Another career ruined by injury...Or is it?

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Another career ruined by injury...Or is it?

Postby Rosque on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:56 am

I'm David Carter, 23 years old combo guard from Chicago State University. I'm 6'3 ft tall and I weigh 175 pounds. That's basically who I am. If you want to know me better you'll follow my story as it unfolds right in front of your eyes.

Roster: slimm44 Opening roster 5
Difficulty: Superstar
Game Style: Default
Minutes: 12
Last edited by Rosque on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rosque

Re: Another career ruined by injury...Or is it?

Postby Rosque on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:56 am

Who am I, you might ask. And I'll give you an answer. I'm David Carter. I come from a family which was raised by my older brother Tyrus, 31, who died last year in a car accident. My mother struggles to find any sort of job so Tyrus found a job just so he can feed the three of us. I have no father, and honestly Tyrus and my mom were only support I ever needed in my life. Since the sudden death of my brother my life as a basketball player and a regular guy has gone down the hill. I'll keep this short. I failed to be the support to my mom I wanted to be and jumped from one part-time job to another. This made us being left out of electricity sometimes and sometimes without warm water. It was tough for me to maintain good grades in school, develop as a basketball player and work. I skipped a lot, and I mean a LOT of classes in University. This brought troubles and warnings about being expelled but they tolerated me because of my basketball skills.

As a basketball player, I am a Shooting Guard but due to my size I am mostly played at Point Guard. I'm not that great of a passer since my last season with Cougars I had 2.6 assists per game. And I love to shoot the rock. I also averaged 27.4 points per game while shooting 49 percent from the field and 48 behind the arc. Even with my stats we combined for 4-26 record in NCAA I Division. And then at my last game of the season against NJIT I crossed opponents point guard and...tore ACL in mid-March. Just like D-Rose tore his. Excruciating pain and my plans about making a living as a basketball player went down the drain. My career, everything I worked for became... non-existent in a second. How am I going to pay the bills? But I didn't give up. I was only 21 years old and had a hand touched by God. At least I could work on my jumpshot if I lose most of my athleticism. I don't know. I praised to the God every day and knew He was listening to me.

Rehabilitation went great, better than expected. 7 months after I tore my ACL I started running and shooting. Everything felt good. But the pain was still there as I tried to get big height on my jumpshot. Could it be that I still have chance for NBA, even as a role player? But I lost a whole season and even better players don't get selected at draft. Look at Ginobili, he was 57th pick in the NBA. And he is still top 5 Shooting Guards even at the age of 34. A lot of thoughts whether or not I can make it to the big league.

June 30th, 2012

I got a call from Dion Waiter, a great friend of mine with whom I stayed in contact after spending my first 6 years of life with him in Chicago. Yeah, he's from Chicago too. But moved early in his life. I got in contact with him just after I finished my High School.

Waiters: Hey, David, it's Dion.

Carter: Hey bro. What's up?

Waiters: Nothing, same as usual. How 'bout you?

Carter: About to go to practice to go to the court and shoot.

Waiters: Listen, I have one big question for you.

Carter (confused): Say it.

Waiters: We want you to play a pick up game with 25 another top prospects in the country, including myself.

Carter: Wait, you're kidding me? How are you going to make 25 people to come to some court and play meaningless pickup game?

Waiters: It's not me. It's the NCAA. They didn't forget about you and your scoring ability. And we would play at Madison Square Garden. You know, the Mecca of basketball.

Carter(delighted): Yeah I know what MSG is. (laughs nervously) And yeah, I'll do it... but... I haven't played a 5-on-5 game in more than a year. All I did was practice and pickup games at local court playing streetball.

Waiters: Can you still shoot?

Carter : Of course I can!

Waiters: Then see you next week at MSG, will call you when is the game. Later bro.

Carter: Thanks Dion.. This means a lot to me.

Madison Square Garden. The Mecca of basketball. I'm going to step on the same floor that once Michael Jordan played on. I hope I can do it...
While I was entering the stadium I saw 'Melo and asked him about autograph. He was polite, said yes and also said 'Good luck'. What does that mean? Does he know I'm going to play? It can't be. Why should Carmelo Anthony know who I am? Well... I entered the locker room and the first I heard was Dion as he hugged me and sit me besides him. I was rather confused. At least I got an opportunity to shine. As I was putting my Jordan calf sleeve he asked my why in the world do I have old shoes. I told him that I had to sell my new ones to afford flight here. He laughed and said that I'll be getting paychecks so big that I'll buy 50 sneakers at once and I wouldn't even feel it in my bank account. I thought he was being sarcastic... All I said to him was: ''Just be ready to get owned, just like in the old days.'' He just laughed and we entered the court through tunnel and 20 000 people started cheering for us.. I felt dizzy because of that. But I didn't wanted that to disturb me. My goal was to hit few buckets, play decent defense and somebody just might take me at the draft or through Summer League.

First few shots I felt like I wasn't getting enough elevation on my jumpshot and my confidence was dropping. But then I hit big three right in Bradley Beals face and I was feeling just like roughly two years ago when I was in college. Had few turnovers but also 4 assists. Finished with 13 points shooting 45 percent form the floor and with 3 out of 7 threes. I was kinda happy. Not entirely. On defense I was slow and backed of from any hard contact.. I hope I satisfied at least two GM's.

Next day I got a call from GM of...

p.s. I know this is a lot of text. But in future there will be very little text.
Rosque

Postby Woogie98 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:34 pm

Intriguing :mrgreen:
***SNEAKERHEADS UNITE***
Woogie98

Postby Rosque on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:35 am

Woogie98 wrote:Intriguing :mrgreen:

Thanks. I'm having trouble with my save files. slimm44 and Albys rosters crash after first game. I think I'll wait new update from slimm and/or Albys and try again. Don't want to play with Official Rosters.
Rosque

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood