::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: 2013-14 Season Preview

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Chapter 8

Postby Martti. on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:26 am

No J-Smoove deal in this either? Make it happen!
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:40 am

Mannnnnn go for it! Bring Smith here. Royce White? :|
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:46 am

Martti. wrote:No J-Smoove deal in this either? Make it happen!

Thierry • wrote:Mannnnnn go for it! Bring Smith here. Royce White? :|

Hawks decided to stand pat. So we decided to try for a different direction.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby hova- on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:05 am

Fucking Dumars. I hate him since he ripped me in my Sonics/Kings association. I hope he gets fired in the course of the story.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:30 pm

hova- wrote:Fucking Dumars. I hate him since he ripped me in my Sonics/Kings association. I hope he gets fired in the course of the story.

:lol:
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:54 pm

Troubled Rookie Traded To Detroit
18 February 2013
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Image Image

Disgruntled forward Royce White has been traded by the Houston Rockets to the Detroit Pistons. White has caused headlines for his clashes with the Rockets’ front office over disputes regarding his travel to and from games. White has an anxiety disorder, which he says does not allow him to fly. He has at times accused the Rockets of failing to accommodate for him.

It seems that the Rockets had enough of his complaints and requests. The Rockets parted with the rookie averaging 5.6 PPG, 4.2 RPG, 3.2 APG in order to bring in two players and a draft pick. The Rockets received veteran players Josh Childress (53 GP, 1.3 PPG, 1.2 RPG), Shelden Williams (2 GP) and a 2014 first round draft pick.

The Pistons are said to be intrigued by White’s all-around game and potential. However, the union may not work out with White reportedly unhappy that the Rockets traded him away after a Summer of recruiting when White was promised that his anxiety disorder would be accommodated.

Greg Oden Injured Again After Stronger Play
19 February 2013

Greg Oden is out again this season with a strained groin. Oden is out for 1-2 weeks.

The latest setback comes at a bad time with Oden having played strong back-to-back games. He registered 16 points and 10 rebounds in a win against the Milwaukee Bucks before putting up 16 points and 11 rebounds in a loss against the New Orleans Hornets.

Oden came off early in the Pistons’ last game against the Washington Wizards and did not return. He had 6 points, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks up until his exit.

Stuckey’s Struggles Continue Amid Trade Rumours
20 February 2013

Rodney Stuckey claims that he has been assured that he will not be traded at the NBA trade deadline but as rumours continue regarding a possible Josh Smith trade, Stuckey continues to struggle for the Detroit Pistons.

Stuckey had a poor 2-11 shooting night and finished with just 8 points in a 100-88 loss to the Charlotte Bobcats. The worst part was that Corey Maggette continued his strong play of late with a team leading 24 points. Brandon Knight had 19 points, 9 assists and Greg Monroe put up 16 points and 10 rebounds in Greg Oden’s absence.

Rumours have intensified in the past 24 hours with Stuckey looking likely to be out the door and headed to Atlanta in a deal for Josh Smith.
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Chapter 7

Postby Valor on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:36 pm

Sit wrote:I think trading for Dwight Howard will be the only trade that Valor would approve. :cheeky:

Why would I want the Lakers to get any of the Piston's crappy players? They are unfortunate enough with Howard already :lol: :lol:

Rooting for Dumars to screw over the Pistons forever, both IRL and here :P :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Royce White trade

Postby hova- on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:12 pm

Looks like Stuckey's gone soon since he ain't delivering.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Lamrock on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:39 am

I honestly like that Golden State offer, but your 2014 first rounder for Royce White is pretty risky.
Lamrock

Postby Mark. on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:16 am

Yeah I think the GOlden State trade will pay off. Although you really need to keep a 2014 first rounder if possible.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:39 pm

Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:I think trading for Dwight Howard will be the only trade that Valor would approve. :cheeky:

Why would I want the Lakers to get any of the Piston's crappy players? They are unfortunate enough with Howard already :lol: :lol:

Rooting for Dumars to screw over the Pistons forever, both IRL and here :P :P

I like your hating. (Y)

hova- wrote:Looks like Stuckey's gone soon since he ain't delivering.

It was coincidental as it was a simmed result.... looks like virtual Stuckey knows he's out the door....

Lamrock wrote:I honestly like that Golden State offer, but your 2014 first rounder for Royce White is pretty risky.

L-Train - you know I like them high risk, high reward players. (Y) (Like Oden)

Mark. wrote:Yeah I think the GOlden State trade will pay off. Although you really need to keep a 2014 first rounder if possible.

The Pistons are hoping to build through draft and free agency now. Let's see how it goes. Might not need that pick in 2014... (prob do)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:47 pm

Warriors Decline Stuckey Offer
20 February 2013

Image Image

Rodney Stuckey was more than surprised when he was told that he was traded – he was angry. That anger did not quell when the Golden State Warriors declined the trade offer made by the Detroit Pistons. The Pistons are not at limbo with an angry Stuckey on the eve of the trade deadline.

The Pistons made an offer of Rodney Stuckey for Richard Jefferson and the Warriors’ 2013 First Round Draft Pick. News leaked from an unknown source before the proposal had been put on the table. Hours later, the trade was declined by the Warriors who wanted more for the large expiring contract of veteran Jefferson and a pick in the upcoming Draft.

Stuckey was not thrilled when told that he was being traded. He was already coming off a string of poor performances amid trade rumours. The 6 year player has played his whole career for the Pistons and has repeatedly stated that he was assured by GM Joe Dumars that he was safe.
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Trade fell through

Postby Mark. on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:56 am

Ah the drama begins. How long until the trade deadline to move him?
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Martti. on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:43 am

Screw that deal, get J-Smoove already.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:02 am

Mark. wrote:Ah the drama begins. How long until the trade deadline to move him?

Deadline = 21 February 2013

Martti. wrote:Screw that deal, get J-Smoove already.

You're the only vocal one who is advocating for that cause! :P
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:22 am

I was also vocal when I wanted you to get Bosh with the Stealth I believe. We know how that ended.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:28 am

Martti. wrote:I was also vocal when I wanted you to get Bosh with the Stealth I believe. We know how that ended.

A ring cause I didn't listen to you.

But wow, think of Oden/Smith frontcourt. :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:10 pm

Warriors and Pistons Settle At Deadline
21 February 2013

Image Image

It was an exciting finish to an otherwise boring NBA trade deadline as the Golden State Warriors and Detroit Pistons agreed on a five player deal.

Just hours after declining an initial offer from the Pistons, the Warriors made a counter-offer to which the Pistons agreed.

“We are happy with this deal,” Pistons GM Joe Dumars addressed the press at the conference that he had originally cancelled, “We are getting a long serving NBA veteran in Richard Jefferson. We are also getting a player who can fill the shoes of Rodney (Stuckey) in Brandon Rush.”

Dumars thanked Rodney Stuckey, a 6 year pro picked by Detroit as the 15th pick in 2007, for his service to the franchise. “Rodney has been an important part of our franchise. He has been through the difficult times with us. Unfortunately, it was the time for us to end the union. He will forever be remembered by the fans here. No hard feelings Rodney and good luck with Golden State.”

Stuckey is averaging 16.1 PPG (.485 FG%, .333 3PT%, .849 FT%), 3.7 RPG, 5.6 APG this season. His career averages are 14.1 PPG, 3.2 RPG, 4.6 APG. The 6’5” SG has played as a combo guard for the Pistons his whole career and many believe that his time was up when the team was able to add PG Brandon Knight to the team. Knight has performed solidly for the Pistons this season and having both players in the same backcourt was often viewed as detrimental to both individually as both need possession of the ball to be productive.

Stuckey’s feelings seemed mixed as he told ESPN’s Woody Hannes in a quick interview, “There’s no loyalty here (in Detroit). I was told that I was staying but now I am going.” He later added, “I’m really excited about Golden State though. We are going to have a really good team there.”

The Warriors initially rejected the Pistons’ offer of Stuckey for Richard Jefferson and a 2013 first round pick. They later came back asking for the inclusion of Pistons frontcourt players Jonas Jerebko (4.0 PPG, 2.1 RPG this season), Austin Daye (2.3 PPG, 1.1 RPG this season) and they would add Rush. The Pistons were more than happy to oblige.

6’7” SF Jefferson is currently in his 12th year in the league. The 32 year old is averaging 3.9 PPG, 1.5 RPG this season but holds career averages of 15.0 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 2.5 APG. The swingman has a wealth of experience having played on the 2004 USA Olympic team and suited up for four NBA teams including the San Antonio Spurs. “He gives us some experience in the locker room,” Dumars spoke of Jefferson although everyone knew it was his contact that really attracted the Pistons.

Rush was a surprise throw in that the Pistons pounced upon immediately. Rush presents as a more dependable shooter than Stuckey did; Rush is averaging 6.8 PPG on .487 shooting from behind the arc. Stuckey performed well in his new role on the team but really hurt the team when he had off-nights. Dumars addressed this, “Rodney is a good shooter but Rush is a great shooter. Knight can do what he has to do and Rush will still be able to get himself going. This is really exciting for Detroit Pistons basketball.”

Projected Starters After Trade

Golden State Warriors: Bogut | Lee | Barnes | Stuckey | Curry
Detroit Pistons: Oden | Monroe | Prince | Fernandez | Knight
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: NBA Trade Deadline!

Postby Mark. on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:13 am

I like the move for you. That starting lineup looks good, although Rush could fit in there well too depending what you want from the SG spot. What happened to Klay in GS?
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:44 am

Mark. wrote:I like the move for you. That starting lineup looks good, although Rush could fit in there well too depending what you want from the SG spot. What happened to Klay in GS?

Still there on the bench! I'm pretty sure...
Fresh8

Postby Mark. on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:07 am

Stuckey starting over Klay? tsk tsk tsk what are they thinking?
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:42 am

Mark. wrote:Stuckey starting over Klay? tsk tsk tsk what are they thinking?

Have a competent sixth man?
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:16 pm

Poor Golden State, they have to manage the piece of crap that is Stuckey now (N)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:01 am

Valor wrote:Poor Golden State, they have to manage the piece of crap that is Stuckey now (N)

Does that mean the Pistons don't have as many pieces of crap? (Or are all Pistons players pieces of crap?)
Fresh8

Postby Mark. on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:11 am

Hmmm I would say Stuckey is more suitable as a 6th man, certainly not worth stunting the growth of Klay :P
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood