Mike Bibby 1yr/650k
Thabo Sefolosha 1yr/850k
Adam Morrison 1yr/610k

Celtics
Avery Bradley 4yr/27.78M
Jordan Crawford 4yr/26.38M

Clippers
Marreese Speights 4yr/14.26M
Ramon Sessions 3yr/13.11M

Grizzlies
Jerryd Bayless 3yr/17.18M
Tyshawn Taylor 3yr/4.67M
Ed Davis 4yr/31.53M
Quincy Pondexter 1yr/3.28M
Kyle O'Quinn 1yr/2.19M

Heat
Jordan Hill 3yr/11.05M
Shawn Marion 1yr/1.18M
Kenyon Martin 1yr/606k

Hornets
Spencer Hawes 4yr/24.87M
Al-Farouq Aminu 3yr/15.98M
Greivis Vasquez 3yr/16.44M

Jazz
Derrick Favors 4yr/63.17M
Gordon Hayward 4yr/32.25M

Kings
DeMarcus Cousins 4yr/65.49M
Patrick Patterson 4yr/40.90M

Knicks
Marcin Gortat 4yr/16.32M
Caron Butler 1yr/3.35M
Darius Johnson-Odom 3yr/6.77M
Alec Brown 3yr/11.03M

Lakers
Chauncey Billups 1yr/1.78M
Rodrigue Beaubois 4yr/26.28M
Tracy McGrady 1yr/1.54M
Jodie Meeks 3yr/12.25M

Mavericks
O.J. Mayo 3yr/32.39M
Aaron Brooks 4yr/15.14M

Nets
C.J. Watson 3yr/5.69M
Kris Humphries 4yr/8.93M

Pacers
Paul George 4yr/53.13M

Pistons
Greg Monroe 4yr/64.58M
Ekpe Udoh 3yr/13.15M

Raptors
Samardo Samuels 2yr/3.02M
Kyle Lowry 5yr/57.71M

Spurs
Rodney Stuckey 5yr/32.16M
Jonas Jerebko 4yr/13.05M
Daniel Orton 3yr/10.34M

Suns
Carmelo Anthony 4yr/89.79M
Shannon Brown 3yr/14.39M
Robert Sacre 3yr/3.92M
Elton Brand 1yr/1.39M
Wesley Johnson 1yr/7.15M

Timberwolves
Chris Bosh 4yr/58.64M
Malcolm Lee 2yr/2.91M

Trail Blazers
Elliot Williams 3yr/9.22M
Armon Johnson 2yr/5.48M

Warriors
Viacheslav Kravtsov 3yr/3.41M

Wizards
John Wall 3yr/47.13M
Kevin Seraphin 3yr/18.04M
Trevor Booker 2yr/5.67M
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Cleveland Cavaliers 2014-2015 Opening Night Roster

Starters
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kyrie Irving | Dion Waiters | Chuck Shaw | Tristan Thompson | Tyler Zeller

6th Man
J.J. Redick

Role Players
ImageImageImage
Alonzo Gee | Andrei Kirilenko | Steven Adams

Bench Warmers
ImageImageImage
Charlie Villanueva | Thabo Sefolosha | Mike Bibby

Reserves

ImageImage
Mouphtaou Yarou | Adam Morrison
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:29 pm

It sucks that Varejao wanted $9 million from you, but then signs for the Bulls for $1.5 million.

Was Morrison signed just for his moustache or will he see some playing time at some point? :lol:
My Stories
Phil89

Postby DeusExMortem on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:56 am

WOW....Melo to Suns?!?! and CB1 to T-wolves?? NBA 2k13 logic :D
DeusExMortem

Re: What's So Good About Cleveland? (Season 2)

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:02 am

Good luck next season! I'm not gonna lie, the off-season additions you've made are underwhelming, but playoffs is more than a possibility. Thanks for posting the signings by team. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby Kenny on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:03 am

Phil89, it was actually the team option on his contract. I probably could have signed him for less on a longer contract, but I tend to play better with Tyler Zeller, so I thought I could let Anderson go and promote him to starter.

He's really just an extra body that (hopefully) won't bitch about his lack of playing time. I have Shaw, Gee, Kirilenko and Sefolosha that can fill the position, but with AK47 and Thabo playing other positions more regularly, I thought it couldn't hurt to get an extra. I probably need another centre as well at some point.

Blue1803, I'm not sure who Melo's joining in Phoenix. Minnesota looks pretty good with Love, Bosh and Rubio... at least on offense.

Lamrock (I didn't see your post initially), I decided I didn't need to make a big change to my core, so I just signed some role players I thought could contribute. Perimeter D was also a big problem for me last season, so I thought Kirilenko and Thabo would be good additions to help that. Of course, AMMO goes pretty much directly against that :lol:
Last edited by Kenny on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:04 am

Hawks Frontcourt Dominate

AK47 made an impact off the bench.

Both Josh Smith and Al Horford were influential in the Hawks 95-87 win over the Cavaliers. They each had a double-double, as Smith had 26 points and 11 rebounds, while Horford scored 12 and also grabbed 11 boards. The Hawks had a clear advantage on the offensive boards, grabbing 7 more than the Cavs. Lou Williams once again had an excellent game against the Cavs, scoring 20 points off 9-16 shooting, while Landry Fields had 10 points and 5 rebounds.

Newcomer Andrei Kirilenko was the topscorer for the Cavaliers, as he scored 19 points. Kyrie Irving had a strong start to his 2014-2015 campaign, with 17 points and 12 assists, while Tyler Zeller was solid with 10 points and 8 rebounds.

ATL@CLE

ATL: 95 (Smith 26, Williams 20, Horford 12)
CLE: 87 (Kirilenko 19, Irving 17, Zeller 10)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Josh Smith 26 points (13-21 FG) 11 rebounds 3 assists 1 steal 1 block

Rebounds
ATL: Horford, Smith 11
CLE: Zeller 8

Assists
ATL: Teague 7
CLE: Irving 12

Record: 0-1
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: What's So Good About Cleveland? (3-1)

Postby Kenny on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:22 am

Cavs Win First Game at Home

Kyrie orchestrated the Cavs win.

The Cavaliers came away with a 117-103 win over the Chicago Bulls.

Kyrie Irving led an incredible nine double-digit scorers for the Cleveland Cavaliers, with 19 points, 4 rebounds and 8 assists. Thabo Sefolosha was the next best, with 14. Cleveland's two-guard combination of J.J. Redick and Dion Waiters was also effective, as they scored 13 each. Tyler Zeller and Chuck Shaw both scored 11, while Steven Adams, Andrei Kirilenko and Tristan Thompson each scored 10.

On the other side, Chicago had four in double figures. Derrick Rose was the best of the bunch, registering a double-double with 25 points and 10 assists. Carlos Boozer had a solid night with 14, while Luol Deng and Joakim Noah scored 12 each.

After getting destroyed on the boards by the Hawks, the Cavaliers corrected this against last season's best rebounding team. They went +11 in defensive rebounds.

CHI@CLE

CLE: 117 (Irving 19, Sefolosha 14, Redick 13)
CHI: 103 (Rose 25, Boozer 14, Deng 12)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Kyrie Irving 19 points (9-14 FG) 4 rebounds 8 assists 1 steal 1 block

Rebounds
CLE: Thompson 9
CHI: Noah 7

Assists
CLE: Irving 8
CHI: Rose 10

Cavs Trounce Bucks

Dion Waiters has arrived.

Dion Waiters had an excellent game, scoring 22 points off 9-15 shooting. J.J. Redick also provided a spark on offense, scoring 20. Kyrie Irving (16 points, 9 assists) was one assist away from a double-double, and Tyler Zeller kept up his good form as a starter, with 13.

The Bucks offense has a tendency to live and die by Monta Ellis. In this game, he scored 28 points, but shot a miserable 11-35 from the field. Orlando Johnson had a far more efficient game, with 12 points off 6-9 shooting. Ersan Ilyasova proved he's one of the more underrated players in the game, with 11 points and 15 rebounds, while Brandon Jennings also scored 11 points.

To say the Bucks were the more fancied opponent is an understatement, as they started the season number one in the power rankings. Cleveland started the season 26th overall. But both teams have flipped the script, as the Bucks have now lost their first 3 games, while the Cavs are 2-1.

CLE@MIL

CLE: 104 (Waiters 22, Redick 20, Irving 16)
MIL: 84 (Ellis 28, Johnson 12, Ilyasova 11)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Dion Waiters 22 points (9-15 FG) 2 rebounds 4 assists 6 steals

Rebounds
CLE: Thompson, Zeller 6
MIL: Ilyasova 15

Assists
CLE: Irving 9
MIL: Jennings 6

Stache Sighting in Cavs Third Straight Win

The Cavaliers trip to Los Angeles was successful, with a 105-90 win over the Clippers.

Kyrie Irving's minutes were limited after he picked up a hamstring injury in practice. He only had 8 points for the game, but his team mates picked up the slack. J.J. Redick was the performer of the game with 18 points and 5 assists. Tyler Zeller and Dion Waiters both scored 16. But the big story of the game was the return of Adam Morrison. After spending a few seasons in teams around Europe, the Stache's return to the NBA was a productive one. He had 15 points and 4 assists on the night. This also marked the first time he scored in double-digits since the 10th of January in 2009, when he was playing for the Charlotte Bobcats. Thabo Sefolosha started again in place of the injured Chuck Shaw and scored 11.

For the Clippers, Austin Rivers was their main man. He had an impressive 25 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists on the night. Jamal Crawford also proved to be a handful with 16 points. For Cavalier Marreese Speights started in the place of Blake Griffin and also had a solid game. He scored 14 points, as well as registering 5 rebounds and 4 assists. Rookie Otto Porter had 12 points, 5 rebounds and 3 steals.

CLE@LAC

CLE: 105 (Redick 18, Waiters 16, Zeller 16)
LAC: 90 (Rivers 25, Crawford 16, Speights 14)

Jordan Performer of the Game: J.J. Redick 18 points (7-12 FG) 3 rebounds 5 assists 3 steals 1 block

Rebounds
CLE: Thompson 10
LAC: Rivers 7

Assists
CLE: Irving 6
LAC: Bledsoe 7

Record: 3-1

Injury Update
Kyrie Irving - Sore Hamstring, 1-2 weeks (Hurt)
Chuck Shaw - Twisted Ankle, Day-to-day (Hurt)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Woogie98 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Finally caught up!! Really been focusing on my association and trying to get some W's

1) Really was rooting for a matchup against the King and Miami In the playoffs

2) J.J. Redick was balling out for you the whole year!! Him and Deion(along with other players) gave u a huge boost when Kyrie was out

3) Kyrie was injured for a good chunk of the season but still managed to START for the all star squad :cheeky: Watch out

4) Mike Bibby really surprised me this season especially with 2.3 steals?!?!? Oh and it was cool seeing u sign his Dad

5) Austin Daye needs minutes!!!!! :x

6) One Word. Stache
***SNEAKERHEADS UNITE***
Woogie98

Postby Martti. on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:51 pm

Stache still has the shooting stroke. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Kenny on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 am

Woogie98, thanks for reading. Since you have a format to your post, I shall follow it:

1) The match up against the Heat would have been so much fun, even if it would have been 4 frustrating games.

2) J.J. was definitely a huge part of me getting so close. His offensive game off the bench is perfect for what I'm trying to achieve. I'd like Waiters to become more consistent, but I think he's a future all-star.

3) Kyrie was very efficient and I think that's what got him in. I believe he had the highest field goal percentage for all guards and he was a constant 20-10 threat.

4) Bibby certainly surprised me too. I just expected him to be an extra body. His play earned him that extra year on his contract. And it was definitely cool getting his dad as well.

5) I agree; he just needs to get them with another team now. I think he might still be a free agent.

6) He's epic (y)

Martti., he's actually not bad. Just don't shoot threes with him :lol:
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 am

Zeller Dominates in Californian Capital

Tyler Zeller was in beast mode.

An incredible performance by Tyler Zeller helped the Cavaliers win 102-99 in Sacramento. The ever-improving centre was unstoppable in the paint, scoring a career high 29 points off an extremely efficient 14-16 from the field. J.J. Redick (6-17) was on the other side of the scale, but managed 15 points. Andrei Kirilenko also managed a solid bench contribution, with 13 points and 7 rebounds. Kyrie Irving clearly struggled with his hamstring injury, but still had a respectable stats of 12 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists.

For the Kings, Sophomore guard Walt Rice was their best with 27 points and 7 assists. Tyreke Evans also provided great production on offense with 22. Marcus Thorton went 0-7 from beyond the arc, but managed 15 points, and Patrick Patterson dominated the boards, grabbing 16 to go with his 12 points.

CLE@SAC

CLE: 102 (Zeller 29, Redick 15, Kirilenko 13)
SAC: 99 (Rice 27, Evans 22, Thornton 15)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Tyler Zeller 29 points (14-16 FG) 4 rebounds 1 assist 2 blocks

Rebounds
CLE: T Thompson 8
SAC: Patterson 16

Assists
CLE: T Thompson 6
SAC: Rice 7

Cavs Continue Cali Success

Zeller likes the Cali courts.

The Cavs outscored the Lakers 26-16 in the 4th to pick up a 100-91 win at Staples.

Tyler Zeller continued his meteoric rise with another big game. He dominated the paint with 18 points, 9 rebounds and 4 blocks. J.J. Redick's 3-point radar was off once again (1-6 3PT), but he still added 15 points from the bench. AK47 strengthened the Cavs' second unit with 14 points. Kyrie Irving looked hesistant once again, but he was 1 assist away from a double-double, with 14 points and 9 assists. Dion Waiters (12) and Chuck Shaw (11) both had minor roles in the win, while Tristan Thompson had Cleveland's only double-double, with 10 points and 11 assists.

It was the Kobe show for the Lakers once again. The Black Mamba added 25 points off 11-24 shooting. Jodie Meeks had a perfect shooting performance, scoring 16 points off 6-6 from the field and 3-3 from the line. As opposed to the Cavaliers' platoon of scorers, the Lakers only had two in double digits outside of Kobe Bryant and Jodie Meeks. Adonis Thomas had 12 points and 8 rebounds and Paul Gasol added 10.

CLE@LAL

CLE: 100 (Zeller 18, Redick 15, Irving 14)
LAL: 91 (Bryant 25, Meeks 16, Thomas 12)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Tyler Zeller 18 points (8-12 FG) 9 rebounds 1 assist 4 blocks

Rebounds
CLE: Thompson 11
LAL: Thomas 8

Assists
CLE: Irving 9
LAL: Beaubois 7

Cavs Steal Sixth Straight in Denver

Redick shook off his bad shooting from the previous games.

The Cleveland Cavaliers were down for all but 1:05 of the game against the Denver Nuggets, but they were able to sneak away from Denver with a 102-100 win. J.J. Redick gave the Nuggets an opportunity to tie it up, as he missed one of his free throws down the stretch. But Ty Lawson was able to hit a contested mid-range shot.

Despite his late miss from the line, Redick had an outstanding game. He scored 28 points from 9-14 shooting. But Kyrie Irving was named the performer of the game, as he was only 3 blocks from a five-by-five. He had 17 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists, 5 steals and 2 blocks. Andrei Kirilenko also filled up the stat sheet from the bench, with 12 points, 2 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal and 2 blocks. Dion Waiters (12) had one of his quieter games and Chuck Shaw added 11.

Ty Lawson led the way for Denver, with 16 points and 9 assists. Jordan Hamilton and Alex Poythress also proved to be dangerous, as they scored 15 each. Kenneth Faried may be undersized for the centre position, but he held his own against Zeller and Adams, contributing 14 points, 7 rebounds and 6 steals. Chris Singleton added 11 points and 5 rebounds.

CLE@DEN

CLE: 102 (Redick 28, Irving 17, Kirilenko 12)
DEN: 100 (Lawson 16, Hamilton 15, Poythress 15)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Kyrie Irving 17 points (8-12 FG) 6 rebounds 8 assists 5 steals 2 blocks

Rebounds
CLE: Zeller 9
DEN: Faried 7

Assists
CLE: Irving 8
DEN: Lawson 9

Record: 6-1

Injury Update

Kyrie Irving - Sore Hamstring, Day-to-day (Hurt)
Tristan Thompson - Bruised Rib, 2-4 weeks (Hurt)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: What's So Good About Cleveland? (6-1)

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:02 am

Nice to see you guys rolling to six straight, not too shabby. (Y) Zeller's making a rise to prominence, which was definitely necessary considering Irving's injury.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: What's So Good About Cleveland? (6-4)

Postby Kenny on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:35 am

Axel., Zeller playing well has made up for Irving's slightly below par season so far. It's been frustrating having to rely on jump shots with him because of his hamstring. Hopefully when he is completely fit again, he can be close to 20-10 numbers again.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood