:PAUSED:19-11 Plan B| Phoenix Suns

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Magic Trade for another guard

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:24 am

Report: Magic trade for Delonte West

Dec. 23, 2011

In yet another puzzling move by the Orlando Magic where they receive Delonte West and Kelena Azumbuike in another trade with the Mavericks. The Mavericks get Ryan Anderson. A big man the Magic needed, but still the Magic did come out of the winning end of this trade. The team is getting smaller, but it still building up talent just in case Dwight wants to leave. Though it is only in December, these may be moves Dwight asked the Magic to make. These players aren't All-Star caliber but they can still help carry a team at any given moment.

Still ESPN will follow any more development of the two traded guards that have landed in Orlando to see if they will have a future there.

ESPN
Ernie Simms is a new reporter for ESPN and follows the Southeast division of the NBA. He had no prior jobs similar to ESPN networking but has done a good job at doing it though. Follow his Twitter here. He's been messin' with Tumbler. Follow his page.

In other News:
James Posey signs with Oklahoma City
Evan Turner wins another Player of the Week award
SuperHueyNewton

Performance Review

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:06 am

Its about 12 P.M. Huey Newton and Will Smith walk into the private conference room at the Pepsi Center to talk about his overview. Its a well furnished room. With a circular oak desk to fit many around it. With a skyline view of busy Downtown Denver. Newton and Smith take a seat close to discuss.

Smith: The team has done great this season going 18-8 so far and you have no risk at losing your job but first until we continue I have to tell you something.

Newton: Yes? What is it?

Smith: If this team had failed to perform as well as this, you wouldn't have a job right now. I only hired you because you are a friend and you are lucky to do this well from some questionable trades and announcements.

Newton: I haven't made a single announcement this year besides looking at Tyler Rooks and Drazen Petrovic. And are you saying I made bad trades?

Smith: I'm not talking about those two, I'm talking about you announcing your interest in Anthony Davis prematurely.

Newton: I never announced that, it was a rumor that was never denied so it was taken as true. Look, just because Evan Turner is friends with Anthony Davis, doesn't mean I set that up?

Smith: So how did the news get in touch with this 'rumor'?

Newton: I don't know, mere speculation I suppose... At first really I had no plan to attempt to obtain him at all. But I have been reading these news articles, and the way we could possibly get him is quite interesting.

Smith: You're still acting like a fan. You are supposed to be professional.

Newton: If I wasn't a fan of this team I wouldn't be trying to better this team. You know that being a fan AND buying part of the team.

Smith: That means nothing really but anyway. You have talked to Andre Igoudala recently, yes?

Newton: Well as in recently you mean the last game against the Nuggets then yes.

Smith: What did you two talk about:

Newton: -sarcastically- Well you know we were chattin' it up. Talkin' about the old days. You know!

Smith: ....

Newton: Well really we were discussing a probable way he could end up back in a Sixers uni.

Smith: Is that all?

Newton: -Surprised- You mean you are okay with that?

Smith: Yes, Andre is a great player, just don't get anyone's hopes up. Its still December.

Newton: Yes sir. Anything else?

Smith: Nothing else, just make sure this team can perform in the playoffs and someone makes the All-Star team.

Will leaves with a puzzled Huey alone. He sits staring out the large window after a while and makes a call.

Newton: Yes, keep your distance from Evan as often as possible. Doesn't matter just do it you understand me?

He hangs up and makes another call

Newton: You bomb this year, we can make it happen later. You just make sure that pick is ours at the draft.
Last edited by SuperHueyNewton on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (18-8) Plan A| I don't wanna kitten or a dog, I wanna Bo

Postby Rosque on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:18 am

just because Evan Turner is friends with Evan Turner, doesn't mean I set that up?

Correct this mistake ;) Other than that. Everything is good :D
Rosque

Re: (18-8) Plan A| I don't wanna kitten or a dog, I wanna Bo

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:28 am

Wow, E.T is freaking killing for you man lol. You must have his shot down to a science now?
qfrmcpt310

Performance Review

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:59 am

Rosque wrote:just because Evan Turner is friends with Evan Turner, doesn't mean I set that up?

Correct this mistake ;) Other than that. Everything is good :D

Thanks, I fixed. Didn't even notice I made that mistake, wrote it before going to bed that night.

qfrmcpt310 wrote:Wow, E.T is freaking killing for you man lol. You must have his shot down to a science now?

Down to a science? Yeah you could definitely say that. I have been using this guy like crazy since 2K11 and his jumpshot is so easy. I have confidence everywhere in the gym.
SuperHueyNewton

@ Nuggets

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:13 am

76ers blowout Nuggets again late in series sweep

AP- Denver CO.| Dec. 28, 2011

Right now I ask you, who can stop this team when it hits the forth quarter? The Heat couldn't do it. The Bobcats couldn't do it. And neither could the Celtics and the Philadelphia 76ers are still putting games away in the forth. They showed they could do it again tonight against the Denver Nuggets

The Nuggets were pumped about this game being in their house hoping to get a win against a powerhouse team. Though their record was already 9-18. Wait, really? Only 9 games? Come on even the Bobcats have been able win 9 games. Anyway, the game started strong. Both teams had that scoreboard close together in a vice grip. Daring the other to let go. It carried on all the way into the first few minutes into the forth quarter until the 76ers remembered something. They can shoot threes. They weren't taking many earlier in the game. They attempted about 5 in all of the first half. The rest was in the final quarter as they shut this game down.

The three's started falling when Evan Turner hit Italian Ice(Danilo Galinari) for an open three. Giving them a 1 point lead. Later, Lou Williams, who hadn't really shot that much, backed up into the corner and shot another three. Then Wilson Chandler nabbed an offensive rebound, ran out, and shot another three. And the blowout began. This game, like many others played by the Sixers, should have been much closer but the Nuggets failed to play D when it came to the three point ball. After a while though, Doug Collins let all the bench players join in with about 2 minutes left and used very little energy as the actually allowed the Nuggets to hit shots when they needed too.

Andre Iguodala actually was the best Nugget on the floor tonight. He ended the night with 23 points and was locked in for most of the game. But very little others stepped in and played big. Igoudala performance is what kept this game close in the first three quarters in the first place. George Karl though, wanted to give him some rest and he barely played any of the forth. Just the last 3 minutes. I wrote earlier this year that maybe the Nuggets could be dominant in the West this year with the pickups from Philadelphia. Seems I was dead wrong and it turned toward the opposite direction.
Iguodala after the loss

There was also, the brightest spot on the court tonight from, you guessed it. Evan Turner. He finished off the game with his first triple-double as a professional. He had 42 points, 13 assists, and 11 rebounds. He took home yet another Player of the Game honors tonight.
Turner was dominant tonight

When talking to Doris Burke, Evan Turner told her, "Did I get 30 and 10 tonight? I got 40, 10, and 10? Wow that's just simply amazing. These guys are great supporters when it comes to play, I didn't start out my best but these guys kept me rolling and it turned into a great performance I would have to say. I'm gonna keep trying my best to get this team into higher places as this season continues.

The player of the game was none other than Evan Turner. In two days, the Philadelphia 76ers will play their final game of this year against the Utah Jazz. The Jazz will be the host at Energy Solutions arena. This isn't the strongest team but they have beat the 76ers previously. Hopefully, the Sixers will walk out with the win.

Turner Sports
Marvin Mars is Turner Sports' main analyst in the NBA Draft and news reporter for the Philadelphia 76ers. He used to work for NBC and ESPN until coming to Turner Sports to become a feature columnist. Follow his Twitter here. Hey! He's got a Facebook now. Like his page.

Post-game stats
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -55-33.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -56-77.jpg
Last edited by SuperHueyNewton on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (19-8) Plan A| End of the year Jazz

Postby Rosque on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:16 am

What are season averages for Turner? He is playing better than A.I. (the first one..) in his prime.
Rosque

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:22 am

Rosque wrote:What are season averages for Turner? He is playing better than A.I. (the first one..) in his prime.

He is averaging 23.6 ppg. 6.4 rpg. 5.8 apg. 1.6 spg in 32.9 mpg.

Those are plenty better then what he did in his rookie season.
And I'll even put his all-star votes: 595,165 He is currently 2,000 votes behind Rajon Rondo and is also in the top 10 in voting. The only players in the east to hit a milli so far is Dwayne wade and Dwight Howard
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Rosque on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:21 am

Those are LeBron-like numbers. Well, except scoring. But he is having a lot of 30-40 point games.
Rosque

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:50 pm

Not really an update but who has heard of the Dwight Deal? Should I do that this ofseason?

If so. Tell me, I will make it a poll too, and put it after every game I do late in the season
SuperHueyNewton

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:39 pm

Idk, do you want Bynum with the type of team you have? I also find it cool that you traded Iggy to Denver and he ended up there IRL
qfrmcpt310

Postby megarover on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Rosque wrote:Those are LeBron-like numbers. Well, except scoring. But he is having a lot of 30-40 point games.

He seems to be putting up more of Drexler's numbers or maybe Hill in his prime then Lebron but I see your point.

Haven't really been paying attention to the trade rumors going around though.
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

People Talk

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:06 am

Alright time to talk to the people

megarover wrote:
Rosque wrote:Those are LeBron-like numbers. Well, except scoring. But he is having a lot of 30-40 point games.

He seems to be putting up more of Drexler's numbers or maybe Hill in his prime then Lebron but I see your point.

Haven't really been paying attention to the trade rumors going around though.

Yeah the trade happened yesterday night really. Like almost 12 in most places

qfrmcpt310 wrote:Idk, do you want Bynum with the type of team you have? I also find it cool that you traded Iggy to Denver and he ended up there IRL

Didn't even see that coming lol. Still, I'll make it a poll, I'll use another team besides the Nuggets so it won't be that lopsided.

LeBron? I don't know, I like the first A.I. though, even though he didn't have to pass until Snow went to Cleveland.
SuperHueyNewton

@ Utah

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:24 am

'It was like practice out there'
Sixers blow out Jazz in front of packed house.

AP- Salt Lake City, UT| Dec. 30, 2011

This was simply a cakewalk for Philadelphia tonight. Without letting up they were able to just chase the Utah Jazz out of Energy Solutions arena from the beginning.

It didn't even start off competitive. The 76ers were able to score 31 points to Utah's 13. Wilson Chandler had 14 points early and wasn't the only one scoring either. Him and Evan Turner had 19 and 16 points respectively at the end of the half with Turner already having 8 assists. Turner turned in another 30/10 game before the forth quarter and sat down for most of it.

The only time where the game could be argued 'competition' was in the third quarter where the Jazz were able to score just one point more then the 76ers. Other than that the Jazz allowed Philly to get three 31 point quarters. Utah couldn't hit. The Sixers D showed up and spelled itself off as Philadelphia allowed no one to get above 20 points and had the leading scorers struggle. Philadelphia even had one of the toughest low post players in the NBA of Paul Milisap and Al Jefferson struggle all night to hit shots and had them force fouls in the forth. The best scorer for the Jazz was Derrick Favors who went 4/4 for 9 points.

This lopsided was only halted by the final buzzers going off, it just wasn't any where as close as expected. As a team, the Jazz shot 43% from the field. Compared to the 76ers 62%. There wasn't much defense either, but you would have pretty much demanded it from the two big guys down low. It just didn't occur.

Evan Turner expressed well-deserved cockiness tonight following his post-game interview. "Well that wasn't much of a challenge." He stated. "That wasn't even a game to us tonight, it was like practice out there. I was able to get that 30/10 mark again before the forth and Wilson had 20 something before the forth two. Imagine what we could have done to this team if we played most of that forth. I didn't expect much from this team anyway, BUT I wanted a fight from the West before we play the Lakers on New Year's Day. How'd they do anyway? Beat the Kings? Alright"

Leandro Barbosa was asked some questions in the team post-game conference. Not prepared for questions he jumped a little and replied. "Hmm? Oh, that was a great game for me. I'd say the best as a Sixer. I got like 12 points(actually 14) and like 5 assists out there. I don't even start. Pretty much getting numbers that could be put on the floor as a starter. I know I'm leaned on a lot being a sixth man and I like to embrace that roll."

The Jazz are now 13-17 and the 76ers are 20-8 in the season as the year for Philly winds down for them. I will be posting the monthly re-cap tomorrow. After tonight, the 76ers will stay on the road as the head to Staples Center to take on the Lakers who are on a 18 game win streak. The teams have expressed the planned use of classic jerseys from both team's history.

POTG: Evan Turner

31 points, 12 assists

Turner Sports
Marvin Mars is Turner Sports' main analyst in the NBA Draft and news reporter for the Philadelphia 76ers. He used to work for NBC and ESPN until coming to Turner Sports to become a feature columnist. Follow his Twitter here. Hey! He's got a Facebook now. Like his page.

Post-game stats
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -50-26.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -49-43.jpg
SuperHueyNewton

Regular Year wrap-up

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:46 am

December month wrap-up

Dec. 31, 2011

Evan Turner wins Eastern Player of the Month

Another first for Evan Turner, he ended the month with another player of the week award then took the monthly award. He went 3/4 in weekly play when it came to player of the week awards this week and it has to be thanked to all the 30/10 games he put up this month and the the triple-double. Turner continues to be in the top ten of Eastern conference All-star votes and hopefully, he's able to get in with Wilson Chandler too. Congratulations to Evan Turner for this new prestigious award for him and again, here's for even more.

76ers end year on another good note

The Philadelphia 76ers ended the month going 9-4 for the month. Similar to the first month of the year where the went 11-4. They will open next month and year against the Los Angeles Lakers on the road where there are hoping to snap the Lakers gigantic 18-game win streak. Thank you for viewing and stay looking for the monthly draft lottery mock in January.

Turner Sports
Last edited by SuperHueyNewton on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (20-8) Plan A| New Years Lakers

Postby Rosque on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:17 am

Nitpicking right now bot... Easter is Christian holiday :D And it should actually be Eastern Player of the Month. Sorry to correct you. :) Great association you have ;)
Rosque

@ LA

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:37 am

West Coast shootout
Sixers beat Lakers in high scoring game.

AP- Los Angeles CA| Jan. 1, 2012

This looks like its going to be a good year. Tonight the Philadelphia 76ers and Los Angleles Lakers showed the NBA how dominant each team can be tonight as both went well over 100 points and both had 40+ scorers tonight. The main story was the 1-UP contest of Evan Turner and Kobe Bryant. Kobe had more points for most of the game but he ended with 49 points and Turner literally 1-UPed Bryant by ending the game with 50 points. Another career high for the second year guard.

The game was a all offense from the tip-off as both teams ended the first quarter with more than 30 points each. The offense from both teams slowed down after that but one thing stayed the same. The name of the game is putting the ball in the basket. Both teams would answer on each others side of the court as this game stayed close until the third. But instead of its opposition breaking down, the Sixers found themselves being down by at least 11 in the third quarter. It wasn't because they were missing shots, it was from empty trips down the court. They had just 11 turnovers, but the player with most of them, Evan Turner had 8. 5 coming from just the third and the 76ers found themselves down and had to play from behind.

The game continued to stay worthy of whatever praise it deserved as the Sixers slowly caught back up and took the opportunity to take the lead and finally run with it. The final quarter is when it seemed Turner wanted to catch up with Kobe in points as he had bad shot selections from three just trying to even the gap. It was in the final second when he had 48 points and was still trying to get his lead. He ran straight at the Lakers defense and got a foul then struck the have century mark. The crowd was steady booing but he still sunk both.

In the post-game interview Turner was elated after this win. "That is what I expect from the West!" He exclaimed. "I'm not saying I was being the best player out there with all of the turnovers I had tonight but you can surely argue it. Kobe really put up a fight against us tonight. I was trying my best to out-do him and I succeeded and got another 12 assists. Boom. Extraterrestrial out. HA!

The 76ers will continue this long road trip heading to Phoenix then New Orleans and finally coming back home against the Detroit Pistons.

POTG: Evan Turner
50 points, 12 assists, 4 steals, 7 rebounds, 1 block

Turner Sports

Post-game stats
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -11-43.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -12-39.jpg
Last edited by SuperHueyNewton on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (20-8) Plan A| New Years Lakers

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:39 am

Rosque wrote:Nitpicking right now bot... Easter is Christian holiday :D And it should actually be Eastern Player of the Month. Sorry to correct you. :) Great association you have ;)

Your completely right. Your fine actually, I didn't notice I forgot the 'n'. Thanks for the support too. I always want some constructive criticism.

Also, I'm working on the Lottery Mock Draft (Mouthful) and will be up in a little bit guyssssss
SuperHueyNewton

Mock Draft: January

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:34 am

Jan. 3 2012

Welcome to the monthly NBA Draft Lottery Mock. Thank you for following this observation and hope you continue watching all the way up to this years draft. But first my key:

-The numbers in parentheses means that is where the player was expected to go last month.
- With player that have "-" inside parentheses means that their value hasn't changed any.
-^ Means they have rose to this list and are new favorites to make it into the lottery.

Now we can see this months new look

Throughout the list it appears to have stayed almost exactly the same as last months with just two players getting bumbed out and in. The players that played themselves in to the expected lottery are:

Tomas Satoransky
Doron Lamb

Satoransky, a European player that has been competing professionally since the age of 16 is playing for the Czech republic and is currently competing quite well in the Euro league. He has spiked interest from around most of this league. He competed in the FIBA World cup last year on the German team and helped his team receive fifth place as they were bounced out by Spain*

Doron Lamb, relative of Jeremy Lamb. Has seen interest rise lately as his Kentucky squad has been tearing up the NCAA apart. He is apart of the team that holds Anthony Davis and it is why his production has rose and teams have hightened their interest in him.

Moving on to the players that dropped out of the lottery mock.

Kendall Marshall
Austin Rivers.

These players are still playing like their normal selves, but the thing is players have been doing a little bit better than this two and it has caused them to slide only slightly. They still might catch people by surprise since the NCAA season is still young.

Perkins' draft trouble
The only story I have for right now has concern with Oak Hill Academy's Derrick Perkins. He has announced for the NBA draft but he is in high school and it has been released by the NBA that he is ineligible to join the NBA until he joins a college basketball team or play over seas. The top two teams from college and overseas that have high interest in him are the North Carolina TarHeels, and Real Madrid, a Spanish basketball team. Perkins has not announced which team he will attend but it has to be soon if he expects to be in the draft this year where he is the best prospect right now.

That's all for now folks. Read up on tomorrow's game as the Philadelphia 76ers head to New Orleans to take on the Hornets. From Turner Sports, I'm Marvin Mars. Talk to you later.

Turner Sports

*That is completely false, I just wrote it to go along with the story. At least I think it is false
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (22-8) Plan A| New Years Lakers Poll Vote!1!!

Postby Rosque on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:02 am

He should go to Madrid to replace my boy Dražen :D At least he would get valuable senior expirience, he'd learn to be more team-mate like because European teams need that because we don't have LeBrons and Kobes and Iversons to take over the game with their athleticism. Je might also pick up a cute chick :D Spanish girls are fiiiine :D
Rosque

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:10 am

Rosque wrote:He should go to Madrid to replace my boy Dražen :D At least he would get valuable senior expirience, he'd learn to be more team-mate like because European teams need that because we don't have LeBrons and Kobes and Iversons to take over the game with their athleticism. Je might also pick up a cute chick :D Spanish girls are fiiiine :D

Last line made me laugh out loud! Literalleeey
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Rosque on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:16 am

But I AM serious :D Let him go to Madrid. He'd also be in heaven if he likes football/soccer because of Real Madrid.
Rosque

Postby Povilas3 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:39 am

Derrick Perkins Interview .

A lot of people and media talking about you being ineligible for draft , whats your thougts ?

Well , you kow Kobe came from High school , Lebron , Shaun Livingston (2004 4th Pick ruined career with injury). It's hard for me i have more offers from Syracuse Kansas from europe as Well , F.C. Barcelona(basketball) Real Madrid , CSKA Moscow , Khimki and a lot of.

So tell us where you career going ?

Well , we'll see . It's hard to tell i want to get some money from my talent i'm not rich , really , i can't affort to buy stuff like iPhone , iPad , Macbook , PS3 and stuff . I can live without it but it's the moment when the family needs money and none of us dont have it , so I will think about the Offers from forgein countries.

What about Draft ?

I want to make my mind quicly , I'll drop my school for Euroleague , I'll make some money too, so i could get up my draft stock more .

How much your averages would change ?

I don't know . I'm sure it would be 32 PPG 13 RPG and 4 APG .

You think you are good ?

Cuz I am.

Okay , hope you will get offer you want , good luck .

It was Dorris Burke from ESPN.
Povilas3

Postby Rosque on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:38 am

I can't stand that bitch Dorris Burke :D Glad he followed my advice :)
Rosque

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:52 am

Hahahahaha, didn't see that nice article coming Povilas3 I'll be sure to mention your decision soon enough
SuperHueyNewton

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood