:PAUSED:19-11 Plan B| Phoenix Suns

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Plan B| Phoenix Suns: You plannin' on leaving?

Postby Mark. on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:20 am

Nice chapter there. I like getting the twins together, would be cool to see them start!
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:53 am

Starting would be a mission they could not accomplish since I am trying to aqcuire G-Force and already have Anthony Davis

Thanks for the input though :D
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Mark. on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:04 am

Injuries..... well timed injuries..... :cheeky:
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:30 am

LMAO?? Conspiracy?
SuperHueyNewton

Still have an Eye on Free Agency?

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:42 am

~ We have just reached Day Seven of the free agency, and boy is this week going by slowly. Only three signings have occurred this week, and the only one worth mentioning is Greg Oden getting a whole lot of money from the Rockets*. We are still trying our best to pull Eric Gordon out here, he won his case with the NBA to take away his Restricted Free Agent clause with New Orleans, so we don't have to worry about them matching our offers, but it may still be days before we know where he'll sign.
~ Gerald Wallace has been in and out of this office like crazy. He really appreciates how aggressive we are trying to go after him. Most of the time he isn't even talking to me, he mostly gets closed into a conference room with Mike Woodson. I guess they're talking about how Mike expects to run the D here in Arizona and how soon he wants this team to win.

~ The Last time Gerald left, I asked Mike what they were talking about.

Mike Woodson: We were talking about how I want to run the team

Huey Newton: And?

Woodson: I told him I want the defense in the face of every player, with or without the ball, and it really seem to impress him.

Newton: Who would be your main offensive focus though?

Woodson: He asked me that too, I told him he'd be right up there after EG if we got a real chance to sign him.

Newton: Okay, transition defense off of steals and rebounds?

Woodson: Fast breakin' all the wa-

~ We were interrupted by a familiar knock at the door. Allen Iverson walked in with a new design in his braids and a sense of urgency in his step

Allen Iverson: You hear about the new court we're building?

Newton and Woodson in unison: What?

Newton: Nah man, I don't handle things of that sort, what is it expected to look like?

Iverson: Aww did you seriously believe that, I'm not for real haha.

Newton: Then what did you come in here for?

Iverson: You fell for that too? It is actually being discussed with the big guys upstairs. Oh, and Eric Gordon is on your phone, might want to get that

~ I couldn't get to my phone fast enough,

Newton: Hello, Huey Newton here

---------------------------------------------------------

~ Well day five is bittersweet for us, we nabbed Eric Gordon, but we missed out on Gerald Wallace. Wallace chose to sign with Washington, no matter. I responded quieter than I would have in the past, Wallace called apologizing for leading us on for so long, but he felt he was better suited for Eastern Conference play. I didn't hold anything against him, I imagine he has a home near D.C. since he played for Charlotte for so long so I didn't get at all mad at him.

~ But boy you can't imagine my excitement when Eric Gordon signed those papers for his new contract!

~ We had banners all around the front office yelling "Welcome to Phoenix Eric!" and had him do a quick photoshoot with his new Suns uni on for ad trucks to go around the city to let the populace know. I asked him who we should go after now since we have a hole in Small Forward now.

Eric Gordon: I would advise Thad Young or Danny Green, both show a great amount of potential and could possibly have great performances when it comes to starting. Other than that, the roster is all wrapped up. We have a whole lot of players here who now what their doing, and Jeremy Evan alongside Anthony Davis could become the players you always wanted.

~ I sat appalled, that is the type of performance you would expect from another general manager, not a player sitting across from me. I picked up my phone still staring at EG with amazement.

Newton: Yes, Mr. Young, this is Huey Newton...
Last edited by SuperHueyNewton on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
SuperHueyNewton

Gordon Signing

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:57 am

Huey Newton responds quickly when it comes to pulling the trigger on anything. Eight days into free agency Phoenix was able to convince Shooting Guard Eric Gordon to play in the desert. Phoenix has been extremely happy to have signed the super-talented player and put him on add trucks and on billboards.

Newton was also to get Jeremy Evans as well. Evans has a tremendous amount of potential and is said to already have been in the gym training with Jermaine O'Neal working on different parts of his game like posting up. If Evans can get a post game rounded out, he will make the Suns' frontcourt a force to be reckoned with.

New Court for The Desert

It has also been rumored that Phoenix is moving in on a new court with the other new faces coming into the new season. A court facelift might be greatly appreciated seeing that it doesn't look exciting enough to support a now exciting cast.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:26 am

Considering and need help choosing a new one, if I can get them to work I'm looking at

http://www.moddingway.com/file/25443.html

http://www.moddingway.com/file/30908.html

http://www.moddingway.com/file/21884.html
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Solaris Phase Two on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:42 am

SuperHueyNewton wrote:Considering and need help choosing a new one, if I can get them to work I'm looking at

The 3rd one
Solaris Phase Two

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:07 pm

Dmastawwe wrote:
SuperHueyNewton wrote:Considering and need help choosing a new one, if I can get them to work I'm looking at

The 3rd one

I agree, but I can't get it to work, when I insert it in the mods, the stadium becomes black and the default court is still in the middle
SuperHueyNewton

Keepin' an eye on FA?

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:11 am

~ We signed Thad Young pretty easily, when he heard our promise for starting, he immediately started to beam with glee. It was only a day later when he put pen to paper on his 4 year $34 million dollar deal. Even with spending as much money as we did, I still had the itch to try and sign one more player, and that other player was Landry Fields, just to get some more bench depth. He came into the office listening because not a single team offered him a contract and he was willing to listen to just about anything we had to say to him.

Huey Newton: Now you probably won't see much play time compared to how much you had in New York, actually you most likely won't even get half of that.

Landry Fields: And I understand that, I'm still willing to battle it out with every team opposing me and my team. I really appreciate you setting up an interview with me.

Huey Newton: Remember that you're far from first priority here, so if you choose to sign and and act up, out you go.

Fields: Really?

Newton: Ha, no. Here goes your contract, look it over, and if you choose to sign it. Welcome to Phoenix Landry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

~ That rounds out our roster and bench. Our new players and soon to be players are: Goran Dragic, Drazen Petrovic, Eric Gordon, Landry Fields, Thad Young, Marcus Morris, Anthony Davis, Darrell Arthur (who most likely won't play), Jeremy Evans and Arnett Moultrie. We've discussed having an open practice before the preseason starts and it seems like a possibility. We'll also be able to display our new court at the same time. Excited can't describe my feeling right now. It feels more like suspense more than anything. I want to see this team succeed, and it looks like I've quickly made a roster that can help do that. Even though I had to put a lot of money into it at the same time.

~ The league has been buzzing for this free agent class and where some players ended up, people actually cared when Greg Oden signed with the Rockets. The Raptors also appear a lot stronger teaming J-Lin up with Rudy Gay. Shannon Brown didn't even find himself on a team and I laughed myself a bit at that one. He expected to get BIG money, now he's getting NO money. ESPN has been covering the Suns for the most part, so it doesn't seem like there were that many major signings.

~ Now we begin training camp, I left the coach to handle that type of thing while I sit back relax and enjoy the show.

This should be a good one.
SuperHueyNewton

Morris twins united

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:13 am

Almost three months after the trade was announced, the Rockets and Suns were finally able to complete the deal that unites both Morris twins. The Twins were taken back to back in the draft by each team in the 2011 Draft and the Suns never lost interest in uniting both brothers on the same team. The trade keeps their bench intact, only giving up Jared Dudley, who publicly expressed that he would not compete for any more minutes, so Huey Newton responded sending him along with a second rounder in exchange for the ex-Jayhawk.

Phoenix receives:
Marcus Morris

Houston receives:
Jared Dudley
Phoenix 2nd round pick
SuperHueyNewton

Re: Plan B| Phoenix Suns: Morris Twins

Postby Mark. on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:48 am

Nice signings with EG and Thad. I also like the Dudley trade as well.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Re: Plan B| Phoenix Suns: Morris Twins

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:32 am

Mark. wrote:Nice signings with EG and Thad. I also like the Dudley trade as well.

Thanks, I kinda "Forced" Thad out of Denver. After I traded him from Philly cough cough he became really unhappy and didn't want to play there anymore, he also had a five year contract, so free agency wasn't an option. His "contract buy out" certainly help me. I pretty much had to put Dudley in that trade, I couldn't have both Morris twins, Michael Redd, Darell Arthur, Eric Gordon, Drazen Petrovic, and him playing small forward at some point or another.
SuperHueyNewton

NLSC Draftees

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:12 am

Though this article is waaaay past late, we can still take a quick look at all of the draftees that were from the NLSC. Note, tthis is in no particular order, we are just taking a look at every player from the 2013 draft class.

Name: DeMarr Jones
Position: Center
Team: Philadelphia 76ers
NLSCer: ThaKidMac

DeMarr Jones out of St. Johns university was drafted 14th overall in the draft. Jones was taken to bolster Philly's frontcourt that was already huge with players like JaVale McGee and Luis Scola, as long as Andrew Nicholson. Jones had an okay career at St. Johns last year, where he nearly averaged a double double at 9.8 RPG and 8.7 PPG while being a member of the Red Storm. His performance was well enough for the Sixers to take him with the final pick in the lottery. He isn't expected to get a tremendous amount of play time for any reason, he'll mostly be coming off the bench fighting for play time behind experienced veterans on Philadelphia's squad.

Name: Dwayne Wilson
Position: Point Guard
Team: New York Knicks
NLSCer: Asder

Dwayne Wilson, one of the many teammates of second overall choice Anthony Davis went at the eighteenth pick in this year's draft. Wilson and the Wildcats went on to be national champions, and that basically helped every player that declared for the draft get taken in the first round. Wilson played a substantial amount of minutes behind Marquis Teague, who was taken eight picks ahead by Utah. Wilson averaged about 6.8 APG playing behind Teague and was taken by the Knicks, who have been looking for their point guard of the future to complement 'Melo and STAT. Wilson most likely will not start, but is still an upgrade over Toney Douglas, so it isn't totally out of the question that he will start over Douglas.

Name: Drazen Petrovic
Position: Shooting Guard/ Point Guard
Team: Phoenix Suns
NLSCer: Rosque

The sharp shooter of a guard Drazen Petrovic was taken with the fifth overall pick in the draft by the now led Huey Newton. Newton made it no secret he would take Petrovic with their second additional pick they got out of Toronto and then Cleveland. Petrovic will very likely be worth the early taking price anyway as he led his Croatian team to their first every finals appearance in their Euroleague debut. Petrovic lit up from three numerous times hitting an average of 43% of his attempted threes and draining 19 points a game on top of that. In the final game where Petrovic was downed by Derrick Perkin's Barcelona team, Petro knocked down all eight shots he took from three in his painful loss that will get him into the draft. Drazen is another draftee who won't play that often since he will be getting play time behind both Eric Gordon and Goran Dragic.

Name: Derrick Perkins
Position: Small Forward
Team: Sacramento Kings
NLSCer: Povilas3

The one-and-done ex-Barcelona star Derrick Perkins was, of course, taken number one overall in the draft. Derrick declared for the draft in High School but was side-tracked by the NBA telling him he had to either play overseas or graduate early and finish his season in college. Deciding not to stress himself out too much, Perkins decided to play in Barcelona and took the Euroleague by storm. He out-muscled every team that Barcelona faced up against losing only three games in his time there and swept almost every team in the five game playoffs. He averaged a phenomenal 32.3 PPG and 8.4 APG en route to a Euroleague Championship. Instead of staying and continue prominence in Spain, Perkins decided opted to go to the draft as planned and was taken number one overall by the Kings. Perkins will start undoubtedly and it won't take long for him to be a star in this league as well as he was in Europe.

Name: Tyler Rooks
Position: Power Forward
Team: Brooklyn Nets
NLSCer: Radioman

Tyler Rooks was the only good the for the Terps this year. The Terps went 13-18 and didn't make it to March Madness. Throughout the year, he impressed NBA scouts, staying consistent, even when the rest of his team struggled so much. Rooks averaged almost 15.6 PPG and about 7.1 RPG and actually slipped in this year's draft. Rooks was taken way back at the 13 pick, almost toppling out of the draft. He could have easily been the fifth pick by Phoenix had the Suns not taken Anthony Davis. Luckily for Brooklyn though, he fell far enough where they thought it was safe and sent Michael Conley to NOLA for the pick that took Rooks. Rooks has said everything right in interviews with the Nets and they feel he has starting potential as he is expected to take most of the load on this new-look Nets team.

Name: Riley Gisseman
Position: Point Guard
Team: Philadelphia 76ers
NLSCer: hiteshom

Last but not least, we have Riley Gisseman of BYU. Gisseman was able to take his Cougars team into the Sweet Sixteen where he was halted by the UCLA Bruins. Gisseman's final year in Brigham Young was enjoyable to watch as he dished out 9.2 APG, but still had about 2.2 Turnovers a game which slightly hurt his draft stock. Gisseman attempted to go off against the Bruins, but was surely handled only hitting 8 of his 28 shots ending the game with 19, though he had to take a lot of shots to get there. Philadelphia may have taken a chance on a player who tries to handle things on his own more often then not, but with Louis Williams still most likely going to see most of the play time and MVP Evan Turner hopefully retaining his form from last year, there won't be much to worry about him and his new bench roll.

Well that was every player taken from the NLSC, maybe even more can get into next year's draft. You guys up for it?
PM me your info if you want to be apart of the next draft!
SuperHueyNewton

Re: Plan B| Phoenix Suns: NLSC Draftees

Postby Mark. on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:15 am

Yeah nothing worse than a positional logjam.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Meet the Team!

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:33 pm

The Phoenix Suns. Last year, the forth best team in the league hope to turn things around with one of the best cast they have seen in years. A day before taking on the Los Angeles Clippers in their preseason opener, the team opened up their practice to the public and media. They had a photoshoot broadcasting every player on the roster, though lineups haven't been released yet, we can only speculate so far. In the team picture, practice had not started yet so the team had an idea. All new players wore their white practice jerseys and all the players returning would wear the black practice jerseys:

You can tell Huey Newton pulled so many triggers this off-season that his gun broke. Only four black jerseys appear in the flurry of white jerseys. For those who don't know, Avery Bradely was acquired from Boston in exchange for Marcin Gortat last season and now won't be expected to start with Eric Gordon now on the team. Bradely so far has expressed that he actually favors the sixth man role over starting. Michael Redd shouldn't be expected to play that often because he was only kept for veteran precence and will only play if there is an injury, same goes for newly aqcuired Darrell Arthur. Markieff isn't expected to start but is most likely going to get plenty of playtime coming his way. Jermaine O'Neal was kept and no one, for now, is better than him on this team at the Center position, so he is expected to start.

Now lets look at EVERYONE else.

Eric Gordon was the prized lottery ticket for Phoenix in the free agency period earlier in the year. Gordon has been branded as the star of the team already and should contribute immediately. Woodson expressed that he doesn't want any one player to levy most of the scoring load, but Gordon might end up doing just that anyway.

Anthony Davis, who was taken second in the draft, and Thaddeus Young, who was taken late in the free agent period both see themselves in desirable situations in Phoenix. Davis, who won a championship with Kentucky this past season wants to win and what does Phoenix do? Build a team around Davis that can help him win, like now. Thad Young played for Denver last year and unhappy is an understatement of his emotions in Denver. He was improperly used and saw the floor rarely last year and became a locker room problem. Young and Denver eventually reached a buy out after the season and so Young signed with the person that traded him to Denver in the first place. It is surprising for Young to hop on a boat paired up with Newton because you would expect bad blood, but all we've seen from Young so far is smiles.

Drazen Petrovic. Taken fifth in the draft and is expected to bring his sharp-shooting antics over to the NBA. I mentioned before that Petrovic went crazy last season for Croatia going eight-for-eight from three before being ousted by Derrick Perkins and Real Madrid. Petrovic, though not being on a team that was as strong as his Croatian team last year, still have Championship ambitions and that should surely help the Ex-Euroleague stars confidence.

Jeremy Evans. Last year's Slam Dunk Champion wasn't used much at all for the Jazz as their was just a oversupply of bigmen there, so when re-signing finally arrived, Evans never earned himself a contract. Late in free agency though, again Newton started calling up prospects with potential contracts they just couldn't refuse and Evans was one of those players who didn't. Evans will mostly be use to back up O'Neal to play defense when he sits and try his hardest to score.

Marcus Morris. One of the only players here that was acquired via trade, has been paired up with his twin sibling Markieff Morris. Marcus is going to be the small forward slash power forward to back up Thad Young and might see play time along with his brother. Markieff had a quiet season last year. Only playing about five minutes a game last year didn't really help his rookie campaign. Woodson has hinted that Marcus, along with his brother will be getting at LEAST fourteen minutes a game and will most likely be seen out there on the floor together. I can't wait to see #11 and #12 make their season debuts!

Landry Fields. Ex-Knick who, as a former second rounder, really impressed in his rookie year, but pretty much sputtered out in his sophomore season only seeing eleven minutes per game almost exactly. Fields didn't like his sudden bench role and was very loud about it, when the Knicks were too stubborn to trade him, he fled out to Phoenix. Where he will most likely get about the same play-time, but it isn't like he expected to play that much in the first place with so many players better than him.

Arnett Moultrie. Taken 35 overall in the draft will not expect to play that often for Phoenix. He has a big body that will ensure him some play time, but for now he's just learning the ways of the game and that is the approach the Suns should/shall put on him. Moultrie does come in a tad overweight being 6'11 and 249 lbs. so for right now Woodson has expressed he will monitor when Moultrie plays.

Last but not least we have Goran Dragic. Dragic is the point guard who was eventually the player to kick Nash out of Arizona finally. I'm not saying Nash is good, but Dragic has the potential to be Nash and then some. He has shown flashes of brialliance with his passing skills and knows how to hit a shot all around the building. Again, we may not see many assist out of him from Woodson's game plan but hopefully it doesn't get too much in the way to hinder his passing skills.

There you have it folks, the new look Suns have finally arrived and who else is excited for this season to finally begin?
SuperHueyNewton

Re: Plan B| Phoenix Suns: Meet The Team!

Postby Andrew_Wiggins on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:08 pm

"There you have it folks, the new look Suns have finally arrived and who else is excited for this season to finally begin?"

*raises hand*
Future king of the NBA.
Andrew_Wiggins

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:30 am

Andrew_Wiggins wrote:"There you have it folks, the new look Suns have finally arrived and who else is excited for this season to finally begin?"

*raises hand*

I don't think I have Andrew Wiggins in my draft lol, downloaded it months ago. Will add him though!
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Rosque on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:42 am

Go small with Dragić, Dražen and Eric :D Hoping for 48-55 wins.
Rosque

Preseason wrap up

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:54 am

As the NBA preseason finally wraps up, we get to see how some of the teams have really changed shape coming into the year. We'll now see how the Phoenix Suns did heading into their first rebuilding preseason:

The Suns went a disappointing 2-5 in the preseason after people thought they would play phenomenal. Phoenix was able to beat the Clippers to start October, but after that, they gathered loss after loss until finally fighting off the Knicks in their second bout. Some loses included several blowouts by the hands of Detroit, aforementioned Knicks, Mavericks, and a close in their second game with the Clippers the loss was by double digits. Coach Mike Woodson did not want to comment on how badly the team appeared heading into games that they should have won. All he told the press was, "Look, we can't judge our whole season based off of seven games that don't even count. We have to pull ourselves together in the future though to ensure our own success."

Phoenix will finally kick off its season at home against Kevin Love and the Minnesota Timberwolves. The T'Wolves have loads of talent from Love to Austin Rivers. Michael Beasely played at shooting guard most of last season and put up numbers similar to those when he played for the Miami Heat. This game should be a matchup nightmare for both teams, as either team has atheletic abilities on different portions of their games.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Mark. on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:56 am

rough pres season. But far to early to judge the team
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:00 pm

Mark. wrote:rough pres season. But far to early to judge the team

I sure do hope so, don't want any unnecessary moves to occur now would we?
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Mark. on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:58 am

Haha no, knee jerk moves right now probably wouldn't help!
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:35 am

alright I'm finally getting ready to start the much awaited game opener! Wish me luck!
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Mark. on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:28 am

Good luck. I expect a 30 points game from EG. Min 3 blocks and 9 rebounds from AD as well.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood