::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: 2013-14 Season Preview

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Free Agency News

Postby Mark. on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:46 am

Smith or Green would do just fine for your team. Green has the potential while Smith has the established rep.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby mpac on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:54 pm

I vote for josh smith or jeff green. No offense to anyone but find jr smith only reliable when ball is always in his hands. You dont need it anymore with your roster :)
mpac

Postby Cruzerr on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:04 pm

Too much catching up to do, damn it. :D
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:11 am

Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:A surprisingly positive post from you.

I just said I'm not sold :lol: Guess that's positive from me in regards to the Pistons :P

It was very positive from you. hahaha

Mark. wrote:Smith or Green would do just fine for your team. Green has the potential while Smith has the established rep.

Joe D will be going for either one of them and try and sign JR Smith to the MLE. (Y)

mpac wrote:I vote for josh smith or jeff green. No offense to anyone but find jr smith only reliable when ball is always in his hands. You dont need it anymore with your roster :)

We may need some of his scoring ability though. Could be useful :)

Cruzerr wrote:Too much catching up to do, damn it. :D

(Y) Welcome back!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Haven't been here in a while
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:31 pm

SuperHueyNewton wrote:Haven't been here in a while

Who?
Fresh8

Postby mp3 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:05 pm

I actually think a Smith and Smith combo would work quite well to be honest, Josh fits the bad boy image.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:08 am

I mean me lol
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:33 pm

mp3 wrote:I actually think a Smith and Smith combo would work quite well to be honest, Josh fits the bad boy image.

(Y)

Josh Smith is a better starting SF than Prince. JR Smith is a better starting SG than Rudy or Rush. That's the direction to take I suppose.

Projected starters: Oden / Monroe / Smith / Smith / Knight

What do y'all think?

Updates coming tonight
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Feedback?

Postby Cruzerr on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:04 am

Smith and Smith would be pretty good, but if you can`t get Josh, then having Green wouldn`t be bad at all.
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby mpac on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:27 pm

Interior D will be strong but i think you may have a hard time against fast teams. :)
mpac

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Chris Paul Open To Offers
7 July 2013
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chris Paul has spent two successful seasons with the LA Clippers but he has dropped the biggest bombshell on the franchise by announcing that he would test free agency.

“I want to see what else is out there,” the perennial All-Star stated, “I want to hear all the other offers.”

Hawks Working Hard To Mend Relationship With Smith
7 July 2013

The Atlanta Hawks are working overtime to ensure that the enigmatic Josh Smith does not leave their franchise. Smith has played his entire career with the Hawks and reportedly had a falling out with the Hawks front office halfway through last season. The Hawks tried desperately to trade Smith and it backfired when Smith took it personally.

“I’m not coming back,” Smith famously stated in April at the end of the season.

Gilbert Arenas Close To NBA Return
7 July 2013

Gilbert Arenas has spent a year offshore and wants to make a return to the NBA. The journeyman has reportedly struck up some interest from a number of teams and looks set to be back on a roster soon. Arenas had a strong year in the Chinese Basketball Association and could be a strong sixth man option for some NBA squads.

JR Smith and Detroit Pistons Have Mutual Interest
8 July 2013

The Detroit Pistons are looking for a cheap starting shooting guard and former Knick JR Smith might be their answer. Smith is known for his scoring ability and could come very handy for the Pistons who lack a consistent perimeter scorer. Smith would be a solid acquisition for the Pistons and help spread the floor so that big men Greg Oden and Greg Monroe can operate in the paint.

Smith is said to be looking for a bigger role and doesn’t mind taking less money to do that. Sources state that Smith is happy to sign for the mid-level as long as the role is right. It is not anticipated that many teams would be looking to give Smith a starting role.

The Chicago Bulls and LA Clippers are both said to be interested in Smith also.
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: more Free Agency new

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:22 am

2K didn't make J.R. as loyal as he is in real life in 2K. Can you imagine a player of his caliber only taking $2.9? It slightly annoys me to see him walk when in real life his has said numerous amounts of times he wants to stay.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:08 pm

SuperHueyNewton wrote:2K didn't make J.R. as loyal as he is in real life in 2K. Can you imagine a player of his caliber only taking $2.9? It slightly annoys me to see him walk when in real life his has said numerous amounts of times he wants to stay.

I suppose he didn't win sixth man of the year in the virtual world and Knicks weren't as successful! Only a 7 seed. :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sat May 11, 2013 8:14 pm

CHAPTER 11

Dumars got hung up on by Michael Jordan.
“What did he say?” Bobby quizzed.
“He told me to get lost,” Dumars said, “Well, to fuck off if you want me to be precise.”
Bobby stated the obvious, “You got to stop trying to rip everyone off Joe. This isn’t a video game.”
The NBA Draft was about to begin as the two of them were still travelling to MSG. Dumars was still trying to trade up in the Draft. The buzz surrounding the event was that JJ Theus would be the number one draft pick and only Malcolm Cole could fathomably be picked ahead of Theus. However, there were mumbles going around that Orange man Dorrell Blackwell had shot up the Draft into top pick contention. Those discussions only began hours earlier.
“Only the Cavs would be stupid enough to take Blackwell at number one,” Dumars snickered.
Bobby was growing sick of Dumars’ comments and thought to himself, so says the guy who picked Darko! Bobby couldn’t believe that Dumars was going to gamble on Vladimir Toroman if he could get high enough in the draft - high in terms of draft position and high in other ways also.
“What’s the game plan tonight?” Bobby asked Dumars to confirm.
Dumars had two names.
“Toroman,” he said straight away.
He then added, “Connor.”
That was expected. Dumars had been harping about both of them for days. Bobby liked Connor a lot too. He was cold on Toroman. He was also really intrigued by another prospect – Vince Bellamy. Who doesn’t like a tall shooting guard with point guard skills! Well, Dumars was a sceptic.
“We already have Brandon Knight,” Dumars argued every time Bobby brang up Bellamy.

Michael Smith was shirtless and wearing his cap backwards as he addressed the media in front of his home. He had called his contacts the night before to leak that he would be quitting the NFL for the foreseeable future. He arranged for word to spread so he would have the first opportunity to tell the world before the NFL could act. Smith was cocky for sure and knew that he would attract quite a bit of attention.
“Thanks for coming y’all,” he addressed them, “I want to thank all my fans and my family and friends for their support. I’m quitting the NFL because those folk don’t appreciate the money I’m bringing to the game. I bring ratings. I don’t think they like ratings”
One of the reporters stuck a microphone closer into his face and Smith pushed it away forcefully, “Get that out of my fucking face!”
“Michael, what’s changed that has made you decide to quit football?” one reporter asked.
“Nothing’s changed and that’s the problem. Man, I’m the one lifting this damn Detroit Lions on my back. The League is against me and then the team is against me. I’m not playing with people who don’t have my back,” Smith was bitter, “You know the other night right. A few months ago when we was on a losing streak, everyone stopped talking to me. Come on man, I’m the best player on the team. You don’t turn your back on me. Fuck you Detroit Lions!”
Smith looked right into one of the cameras and pointed into the middle of the lens with his index finger, “Fuck you Detroit Lions!”
Another reporter asked, “What are you going to do after football?”
“I ain’t got no time for that shit,” Smith said, “I’m going to just chill. I’m going to do something. I haven’t decided.”
“You were a track and field star back in college,” one reporter stated, “Will you be looking at other sports?”
He was confident, “I know I can do whatever I like. I could even be at the Olympics and beating Usain Bolt that motherfucker. You guys could see me soon in another sport. I can dominate. Right now I’m just going to do what’s best for me. That’s partying man.”
“There hasn’t been any word from the NFL Head Office. What do you think?” was the next question.
Smith laughed, “Man, I don’t give a fuck. All I know is that I’m a superstar. I’m brighter than Kanye West man.”
The ‘press conference’ lasted another fifteen minutes and only went downhill from there. No one had any idea why they were there apart from hearing Michael Smith – former up and coming rising NFL superstar – vent his anger at the Detroit Lions and the League in general. What was for sure was that this was indeed the spawning of multiple viral Youtube videos and internet memes. It wasn’t long before Smith became the butt of jokes for talk show hosts around the nation. And the NFL never did release any official statement about Smith.

The Portland Trailblazers held the number three pick and were in touch straight away with Dumars and Bobby as they walked into MSG. It was quite clear that they didn’t want to beat around the bush. Dumars was told that they knew what he was shopping around and that what he wanted to offer was too little on the table. They did say that they were serious about a deal. They were willing to offer their pick as long as they could get Andre Drummond and a draft pick in return.
“You ain’t getting both,” Dumars said quite frankly.
Dumars and Bobby went away to think about a counter-offer as David Stern got up to start off the night.
“Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the 2013 NBA Draft. Tonight is the night where the hard work pays off for sixty young men and their dreams comes true as they get a shot to fulfil their NBA dreams. And to start things off, the Cleveland Cavaliers select…” Stern began the night.
JJ Theus was sitting with his parents and had his head down. He had heard a lot of mixed opinions with the majority calling him the consensus number one pick and the minority saying he would not slip out of the top three picks. Everyone was agreed that he was the best player in this draft but there were concerns about his health and durability. Malcolm Cole was with his girlfriend and mom at a table close by. He was wearing a Kentucky Wildcats cap that would be replaced by the cap of the team who would pick him. He knew he wouldn’t be dropping past pick number two because the Boston Celtics had already committed to him before the night began.
Then Stern delivered the first big decision of the night, “… Dorrell Blackwell out of Syracuse!”
Dorrell Blackwell looked just as shocked as everyone else as he was pushed out of his seat and made his way to the stage. He got a hug from his friend and fellow lottery prospect Chris Dixon. He walked past both Theus and Cole who were both closest to the stage. He shook their hands and quickly bounced up the steps to go and shake the commissioner’s hand.
“Congratulations,” Stern said to Blackwell and referenced his NCAA title win, “Great job with Syracuse and good luck with the Cavs.”
Malcolm Cole was the number two pick as promised by the Celtics. The talented shooter was super excited to join the Celtics. He even made mention that his idol was Ray Allen. Cole would be an able replacement at the starting shooting guard spot if he were to get it after training camp.
“So what do you think?” Dumars asked Bobby as they continued negotiating with the Blazers.
The previous ten minutes felt like hours as the two sides continued trying to work out a deal. The Blazers wanted Drummond and a pick. Dumars had countered with Drummond straight up for a pick. The Blazers were going to pick JJ Theus but were holding back a bit.
Dumars told them, “Drummond is going to be a future superstar. Theus is a great player but I think he has reached his ceiling. Just do the damn deal.”
Time was running out for the teams to agree to terms. The Blazers had been mulling over it. They finally came back and agreed. However, they had to pick a player before time expired. They asked Dumars who they would want them to pick on their behalf before the trade could be approved.
“Toroman is going to be there all night,” Bobby pleaded to Dumars, “Trust me Joe.”
Dumars was torn, “I’m going to kill you if he isn’t on the board when we pick again in ten picks or so.”
Bobby knew in his gut that he was right. He had heard too much negative about Toroman. Dumars also trusted Bobby’s intuition for whatever reason.
“Who do you think we should gamble on? Theus?” Dumars asked him.
“I didn’t think he would be available but even though he is,” Bobby said, “You know who I want you to get.”
“You better be right,” Dumars was shaking his head in disbelief.
He was listening to his rookie assistant of sorts and said to one of his staffers, “Tell the Blazers to pick Vince Bellamy.”
Bobby was relieved that he was right. The Blazers sent Bellamy to the Pistons for Drummond. Toroman and Connor were both also available to pick when the Pistons’ turns came. It wasn’t a bad haul for the Pistons despite the fact that there was widespread criticism about giving up Andre Drummond for Vince Bellamy. Dumars was confident that he had made the right decisions as well as being right to trust Bobby’s judgment. The team was looking to move forward with both Gregs in the paint. There was no need for Drummond. They needed to build up their backcourt to better support Brandon Knight. Dumars and Bobby had a quiet drink with their staff to celebrate. They finally had a direction to build towards for the team.

Dumars had already started the cleaning out phase by jettisoning guys like Villanueva and Maggette. The Pistons were hit hard though as Richard Jefferson exercised his player’s option. He wanted to get paid. The Pistons could have made a run at Chris Paul if Jefferson didn’t exercise that option. Dumars still had a game plan to follow through. He knew which players he wanted to build a team that could compete for playoff contention right away and a view to return the team to NBA title contention within a few seasons. The first step was to resign Greg Oden.
“We know that you have got a couple of offers from other teams,” Dumars said to Oden, “I just want to make a pitch to you. We showed faith in you when no one else did. We’ve got the staff here to look after you. We want to build a team that plays hard on both ends of the floor. We want a team that scraps for loose balls and plays hardnosed defence. We are committed to build around you, Monroe and Brandon. We see you as a really big part of going ahead.”
Oden liked the sound of it as Bobby chipped in, “We want to make this a team of underdogs committed to coming together as one cohesive unit. That starts with Joe and I at the top of the chain. Both of us know what it feels like to be underdogs. We need guys who come in and cover each other’s weaknesses. We play to our strengths. I’m very excited about our vision for this club. I hope that you are too Greg.”
Dumars was nodding in agreement and Oden told them, “I really appreciate the faith you are putting in me. I know that you made a big move when you sent Andre to Portland. I want to play for a winner.”
Oden had offers from the Miami Heat, Oklahoma City Thunder and San Antonio Spurs but he knew where his heart was. He reached across the table to offer a handshake to both Dumars and Bobby.
“I’m going to stay in Detroit.”
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Chapter 11

Postby Durant35 on Sun May 12, 2013 1:16 am

Interesting. Drummond out, Oden in. Skills out, veteran experience in? :D
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Postby hova- on Sun May 12, 2013 6:02 am

Interesting choices as your team has not really gotten better so far during offseason. Some solid players still lacking here and there.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mark. on Sun May 12, 2013 8:22 am

Yeah, good rookie haul, but lose a bit of explosiveness in the front court. But if you have faith in GregO then makes sense letting Drummond go.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Valor on Sun May 12, 2013 12:40 pm

and here I thought you said Andre Drummond was the next Shaq? :lol: :lol: :lol: Looking for all three of them rooks to become the next Kent Benson, Nikoloz Tskitishvili, and Mateen Cleaves (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Sun May 12, 2013 2:07 pm

CHAPTER 12

Bobby Jones was on the bench watching the younger guys finish off training. His coach walked up to him on the sideline.
“What do you think?” his coach asked him.
“There are just a few things I noticed,” Bobby began and then told him all of the areas for improvement.
They were moving into the latter stages of the season as the team was progressing through Euroleague and trying to stay atop the domestic standings. There was no room for error. Jones was practising less to conserve energy for games. His input was more invaluable than ever. Jones pulled aside one of the younger guards after practice.
“You need to be more assertive and think before you commit to a move,” he guided the youngster, “I prefer to miss a shot rather than turn the ball over. I prefer that a teammate misses a shot rather than me turning the ball over. Make sure you don’t get yourself stuck.”
The youngster listened to every word Bobby had. Bobby had the utmost respect from everyone on the roster despite having been out with injury for so long before his return. He was a veteran of the game and a legend of the game. His experience, leadership, tutelage far exceeded his athletic limitations and age. He was an important member for this team who later on it all.

Josh Smith arrived in Detroit to meet with Dumars and Bobby.
Dumars pitched Smith hard, “We want to build a strong defensive team with quick transition offence. We feel that you have the perfect skillset to fit into our vision for the team. We have got a proud tradition here in Detroit and we want to continue that with you leading Greg Monroe, Greg Oden and Brandon Knight.”
“I’m not coming here to join a losing team,” Smith made sure Dumars understood.
“I understand that,” Dumars said, “Look at all the banners in here. We want to get back to that level. I think we are going to have an even better team than the 2004 team.”
Dumars pointed up to the 2004 championship banner.
Bobby added, “We’re confident that we are going to have that championship calibre squad and swagger if you come play for us Josh.”
The next player to meet Dumars and Bobby was Jeff Green. The versatile forward was actually being labelled by the Pistons front office as ‘the consolation’ if Josh Smith chose to go elsewhere. Green was probably a more realistic prospect to sign.
“You will be starting ahead of Tayshaun,” Dumars admitted to Green, “We want you to develop but we also want you to contribute right away. You know that we have high expectations of our players here in Detroit?”
Green nodded, “I’m really interested. I think that I would be a really good fit.”
Dumars was impressed with Green’s enthusiasm as they spoke a lot about how he could fit in with the team. JR Smith also warranted an interview. The former Knicks swingman was told that he would most likely be asked to start at shooting guard with one proviso – better shot selection.
Smith took umbrage at Dumars’ suggestion that he work on picking better shots, “Come on man. I don’t even play for you yet and you trying to tell me what to do?”
The meeting didn’t end too badly as Smith sounded semi-interested because he was being offered a lead role in the Pistons’ system. He was only getting offers to come off the bench from other teams. All three players were offered contracts and all the Pistons could now was wait.

Brandon Knight was waiting for the new rookies to come for their introductory press conference. Jay Connor had met him after one of his college games. Knight had heard about the buzz at Michigan State and checked him out. He could tell that the kid had scoring talent.
“Good to see you man!” Connor had a wide grin when he spotted Knight.
Knight gave him a high five, “Congratulations man. I can’t wait to get out on the court with you.”
Connor was an extrovert and loved by everyone who came across him. He was excited about being selected by the Pistons. He didn’t care if he would get minutes. He was just excited to be playing in front of his family and friends. Vince Bellamy and Vladimir Toroman would join them moments later. Knight introduced himself to both. Bellamy was a quiet kid but by no means antisocial. Bellamy just wasn’t as loud as Connor. Toroman spoke decent English but was quite serious. The three of them joined Dumars and Bobby on the podium in the conference room. Knight would stand in the back of the room and watch the press interview his new rookie teammates.
“What’s it feel like to be a Piston?” Bellamy was asked.
Bellamy was well spoken, “I have to admit that I thought I was going to Portland. I couldn’t be happier to actually come to Detroit instead. The Pistons have a rich history and are starting to travel in a new direction. I can’t wait to play with a team that is dedicated to supporting each other on and off the court. What does it feel like to be a Piston? Exciting.”
“Can you please describe how Vladimir got to Detroit? Did you pull off any favours for him Bobby?”
Bobby was serious, “I don’t pull favours for anyone. Joe really wanted to draft Vladimir. You all know that I discovered him as a junior in Europe. I know what kind of player he is. I have high expectations of him and I pray to God that he delivers.”
Dumars added, “I think that Vladimir is going to develop into one of our star players. All of the guys here with us today are good enough for that. I’m very happy with all of our selections.”
The three rookies later signed their contracts and were presented with jerseys. The room was full of applause as all three of them stood up and held the jerseys up for photographs.

Woody Hannes was waiting outside the conference room for Bobby to walk out. He caught him as Bobby walked around the corner.
“Any word on Josh Smith?” Hannes asked him.
Bobby looked around, “Don’t shout it out.”
“I heard that Chris Paul is going to Houston. Have you guys looked into James Harden?” Woody lowered his voice.
“I heard that about Paul to. I think Harden would be a better fit than JR Smith. But we want to know what’s happening with Josh Smith. He’s out number one target.”
Woody advised, “I wouldn’t put all my eggs in the one basket. What about Dwight Howard?”
“He’s not leaving LA,” Bobby laughed it off.
Woody left with a parting instruction, “Get in contact with Harden. He’d be good for Detroit.”
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Double Chapter Speci

Postby Valor on Sun May 12, 2013 3:08 pm

Dwight Howard on the Pistons would be nice, crybaby on a crybaby team (Y) :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Sun May 12, 2013 3:30 pm

Durant35 wrote:Interesting. Drummond out, Oden in. Skills out, veteran experience in? :D

For the front court yes. We want to compete now and in next 5-6 years. The younger backcourt guys will improve over time but we have our leaders set and our frontcourt is win-now or at least soon!

hova- wrote:Interesting choices as your team has not really gotten better so far during offseason. Some solid players still lacking here and there.

Free agency, my friend, is the key to improvement. Let's see if we can make a splash!

Mark. wrote:Yeah, good rookie haul, but lose a bit of explosiveness in the front court. But if you have faith in GregO then makes sense letting Drummond go.

Oh - we have faith in Oden alright!

Valor wrote:and here I thought you said Andre Drummond was the next Shaq? :lol: :lol: :lol: Looking for all three of them rooks to become the next Kent Benson, Nikoloz Tskitishvili, and Mateen Cleaves (Y)

Valor wrote:Dwight Howard on the Pistons would be nice, crybaby on a crybaby team (Y) :lol:

Hater.
Fresh8

Postby Durant35 on Sun May 12, 2013 11:10 pm

Woah woah woah! What a speculation! Harden to Detroit? Hardly ever see that happening. :lol:
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Postby Mark. on Mon May 13, 2013 8:39 am

Yeah Harden would be a perfect fit. Could you afford both Harden and Green?
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Mon May 13, 2013 3:15 pm

Durant35 wrote:Woah woah woah! What a speculation! Harden to Detroit? Hardly ever see that happening. :lol:

Yeah - thanks for the confidence!

Mark. wrote:Yeah Harden would be a perfect fit. Could you afford both Harden and Green?

No and you can blame it all on Richard Jefferson exercising his player option!

But we are going for either Josh, Green, Harden and then JR Smith for mid level. :)
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood