::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: 2013-14 Season Preview

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: JJ Theus

Postby hova- on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:29 am

Theus has to show more than a bit to get into our heads like Chara and Gray did.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: JJ Theus

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:14 pm

2013 Mock Lottery

2013 Mock Draft | 2014 Mock Draft | Create Mock

Updated: 28/06/13 1:38 pm

Pick. Team – Name, Position, College, Height/Weight (NBA Comparison) – Originally Projected
1. Cleveland – J.J. Theus, C, Connecticut, 6’8”/254 lbs (Elton Brand) – Top 5
2. Boston – M Cole, SG, Kentucky, 6’6”/219 lbs (Ray Allen) – Top 5
3. Portland – D Blackwell, SG, Syracuse, 6’8”/208 lbs (Tracy McGrady) – Lottery
4. Orlando – V Bellamy, PG, Gonzaga, 6’6”/194 lbs (Jason Kidd) – Lottery
5. Charlotte – A Phelps, SG, UNLV, 6’3”/211 lbs (Ben Gordon) – Lottery
6. Sacramento – V Toroman, SF, Serbia, 6’8”/228 lbs (Carlos Boozer) – Top 5
7. Oklahoma City (via Houston) – J Augmon, SF, Alabama, 6’7”/220 lbs (Brandon Roy) – Top 5
8. Dallas – M Barry, SF, Massachusetts, 6’7”/231 lbs (Gerald Green) – Top 5
9. Phoenix – A Biloux, PG, Ukraine, 6’1/210 lbs (JJ Barea) – Mid-Late First Round
10. Atlanta – S Gooden, C, UCLA, 7’1”/250 lbs (Dikembe Mutombo) – Lottery
11. New Orleans – A Pittman, PF, Marquette, 6’9”/241 lbs (Michael Beasley) – Lottery
12. Toronto – C Dixon, C, Syracuse, 7’2”/275 lbs (Andrew Bynum) – Lottery
13. Detroit (via Golden State) – J Connor, PG, Michigan, 6’4”/213 lbs (Jason Terry) – Lottery
14. Detroit – I Ikedia, SG, Nigeria, 6’6”/218 lbs (Shane Battier) – Lottery

Click For 2013 Mock Draft |2013 Draft Board
Last edited by Fresh8 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: 2013 Mock Lottery

Postby Durant35 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:03 am

Would be nice if you could get Blackwell. Oh well. :lol:
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:40 am

Thanks for your feedback durant35

Does anyone else have any suggestions on who I should target in the upcoming draft?
Fresh8

Postby Andrew_Wiggins on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:19 am

IF your lucky, snag Cole! Sharpshooters are always welcome on any roster, right? :D
Future king of the NBA.
Andrew_Wiggins

Postby mpac on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:03 pm

Yup Im a ray allen fan, and i would like you to get Cole too. :)
mpac

Postby dare on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:01 pm

You definitely need a shooter to compliment Monroe and Drummond
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:19 pm

Andrew_Wiggins wrote:IF your lucky, snag Cole! Sharpshooters are always welcome on any roster, right? :D

mpac wrote:Yup Im a ray allen fan, and i would like you to get Cole too. :)

dare wrote:You definitely need a shooter to compliment Monroe and Drummond

Cole is a player who I would not mind drafting. :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:21 pm

NLSC PLAYERS

It’s your chance to participate in MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART as an NLSC Player!

I have a new rewards and points system for this story. You will be able to spend your points that you earn from tipping contests, competitions, and other methods.

REWARDS AND POINTS SYSTEM

ENTER THE DRAFT

Deadline to declare for upcoming NBA Draft: Conclusion of first round of NBA Playoffs

Declare your intention to join an upcoming draft class: 1
    Enter NBA Draft as a projected undrafted prospect: 2
    Enter NBA Draft as a projected second round pick: 5
    Enter NBA Draft as a projected first round pick: 8

PLAYER DEVELOPMENT

To raise your player’s rating by 5 in a skill based attribute: 3
    To raise your player’s rating by 5 in a physical based attribute: 5

PLAYER DEMANDS

Complain about the coach: 1
    Complain about a teammate: 2
    Demand a trade: 3
    Demand a trade and provide a shortlist of destinations: 4
    Demand a trade and choose your next destination: 5

DECLARING FOR THE DRAFT

WHEN?

You may declare any time before the conclusion of the first round of the Playoffs. You may also withdraw any time before then as well.

I will also allow you to report your intention to declare at any time. This means that I will start writing articles about your player.

HOW?

Post in this thread that you:

- intend to declare, and/or
    - will declare

Declaring your intention to join an upcoming Draft class will cost you 1 point.

It will then cost you 2-8 points to enter the draft.

If you withdraw your intention to declare for the Draft, you do not get your 1 point back.

A CHANCE TO EARN POINTS

Every article written by you and PM’ed to me that gets posted will earn points. Give your draftee a backstory and a chance to improve his stock as well.

WHY DECLARE SOONER OR LATER

If you declare sooner, it means your player will make it into the L earlier. However, you may not be as good as a prospect as if you wait and accumulate points. If you declare later, you can have control over whether your player is a first or second round prospect.

Do not be disheartened about being drafted in the second round. The pros are that you can have some choice over your free agency destination/s after just one season! It also makes for a more interesting story.

:new: UPCOMING DRAFT CLASSE

These are the NLSCers who have declared for the upcoming drafts – I will have a limit of six (6) per Draft.

Current 2013 Draft (LOCKED IN)

Dmastawwe
    Martti
    Dare
    Lamrock
    mrmoves20

Next: 2014 Draft (CLOSED)

Mark
    Valor
    Mattan
    Mpac
    Khanwarrior
    Hova

Next: 2015 Draft (OPEN)

Vacant
    Vacant
    Vacant
    Vacant
    Vacant
    Vacant

POINTS LEADERBOARD

These points have been calculated as at 1 April 2013:

mpac – 15.5
Martti – 13.5
dare – 13
Valor – 11.5
Mark – 10.5
newc – 10.5
Justine. – 10
Axel. – 7.5
hova – 7.5
mrmoves20 – 7.5
Khanwarrior – 7.5
Mattan – 7
Durant35 – 6.5
Superhueynewton – 4.5
Andrew_wiggins – 4.5
Thierry – 4
Woogie98 – 4
Houndy – 3
Sasaki17 – 3.5
Agent420 – 2
Skith – 2
Phil89 – 2
The X -2
Lamrock – 1.5
Flower Chick – 2
King Mellow – 1
badreligionau – 1
megarover – 1
Kurotsugi – 1
Dmastawwe – 1

WHO GOT MORE POINTS? Well - check out the past challenge and how everyone fared!

PAST CHALLENGE

1 point for mpac, durant35, dare and Andrew_wiggings for feedback on draft prospects.

NEW CHALLENGE

Stay tuned!
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: NLSCers

Postby Mark. on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:44 pm

Yeah I agree on Blackwell actually, he sounds great for you.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:30 pm

Updated: June 29, 2013
Prospects Who Could Make A Difference
Woody looks at four players who should be considered by any team in the upcoming NBA Draft.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image Image Image Image
Top Left: PF Julian Martin (UCLA)
Top Right: SG Liam Washburn (Washington)
Bottom Left: PG Da’Vonte Hughes (Georgia)
Bottom Right: SF Martti Must (International prospect)

By Woody Hannes
ESPN.com Writer

The upcoming NBA Draft is highlighted by JJ Theus (the best player in this Draft – hands down) and Malcolm Cole (the guy most say is most likely to be a perennial All-Star) but there are four guys who I saw at the Draft Combine who really piqued my interest.

After a few months of speculation, workouts and camps, NBA team executives have come away with a better picture of the Class of 2013. Theus is not the unanimous number 1 pick although everyone cites him as the best player. He is seen as too injury prone and someone who does not have the total package of skills to become a superstar. Malcolm Cole has everyone excited about his scoring ability and potential to become the next Ray Allen or Steph Curry. Dorrell Blackwell has continued building up his draft stock since winning Syracuse a national title and is expected to be a lock to be picked in the top 3.

The two top big men Stuart Gooden and Chris Dixon have received mix reviews. The one constant for both prospects is that many view them as too one-dimensional. Serbia’s Vladimir Toroman was supposedly the best international prospect but now looks like he will lose that recognition to Ukraine’s Alexi Bilous. There are a slew of players who could be picked up in the lottery as well as drop to the bottom of the first round.

This Draft pool has no sure-fire stars except for just a handful. But I did see four guys who I think would really help teams right now and down the track.

These are my four unheralded guys.

Julian Martin, Power Forward, UCLA

Julian Martin is the ultimate teammate. He is often asked whether it was a burden or a blessing to play alongside Stuart Gooden during college. Martin never answers the question.

Martin averaged a team leading 15 points a game but a measly 5 rebounds and 2 assists for the Bruins. Martin did shoot fairly efficiently and it’s not the offensive game that has scouts worried. It’s actually his defensive and rebounding game that people view as an ‘unknown’.

Proponents of Martin have often pointed at Gooden as the reason why Martin didn’t average higher numbers in rebounds and blocks. Those against him have always argued that Martin was lazy and unmotivated to work hard on the defensive end. In other words, he let Gooden do all the dirty work.

After seeing Martin play in person, I cannot say whether he has a strong or weak work ethic. All I can say is that Martin has a very strong post game and some nice ball handling skills for a player of his size. It will be interesting to see how he performs if he is drafted on a team that needs a go-to guy in the post. Martin seems ready for that challenge.

Liam Washburn, Shooting Guard, Washington

The NIT Most Outstanding Player and Pac-12 Freshman of the Year is one of the most intriguing players in the Draft. He is, at the same time, a proven performer and an unproven NBA commodity. Too often have teams taken a punt on a superb scorer-average athlete and been worse off after the pick.

L-Train has been quite vocal in his own cause and has tried to guarantee that he is not to be overlooked. Washburn was a popular player for the media during the Draft Combine. He even got the attention of all of his peers. If his scoring ability and offensive acumen does not attract NBA teams; his ability to positively communicate with other players should. He is such a confident player, that he challenged everyone to a half court shooting contest and won by sinking three shots in a row (everyone else quit the challenge after the second shot).

Washburn has a jump shot that rivals Malcolm Cole as well as a strong knowledge of basketball. His court awareness and vision allows him to make up for his short comings in terms of athleticism. He seems to be a player who can contribute right away and – to be fair to L-Train – he is not far off in terms of talent when compared to Cole. What is standing in L-Train’s way is his NBA ceiling.

Da’Vonte Hughes, Point Guard, Georgia

Hughes is one of the better two-way point guards in the Draft. The 6-4 point guard is a potent scorer off the dribble and has quick hands. The areas that need work for him are his maturity, focus and leadership.

Hughes often looked lost when his scoring opportunities were taken away from him. He rushed possessions on the court and always looked for his own shot even when it seemed impossible to get one off. Hughes took the whole season before he registered five assists in a game. That came during February. This is at the college level and he won’t be playing shooting guard any time soon in the NBA (look at OJ Mayo). Hughes needs a lot of help to be a strong point guard.

Although he has obvious problems facilitating, no one can deny that Hughes is an exciting attacker. Most of his highlights begin with a steal on the defensive before he races down for a coast to coast layup. His most famous highlight of the season was when he split two defenders at the hoop for the buzzer beating layup in a win against Florida in the Final of the SEC Tournament.

Georgia would then be bounced in the first round of the NCAA championship because of Hughes’ inability to get teammates involved. I still find Hughes a strong prospect because he has all the skills but just needs a change in mindset.

Martti Must, Small Forward, International prospect (Estonia)

Martti Must has been a pro player since the age of 17 in Italy. The skinny kid from Estonia never even imagined ever making it to the NBA but he was ever so fortunate enough to get onto NBA radars after some seriously impressive outings during Euroleague. Must averaged 11 PPG during domestic competition but bumped his average scoring output to 15 PPG during Euroleague fixtures.

Must is a shooter first and shooter second. He has spent hours honing his skills and he has no disillusions as to the kind of role he would play once in the NBA. He has told many that he is happy to be a role-player coming off of NBA benches as a spot shooter. He would want more but he knows that it is a competitive league and would just be happy with anything.

Must impressed everyone during workouts and the Draft Combine with his shooting stroke. He also looked good at not just catching and shooting but also at creating second chance opportunities. During scrimmages, Must had the uncanny ability of getting to the painted area and grabbing rebounds past more athletic oppositition.

As one scout said about Must, “This kid could be a solid starter in about three years and at worst, a really really deadly role player to have coming off of your bench.”
Fresh8

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:53 pm

Reeeaaally know how to hype a draft.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:10 am

Thanks superhueynewton.

The Draft will be coming very soon after we all find out who Michael Smith is. :)
Fresh8

Postby mpac on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:45 pm

nice draft prospects! cant wait on my player for 2014!
mpac

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:51 pm

mpac wrote:nice draft prospects! cant wait on my player for 2014!

Thanks mpac! Keep earning points and you will have an even better prospect than these guys! :P

(They're all looking at going late in first round)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:06 pm

Vladimir Toroman Confident Ahead Of Draft
31 June 2013
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Vladamir Toroman has reassured media from his native Serbia that he will be proud regardless of his Draft position. However, he reiterated that he is confident he will be selected as a top 5 pick. All of this confidence was despite the multi-skilled small forward literally coming up short during the NBA Draft Combine when he measured in at 6’8” with shoes.

“Say what you want but you can’t take away from my skills,” he told reporters who asked about his listed height, “I’m not responsible for what they say my height was when I played in Barcelona. I don’t measure how tall I am and have not since I was a kid.”

Sources: Pistons Have Promised To Select Connor
31 June 2013

Sources indicate that point guard Jay Connor of Michigan has been assured by the Detroit Pistons that he will not fall past the number 14 pick in tomorrow night’s NBA Draft. The popular Spartan would be playing in front of friends and family for half the NBA season if he was to be selected by the Pistons.

Detroit holds the number 13 and 14 selections.

Injured Theus Unsure Of Draft Status
31 June 2013

On the eve of the NBA Draft, JJ Theus is unsure of where his future lies. Out with an injury sustained during pre-Draft workouts, rumours have surfaced that the Cleveland Cavaliers have retracted their word that they would select Theus with the number 1 overall pick. Theus arrived in New York overnight in anticipation of the 2013 NBA Draft and told waiting reporters that he had no idea where he would land tomorrow night.

“Let’s take it one step at a time,” he pleaded to everyone, “Whoever picks me will pick me. One, two, or three – I don’t really care. I am happy as long I am don’t go undrafted.”
Last edited by Fresh8 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Lottery... Draft...

Postby Valor on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:25 pm

Durant35 wrote:
Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:Theus is the best player in the Draft - no doubt about it. I did a 5 on 5 scrimmage with him and he was a gun.

Theus will be a star...if he plays for any team OTHER than this Pistons :lol:

Harsh joke. :lol: :applaud: Looking forward into what Theus has in store for us! (Y)

:lol: (Y)

Great draft coverage man, looking forward to seeing the Pistons drafting some busts :applaud:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Woody Hannes + Draft

Postby Martti. on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:24 am

I think Theus will still go number number, seems like a can't-miss pick at this point.

Can't wait for the draft!
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Mark. on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:03 am

Nice article. Interesting the Toroman measured up shorter than previously believed.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby hova- on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:18 pm

Toroman even smaller? Doesn't make him more attractive, does it? Theus sounds so much like Kyrie Irving, he has to go nr 1.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby mpac on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:40 pm

Sit wrote:

Thanks mpac! Keep earning points and you will have an even better prospect than these guys! :P

thanks! sure i have been following your stories and looking forward to the future details. let me know if you have any problems with the details i PMed you on my prospect for next year.
mpac

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Lottery... Draft...

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:54 pm

Valor wrote:
Durant35 wrote:
Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:Theus is the best player in the Draft - no doubt about it. I did a 5 on 5 scrimmage with him and he was a gun.

Theus will be a star...if he plays for any team OTHER than this Pistons :lol:

Harsh joke. :lol: :applaud: Looking forward into what Theus has in store for us! (Y)

:lol: (Y)

Great draft coverage man, looking forward to seeing the Pistons drafting some busts :applaud:

Hater

Martti. wrote:I think Theus will still go number number, seems like a can't-miss pick at this point.

Can't wait for the draft!

We are really close to the Draft :) It's going to be a good one!

Mark. wrote:Nice article. Interesting the Toroman measured up shorter than previously believed.

Yeah... that's partly my fault. But it adds more to the story. :)

hova- wrote:Toroman even smaller? Doesn't make him more attractive, does it? Theus sounds so much like Kyrie Irving, he has to go nr 1.

Theus is absolutely hands down the best player in the Draft. I can confirm that. :) We will see if he goes number 1 though. ;)

mpac wrote:
Sit wrote:

thanks! sure i have been following your stories and looking forward to the future details. let me know if you have any problems with the details i PMed you on my prospect for next year.

Yep. Details are all good.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:07 am

CHAPTER 10

With the ball in his hand, Michael Smith spun to face the end zone. He sprinted hard toward his goal as he left everyone in their midst. As he reached the hallowed ground, he threw his arms in the air and threw the ball on the ground. His teammates had surrounded him and were celebrating with him and the crowd was cheering alongside.
“Woo!” Smith had both arms still raised and his face towards the sky.
The Detroit Lions were surprisingly ahead in this one against the Green Bay Packers and would stay ahead as the game was about to end. It was a woeful season but this cocky young wide receiver Michael Smith had infused some excitement for the fans. Many thought that the outspoken and overconfident three year pro was going to help attract better players to Detroit.
“It’s only November people, it’s only November,” Smith reminded the press as he walked off the field after the end of the game, “We still got a lot of work to do but we are making progress.”
The truth was that the Lions would always be in the press but for all the wrong reasons – the biggest one was Smith and his antics.

Smith was in hot water a month later during a game against the Minnesota Vikings. Smith thought he had scored a touchdown when the refs called a foul had been committed on the play.
“Oh come on now ref!” Smith was walking back down the field, “What the fuck!”
One of the Vikings players shouted, “Calm down you jerk!”
Smith threw the ball aside and walked right up to the Viking, “What did you say?”
Smith didn’t stop there as he shoved him before other players joined in. Smith then tried to wrestle the closest Viking to the ground. The sidelines emptied and Smith was swinging at anyone who was near him. Smith landed a blow on one of the refs.
“Fuck you!” Smith was shouting out as he was restrained and pulled back.
Smith was led off the field and the Lions had later lost the game on three straight touchdowns from the Vikings. Smith was sitting in the locker room waiting for his team mates who shunned him as they walked in. Smith picked out one of the rookies, tapped him on the back, and swung his fist into them when they turned around.
“What the hell was that for?” another one of his teammates exclaimed, shocked at Smith’s punch.
The rookie was left dazed on the floor.
“I’m sick of playing with you useless cunts.”
No one wanted to mess with Smith. He had a reputation for being crazy and violent. This was ever since his USC days. He was involved in many post-game fights as well as pub brawls. He had promised NFL teams that he would change and such was his enormous talent that the Lions had picked him in the first round. Smith was on his best behaviour until this season. It seemed that the burden of being the lead player on a losing team did not sit well with him. The fans loved him for his outrageous behaviour but did hate him when he went too far.
“I quit!” Smith smashed the locker door shut next to him before walking out.
The room was silent and Smith was waived from the team two weeks later.

Vladimir Toroman shook hands with Bobby as he entered Dumars’ office.
“Long time no see,” Bobby said.
Toroman nodded and shook hands with Dumars.
“Take a seat,” Dumars gestured to the seat, “You’re taller than what I thought you would be. I haven’t seen you close up before.”
Bobby shut the door behind them and sat down next to Dumars.
“We have big plans for you,” Dumars said.
“You mean only you do?” Bobby butted in.
Toroman took it as a joke and laughed. The man who discovered him wouldn’t really be so harsh.
“Where do you see yourself in five years?” Dumars asked.
Toroman was straight to the point and said in slightly poor english, “Lead this team to championship.”
Dumars had a vision that Toroman could do it. Bobby was much more realistic and all he could think of was who would be a worse pick – Darko or Toroman. It was too close to call for him. Even though he discovered him back in Europe, he knew that Toroman wouldn’t be a good NBA player. He was a good basketball player but just not right for the NBA.

Jay Connor was the other player that the Pistons really liked.
“What I find really appealing for you,” Dumars told him, “is that you are quick, you can score, and you hustle.”
Jay nodded as Dumars continued, “I see you playing a big role off the bench for us. Are you ready for that?”
“I’m ready for anything sir,” he replied.
“Tell me how you would feel if you were the last man on the bench. You wouldn’t get many minutes. We just want you to be a good teammate, work on your game, and play hard every time you are on the floor,” Dumars stated.
“Whatever you want I will do. I’m a fighter and I never give up,” Conner said.
Dumars stood up and shook his hand, “I know that you will be on our team after the Draft. You have my word Jay. I really like your style and attitude.”
Jay, the Michigan native, could not be happier as he left the office. He wasn’t going past number 14. He could finally buy his mom a place to live.

Dorrell Blackwell, Malcolm Cole, and Vince Bellamy worked out for the Pistons a second time. Dumars really liked the look of Cole but knew that he would go high up in the Draft. He would need to trade higher to get him but if he had a high pick, everyone knew he’d probably use it on Toroman. Bobby was very interested to see what Bellamy had to offer. None of them really care for Blackwell. He could score but didn’t seem interested in doing much else. Cole was easily the superior player as Blackwell seemed lazy and Bellamy seemed a little rattled by his opponents’ confidence. Cole was a much better player in all of the drills than both. Bellamy held his own against Blackwell but both players couldn’t win one-on-one against Cole who was simply superior.
“We should look at him,” Dumars said about Cole, “I like Vince but Malcolm is going to be an All-Star on the right team.”
“You’re right,” Bobby noted, “We need a shooting guard more than someone who doesn’t really have a natural positon.”
Cole was taking a swig of water nearby and chatted with Vince.
“I think I’m going first,” Cole said.
“Really?” Vince raised his eyebrows.
“JJ Theus don’t have nothing on me. The Cavs told me they like me more,” Cole boasted.
Vince finished stretching and got up, “I hope it works out for you then.”
Vince got back on the court to take some shots. He didn’t have time to waste with Cole. He didn’t like cocky guys. Blackwell was chatting with one of the Pistons interns who happened to be a pretty young thing. The workout finished half an hour later with Dumars thanking all three players for their time. He pulled Cole aside and the other two left the gym.
“How would you like to be a Piston?” he asked Cole.
Cole smiled, “No thanks.”

It was the afternoon of the NBA Draft. Dumars and Bobby had descended on New York City and were meeting with the Trailblazers about a possible trade for the number 3 overall pick. The Blazers really wanted both of the Pistons’ first rounders. Dumars didn’t want to do that – he already had two players he really wanted. One was Connor who he was confident he could snap up with one of those first rounders. The other was Toroman, whom he was convinced would not be available by the time he was to pick.
“I’m only giving you one of my picks,” Dumars said to him.
Bobby wanted to tell him to give up on Toroman but knew it would be pointless. The Blazers asked about which player the Pistons may part with in addition to one of their first rounders. Dumars didn’t want to part with anyone too good. He offered them Brandon Rush. That offer was declined.
“You know that’s a really good deal you are saying no to,” Dumars was trying to convince them.
He knew it wasn’t though. Dumars wanted the number 3 pick though. Toroman would be available then because there was only two ways the Draft would start off.
“The first two picks will go Theus, Cole,” Bobby had kept saying to him, “or Cole, Theus. There is no other top two order. Any other’s in that top two would be crazy.”
Dumars has cooled on Cole after Cole said he didn’t want to be a part of the team. He was just trying to find a way to secure Toroman’s draft rights by trading higher into the draft. He wasn’t going to lose both his picks because he really like Connor too. Bobby hated the idea of drafting Toroman but didn’t mind Connor.
“You know that Toroman is just overrated Joe,” Bobby said as they left the broken down negotiations with the Blazers.
Dumars argued, “I have pretty good judgement.”
Bobby didn’t want to go any further. He just couldn’t get out of his head the fact that the team would be wasting a pick on the Serbian. It didn’t matter that this guy used to be his player. He was just being realistic.
Dumars hadn’t lost hope yet, “Maybe I should call Michael Jordan about the number 5 pick. I think he would agree to a stupid trade.”
Last edited by Fresh8 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Chapter 10

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:53 am

This "Smith" guy... More like "Titus Young"

Dumars... Do you want to be pushed out man?
SuperHueyNewton

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Chapter 10

Postby Mark. on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:03 am

Yeah Dumars is getting unbearable. That being said, perhaps Toroman turns out OK and this is a bit of an eye opener for Bobby.

Where is Toroman projected again?

EDIT: NIce chapter by the way.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood