Daniel Diary Season 2 - Still a Rocket

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Daniel Diary Season 2 - Still a Rocket

Postby Alphasim on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:31 pm

Quick question for everyone; would anyone be interested in me either live streaming my games or recording them (and then uploading it to YouTube)? If so, would you prefer with or without running commentary by me?
Die-hard Cleveland sports fan for 30+ years -- Not recommended for the faint of heart
Alphasim

Postby Alphasim on Mon May 06, 2013 5:29 pm

Judging by the overwhelming responses, I figure I'll stick with the written/picture-based updates.

We played the .500 Heat, who should really be allot better than they are right now. LeBron, Wade and Bosh now have George Hill running the point so they should be better than average. In any case, the Houston buzz saw just rolled through and reduced them to rubble

I have definitely reached that point in my career where defenses don't matter that much anymore. In this game I lost my shot partway through the 2nd quarter (I finished the first half with 15 points), but found it again in the 3rd, to the point where I started just throwing things at the rim to see if I could miss. The answer? Not really - I finished with 47 points on 64% shooting (32 points on over 70% shooting in the 2nd half). I also had 5 rebounds and 5 steals. LeBron and Wade each scored 24 so they, combined outscored me by one, and on worse shooting (59% to my 64%).

To think, I went into this game trying to take a step back offensively to save myself for a long playoff run. That didn't work out, did it?

I used NBA Stats Tracker tool to get some numbers and scouting reports for future updates, but two things stood out right away. For one, I'm 5th among point guards in blocked shots, which I didn't know. Secondly, the scouting report for the Rockets includes the line, "Simply forgot about defense," and I couldn't agree more. On major, MAJOR issue is that we give up way over half of our opponents field goals in the paint. For example, at one point in the Heat game, they had 18 points, and 16 had come in the paint. This HAS to stop. I don't know what we can do at this point but we need to fix this gaping flaw.
Die-hard Cleveland sports fan for 30+ years -- Not recommended for the faint of heart
Alphasim

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed May 08, 2013 8:26 am

If you start uploading to youtube with your commentaries, I would advise starting a new MyPlayer or something because most of the time, people don't like starting from the middle of the season, a bit weird.

Simply forgot about the defense? This is nothing new in 2K13, interior defense is impossible. Also, the to nice shooting to complement scoring, I used to strive for that when I first started my MyCareer in 2K13 too.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Alphasim on Wed May 15, 2013 1:20 am

I lost my starting point guard spot. Seriously, I got ousted for Jeremy Lin at the point spot again! I'm back at the 2-guard spot now. I'm still starting, mind you, but not at my natural position anymore.

(I'm imagining he's tossing Lin's head my way)

It's an understatement to say that Lin and I do not get along. He thinks he's our #1 player, and even when I call for the rock, will not pass to me. He won't give me the ball unless his life is in peril - and even then he would have to think about it first. He's at the top of my "why I might leave this offseason" list.

Anyway, to our latest game.

We came out cold against Charlotte, quickly going down 10-0. We fought back with a 15-4 run to take the lead but after an 18-18 tie, we trailed through the start of the fourth. My shot was feeling cold at that point (a mistaken feeling - more on that later) but no one else was scoring, either so I decided so shoot us back into the game.

The fourth quarter started with us down 76-73 and I made 14 straight shots (including three treys) but either John Wall (starting pg for Charlotte now) or Michael Kidd-Gilchrist scored after each and every basket. We could not make a single stop and eventually my scoring binge cost me enough stamina that I was too worn down to carry us anymore. Despite my electric scoring we played the quarter to a 37-37 draw and lost.

About that cold shooting start I had, I actually noticed at the start of the fourth that I was shooting over 60% at the time. I finished up at 66% after following that scoring run with an cold stretch on dead legs. I finished with 53 points (a new career high), 4 rebounds, 1 assist and a sour feeling.
Alphasim

Postby Mark. on Wed May 15, 2013 10:53 am

Damn Lin eh. Nice touch with the Stats tool info.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Alphasim on Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:45 pm

In case anyone was wondering how my season has been going, I have been playing it on and off. I recently wrapped up the regular season with a flourish.

I cruised to MVP with season stats of 21.8 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 4.3 apg and 1.0 spg on 18.7 mpg, while shooting 54.7% from the field. I also led the league with a PER of 29.3.

I also got to make my own shoes. I styled them for quickness, since that was one of my few weak points.

Round one of the playoffs against Phoenix weren't very exciting, so I'll just summarize it.

We cruised to a sweep, and I finished with lines of 34-2-8-2, 24-4-14-4, 39-4-6-0 and 27-5-11-5.

Round two is next in line, and I'm curious to see who we're going face. Something about that Phoenix series worried me; I semi-cruised but was still out of stamina by the end of games and always got sloppy in the 4th quarter. If that continues against a good team we could be in trouble.
Alphasim

Previous

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood