Hov's Mavs (21-27): All-Star starters / Around the league

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Hov's Mavs (0-2): Home Opener against Charlotte

Postby Durant35 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:30 pm

VC turning back time! (Y)
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Postby mp3 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:28 pm

Amazing Graphics but tough start to the season buddy!
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Pitar on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Good luck grinding it out 'till Dirk gets healthy! Would be great to see the team reload next season into title contenders, but also awesome if manage to make a play-off run out of this roster.

Love the little touches like pretend news links.
Pitar

Postby hova- on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:30 am

Cheers guys, thanks for the responses. Right now, my new internship at the local newspaper is killing me a bit. It's a nine to five .. rather nine to 5:30 job and I have to leave the house at eight and come back home at 6:30. So the older ones of you will say: "that's life", but since I am still a student and will continue studying at a different university in april, I don't like it :D
Also because I am used to get up earlier and go home earlier, thus, have more time in the afternoon.

So I hope I can find time to update this one soon.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby hova- on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:05 pm

Mickael Pietrus and the Toronto Raptors gave the Mavericks their fifth straight loss of the season

Loss against Raptors marks worst start in franchise history for Mavs

Posted on November 8th 2012 11:14PM

The Mavericks fall short to the Blazers and Raptors at home, making it 0-5 to start the season - the worst start in franchise history.

"It's tough to say what we are lacking. One day we play solid defense and cannot hit shots, the next day it's the other way around", veteran center Chris Kaman described the Mavericks' inconsistency so far as the team is battling through a rocky stretch going 0-5 for the season.

After a close loss to the Bobcats the Mavericks hosted the Portland Trail Blazers who were coming into the game at 1-2 and without Lamarcus Aldridge, who was out with back spasms.

Without their star player, the Blazers were looking to get the most out of their arguably second-best player Nicolas Batum, and the frenchmen did not disappoint. Batum scored 36 points and hit six of his eight three point attempts to lift the Blazers to an impressing road win.

"Things just went the right way", Batum said after the game. "I don't like to force shots usually, so I just let it flow."

The Blazers led 53-50 at the halftime with Batum scoring 12 points. "In the second half he just went nuts. 6-8 from down town, this shows how good he is", Blazers Coach Terry Stotts said.

The Mavericks were able to stay in the game thanks to their hot shooting. Dallas hit 57% in the first half with Vince Carter leading the way with 16 points on 6/7 shooting.

"I think we were right into the game until the end but our defense was bad today", said Carter.

Despite shooting 55% from the field for the game, the Mavericks were down by six points with 1 minute left in the game, mainly because of their 17 turnovers. Damien Lillard sealed the deal for the Blazers with a mid-range jumper with 30 seconds left in the game. Lillard had 16 points in the 100-94 win. Meyers Leonard and Nolan Smith added 10 each. For the Mavericks, Vince Carter was the topscorer with 25 points, O.J. Mayo added 17 and Chris Kaman scored 10, all of them in the second half. Team Stats

Nic Batum errupted for 36 points and 6-8 from downtown in the win over Dallas.

Raptors burn Mavericks

Two day later, the Raptors visited Dallas. Toronto, at 2-2, was coming of a clear win over the Timberwolves and looked pretty confident from the very first beginning. The Raptors took a three point lead at the half thanks to 10 points by Ed Davis. For the Mavericks, Darren Collison had his best game of the season. Collison had 20 points and 12 assists, hitting all of his six shots in the first half.

"This is what I can do, I can hit those shots and dish the ball, but it has no use when we loose the ball game", Collison said afterwards.

The Mavericks allowed the Raptors to shot 50% from the field over the course of the game and gave up 54 points in the paint. "Just too many", said Rick Carisle.

Dallas was down by 13 in the third but managed to take a 93-94 lead with four minutes left in the game. "Then we collapsed", Chris Kaman, who had a season-high 23 points and 9 rebounds, stated.

"We need that first win, we're too nervous right now", Shawn Marion said. The Raptors were able to keep the Mavs to five points in the final four minutes of the game and took the 110-99 road win.

Mickael Pietrus led five Raptors in double figures with 19 points. José Calderon scored 17 points and added 11 assists, Ed Davis finished with 18 points and 7 rebounds. Team Stats

Nowitzki's progress goes slow, Mavs head back on the road

The progress on Dirk Nowitzki's knee is going slowly, as the Mavericks franchise player reported. "I don't think I will come back this month", Nowitzki said. There is still swelling and I have to take it slowly because I don't want to sustain another injury. Meanwhile, the Mavericks still are without rookie forward Jae Crowder, who injured his back after the second game of the season in Utah. The Mavs will head back on the road after three straight home games, visiting the Knicks and Charlotte before coming back to Dallas.

Hawks sign Josh Howard ...
Tyler Hansbrough resigns with Pacers ...
Jermaine O'Neal tears MCL - out for season ...
Kemba Walker scores 43 - Cats beat Suns ...
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Mavs (0-3): Mavericks franchise record

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:40 am

Oooh, not a start you ever want to have, has to be frustrating, just keep at it though
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Murat on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:05 am

You can switch the progress for your wellness man
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Larvae on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:07 am

Oh my, 6-8 from 3 is ......
Anyway, 0-5 is gotta feel bad. But you still have 77 games left. Shake it off :cheeky:
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:15 am

As Larvae said, you can still go 77-5 man :lol: We need Dirk back!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Other (1972), Ferrari (2023), Two in the Shadow (1967) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Mark. on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:25 am

Tough going for the Mavs without Dirk. Perhaps time to shake up the rotation a bit?
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Durant35 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:29 pm

Mark's right, maybe you need to find guys who're very easy for you to use.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Postby Maverick on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:54 am

wow! :D
Maverick
for Life

Postby Valor on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Worst start ever and to the Raptors also? damnnn :?
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:13 am

Winless Mavericks meeting their championship mojo in New York

DALLAS-NEW YORK (AP) The Dallas Mavericks have not won a game in this season. Tonight they will meet two major forces of their championship run in Jason Kidd and Tyson Chandler.

No, it has not been the kind of start to the season the Dallas Mavericks were looking for. After five games, the Texas franchise - NBA champion of 2011 - is still looking for their first win to ignite their fire.
Especially on offense, the Mavericks have not found their team play and rhythm that once was a major characteristic of a team that beat the superstar-power of opponents like the Lakers, Thunder and Heat.

"I think we have to stop thinking about that championship. Who was part of that team? It's been me and Dirk. Dirk is not playing", forward Shawn Marion says with a mean expression on his face. And he is right. The team of 2011 was of a different stamp.

Deshawn Stevenson, Brendan Haywood, Brian Cardinal, Jose Juan Barea, Jason Terry, Jason Kidd and Tyson Chandler. All of these players won a ring with the Mavs - none of them is on their roster anymore. And the Mavericks are missing their presence.

With only 85.0 points per game, the Mavericks have the worst offense in the NBA. While their shooting is okay at 45%, the Mavericks have the fewest second possessions in the NBA thanks to their poor rebounding. This is where they are missing Tyson Chandler and Brendan Haywood the most. Chris Kaman is averaging 6.6 rebounds in 27 minutes per game, his 1.0 offensive boards per game are good enough for 36th amongst centers in the league.

With 15.6 assists per game, the Mavericks are the second worst team sharing the ball in the league only with the Wizards behind them. Darren Collison, the replacement for Jason Kidd is averaging 6.4 assists per game. Not much for a point guard, and after five games, Collison's 4.6 turnovers per game make it tough for Coach Carisle to let Collison take over the set up.

O.J. Mayo, the best scorer in the starting five of the Mavs (16.0 points per game) has started very slowly shooting only 40% from the field and 35% from down town. He is not able to fill in for Jason Terry, who left to Boston.

On top of all of that, the Mavericks are missing the Finals MVP of 2011, their best scorer and an offensive All-Star. Dirk Nowitzki is still out after knee surgery and won't be back until late December.

Anthony, Knicks, looking to bounce back from loss against 76ers

The Knicks meanwhile, have also had their fair share of problems this season. At 1-3, the team has not been able to start into the season the way the wanted. Losses to Miami, Philadelphia and Brooklyn are bearable but especially Carmelo Anthony has not been looking too sharp averaging 20.8 points on 38.6% shooting.

A win against the Mavericks would also be the ignitor for the Knicks since it is the first game against an opponent below 50%.
"This game is very important. It's at home, it's against a struggling opponent, so we have to start things off now", Tyson Chandler says. With 6.0 points and 8.2 rebounds per game, the veteran center has shown and underwhelming start to the new season.

Anyway, it will be special game. "I won a ring with this organization and I love Cuban and the Mavs, Dirk obviously", Jason Kidd says. "There are some emotions but I see this game as our first must-win matchup. So We will grind all hard", Chandler adds.

Let's see which team can find it's way out of the slump.

NBA.com wrote:
Vote your game of the month on NBA.com

The 2012-2013 NBA season has kicked off. Vote for your match of the month which will be covered on NBA.com.

11/12/2012 Boston Celtics (4-0) vs Chicago Bulls (2-3)

The Celtics have been able to turn back the hands of time and start into the season with four wins in a row. Without Derrick Rose, the Bulls will try to beat Boston with their tough defense.

11/13/2012 San Antonio Spurs (2-3) vs Los Angeles Lakers (2-3)

After five games, the Lakers and Spurs haven't found the right chemistry and taken some blows on the back of the neck with injuries to Antawn Jamison and Boris Diaw. Who will be the number one chaser of the Thunder?

11/14/2012 Memphis Grizzlies (2-2) vs Oklahoma City Thunder (5-0)

33.5 points, 8.0 rebounds, 3.3 assists per game. Kevin Durant is on fire. Will the Thunder be able to withstand the Grizzlies despite the injury of Serge Ibaka (groin)?

11/24/2012 Cleveland Cavaliers (4-1) vs Miami Heat (4-1)

Kyrie Irving has led the Cavaliers to a surprising 4-1 start whilst the Heat are rolling thanks to former Cav LeBron James. Enough stuff for a great game?
Last edited by hova- on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Mavs (0-5): Mavs meet Knicks - Vote your GOTM

Postby Mark. on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:13 am

Gotta be Spurs v LAkers for me.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Martti. on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:56 am

Heat all day, doesn't matter they playin the Cavs. Also, I don't see you picking up your first win in the Garden.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Axel The Great on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:55 am

Would be really nice if you picked up your first win of the season against the Knicks; sure would show Kidd and Chandler! :P As for the game of the month, Spurs vs. Lakers is my vote.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Durant35 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:39 pm

AS much as I love the Thunder, I'm going for SAS-LAL
Click the pic!

Durant35

Postby Valor on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:15 am

Bulls of course (Y)

Good luck vs the Knicks mate, gotta get that first win
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Larvae on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:18 am

Cavs vs. Heat. :cool:
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Re: Hov's Mavs (0-5): Keep voting your GOTM!!

Postby hova- on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:09 pm

Thanks for the voting guys. It's still open though. LAL-SAS leading with three votes, Cavs-Heat has two votes right now. I will post a recap later today, so you can still vote until that.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:33 pm

LAL - SAS please!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Khanwarrior on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:37 pm

Good luck against NYK! Cavs vs Heat
Khanwarrior

Postby hova- on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:27 am

Dallas News wrote:

Melo scores 26, Mavericks fall to Knicks in blowout

NEW YORK (AP) Mavericks lose their sixth straight game as they fall short to New York in the Madison Square Garden 74-105. Carmelo Anthony scores 26 points.

Another game, another loss for the Dallas Mavericks as the team got blown out by the Knicks last night in Madison Square Garden. Carmelo Anthony scored 26 points and J.R. Smith added 24 for the Knicks, who improved to 2-3 this season.

O.J. Mayo came one point shy of his season-high with 23 points and Chris Kaman added 11 for the Mavericks, who shot only 37% from the field and had 23 turnovers, a season-high for the struggling Dallas team. Darren Collison led the team with 7 turnovers and only hit two of his 13 attempts from the field en route for nine points.

The Mavericks will move on to play Charlotte on the road tomorrow night. The Bobcats are the early surprise of the season with a 4-0 record and Kemba Walker putting up 25 points and 8 assists per game so far.

Dallas News wrote:

Dallas waive Jones, sign James

DALLAS (AP) Right after their blowout loss to the New York Knicks, the Dallas Mavericks announced the signing of veteran point guard Mike James. James will replace Dominique Jones, whom the Mavericks released earlier today.

"Leadership and coolness", is what Coach Rick Carisle expects from James, a 38-year old veteran who has been around the league for twelve years. "Tonight was a great example. 23 turnovers, bad shooting numbers, this is where Mike James can help us", the Mavs coach added.

James is a 37% career three point shooter and holds averages of 10.1 points, 3.5 assists and 1.5 turnovers in 24.4 minutes per game. The 6-2 guard has appeared in 539 games in the NBA so far.

James is cleared to play against the Charlotte Bobcats and has already travelled to Charlotte where he will await the rest of the Mavs. In order to sign James, the Mavericks had to clear a roster spot by waiving guard Dominique Jones, who had only appeared in three games this season so far.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Mavs (0-5): Game vs Knicks - minor roster change

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:20 am

Twelve year veteran over a young body? -Shrug- as long as he helps.
SuperHueyNewton

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood