Seattle SuperSonics 2.0 - NOV 21 2013 G12

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Seattle SuperSonics 2.0 - NOV 21 2013 G12

Postby Pitar on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:40 pm

SEATTLE SUPERSONICS

An Association Story

The SuperSonics are back. This story will follow the rebuilding efforts in Seattle as the team looks to forge a new identity.

---

Introduction

---

Team Achievements

2013-2014

In Progress

---

NBA Season Results

2013-2014

In Progress

SuperSonics Summary November 16
7-2, 2nd in Pacific Division

CURRENT SCHEDULE

Current Roster

Starting Five
Image Image Image Image Image
Brandon Jennings | Trevor Ariza | Tyreke Evans | Thomas Robinson | Tiago Splitter (+)

Bench

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Bradley Beal | Jason Ford (+) | Toney Douglas | John Henson | Marcus Wells | Reggie Williams (+) | Isaiah Thomas

Reserves

Image Image
Chuck Hayes | James Johnson

Injuries

Tiago Splitter - Strained MCL (1-2 Weeks)
Jason Ford - Bruised Sternum (Day-To-Day)
Reggie Williams - Bruised Heel (Day-To-Day)

---

Last edited by Pitar on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Pitar

Re: Seattle SuperSonics 2.0 The Reboot

Postby Pitar on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:40 pm

SONICS 2.0

This association story begins with two simulated seasons already completed, and as such takes place in a slightly different reality. I made every effort to ensure rosters were accurate up until last week, but as I’m starting at the beginning of the 13-14 season, there are some key differences between our world and the NBA this story takes place in.

Game Details:

I will be managing the reboot of the Seattle franchise. Games will either be simmed, played out in hoopcast, or coached in-game (if I can get realistic game numbers). It’s not going to be easy!

This game will be using NBA2k12, and aided by Leftos’ brilliant Stats Tracker. I’m using a save based on Slimm44’s rosters, albeit pretty modified. The save has been pretty heavily edited over the last year as well, but done to Slimm44’s methods where possible.

Also using Slimm44’s sliders.

Draft classes to be used are ones I’ve worked on myself, but are not entirely complete (and probably outdated by now), so expect a handful of real rookies, and (hand-crafted) fictional players as well from this point out. Credit to Iceflow247, Domt25 and anyone else I may have stolen from for their excellent fictional cyberfaces!
Last edited by Pitar on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pitar

Seattle SuperSonics 2.0 : Introduction

Postby Pitar on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:55 pm

THE NBA - PAST TWO YEARS

2011-2012

The 2011-12 season went down in similar fashion to history, with Miami Heat confidently sweeping Thunder in the finals. Lebron James earned his crown.

NBA Champions: Miami Heat
    Post Season MVP: Lebron James (MIA)
    Season MVP: Lebron James (MIA)
    Rookie of the Year: Kyrie Irving (CLE)
    Sixth Man of the Year: Mo Williams (LAC)
    Defensive Player of the Year: Dwight Howard (ORL)
    Most Improved Player: Shannon Brown (PHX)
    Coach of the Year: Erik Spoelstra (MIA)

2012-2013

The Miami Heat entered this season as the favourites, and ended it with the best record, 65-17, and another season MVP award for Lebron James. They met the Oklahoma City Thunder in the finals once more, but instead of a 4-0 sweep like the previous year it was a grueling 7 games series ending in a bitter loss to Oklahoma City. The story of the year is Russel Westbrook, who somehow managed to drastically improve his shooting percentages while retaining his heavy-output performances. A large amount of controversy surrounds awarding him the post season MVP over the league’s lead scorer Kevin Durant.

NBA Champions: Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Season MVP: Russell Westbrook (OKC)
    Season MVP: Lebron James (MIA)
    Rookie of the Year: Thomas Robinson (SAC)
    Sixth Man of the Year: Jeff Teague (ATL)
    Defensive Player of the Year: Dwight Howard (LAL)
    Most Improved Player: Goran Dragic (PHX)
    Coach of the Year: Doc Rivers (BOS)

2012-13 NBA STANDINGS

Not quite this world:

Compared to their current performances in the real-world NBA, some teams and players have done unexpectedly well.

The Phoenix Suns, containing the most improved players of both the 11-12 and 12-13 seasons, entered the playoffs as the sixth seed, and reached the conference finals--all without Steve Nash.

The Ray Allenless Bostin Celtics ended the season with a 62-20 record, the second best in the league, and earned Doc Rivers a Coach of the Year award.

Hall of Famers:

Steve Nash had an All-Star final season, but it was tarnished by a series of unfortunate events. He was traded to the 76ers in a desperate move by the sinking LA Lakers, then suffered a season ending injury and announced his plans to retire at the end of the season.

In another sad note, Jason Kidd saw minimal minutes on the struggling New York Knicks (41-41), and was not very effective during those minutes. Both were inducted to the Hall of Fame.

THE KINGS, THE SUPERSONICS: WHERE THINGS STAND

Sold:

The Kings were sold and relocated to Seattle, where they will play at the KeyArena until the new stadium is built. The SuperSonics are back, but emotions are mixed: nobody wants to lose a team, and Seattle basketball fans know this better than anyone. The pressure is on the SuperSonic’s management to build a team worth the move. Make no mistake, the Kings roster is on route for a complete revamp. There are too many problems to count, both on and off the court.

In the previous season the Kings went 34-48, and ended third to last in the western conference.

Cousins:

Despite the organisation previously stating he was off-limits, trouble-maker DeMarcus Cousins was traded before the trade deadline. The Washington Wizards received Cousins alongside John Salmons in exchange for Bradley Beal, Trevor Ariza and their 2014 1st round draft pick.

The bright side: an expiring contract in Trevor Ariza creating more space to make moves in the offseason, a promising rookie in Beal, and for a team looking to rebuild every draft pick is worth something.

The... very big down side: DeMarcus Cousins could very well be the next dominate big, and the SuperSonics could have used that to build around. The tandem of John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins, previous Kentucky teammates, could be dangerous. It could also end his chemistry problems. If they saw success in 2014 the draft pick could be worthless.

Rookie of the Year:

There are several young bright spots still on the SuperSonics roster, including 2013 Rookie of the year Thomas Robinson.

However, make no mistake, it was a steal. Robinson, the 5th pick in the 2012 draft, is incredibly raw. He wasn’t in the running for ROTY until Damian Lillard suffered an injury that took him out for the majority of the season. But as the Kings went into full rebuild-mode Robinson began to take starting minutes and put up a solid 12.3 points, 9.1 rebounds on 30.8 minutes per game. Number 1 pick Anthony Davis ranked second in blocked shots in the NBA, but failed to find himself in New Orlean’s offence last season.

There is another player on the roster who won the ROTY just four years ago: Tyreke Evans. Evans never truly lived up to his expectations since then, and unless Robinson begins to contribute in a more efficient manner the ROTY award could look more like a curse than a boon for this team.

Coming next...

-2013 Draft Night
-Offseason moves

And, once the starting roster is complete, I will reveal the new 2013 SuperSonics uniform!
Last edited by Pitar on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Pitar

Postby Leftos on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:33 pm

Pitar, no idea there was another guy using NST for Association! I've been improving analysis features in preparation for a 2K13 story when REDitor comes out for it, so I think you'll really enjoy using it! Following this story, good luck!
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby hova- on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:56 am

Good start. Good luck, I like the trade cuz it gives you the possibility to start from scratch, a possibility the RL Sonics were robbed with the team moving to OKC.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mark. on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:03 am

Nice idea, looking forward to following this. Bring back The Glove and Kemp in the admin staff!
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Durant35 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:42 am

YEAH! SONICS! :D
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Postby Pitar on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:35 am

Thanks for the support everyone! Putting together the next update is taking longer than I thought. Quite proud of the jerseys! (first time making my own textures)

Leftos - it's a great tool! thanks for your hard work.

Can't wait to start the season. :crazyeyes:

Mark. wrote:Nice idea, looking forward to following this. Bring back The Glove and Kemp in the admin staff!

:wink: I might just steal this idea.
Pitar

June 25th, 2013 - NBA DRAFT NIGHT

Postby Pitar on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:31 pm

Transaction Report

June 25th, 2013

Image Image

Heat trade: '13 1st Round 29th Pick, Mike Miller

Suns trade: '13 2nd Round 26th Pick, Jermaine O'Neal

Image Image

Hornets trade: '13 2nd Round 6th Pick, Ryan Anderson

Warriors trade: David Lee

Blockbuster draft trade

June 25th, 2013

Image Image

The New Orleans Hornets move Ryan Anderson, along with their 2nd round pick, for the Golden State Warrior's David Lee. Ryan Anderson saw very limited minutes last season despite posting his usual efficient performances (6th in EFF: 48.2), and deadly marksmanship (14th in 3P%:0.465, 8th in true shooting %: 0.674). David Lee posted solid numbers last season (15ppg, 9rpg), but this is a worrying drop from the 11-12 season, where David Lee posted 20.3ppg and made his second all star appearance.

The Warriors picked Mason Plumlee for the 37th pick of the draft, but it remains to be seen if they have plans for the player.
Last edited by Pitar on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pitar

Postby Durant35 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Really liking those off-season reports. Jermaine should be a clog in the paint on the Heat. I guess the Hornets built a small twin tower? Btw, did you do a division re-alignment? Anyways, I'm ready for some action!
Click the pic!

Durant35

June 26th, 2013 - NBA ROOKIE WATCH

Postby Pitar on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:15 pm

NBA ROOKIE WATCH

June 26th, 2013

Apart from the Anderson-Lee trade, the greatest upset of the 2013 draft is number one hopeful Shabazz Muhammad, who was snubbed until the 11th pick where he was picked up by the Washington Wizards. With a large number of talented big men in the '13 draft, none of these picks were simple decisions. Let's take a closer look at the top picks of the draft and predict how they might fair in the NBA.

1. Dane Madsen
UCLA; 22 years old; 6' 9''; 237lb; PF/SF

Portland planning to join the trend to play small? Madsen was a late bloomer in college, and was not what many expected to be the number one pick. Make no mistake, however, the 6' 9'' Madsen is deadly from the low post. Whether it's crafty drives, bullying his man inside, or any one of his surprisingly developed post-moves, Madsen is instant scoring close to and around the rim. Combine this with good court vision, and you have one of the more efficient scoring options seen in college. The big question is whether the under-sized Madsen will be able to use his strength to the same effect in the NBA. His outside shooting is atrocious, and he knows it--spending as much time as he can in the post. Spacing will be an issue for Portland if they incorporate him into their offence. It's hard to tell whether he'll come off the bench to replace Hickson or Alridge, or share minutes with Gallinari. Despite being the number one pick he'll have to fight for his minutes.

2. Lee Blackwell
Duke; 20 years old; 6'9''; 215lb; PF

Lee Blackwell is a more athletic, less skilled version of Madsen. They both stand at 6' 9'', and both belong inside. Blackwell is capable of exploding to the rim at a moments notice, and finds himself at the free throw line at a brilliant rate. Blackwell is no shooter, however, and only average at creating space for himself. Puts up a large number of blocks, but also quick to jump on pump fakes. Huge upside, but will be coming of the bench for Jefferson and Favors, so don't expect him to be in the race for ROTY unless injuries occur.

3. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Georgia; 20 years old; 6'4''; 195lb; SG

Cleveland must think very highly of this young guard to take him as the 3rd pick, especially considering the remaining talent in the draft. Caldwell-Pope is a talented, athletic scorer, but deals most of his damage from long range where he is very inconsistent. Excellent off the dribble or in transition, but will need to improve his consistency to be effective in the NBA. Caldwell-Pope will likely be sharing minutes with Daniel Gibson, but has some work to do before becoming a solid backup.

4. Sam Keller
Georgia Tech; 20 years old; 6'10''; 243lb; PF

Listed at PF, but more than capable of taking up the role of centre. Keller has an NBA-ready body, and already displays a high IQ for such a young player. Not the quickest on the court, but possesses great hands for his height, a soft touch around the basket and enough range to fill the coveted stretch 4 position. The Bucks are loaded at the 4 spot with four solid players, so expect him to take a starting role either here or on another team.

5. J.P. Andrews
Syracuse; 21 years old; 6'10''; 240lb; PF

J.P. Andrews is incredibly gifted; he has height, touch, quickness and strength all at his command. Andrews can play above the rim and, while not a brilliant 3 point shooter, is still a threat from long range. There is no ceiling for this player, but unfortunately he carries the weight of his talent poorly and has proven to be an emotional player prone to bad heroics that cause more losses than wins. If Andrews found himself carrying a winning team he could be a frightening opponent, but on a losing team expect a frustrated and dysfunctional player. Andrews is playing for the Charlotte Bobcats.
Last edited by Pitar on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pitar

Postby Pitar on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:23 pm

Thanks Durant35, I really liked the clean way you presented your story, so I'm sure you've noticed the similarities! I'm a large advocate of stealing anything that works well. :wink:

I thought quite a bit about moving the team divisions about, but my game save is already quite temperamental after all the editing I've done that I think it would be a bad idea! Editing the schedule might be impossible also.
Pitar

Postby Mark. on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:12 pm

Nice presentation. Interesting trade there as well. Looking forward to seeing how Steven Adams develops with the Spurs!
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby mrblakevincent on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:29 pm

This looks phenomenal man! Best of luck! I'm FOLLOWING!
mrblakevincent

Re: October 25th, 2013 Off-season Recap

Postby Pitar on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:11 am

2013 Off-season Transaction Report

Oct 25th, 2013

• 76ers waive: Maalik Wayns. Sign: Davis Bertains to 1yr/$540k deal.
  • Bobcats waive: Brendan Haywood. Sign: Gerald Henderson to 1y/$4.27M deal.
  • Bucks waive: Mike Dunleavy. Sign: Nate Robinson to 5yr/$15.08M deal
  • Bulls sign: Shawn Marion to 1yr/$1.42M deal, Terrence Williams to 3yr/$11.88M deal.
  • Cavaliers waive: Dion Waiters. Sign: Samardo Samuels to 3yr/$4.82M deal, Luke Harangody to 2yr/$2.07M deal.
  • Clippers waive: Ronny Turiaf, Willie Green, Trey Thompkins. Sign: Paul Millsap to 5yr/$23.62M deal.
  • Grizzlies sign: Chris Wright to 1yr/$540k deal.
  • Hawks waive: DeShawn Stevenson, John Jenkins. Sign: Dwight Howard to 4yr/$72.67M deal, Jeff Teague to 4yr/$25.87M deal, Damion James to 3yr/$14.64M deal.
  • Heat sign: Jerome Jordan to 1yr/$2.37M deal.
  • Hornets waive: Brian Roberts, Chris Anderson.
  • Knicks sign: J.R. Smith to 4yr/$34.92M deal, Ronnie Brewer to 1yr/$1.49M deal.
  • Lakers sign: Chris Kaman to 3yr/$7.72M deal, Elton Brand to 3yr/$4.67M deal, Devin Ebanks to 1yr/$1.19M deal.
  • Magic waive: Maurice Harkless, E'Twaun Moore. Signs: DeQuan Jones to 1yr/$532k deal, Daniel Orton to 3yr/$21.14M deal.
  • Mavericks sign: Greg Oden to 4yr/$59.10M deal
  • Nuggets waive: Kosta Koufos, Evan Fournier. Sign: Andray Blatche to 3yr/$20.46M deal.
  • Pacers waive: Ian Mahinmi. Sign: Ben Hansbrough to 1yr/$532k deal.
  • Pistons waive: Kyle Singler. Sign: Charlie Villanueva to 3yr/$4.62M deal, Andre Iguodala to 4yr/$41.15M deal.
  • Raptors waive: Quincy Acy. Sign: DeMar DeRozan to 4yr/$22.48M deal
  • Spurs waive: Boris Diaw, Matt Bonner. Sign: DeJuan Blair to 1yr/$1.19M deal.
  • Suns waive: P.J. Tucker. Sign: Wesley Johnson to 4yr/$27.69M deal.
  • SuperSonics hire: head coach Nate McMillan, assistant coach Gary Payton. Sign: Brandon Jennings to 4yr/$36.20M deal, Reggie Williams to 2yr/$6.30M deal, Tiago Splitter to 1yr/$3.67M deal.
  • Trail Blazers waive: Ronnie Price, Jared Jeffries, Sasha Pavlovic
  • Rockets waive: Terrence Jones, Scott Machado, Daequan Cook
  • Thunder sign: Eric Maynor to 1yr/$3.35M deal.
  • Timberwolves sign: Chase Budinger to 1yr/$995k deal.
  • Trail Blazers sign: Elliot Williams to 1yr/$2.09M deal, Luke Babbitt to 1yr/$2.66M deal.
  • Warriors waive: Jeremy Tyler. Sign: Jarrett Jack to 4yr/$8.63M deal
Off-season Recap - Dwight Howard Returns Home

October 25th, 2013

Image Image Image

It was a star-studded free agency this off-season, but the biggest deals were dealt to Dwight Howard, Andre Iguodala and Greg Oden.

The Hawks tried to trade for Dwight Howard last season but failed to make a deal, now they sign him in free agency to four year contract worth almost 73 million dollars. Howard had a solid individual season last year despite coming off back surgery and the Lakers' team-efforts failing to live up to expectations. He lead the league in rebounds (13.1), was 4th in total blocks made (104), and made history once more by adding another Defensive Player of the Year award to his collection. That makes five in a row.
    Howard already appeared tired of the LA limelight, however, and made the decision to sign to his home town Atlanta. Expect him to be there for the full four years--he wants to create a dynasty. Unless the Hawks plan to build around three front court players in Howard, Horford and Josh Smith, expect to see them look to make a trade.

The Mavericks take a big gamble on injury-plagued Greg Oden, signing him to a 4 year, 59 million dollar deal. The 2007 #1 pick has the potential to dominate if he can stay on the court.

The Nuggets couldn't put the pieces together around Andre Iguodala and narrowly missed the playoffs. After Iguodala's one-year-stint with the team he will be looking for some stability and a plan to build a contending team. The Detroit Pistons signed him to a 4 year, 41 million dollar contract.

Last edited by Pitar on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pitar

Tentative SuperSonics Lineup; New Uniform Revealed

Postby Pitar on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:15 am

MEET YOUR NEW

SEATTLE SUPERSONICS

Image Image
Brandon Jennings, the new starting point guard for the Sonics, revealed the team's new look.

While the dust has yet to settle for the new Sonics roster, it still looks like a questionable assembly of talent. More changes are certain, but unlikely to be finalized before the season opener. Without Cousins in line-up, one of the big questions for the Sonics coming into this season was where the scoring was going to come from. Brandon Jennings was signed to a 4yr/$36M contract by the Sonics after the Bucks didn't offer an extension, and should help alleviate that problem. He averaged 17.7ppg last season, but made that number with terrible efficiency. More so, his 5.3apg will only marginally alleviate the team's other problem: terrible ball movement. Jennings will have to turn over a new leaf if he's to live up to his new contract.

The Spurs are in the process of completely rebuilding their roster after a dismal season last year, and the Sonics picked up Tiago Splitter on the cheap. At this moment he looks to be their starting center, but depending on how 6th pick Jason Ford plays, it wouldn't be surprising to see Splitter coming off the bench. His starting position could be threatened by a number of trades as well.

Apart from Jennings there is very little outside shooting on the line-up. There is every possibility Bradley Beal (2012 4th pick, received in trade involving DeMarcus Cousins) could take a starting role over Evans or Ariza to help unclog the paint.

Current Roster

Starting Five
Brandon Jennings | Tyreke Evans | Trevor Ariza | Thomas Robinson | Tiago Splitter

Role Players

Bradley Beal | Reggie Williams | Jason Ford | Marcus Wells | Toney Douglas

Bench / Reserves
Isaiah Thomas | James Johnson | Aaron Brooks | Jimmer Fredette | Chuck Hayes

Last edited by Pitar on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pitar

Postby Mark. on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:12 am

Man that is some amazing presentation right there! Where did you take all the player headshots from? The edit player menu? Also, LOVE those uniforms! Did you make them?
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Pitar on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:19 am

Thanks Mark.! I did take them from the edit menu. It was pretty easy to remove the background there with a few magic wand clicks. The uniforms are my own! They're actually based on one of the Wizard's retro jerseys, and are my first editing attempts. I hope no one is deeply offended by changing their colour scheme from green and yellow to green and gold (apologies to Celtics fans also, but they barely use gold). They reminded me too much of Australia's colours! (New Zealander here as well :wink: ) I also thought it's less loud and suits the current nba trend towards more minimal, classic designs (of which I heartedly approve). The short bottoms don't quite fit, and the shorts logo stretches in a really weird way, but too burnt out to make another edit.

Adams is very raw right now, but with the Spurs roster almost completely demolished by wacky AI after a bad season and Tim Duncan currently injured with sore knees, he'll get plenty of playing time. I feel bad for the Spurs; they're one of my favourite teams IRL, but the game just isn't a good enough simulation to replicate their excellent system.

Originally my team plan was to build around Jrue Holiday, who I'm much bigger on than Jennings, but I didn't realise he'd signed a massive extension IRL, so I had to change his contract to reflect that. :(

Current plan is to ship Evans, Aaron and Douglas (not sure how he made the roster, to be honest... the computer must have made the trade before I took control of the team), move Isaiah to backup PG and beal to starting SG. Hopefully get a PF who can shoot the ball (and try moving Robinson to the C position) or a SG/SF who can PASS.
Last edited by Pitar on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pitar

Postby Martti. on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:15 am

Jennings is a beast, I'll be following. Really clean presentation, the in-game headshots are awesome. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Mark. on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:31 pm

Pitar, Sweet, thanks for explaining how to do that, may have to do it myself too at some stage. Thought that might be the case but didn't want to be missing out on some awesome in game photoshoot feature or something!

Nah Uniforms look fantastic mate. May have to enlist your aide at some stage for me!

Another Kiwi, nice, seem to be a few of us hanging around on this forum. What part to do you hail from if you don't mind me asking? Spurs is a perfect spot for SA if you ask me. Learning from TD would be a great career starter.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:19 pm

The uniforms do look superb. (Y) Will follow!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Durant35 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:59 pm

Uniforms are hawt. Really liking those pictures and how you present them. And I noticed that Big Mac and The Glove are back! Sonics babeh! Hope we get some retro uniforms though.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Postby Stress Fracture on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:54 pm

WTF, Houston waived Terrence Jones? :?

And yeah, gonna follow this. I've always wanted to revive the Sonics in my NBA Live.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Seattle Draft Picks Recap, Returning SuperSonics

Postby Pitar on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:15 pm

Sonics Draft Summary

#6th Pick, Jason Ford
Kansas; 22 years old; 6' 11''; 242lb; C

The Sonic's first pick in the draft is Jason Ford, a 6' 11' pushing 7' center with excellent touch around the basket and the capacity to block like the best of them. He's shown flashes of mid-range ability, but looks more comfortable with his back to the basket inside the post. His go-to post move is a turn-around fade away, and he doesn't go to the line nearly enough, drawing some criticism that he can be a bit soft. This is a pity as he isn't bad from the free throw line. Will need to develop another post move or two before being a real option to run the offence through him, but the potential is there. He's a little on the thin side at the moment, but has the frame to put on a lot of weight. Could become a real obstacle in the paint for opponents in the future, and hopefully will be an integral piece of the SuperSonic's line-up.

#16th Pick, Marcus Wells
Missouri; 22 years old; 6' 7''; 239lb; SF

Marcus Wells is a stocky slashing forward that spent most of his college career driving through, not over, weaker players. He's built like a mule, but may not have the same success in the NBA against opponents of similar strength. Lacks the vertical or handle for his driving game to really succeed in the next level, and he'll have to work on his jumper to not be a liability at the small forward position. His mechanics aren't that bad, however, and the potential is there for a long NBA career. Great motor.

#37th Pick, Alex Len
Ukraine; 20 years old; 7' 1''; 250lb; C

For the 37th pick, the SuperSonics get a likely steal for the tall, talented big from Ukraine, Alex Len. Len is has shown flashes of impressive offensive capacity, and has a terrific wingspan and solid frame. The SuperSonics have high hopes for Len, but have decided to assign him to their D-League affiliate for the time being in order for him to get the playing time to develop.

Veteran SuperSonics Return to Seattle

Image Image

Nate McMillan, nicknamed "Mr. Sonic" for his 19 years of service to the team, will return to Seattle SuperSonics and take up the head coach position. McMillan served as head coach for the Sonics from 2000 to 2005, culminating in a 52 win season and a loss in the semi-conference finals. McMillan then moved to Portland to coach a trouble-riddled Trail Blazers team. McMillan was fired by the Trail Blazers midway through the 2011-12 season.

9-time NBA All-Star, 9-time NBA All-Defensive first team Gary Payton, who was amongst those who worked to return the SuperSonics to the NBA, will take up the assistant coach position. This is the star-studded SuperSonic veteran's first coaching position since he retired from the NBA in 2007.

2013 Off-season Transaction Report (cont.)
Oct 29th 2013

• Mavericks sign: O.J. Mayo to 5yr/$35.14M deal; Dominique Jones to 5yr/$13.40M deal.
  • Heat sign: Ray Allen to 2yr/$3.38M deal; Shane Battier to 3yr/$3.14M deal.

Apologies to any Alex Len fans, I made the draft class before his draft stock increased so much!
Pitar

November 2nd, Season Opener

Postby Pitar on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:20 pm

Season opener: New Orleans Pelicans @ Seattle SuperSonics

November 2nd, 2013

Seattle SuperSonics' opening night at KeyArena

New Orleans Pelicans
1-0

Greivis Vasquez | Eric Gordon | Al-Farouq Aminu | Anthony Davis | David Lee
Seattle SuperSonics
0-0

Brandon Jennings | Tyreke Evans | Trevor Ariza | Thomas Robinson | Tiago Splitter

Result:

103 Image @ Image110

Stat Analysis powered by NBA Stats Tracker
Last edited by Pitar on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pitar

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood