PDX • THE BLΛSTOFF • // Viruses, of course

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: [5-3] PDX • THE BLΛSTOFF :: E07, E08...

Postby Larvae on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:50 pm

I just found this one out.. My goodness. :facepalm2:
But anyway, great to see you with a new Association. (Y) I'll keep my eye on this. :cheeky:
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Re: [5-3] PDX • THE BLΛSTOFF :: E07, E08...

Postby hova- on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:07 pm

Good to see this one continuing. Lillard really exploded in the 2nd against the Kings. losing to the Hawks is okay.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

PDX • THE BLΛSTOFF :: Blazing Back In Time • 1992

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:35 am

Preview | Starting Lineups | Recap | Game Info | Full Play-by-Play | Boxscores (POR :: GSW) | (FULL STATS)

GOLDEN STATE (The Oregonian, Nov. 14, 1992) // Terry Porter and the Portland Trail Blazers are getting more and more confident... they should be with the way they're playing. Porter scored 40 points, including 25 points in the fourth quarter to lead a rousing comeback for the Blazers -- no player in Blazers history has scored more points in a quarter than tonight, as the team won in Golden State, beating the Warriors 130-116. “His confidence is sky high, as is our whole team,” said coach Rick Adelman. The Blazers have won four consecutive games and are still undefeated, sitting top of the Pacific Division. Golden State held a 97-90 lead with 8:16 left in the final quarter when Porter took over.

In a 2:11 span, Portland went on an 18-5 run, with Porter scoring 16. During the run, he hit three treys, two short jumpers and all three of his free throws. He finished the night making 7-of-8 shots in the fourth, including all four of his three-point tries, and 7-of-8 from the free throw line. “It was one of those nights where the ball felt good every time it left my hands.” Clyde Drexler added 31 points, ten rebounds and seven assists, while Jerome Kersey had 20 and Rod Strickland 10 as a reserve. Chris Mullin scored a season-high 35 for the Warriors on 12-of-18 shooting. At least Chris was able to get into a rhythm tonight,” said rookie Latrell Sprewell, who contributed with 14 points and seven rebounds. Tim Hardaway added 19 and nine assists.

TODAY // The Trail Blazers raised jersey #30 to the rafters not once, but twice, during December of 2008 to honor the contributions of Porter and Bobby Gross, becoming just the third NBA jersey to be retired on behalf of multiple players. A 6-3 point guard who played in Portland from 1985-95, Porter averaged 14.9 points and 7.0 assists per game during his 10-year tenure and was a two-time All-Star, remaining the all-time assist leader (5,319) and second-leading scorer (11,330) in Trail Blazers history behind Drexler. He is among the franchise’s all-time leaders in nearly every significant statistical category, including games played (758; 3rd) and minutes played (23,978; 2nd). “He was the consummate point guard,” Drexler said. “If you were open, he would get you the ball. And although he was our secondary scorer, he probably could have been a primary scorer. Because he could just light it up.”

Currently an assistant coach of the Minnesota Timberwolves (with Adelman being, coincidentially, the head coach of the team), Porter was a first-round draft choice (24th overall) out of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. Before his second year, the team had traded point guards Darnell Valentine and Steve Colter, and the job was his. He also had stints with the Timberwolves, Miami and San Antonio during his stellar 17-year NBA career. “The Trail Blazers organization gave me a big chance and believed in me when 23 other teams did not, so they will always be special to me. But this caps it off. I am honored and moved that they feel my jersey should be retired,” he said that night of 2008. “It's always nice when your body of work is done and your accomplishments are there to reflect on. I wouldn't change a thing.”
Image Image Image Image Image

× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Blazing Saddles (1974), Signs (2002), The Other (1972) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: PDX • THE BLΛSTOFF :: Blazing Back In Time • 1992

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:36 am

Larvae wrote:I just found this one out.. My goodness. :facepalm2:
But anyway, great to see you with a new Association. (Y) I'll keep my eye on this. :cheeky:

I know man, I know. I forgive you. :lol: I'm trying to put it back on track.

hova- wrote:Good to see this one continuing. Lillard really exploded in the 2nd against the Kings. losing to the Hawks is okay.

Thanks Hov. I using all my free time on this, hopefully it will go faster from now on.

Any comments...? :cheeky:
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Mark. on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:00 am

Nice wee feature there man. Probably something you don't want to over use though, otherwise you will never get through a season!
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Larvae on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:04 pm

Good add-on man (Y)
A pretty balanced scoring i think.. 91 Points combined by 3 of your starters. :applaud:
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:02 am

1992 NBA Finals, Bulls in 6, Jordan played with Clyde Drexler and dominated him from start to finish....sorry, couldn't resist :lol: :lol:

nice little aside nonetheless (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:02 am

Good rewind, I like that although I am not a fan of the old Blazers teams.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: PDX • THE BLΛSTOFF • // Viruses, of course

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:34 am

Thanks for the comments guys, I know some of you aren't fan of old teams in the league, but I thought it was a nice touch and a chance to remember history.

Now, to the bad part of the story... another virus made me lose all my backups in my computer. As the idiot I am, I didn't send an email with another backup as you guys told me a thousand times, so I'm just gonna go ahead and put an end to this one. That's the reason why I've been away this last couple of weeks, installing everything again. Now I finally found some free time and I can say I'm making good use of my job (PAYDAY SOON!), so expect a new association in the coming days, with a team I decided today and that I already used. Hopefully this time it will work around completely.

:turrible:
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Mark. on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:51 am

Damn bro, that is annoying. I might hit you up once a week on FB to make sure you are emailing yourself a backup!!

EDIT: Looking forward to seeing what the new team is though!
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Axel The Great on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:53 pm

Wow that really sucks. Goes to show you that one slip of the mind can really cost you sometimes. Good luck in your next story, and hopefully it doesn't happen again. :)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Larvae on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:44 pm

Oh snap. But i'll know you'll bounce back. :cheeky:
Good luck with the next one. I'll still be following it. (Y)
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Postby mp3 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:27 am

:turrible:

Unlucky mate!
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:39 am

bummer man, you gonna come back with another Portland one or choosing a new team?
Valor
Fire GarPax

Previous

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood