"We Will" - Heart & Hustle 2.0 | Draft Lottery

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: "We Will" - Heart & Hustle 2.0 | G3 3-7 + Trade Rumours

Postby mp3 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:34 am

Tough loss but the Hawks are a killer team to handle !
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Mark. on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:54 am

Yeah, they are tough. They were rated roughly the same as me, but Smoove nails all his mid range shots if you give him space. Probably could have done a better job of defensive assignments.
Didn't help that BBD was playing injured either, was reluctant to use him but probably brought him back in too late.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:41 am

Dunno who would want to take Hedo...I mean if it was 09 there might be takers but he's declined too much now :?
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Mark. on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:30 am

Yeah he will be tough to move. I could hold on to him, his contract is only partially guaranteed next season (I will edit his next season contract to reflect his I think). He could work out on a Vet heavy team like the Spurs. Will just play it out and see if any teams become light at that spot.
He could also be a good option for the Thunder, pretty good fit at backup behind KD.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:23 pm

mmm yeah I reckon hold onto him and just waive him next season, theres no point trading him and taking back similar contracts anyways
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Mark. on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:41 pm

Yeah it is more a need to free up more playing time. He is absolutely rubbish to play with in this game. I mean I have Afflalo and Harkless out and still I prefer Harrington, McBob and Jones over Hedo at the 3. Used to like the guy but just an annoyance IRL and in the game now.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:38 pm

Just have him off the bench or just give him DNPs altogether if he doesn't produce for you better than those other guys :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby mp3 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:19 pm

Id roll with Jones at the 3, i know hes shorter but is a high flyer and good defender. trade Turk (Y)
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Mark. on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:02 am

Valor, Yeah that is what is currently happening. Perhaps if I change how I use him it could help. He could be a stretch 4 options adding a dash of play making when needed. Problem is he is shooting a terrible clip so far this season for me.

mp3, I like Jones, he is just soo limited on offense. He gets a fair amount of minutes though right now, just doesn't finish games that often. Between him and Hark I have a good defensive coverage at the 3.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Valor on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:51 am

Mark. wrote:Valor, Yeah that is what is currently happening. Perhaps if I change how I use him it could help. He could be a stretch 4 options adding a dash of play making when needed. Problem is he is shooting a terrible clip so far this season for me.

You using real % or shot stick timing?
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Mark. on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:03 pm

Valor, Real % He is probably just in a slump. I will hang on to him then probably cut him next season and just have his remaining 6m count towards the cap. He could come in useful if I make a playoff push.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby hova- on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:21 pm

I think in the game Hedo can still be valuable if you get his shot to fall. He has above average passing and handling. The contract is your biggest problem.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mark. on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:42 am

hova-, Yeah his ball handling ability is good. Just find it annoying that he always comes for the inbounds when he is on. I know that is how the Magic often used to run, but not now that I like to try push the pace. To be fair that is something that I could change easily in my team settings, but I like all the drama and frustration that comes with it Haha.

Either way there will be trades coming. I am uncertain on how I plan to rebuild just yet. But rest assured it will be by focusing on long term flexibility until I have a core ready to make a push. Article coming on that in the near future too.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Valor on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:32 pm

Mark. wrote:Valor, Real % He is probably just in a slump. I will hang on to him then probably cut him next season and just have his remaining 6m count towards the cap. He could come in useful if I make a playoff push.

Yeah I reckon just keep him playing mostly as a stretch 4 and wait for his shot to come back, he's not really good enough to be effective at the 3 anymore
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Mark. on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:02 am

Valor, Yeah that is where he works best. He is too slow to handle the ball and struggles to break his man down at all, can't get into the lane etc.

Updates have been prepared guys. Just waiting for my ISP to sort their stuff out. Moved flats and still no internet except for at work.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Mark. on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:22 am

Last edited by Mark. on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Re: "We Will" - Heart & Hustle 2.0 | G3 5-7 + Article

Postby Valor on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:52 pm

Great write up Mark, love how JJ's doing great for you here like he is IRL. It's not much but still a solid start to a rebuilding process (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Mark. on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:10 pm

Valor, Cheers man. It was kind of piece I just felt like writing as I was assessing how my team was going and the pieces I had. Actually came about as I was deciding what to do with Hedo!!

Sorry about the bad grammar, just looking through it I found a few typos. I was just fed up with having no internet, that as soon as we got connected I decided to post what I had Haha!
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Re: "We Will" - Heart & Hustle 2.0 | G2 2-6 | Hark Inj

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:48 pm

Mark. wrote: Sit, Cheers mate, hope you didn't mind the similarity in Story names, but the term Heart & Hustle has a special place in Orlando history so thought it would be fitting for this season. Early Boykins is at the top of my wish list, don't you worry.

Yeah, it's all good :)

Our stories are very different so doesn't matter to me! :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Durant35 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:07 am

Very good analysis. The Magic are on pace to get a high draft pick and a potential all-star.
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Postby Valor on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:04 pm

Mark. wrote:Valor, Cheers man. It was kind of piece I just felt like writing as I was assessing how my team was going and the pieces I had. Actually came about as I was deciding what to do with Hedo!!

Sorry about the bad grammar, just looking through it I found a few typos. I was just fed up with having no internet, that as soon as we got connected I decided to post what I had Haha!

Yeah it's a good read, np about the typos lol it happens :)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Good read, I don't know about Big Baby being a good idol for your young player ;) Harkless, Nicholson and Moore are a nice prospects, but it's a real pain that the Magic are lacking that one person to build around.

I like that Vucevic is putting up the numbers. He's a potential 2nd or 3rd option if he continues developing. Youre on pace for a too good record though. Just a tad below .500 won't give you a great pick.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mark. on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:07 am

Sit, Good to hear (Y) Looking forward to the both of us picking up the pace a little!

Durant35, Cheers dude. Yeah I am hoping for a decent pick, but am by no means tanking. I doubt I will dabble too much in Free Agency however. Not really that excited by this coming Free Agent pool so will only sign value deals.

hova-, Thanks man. Yeha there is no real building block to build around, hopefully can find one of those in the next draft or two, 2014 being the real prize I guess. Haha well you can never question Big Baby's heart, but would hope he isn't passing on eating habits!

Yeah my ideal scenario is for Vucci to be the 3rd option. Hoping to pair him with a good low post option as well. Although that player really needs to be a good defender. A Vucci/Noel front court would be formidable!

Oh I don't expect my record to get much better in terms of % by the end of the season. We have a pretty easy schedule to start really.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:13 pm

I wouldn't trade Vucevic... not right now :lol: Also there's a lot of rumors around Redick, you keeping him?
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Signs (2002), The Other (1972), Ferrari (2023) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Larvae on Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Hmm, good article. I think Hennigan is doing a good job. (Y)
Its still a rebuilding team, you'll have ups and downs. :mrgreen:
Larvae
The Other Guy.

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood